Tuxis

Nov 17, 2016
Some things I'm wondering about.

-Is anything is supposed to happen if you go into Debbie's assignments, into conduct and then into Night Club Access and select that she is still allowed to go there?

Because what happened for me was that she just disappeared from the club anyway and I have no idea if it is just broken or I am missing something?

-Wondering if something is supposed to happen if you make that first call to Primeva from the international department? Because it seems to imply that you have set something in motion that cannot be stopped...
It'd be kind of cool if they just showed up and kidnapped them anyway if too much time went by or something like that but I am starting to think maybe you just just have to go trough all of the calls and they disappear.

-What's up with the security and the "Surveillance: System Check", in the houses and at the boat, is that used or going to be used at some point?

Reactions: baroncorbin

Wonderhorse1206

Sep 4, 2022
Has anyone managed to get Katherine since this last update? After Debbie rejects the first time I ask about interviewing her, the option to ask again disappears. It doesn't come back, even after:
- Debbie 0/0
- Agatha chipped
- Secretary pool open
- Alexis in charge of secretary pool
- Becoming CEO

I tried leaving the question to interview Katherine open until after Debbie is 0/0 and Agatha chipped, but then the option also disappears.
For Kathrine, I remembered she will show up in the SecPool. But I don't remember the exact steps.
After all Agatha Calibration was done, you will have a Second chance to talk to Debbie and let her bring Kath. And the later part I don't remember quite well, You may find her in the SecPool later.

Reactions: starcock94

Tuxis

Nov 17, 2016
To finish "Debbie's club promotion" one needs to pay back the debt she incurs with Thread Thimble Tailors after Anna Sarin has been transferred to the Russians. Then go back to your office and go into Debbie's daily assignments, there will be an unmarked new option in Health and welfare of all places where you can discuss the financial obligations.

The rest is fairly self explanatory get her the job, the clothes and then get the stripper version of Debbie's (MBA Debbie) ambition down below the required amount.

SimpleMind666

Oct 12, 2020
I have played this game quite some time now for quite some versions since you started it, but since 1.7.3 I'm having the same issues over and over again:
- there are no events anymore that I can send Debbie to Doctor Pain
- I can't get Debbie to join me in my Beach House or Ski Lodge
- At a certain point, Vixxens keeps on showing an exclamation mark, but there are no actions to be executed
I hoped this would pass when installing the newer versions, but that doesn't happen.
Should I clear the registry before installing? Because I don't understand why this is recurring since 1.7.3

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I've restarted the game. I hadn't played it in a while and decided it to give it another go, see what's new.

I don't remember if I did things right the first time around but now the following problems occured:

In the dollhouse it seems I am stuck very early. I only completed the proteus energy contract mission and non of the other are available to be completed.
Meghan doll has no stats that I can see but I can't select any of her options.

There's no department head for marketing, or maybe I am? Still, there's no way to get Brand like the other resources.

I found anna sarin, something about skandinavia but that's not a destination.

Everything else is stuck except the need for 500 revenue in London. I don't feel like grinding 500 revenue.

Ekin_99

Nov 27, 2019
WOW. Big download = Big disappointment. MAC version is buggy as get out. Issues include the following:

1. Can't save...file name? Just save the game!?!
2. After getting the USB key from Maxwell...spent the next month on downtime. Nothing else is available in the office (cubicle) or at home (blank white screen when clicking the security cam?)
3. Can't minimize window without losing mouse functionality/Only works in fullscreen mode, not in a window.

Started the game 3 times and it still goes to the same point.

Tuxis

Nov 17, 2016
Since I'm already CEO and Jenny is in my sec pool I guess I can't access the male replacement ever now?
Can mess with the save, be careful and store a backup.

Don't do this unless you are pretty sure this is the problem. It does seems to work though.

Go into the save file and search for the id of the character "Id":"e94c8ef3-7172-4b92-bcda-c487f6998329" then change "Exists":false to "Exists":true

Then save the changed file in notepad or whatever you are using and load it again in the game. She will now be back in her office and you can trigger the dialogue.

Don't forget to save in game and then open the save "Again"(because the one already in your notepad would be the old save), change it back to "Exists":false, save the notepad and load the save in game again.

Looks like this in my save, some values might be different in yours so don't just copy the whole thing:

{"Id":"e94c8ef3-7172-4b92-bcda-c487f6998329","Ambition":0.0,"Pride":295.0,"Controlled":true,"Exists":false,"Trained":false,"Interactions":[{"Id":"4313ad64-429a-44e5-92cb-73d5d6894493","Completed":1,"FailCount":0,"New":false,"TurnCompletedOn":1140},

I also use it sometimes to mess with ambition and pride if they are behind a particularly grindy wall.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamHaim

Tuxis

Nov 17, 2016
WOW. Big download = Big disappointment. MAC version is buggy as get out. Issues include the following:

1. Can't save...file name? Just save the game!?!
2. After getting the USB key from Maxwell...spent the next month on downtime. Nothing else is available in the office (cubicle) or at home (blank white screen when clicking the security cam?)
3. Can't minimize window without losing mouse functionality/Only works in fullscreen mode, not in a window.

Started the game 3 times and it still goes to the same point.
1 and 3 seem like a pain. I'm not sure if the house security does anything though? Maxwell hacks specific people and then you can go to them and open up the dialogue option to see the video feeds, it's usually the bottom-most option.

Also the office is pretty empty up until you get Debbie the secretary in there. I don't think the houses have much content until you reach the "Zenith Hill Estate" and then only if you get the wife which gets you the maid and the ability to "adopt" the CEO's daughter. (as far as I'm aware)

Last edited:

SilverFire

Apr 28, 2017
How to activate Debbie`s "A bold request from Debbie!" and "For your promotional consideration"? I have 3k power and i have no more available options anywhere on the map... Allison Clark inside Vixxxen is the only one with an exclamation mark... but with no dialogue options. I think i`ve encountered a bug or something. Also, how can i access Tinseltown and are there any other areas to explore? Currently i only have Katanga, Singapore, London, Dubai and Moscow. I think i saw that some other areas were existent after i talked with people in the Executive Dining Hall, but no areas opened up. Also, none of the unlocked options from the breakfast dialogues in the dining hall showed or opened up (ministry of interns in katanga, some girl in london, i don`t remember the others in dubai and singapore...) I uploaded a save, could someone please tell me what i did wrong and/or what to do next?

Tuxis

Nov 17, 2016
How to activate Debbie`s "A bold request from Debbie!" and "For your promotional consideration"? I have 3k power and i have no more available options anywhere on the map... Allison Clark inside Vixxxen is the only one with an exclamation mark... but with no dialogue options. I think i`ve encountered a bug or something. Also, how can i access Tinseltown and are there any other areas to explore? Currently i only have Katanga, Singapore, London, Dubai and Moscow. I think i saw that some other areas were existent after i talked with people in the Executive Dining Hall, but no areas opened up. Also, none of the unlocked options from the breakfast dialogues in the dining hall showed or opened up (ministry of interns in katanga, some girl in london, i don`t remember the others in dubai and singapore...) I uploaded a save, could someone please tell me what i did wrong and/or what to do next?

The inactive ones in this case should actually say 30-50 or MORE ambition. You just need to increase her ambition to activate the two. She is the first "Ambition":0.0,"Pride":0.0 in the savefile if you'd like to quickly alter the values back and forth.

Tinseltown is as far as I am aware, future update stuff? I've not seen any of that apart from what exists in Dubai, but if you find it's not I'd like to know.

Ekin_99

Nov 27, 2019
1 and 3 seem like a pain. I'm not sure if the house security does anything though? Maxwell hacks specific people and then you can go to them and open up the dialogue option to see the video feeds, it's usually the bottom-most option.

Also the office is pretty empty up until you get Debbie the secretary in there. I don't think the houses have much content until you reach the "Zenith Hill Estate" and then only if you get the wife which gets you the maid and the ability to "adopt" the CEO's daughter. (as far as I'm aware)
I don't think it's a game play issue...I literally get stuck in maxwell's shop, and the only thing I can do is "rest" I can't leave it, when I click on the '!' by the top right Globe thing, the globe disappears and then there's nothing left to click, go to or do.

Tuxis

Nov 17, 2016
In London, how do you "Bribe the chief whip"?
At some point you get there by progressing in the area, I don't remember the details.

If you are stuck though and it seems there is nothing left in London it might be that you need to talk to Vijaya Gurnani at Lotus Investments. I talked to her early and the notice of something new being available does not show up again when it is time to talk to her again.

Be careful, if it is not time yet and you have already talked to her you get stuck on a blank dialogue box, so save first.

DragonSlapper

Sep 13, 2019
At some point you get there by progressing in the area, I don't remember the details.

If you are stuck though and it seems there is nothing left in London it might be that you need to talk to Vijaya Gurnani at Lotus Investments. I talked to her early and the notice of something new being available does not show up again when it is time to talk to her again.

Be careful, if it is not time yet and you have already talked to her you get stuck on a blank dialogue box, so save first.
Is Lotus Investments a building in London? I don't think I've ever seen it.

The thing I'm stuck on is that in London there's a Parliament Building where Sabrina Pool (who I should have captured to please the dwarf) and Chief Whip Lloyd Bull (who a tooltip says I need to bribe to pass one of the policies) are both present but have absolutely no dialog options.

Also at the Parliament Building is Minister Phoebe Morton who has but one dialog option ("SOCIALIZE: a word with the minister") which...never works. (Ms Morton calls your concerns "that ridiculous visa thing" and says there's no point in further discussion.)

(I also have no idea where the disobedient Princess of Dubai is - IIRC after two prior appearances she was next supposed to appear in London at Trafalgar Square but never showed up.)

Last edited:

DragonSlapper

Sep 13, 2019
I don't think it's a game play issue...I literally get stuck in maxwell's shop, and the only thing I can do is "rest" I can't leave it, when I click on the '!' by the top right Globe thing, the globe disappears and then there's nothing left to click, go to or do.
That's a permissions issue on the Mac. If you name your unpacked program "CompanyMan" and open a Terminal window in the parent directory of that program and run this command, it should all be better:

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine CompanyMan.app/

Having done that
(1) "Save" and "Load" will work.
(2) It won't get stuck in Max's shop
(3) If it ever DOES get stuck - there are still ways to do that*- you should be able to quit the game and reload the saved file called "Autosave" which jumps you back to the world map under the most recent game state prior to your latest action.

Then you should be able to play the game on Mac - quite a lot of it - though there are still bugs.

Oh, one other thing. You absolutely MUST switch to "Full screen mode" once it launches, because Full Screen Mode on modern MacOS has a feature where it slows down everything else to focus on giving your fullscreen app as many cycles as it can, which this game desperately needs. If you try to play WITHOUT going to full screen you'll find you can basically play the game EXCEPT most video clips wait 15 seconds or more to load instead of showing up immediately which makes the game no fun.

* one example of a way you can get stuck much later in the game despite valid permissions: Fly to London, go to Harrods and buy ALL the things you can buy there but then select the "I'm looking for a business gift" option one more time after that. Since you've already bought all the things, you are shown an empty pick list which can't be dismissed - the program logic won't let you dismiss that grey box without picking an item but there are no items available to pick so all you can do is quit the game, restart and load from Autosave.

Reactions: Taubengruß
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes