4.10 star(s) 123 Votes

thataboo

Jan 18, 2018
Look at the NTL. It makes cinematic animations, videos , and 2 updates per month. There is more work and effort there than many adult devs. Do you know why ? He is an artist, he takes money and spends it on acquiring better skills and improving performance.
I speak only for myself. You can render about 700-800 images per month on hardware for 2k $. Now let's look at the spending of real developers.
1. To pay for the translation of the text (10-20$)
2. You can write the code yourself, being a Jun (or pay 50$)
3. The rest of the time you work on the script and images yourself , if you constantly invest in improving your skills and updating equipment, you can make 700 ready-made images in a month.

Conclusion: laziness, laziness, laziness, laziness.
Well here you have a difference in animation, NLT makes good looking animations, but it's not the same style as this game.
Plus NLT does it as a profession, TTll does it because he likes doing it and takes the time he wants and probably needs.

Let's compare two other things right:
- Quentin Tarantino as a director made (according to IMDB) about 11 movies since 1991
- Steven Spielberg as a director made (according to IMDB) about 21 movies since 1991

Why is Quentin so fricking lazy? Why I ask you? <This is your thinking

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
6 computers with the latest hardware + Mac. I worked as a freelancer for a long time, then moved from the city to a small village where prices are much lower than in Moscow. Only in this way could I save myself on the necessary things. Well, Yes, I keep money in the Bank in euros, I have already made money on the exchange rate. Heh heh. For some reason, all the guys from my country are such slow developers, it's a shame.
Oh that's nice that you were able to save and even earn lately. ...Slow developers... What about Dark Silver? I thought he delivers updates every month. I don't know many devs from Russia unfortunately. :( Super_alex, Slonique, ttll, Dark Silver, who else well known? And what is the boundary between a lazy and a non-lazy developer, in your opinion? In the context of the amount of content. Like... Everything that is less than 200 renders per month is meh...

• Angry
Reactions: sobstorydev_memes

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
Well here you have a difference in animation, NLT makes good looking animations, but it's not the same style as this game.
Plus NLT does it as a profession, TTll does it because he likes doing it and takes the time he wants and probably needs.

Let's compare two other things right:
- Quentin Tarantino as a director made (according to IMDB) about 11 movies since 1991
- Steven Spielberg as a director made (according to IMDB) about 21 movies since 1991

Why is Quentin so fricking lazy? Why I ask you? <This is your thinking
It is very easy to parry when it comes to the quality of the product as a whole. Yes, a person is not a professional, but no one forbids him to develop himself and do at the level. If the quality of ttl would be much higher than the quality of NTL, then I would not ask this question, but it is the opposite. He likes to make games, but who argues and forbids ? Approach to your business should be with full dedication. And when you get as much money as the Manager earns at work in the office, well, I'm sorry, please take everything a little more seriously. Despite what developers you have in your signature, I want to Express my indignation and disrespect to you. 2 real scammers to the row and (ttl). The latter is withdrawing payments, so it's too early to criticize it.

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
Oh that's nice that you were able to save and even earn lately. ...Slow developers... What about Dark Silver? I thought he delivers updates every month. I don't know many devs from Russia unfortunately. :( Super_alex, Slonique, ttll, Dark Silver, who else well known? And what is the boundary between a lazy and a non-lazy developer, in your opinion? In the context of the amount of content. Like... Everything that is less than 200 renders per month is meh...
Each top game is developed by a Russian developer. Even the one who made the most beautiful milf (Melinda) is also Russian. No. Let me explain it to you so that it becomes clearer: If 200 images a month are supported by a good story, they do not repeat themselves + have animation and logic, then this can be tolerated. I have known Alex for a long time and he is well aware of his shortcomings, he has never been able to make a large number, because he can not buy a few installations and put them on rendering in time. There are very few good examples on this forum, there are almost none, everyone has taken the practice of Milf city and empty promises. Of course, it is good to earn money without doing anything along the way) this is convenient.

Reactions: Kermit79

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
Each top game is developed by a Russian developer. Even the one who made the most beautiful milf (Melinda) is also Russian. No. Let me explain it to you so that it becomes clearer: If 200 images a month are supported by a good story, they do not repeat themselves + have animation and logic, then this can be tolerated. I have known Alex for a long time and he is well aware of his shortcomings, he has never been able to make a large number, because he can not buy a few installations and put them on renering in time. There are very few good examples on this forum, there are almost none, everyone has taken the practice of Milf city and empty promises. Of course, it is good to earn money without doing anything along the way) this is convenient.
But doesn't that mean that this is a common trend for developers, not only russian devs? :unsure:

• Angry

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
But doesn't that mean that this is a common trend for developers, not only russian devs? :unsure:
Right. But the example was taken from those who really cared about their game before. Why give in to stupid trends , if you can work hard, and then earn money ? :WaitWhat:

Reactions: Kermit79

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
Right. But the example was taken from those who really cared about their game before. Why give in to stupid trends , if you can work hard, and then earn money ? :WaitWhat:
I can't say for others. I can only guess that some of the devs feel exhausted after months of hard work when they had to pose arms and legs and heads all the time and to spend weeks on the same things. :D Even if these things are not as "hard" as the work of people who has to carry sandbags all day long.

