Fatneck

Aug 19, 2020
Which version did you download? This should be fixed in version 1.7.1.
I get it, i downloaded it this morning and after work i was eager to play. In the meantime you did the update. i did not realize. But keep up th good work. This is one of the best games to download among other great ones. Please do not go astray because others tell you what they need. Btw very much thanks for the loss of panties :) it is a bit gibberish wjhat i am typing, but you get what i mean. What i still miss is somewhere the oportunity to buy you a cup of coffee or something like that. Or i plainly missed that as wel. If so please point it out.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I don't understand your question.

Not sure if want it to be full screen or not?

F5 switches between full screen and windowed and F6 changes the widowsize when played in a window.
I think the question is why is the game acting like it's in fullscreen when it's not. Why is Fullscreen forced. The game acts like it's in fullscreen even if you remove it with F5 and minimizes when you try to go do something else. That's not what a windowed game does.
Also audio/bgs/clock thing is back this update as well. I don't know how this file keeps going awol every update but here we are again.
is the file supposed to be "_clock" since the game is asking for just "clock" renamed the file to "clock" and it stopped crashing when entering her home.
Checked previous version which I played. File is still named "_clock"but does not crash.

Last edited:

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I think the question is why is the game acting like it's in fullscreen when it's not. Why is Fullscreen forced. The game acts like it's in fullscreen even if you remove it with F5 and minimizes when you try to go do something else. That's not what a windowed game does.
Also audio/bgs/clock thing is back this update as well. I don't know how this file keeps going awol every update but here we are again.
is the file supposed to be "_clock" since the game is asking for just "clock" renamed the file to "clock" and it stopped crashing when entering her home.
Checked previous version which I played. File is still named "_clock"but does not crash.
It doesn't start full screen over here. It should start as a window unless there are some messed up settings/problems on the users PC's. There's a whole chapter dedicated to this in the included readme:

====================
Fullscreen:
====================

*Your monitor needs to support at least a resolution of 1280x960 to see the whole screen!
*Monitors with vertical resolution less then 960 will not be able to display the game properly!

Starting the game in full screen mode might cause issues.
Don't start the game in full screen mode but use F5 to make it full screen.

Press F1 and uncheck start full screen if it's checked...

OR

Edit the game.ini and make sure Fullscreen=0. (Restart game after.)
Open the game.ini with a texteditor and change Fullscreen=1 to Fullscreen=0

OR

If the game is active try ALT+ enter to exit/enter full screen mode.

Use F5\F6 and make it windowed

Because RPG maker used 4:3 resolution some black bars will be present when using widescreen A.k 19:6 etc..

There are a lot of different posts regarding the "screen being cut off" when launching this game in either full screen or windowed.It seem these problems arise in particular with people who are using a laptop. There is a consensus that updating video drivers can help.

It seems unknown to many that RGSS, in all its versions, shares the configuration from the F1 menu for all games. So, for example, all games made using RGSS3 share the same F1 config, if you change it for one, you change it for every other game.

To change that, you can use regedit.(CAREFULLY!!! Careless use of regedit can screw up your entire PC!)

Look for:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Enterbrain -> RGSS3 (or the version your game uses).
Right click on LaunchInFullScreen and select Edit (First option), set the value to 0.
Be sure to perform those changes when Game.exe and RPG Maker are closed.

Also audio/bgs/clock thing seems to be problem on your side. Maybe it goes wrong with extraction or something.
_clock is oblivious not the proper name. It called just clock.ogg.

Hunderds? of people have downloaded and played the game already. If this was a problem inside the package every player should have reported this problem, since it makes it kinda unplayable.

Since that not the case the problem seems that something keeps messing up the filename on your end.

Reactions: waffel

Rogue9

Feb 28, 2019
My game doesn't allow me to start a can show after I got the outfit and the mask. It asks if I want to start a show but nothing happens. I also have location stars floating out in dead space.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
My game doesn't allow me to start a can show after I got the outfit and the mask. It asks if I want to start a show but nothing happens. I also have location stars floating out in dead space.
From the readme.

====================
Known Issues:
====================

Sometimes when the text speed under settings is set to 'instant' choices are skipped
or may cause you to be unable to start some events. At this time, only attempting to start a webcam show or the Gina sleepover event seem to be affected. Setting
the text speed to 'normal' before those events should fix this. There seems to be a conflict with a 3rd party script, and the issue remains unresolved.

jadegreen

Jul 31, 2018
im been trying to get full screen and cant. i just loaded the newest update. i can only see about 1/3 of the screen. i have tried f5, f6, f11 f12 and nothing. hit esc in hopes to see maybe way to do it there and dont see anything becuase it outside my screen view

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
im been trying to get full screen and cant. i just loaded the newest update. i can only see about 1/3 of the screen. i have tried f5, f6, f11 f12 and nothing. hit esc in hopes to see maybe way to do it there and dont see anything becuase it outside my screen view
See this post here or the included readme for a couple of things you could try.

https://f95zone.to/threads/coming-of-age-v1-7-1-crazybat.1794/post-5383628

You could also use the falcon-Mkxp.exe to see if it has the same problem. (Use alt+enter to go full screen when using falcon.mkxp.exe

magic karl

Jan 1, 2019
Ran into some text bugs. 2 scenes with step brother so far here the character is called 0. This was in the hand job and tit job scenes. Playing 1.71

jadegreen

Jul 31, 2018
none of the changes work on either one. im on a tv screen with hdmi hook up. i can change the screen manually. but is there a way to have the game to save the screen setup or do i have to change it each time i want to play

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Ran into some text bugs. 2 scenes with step brother so far here the character is called 0. This was in the hand job and tit job scenes. Playing 1.71
Did you start game at version 1.6 or higher? With save games from 1.5 or lower you'll need to set the family relation under setting for it to display properly. If that's not the case it's prob a typo I need to fix.

Priappus

Engaged Member
Nov 21, 2019
this game is played with falcon-Mkxp.exe,I also had problems in the past but now with the falcon I have none.

magic karl

Jan 1, 2019
Did you start game at version 1.6 or higher? With save games from 1.5 or lower you'll need to set the family relation under setting for it to display properly. If that's not the case it's prob a typo I need to fix.
Changed the family setting and now I get correct text in conversation. Thanks. Been following this game for a while now, always one of my favorites.

4.00 star(s) 40 Votes