VN Ren'Py Abandoned Coming Home is Never Easy [Prologue] [Caveboomer Productions]

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
C. I very much doubt it.
D. Who really cares if there is, MC was force to go to the will reading where he just got a job working for the 2 house holds.
Once this happen I put this junk in the trash can.
Just a fucking job, who in the hell cares about the women he barely even knew in the first place.
It does not say when the step family came into MC life but he left or was ran out of the house at 10 years old and no contact with them for many years some where around 24 to 40 years later.
Mh. Im asking because I somewhere read here that some or even all LI protect/excuse the Dad behaivor of raping them as a Stockholm Syndrome.

And for me a harem end is always a good carrot to lead my through different Stories. I read so many garbage (South Korean Manhwas/Novels) in my past only to see a happy end with harem.
But ofcourse, it up to the skill of the author how he can made ALL this into a harem end without coming in conflict with logical behavior.

Reactions: v1900

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Mh. Im asking because I somewhere read here that some or even all LI protect/excuse the Dad behaivor of raping them as a Stockholm Syndrome.

And for me a harem end is always a good carrot to lead my through different Stories. I read so many garbage (South Korean Manhwas/Novels) in my past only to see a happy end with harem.
But ofcourse, it up to the skill of the author how he can made ALL this into a harem end without coming in conflict with logical behavior.
You will just have to play it to see whats going on but for me I will pass on it even with a new rewrite of the story.

Dev should do his game his way even though it can piss off some of the player base there still players out there that like this kind of junk.
Dev bowed to the complaints and now is changing the story.

This is what I got out of the game so far.
1. MC some where between age 5 to 10 step family moves in and MC gets raped by his dad.
2. At age 10 MC is chased out of the house by his dad trying to kill him.
3. MC goes somewhere to live and then gets into the military and makes a name for himself and now has a great security company making lots of money.
(To get that far making great money in a security company many years need to past.)
4. MC is forced to go to the will reading or the 2 families will lose everything.
5. At the end MC gets a fucking job doing ground work for both houses and a fucking letter.

If it was me I would walk out the door throwing the letter in the trash without reading it going back to the city where MC's company is and forgetting all about the fucking job and letter and the 2 households.

Reactions: v1900 and qaywsx

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
You will just have to play it to see whats going on but for me I will pass on it even with a new rewrite of the story.

Dev should do his game his way even though it can piss off some of the player base there still players out there that like this kind of junk.
Dev bowed to the complaints and now is changing the story.

This is what I got out of the game so far.
1. MC some where between age 5 to 10 step family moves in and MC gets raped by his dad.
2. At age 10 MC is chased out of the house by his dad trying to kill him.
3. MC goes somewhere to live and then gets into the military and makes a name for himself and now has a great security company making lots of money.
(To get that far making great money in a security company many years need to past.)
4. MC is forced to go to the will reading or the 2 families will lose everything.
5. At the end MC gets a fucking job doing ground work for both houses and a fucking letter.

If it was me I would walk out the door throwing the letter in the trash without reading it going back to the city where MC's company is and forgetting all about the fucking job and letter and the 2 households.
I mean, all what the dev. needed to change was the rape part about the LI. It seems people dont mind MC to get raped (lol) but have big problems when ALL LI got dirty.

But yeah, I prefer that devs stay true to the story they want to tell and not to please a specific crowd of people, even im one of these people who are gonna benefit from it.
If its good its good, if its a dumpster fire you get at least something to laugh and point fingers how not to write/creatre games.

Im not going to play the game how it is right now because I will probably wrongly misjudge it since a "version 2.0" is upcoming which seems to be the final version of it.

Jethro Hatfield

Developer of the Valkyrion Project trilogy
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
a1fox3 The choice for the rewrite was mine and mine alone, honestly I was having issues with incorporating everything I wanted to with such a limited backstory. I have decided to change the story to provide more as far as world building, and ability to better encompass the various topics I want to cover. I'm sorry to hear you won't be giving the rewrite a try, but I appreciate your candor and you trying the previous version of Coming Home is Never Easy. I do hope at some point you change your mind, however I will understand if you don't.

Valeriyo Please, if you decide to play through this version of the game; do so only to get an idea of my method of story telling, and nothing more. There is no real "content" for this version, however the rewrite will have plenty of content, a sprawling story and hopefully memorable characters. I do try to stay involved with the readers and comments here so if you have questions or concerns please feel free to voice them. I appreciate ALL feedback on my work.

I am trying something different as far as coding for the new version. As the story is told from the MC's point of view, at certain points in the story there will be "unlockable" side scenes that will only be viewable from the gallery. These are going to be shown from either a different character's point of view, or from a third person view.

Currently I am about 45% of the way through the rewrite of the Prologue. I plan on releasing in full chapters only, with each chapter ranging in the ballpark of 17,000-23,000 words each release. As this is a passion project I want to create a story that is memorable, and stands apart from the others.

Please stay tuned for updates. I am working very hard on this, and spend any time I am not working my full time job on this story.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
I see you are very passionable about this project and I respect that. With 45% done I guess that perhaps we can see what the story is now somwhere in December ?
Whats the "unlockable" side scenes tho ? Are these like fetish oriented ones or is it more that some LI gets their background flashed out ? If its the later, why not impliment it in the main story ?