• Angry

thataboo

Jan 18, 2018
It is very easy to parry when it comes to the quality of the product as a whole. Yes, a person is not a professional, but no one forbids him to develop himself and do at the level. If the quality of ttl would be much higher than the quality of NTL, then I would not ask this question, but it is the opposite. He likes to make games, but who argues and forbids ? Approach to your business should be with full dedication. And when you get as much money as the Manager earns at work in the office, well, I'm sorry, please take everything a little more seriously. Despite what developers you have in your signature, I want to Express my indignation and disrespect to you. 2 real scammers to the row and (ttl). The latter is withdrawing payments, so it's too early to criticize it.
Sure you can disrespect me, I'm fine with that, but the games were good and I was interested in the stories.
I did not have the room to fit WVM in, but these are my favorite games, plus and this is very important I did not give any of them money because I do not have the money to give them.
But let's go into what you are saying, you again see this as his only job, but he has statted multiple times that he put 13 months in the first part, he figured that if you put up a patreon he would get a bit more to help him get to the second part, maybe even quicker. But never imagined the populairity, it's like becoming famous in no time, most people don't know how to handle that, handle the pressure. But let's keep on bashing those people for being lazy, because everyone is the same

Reactions: Xumeey

fictitious

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I love this game (and support it on Patreon), but am starting to get worried. It seems to me that ttll is an artist and he's great at the 3D art (as we can all see), but he could stand to be a bit more disciplined. That seems to be a common trend with many artists however.

I just wish the communication was better with game devs in general (at the very least with their Patrons). Give us an update every 1 or 2 weeks. It can be "Still coding, blah blah." Right now, we have no idea knowing if the update is coming tomorrow, or March 31st (or paused for another month).

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
Sure you can disrespect me, I'm fine with that, but the games were good and I was interested in the stories.
I did not have the room to fit WVM in, but these are my favorite games, plus and this is very important I did not give any of them money because I do not have the money to give them.
But let's go into what you are saying, you again see this as his only job, but he has statted multiple times that he put 13 months in the first part, he figured that if you put up a patreon he would get a bit more to help him get to the second part, maybe even quicker. But never imagined the populairity, it's like becoming famous in no time, most people don't know how to handle that, handle the pressure. But let's keep on bashing those people for being lazy, because everyone is the same
The most interesting thing is that 95 percent have similar symptoms. Coincidence or the same person syndrome ? Or am I right ?

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
Can I interject to mention one aspect all of these conversations about delays NEVER take into account:

I had this side project that took me about 4 months to deliver, let's say it was 1 game update. In reality it took about 120 hours of work to complete but since I could only work on the project for an hour a day it took 4 months instead of 2 weeks.

How does everyone EVERYWHERE keep measuring development time from all the devs, from all the games, without having a clue as to how many hours each one spends on their projects?

Is ttll putting on 10h a day on the game but is taking a long time because he's slow or is it because he's a perfectionist or maybe he's learning as he goes. Perhaps he is only able to spend 2h a day on it, or perhaps he wasn't able to touch the project at all for a whole week because of life reasons.

Bottom line is, you don't know. What you can't absolutely equate these patreon sponsored games to is a normal 40-50h a week job with bosses and scheduled breaks and supervision. So STOP DOING IT ALREADY!

fictitious

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Can I interject to mention one aspect all of these conversations about delays NEVER take into account:

I had this side project that took me about 4 months to deliver, let's say it was 1 game update. In reality it took about 120 hours of work to complete but since I could only work on the project for an hour a day it took 4 months instead of 2 weeks.

How does everyone EVERYWHERE keep measuring development time from all the devs, from all the games, without having a clue as to how many hours each one spends on their projects?

Is ttll putting on 10h a day on the game but is taking a long time because he's slow or is it because he's a perfectionist or maybe he's learning as he goes. Perhaps he is only able to spend 2h a day on it, or perhaps he wasn't able to touch the project at all for a whole week because of life reasons.

Bottom line is, you don't know. What you can't absolutely equate these patreon sponsored games to is a normal 40-50h a week job with bosses and scheduled breaks and supervision. So STOP DOING IT ALREADY!
While your point is fair, it's one thing to expect something out of thin air, and another to expect something based on dev's soft guidance at the end of November/begining-of-December, yet here we are mid-March...

I'll say it again -- proper communication is key.

4.10 star(s) 123 Votes