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
The side scenes are there only for a unique world-building experience. These will generally be something along the line of examples such as "Two LI's having a conversation about the MC behind closed doors" or "Seeing the MC's father being actively involved in antagonistic ways." And with the main storyline being told from a first-person namable MC point of view these extracurricular scenes actually detract from the MC's POV.

I am not yet ready to announce a potential release date for the rewrite. As I work on this when I am not working my full-time job. And as the holiday season is fast approaching in the U.S., this means my schedule could change drastically taking time away from scene writing. And I do not want to promise a release date that I cannot fulfill.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: BTLD

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
As the story is told from the MC's point of view, at certain points in the story there will be "unlockable" side scenes that will only be viewable from the gallery. These are going to be shown from either a different character's point of view, or from a third person view.
You should be careful with this, you might be spending extra time on stuff that only an extreme minority of your players will even look at. I would look into seeing how you can incorporate those scenes into the main storyline instead so your effort doesn't end in vain.

Reactions: juan palote

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
You should be careful with this, you might be spending extra time on stuff that only an extreme minority of your players will even look at. I would look into seeing how you can incorporate those scenes into the main storyline instead so your effort doesn't end in vain.
I've thought about that, to be honest, which is why I originally decided to keep only world building scenes in there. Things that will not necessarily affect the plot or main storyline. Any scenes that may directly impact the story will be included in the main novel.

bludmarine

Jul 5, 2020
I've thought about that, to be honest, which is why I originally decided to keep only world building scenes in there. Things that will not necessarily affect the plot or main storyline. Any scenes that may directly impact the story will be included in the main novel.
Do you know when I play through side content in a game? When I've finished the entire game or the latest release. If you pull all of the world building content, or even most of it, and put it all in side content you're going to have a lot of players that have no idea what is going on.

A case in point here, when playing the previous release I had no idea why there were elves in this game. The game was not presented as a modern story with fantasy elements, there was just this random character introduced that was an elf. If the reason for elves being present in this story is moved to side content, I could entirely miss the rationale for the race being present.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I agree with what the others are saying, very few people will look at that content, you would be wasting valuable resources on it, and delaying the actual content everyone that plays your game will see

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
Thank you all for your advice, I will keep that in mind as we continue the development moving forward.

Just to update everyone I am about 60% through the rewrite of the first release. I will still continue checking in here as we move forward. So please, feel free to ask questions, share your thoughts, but please... let's keep it civil.

So I will kick things off with the first question,

What are some things that you haven't seen too many dev's cover, (As far as legal content goes) that you would like to see in an AVN?

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Thank you all for your advice, I will keep that in mind as we continue the development moving forward.

Just to update everyone I am about 60% through the rewrite of the first release. I will still continue checking in here as we move forward. So please, feel free to ask questions, share your thoughts, but please... let's keep it civil.

What are some things that you haven't seen too many dev's cover, (As far as legal content goes) that you would like to see in an AVN?
Hard question, i think almost everything was covered, and the things that get little coverage do so for a reason, which is that less people like them.

I dont think you have too much room to be original in terms of fetishes, just try to make your story make sense and you can have a good game.

There are tens of thousands of games, i dont think there is much room to improvise outside of the story itself.

I wont enumerate the flaws your original story had because they were discussed already, we will have to wait for the new one that i hope will be an improvement and you should be ok

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019

How about an LI with a young child,who's struggling to pay the bills?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Harem Trooper

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I am open to this addition, would you consider talking with me and helping hash out the details?
Whatever you decide to do, maybe renaming the game and starting another game thread would be prudent as well. There is no saving this game's name with the reputation it has. Maybe doing some kind of workshopping of Coming Home:

Coming Home: The beginning.
Coming Home: Rebirth
The Upside of Coming Home
Coming home to Change
Cherish your Home

Maybe something that reflects the nice tone you wanted to get through.

Shining in the Darkness
Cherish the Memories
Discovering the Light

Just some simple names I came up with in a couple of minutes :) Wish you luck!

• Angry
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Whatever you decide to do, maybe renaming the game and starting another game thread would be prudent as well. There is no saving this game's name with the reputation it has.
Agree.
I've seen it before with other games that even if "problematic" content is changed/removed old comments about them always come back to haunt the game.
I think the "new" game needs a complete rebrand, new name, new thread. The only way this thread could be used is if the mods would delete all previous comments but they don't do that and I highly doubt that everyone that commented would delete their comment to give the overhauled game a better chance of success.

Reactions: Larry2000

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
Alright everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that with the entire story being revamped, And I have decided that this project will be called something else entirely, I am officially "abandoning" this as to the entire idea has been scrapped and is being reworked. It will be released under an entirely different name. Thank you all for trying this out and I look forward to seeing you all when we release the revamp. (Which by the way I will post the links to the new project here as well when we release.)

Until then, thank you all for your insights and we will see you soon.

J.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Alright everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that with the entire story being revamped, And I have decided that this project will be called something else entirely, I am officially "abandoning" this as to the entire idea has been scrapped and is being reworked. It will be released under an entirely different name. Thank you all for trying this out and I look forward to seeing you all when we release the revamp. (Which by the way I will post the links to the new project here as well when we release.)

J.
it's sad, because even with all that amount of "angst", if managed properly, this game could have a chance to be one of the best.

but i understand and i know, how hard is to manage a sexy-game while dealing with a very dark theme.

Tinuss

Mar 31, 2018
Alright everyone,

J.
No worries, drop a message on this thread when its ready (y)

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes