AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Waiting monthly newsletter
My B. I was totally forgetting about it.

Hello everyone. It's time for another Monthly Newsletter. Also available in , , and .

The update is getting closer. All Elly events are complete and the only events left are three (or maybe two, I'm not sure) Alice scenes and a sex scene with Nicole in the school. I'm always finding new things to do or ways to extend the events or ways to make things cuter/sweeter/better/more interesting and most of these events has two or more variants/endings depending on previous choices so things end taking more time than what I initially estimate.

Since I switched PCs, and usually find a new mod/tool/thing to explore and learn how to use. Some of them are things that I always hoped for but most of those things I found them completely by accident, so I spent a few hours playing with them to see how effective and/or practical can be in the long run. A lot of characters and rooms have been modified thanks to this and there is a lot more that I could do but I prefer to ignore for now so I can focus in the game. Not sure if people could tell but this picture is using different lights/effects than any other CG that happens in the late afternoon/early night, and that's thanks to the new tools I have now.

alice_a137.png

That’s all for now. Thanks for reading.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
just started playing 2-3 days ago, and man. every time i lunch with nate and it says MC learned something it make me think 'then why isn't some or one of the squash stats going up?' lol!

btw will there be an age choice for MC and cast around him at some point? like i get that they can't officially be under 18 due to SJWs spoiling the fun of fictional characters telling a story. but man, 20 year olds still going to what very much seems like high-school throws me for a loop. and i would thinking giving player choice for age of MC (that affects cast too) could solve that much like the 'land lady' and 'roommate' bit.

another small... well mid sized request, can we get an early choice for telling lucile, and maybe daiana later on, about how their self depreciation is or could be a turn off for MC? i definitely feel there could be a romantic-dom MC with lucile that tells her to excite him in other ways than demeaning her self all the time!

good job on the game so far though! loving the player choices when it comes to how you want to connect to them. and what form the relationship takes in the process. that variety makes this game very interesting and bumps up replay ability. though maybe some cheats for squash stats nearly eliminate grinding entirely. *shrug*

Last edited:
Reactions: Violet_Rain

coffinbag

Oct 21, 2018
I am unable to get the shovel from scruffy, for three whole weeks i have been talking to him in the morning and afternoon and nothing. Can't progress Nicole or squash as I do not have enough to purchase the chocolates or the shovel from the market nor afford the entrance fee, and because I do not have a shovel i cannot work for Jenkins.

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
just started playing 2-3 days ago, and man. every time i lunch with nate and it says MC learned something it make me think 'then why isn't some or one of the squash stats going up?' lol!

btw will there be an age choice for MC and cast around him at some point? like i get that they can't officially be under 18 due to SJWs spoiling the fun of fictional characters telling a story. but man, 20 year olds still going to what very much seems like high-school throws me for a loop. and i would thinking giving player choice for age of MC (that affects cast too) could solve that much like the 'land lady' and 'roommate' bit.

another small... well mid sized request, can we get an early choice for telling lucile, and maybe daiana later on, about how their self depreciation is or could be a turn off for MC? i definitely feel there could be a romantic-dom MC with lucile that tells her to excite him in other ways than demeaning her self all the time!

good job on the game so far though! loving the player choices when it comes to how you want to connect to them. and what form the relationship takes in the process. that variety makes this game very interesting and bumps up replay ability. though maybe some cheats for squash stats nearly eliminate grinding entirely. *shrug*
It increased a Squash stat at the beginning but then I removed it. I don't remember why I did that honestly.

They trully are +20 and they still are in what they call highschool. That's how the educational system works there. There isn't something like one school system for everyone. Forget about how school/college works where you live, it's probably different than mine, and both are different than, let's say, New Zealand.

What is already done will remain the same, but for futures sex scenes with Lucile (not with Daiana, but she won't be like Lucile so no worries there) I was hoping to do two variants of each sex scene, one "hardcore" with rough sex and self-depreciation, and one "normal" without any of that.

Thanks! I feel like the player will have nothing to do in between events with the girls if I give him the option to skip the squash grinding. Probably in the future when the game has more girls so the wait in between events will be smaller.

I am unable to get the shovel from scruffy, for three whole weeks i have been talking to him in the morning and afternoon and nothing. Can't progress Nicole or squash as I do not have enough to purchase the chocolates or the shovel from the market nor afford the entrance fee, and because I do not have a shovel i cannot work for Jenkins.
You have to talk to him at morning, then go to class, and then he'll give it to you when classes are over. Give me your save file if you still can't get the shovel.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
It increased a Squash stat at the beginning but then I removed it. I don't remember why I did that honestly.

They trully are +20 and they still are in what they call highschool. That's how the educational system works there. There isn't something like one school system for everyone. Forget about how school/college works where you live, it's probably different than mine, and both are different than, let's say, New Zealand.

What is already done will remain the same, but for futures sex scenes with Lucile (not with Daiana, but she won't be like Lucile so no worries there) I was hoping to do two variants of each sex scene, one "hardcore" with rough sex and self-depreciation, and one "normal" without any of that.

Thanks! I feel like the player will have nothing to do in between events with the girls if I give him the option to skip the squash grinding. Probably in the future when the game has more girls so the wait in between events will be smaller.
lol oops, might wanna wither add it back or remove/change that bit of text.

wouldn't adding a player input age make it more versatile? to better cater to how education might work elsewhere?

fair enough about lucile. just thought some added flavor text and game variable couldn't hurt. i mean it shouldn't be too hard to reuse same images from 'hardcore' with some more... lets say vanilla dirty talk.

random thing i just thought up, wouldn't making dianna having had bad dates and being worried about her standards being too high be more realistic than being stood up 10 times? not trying to complain, just spitballing this one as an idea. i mean her encountering a number of douchebags or complete weirdos with tastes that definately don't match hers sounds more plausible no? it might fit a little better seeing as she's an early age career woman. standards someone sets for themselves usually raises the bar they might set for their partner.

one problem, the off game guide suggests using squash to earn cash over the neighbor. (probably for the reason of his daughter or grand-daughter being very 'greatful' and/or him being a former member of CS.) so lets say the player focused on girls events but some events require cash. now the player HAS to grind (or earn from his neighbor) thus eliminating the choice not to or it being very minimal. especially if the player foolishly choose low tier character. (like i did)

that said, i do have an idea you could use. how about repeated scenes with girl have or use a choice to give some of the previously mentioned favorably stats? and i'm not talking a lot here or anything, just enough like say 0.5 or so. enough to encourage players to use their free time on them to help cover any mistakes they might've made previously, and add in a squash stat cheat. to eliminate it's grind if the player chooses to use it.

the only reason i push this one is because the early game money issue. as a low teir i had to grind for a number of days just to win the local weekly... mostly my own fault i assume. however i figured the popularity bonus would pay off later. and once i was starting to regret it i couldn't figure out how to change to a high tier. >_> so i was forced to grind for 2+ in-game weeks doing nothing but squash training. that's a pretty major grind ya know... :HideThePain:

but hey, just know that i don't expect any of my random ideas to be used or implemented next update. (which i assume is going to be massive) so please don't take this as me demanding 'change now' or anything. in fact i'm more concerned about you taking on too much with this game as is despite my constructive criticism. i can easily picture how it might take this game 10 years to be finished with all the player choice branches fleshed out. that by itself concerns me as much as makes me appreciate how much time was sunk into this game. :):HideThePain:

Reactions: Nocturnal85

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
lol oops, might wanna wither add it back or remove/change that bit of text.

wouldn't adding a player input age make it more versatile? to better cater to how education might work elsewhere?

fair enough about lucile. just thought some added flavor text and game variable couldn't hurt. i mean it shouldn't be too hard to reuse same images from 'hardcore' with some more... lets say vanilla dirty talk.

random thing i just thought up, wouldn't making dianna having had bad dates and being worried about her standards being too high be more realistic than being stood up 10 times? not trying to complain, just spitballing this one as an idea. i mean her encountering a number of douchebags or complete weirdos with tastes that definately don't match hers sounds more plausible no? it might fit a little better seeing as she's an early age career woman. standards someone sets for themselves usually raises the bar they might set for their partner.

one problem, the off game guide suggests using squash to earn cash over the neighbor. (probably for the reason of his daughter or grand-daughter being very 'greatful' and/or him being a former member of CS.) so lets say the player focused on girls events but some events require cash. now the player HAS to grind (or earn from his neighbor) thus eliminating the choice not to or it being very minimal. especially if the player foolishly choose low tier character. (like i did)

that said, i do have an idea you could use. how about repeated scenes with girl have or use a choice to give some of the previously mentioned favorably stats? and i'm not talking a lot here or anything, just enough like say 0.5 or so. enough to encourage players to use their free time on them to help cover any mistakes they might've made previously, and add in a squash stat cheat. to eliminate it's grind if the player chooses to use it.

the only reason i push this one is because the early game money issue. as a low teir i had to grind for a number of days just to win the local weekly... mostly my own fault i assume. however i figured the popularity bonus would pay off later. and once i was starting to regret it i couldn't figure out how to change to a high tier. >_> so i was forced to grind for 2+ in-game weeks doing nothing but squash training. that's a pretty major grind ya know... :HideThePain:

but hey, just know that i don't expect any of my random ideas to be used or implemented next update. (which i assume is going to be massive) so please don't take this as me demanding 'change now' or anything. in fact i'm more concerned about you taking on too much with this game as is despite my constructive criticism. i can easily picture how it might take this game 10 years to be finished with all the player choice branches fleshed out. that by itself concerns me as much as makes me appreciate how much time was sunk into this game. :):HideThePain:
Not really, I think that it's just easier to do it this way. I need things like MC being two years older than Elly and other age differences because they are/will be used in the story, so if I do something like that then it would be just changing MC's age and the rest would change according to MC which kinda kills the point, and one of the future girls will be 18yo which is the minimum for obvious reasons so unless the player decides to make the MC even older, which I highly doubt, then this girl would be under age and that's no good.

I want to stablish that Lucile likes that kind of things and then let people decide what to do with her. I may add a switch to change that and other preferences (such as anal, lesbian, etc) in the future but not for now.

No, Daiana's bad luck is part of her story. It may look unrealistic now but it'll make sense in the future.

I really don't see how an event with, let's say, Nicole could increase Squash stats. If the problem is money I could add a money cheat somewhere, but the idea of Jenkins is also taking money from him when necessary and working for free just when they need something to kill time. Most of the things needed during the game aren't expensive (that means nothing from the game store), in fact I've been told that money is pretty much useless so far. The popularity bonus will be a thing in the future. Squash main role for now is killing time when the WT hint for 3 girls says "Advance X character story first" and X character's hint says "Wait one week". Nobody mentioned so far that winning the weeklys could be hard with a low tier so you're a first for me. I could re-work a lot about the Squash system, but at the end of the day nobody cares about that if it means spending less time working with the girls, in fact the first update with Squash content wasn't well received.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Not really, I think that it's just easier to do it this way. I need things like MC being two years older than Elly and other age differences because they are/will be used in the story, so if I do something like that then it would be just changing MC's age and the rest would change according to MC which kinda kills the point, and one of the future girls will be 18yo which is the minimum for obvious reasons so unless the player decides to make the MC even older, which I highly doubt, then this girl would be under age and that's no good.
how would it be no good? i mean so long as the default ages fallow patreon rules there shouldn't be any issues there. if you're talking morally, then they're fictional characters! so long as it's not being encouraged with real people all's fair in the form of art. (and love and war! lol )

I really don't see how an event with, let's say, Nicole could increase Squash stats. If the problem is money I could add a money cheat somewhere, but the idea of Jenkins is also taking money from him when necessary and working for free just when they need something to kill time. Most of the things needed during the game aren't expensive (that means nothing from the game store), in fact I've been told that money is pretty much useless so far. The popularity bonus will be a thing in the future. Squash main role for now is killing time when the WT hint for 3 girls says "Advance X character story first" and X character's hint says "Wait one week". Nobody mentioned so far that winning the weeklys could be hard with a low tier so you're a first for me. I could re-work a lot about the Squash system, but at the end of the day nobody cares about that if it means spending less time working with the girls, in fact the first update with Squash content wasn't well received.
hmm, maybe i wasn't clear. i didn't mean it should affect the squash stats, but rather a low earn for their romance stat or a similar one. thus replacing squash as a time passer in a way. *shrug* idk just spit balling to make repeatable scenes with the girls more desirable than they currently are.

fair enough on the other stuff.

Last edited:

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
how would it be no good? i mean so long as the default ages fallow patreon rules there shouldn't be any issues there. if you're talking morally, then they're fictional characters! so long as it's not being encouraged with real people all's fair in the form of art. (and love and war! lol )

hmm, maybe i wasn't clear. i didn't mean it should affect the squash stats, but rather a low earn for their romance stat or a similar one. thus replacing squash as a time passer in a way. *shrug* idk just spit balling to make repeatable scenes with the girls more desirable than they currently are.

fair enough on the other stuff.
That one would be the problem. If I let the player set the ages then this girl I mentioned would be under 18yo unless the player choose to make the MC older, which I doubt. I care about the ages because that's what I originally thought for the story but I don't mind the age as a consenting limit. I would probably do a loli character if it wasn't for Patreon. I know everything is ficitional, but tell that to them.

I don't get it. You say that spending time with Nicole could add 0.5 of an hability like Solo Training? Or that your relationship points with Nicole could replace the number in Solo Training?

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
That one would be the problem. If I let the player set the ages then this girl I mentioned would be under 18yo unless the player choose to make the MC older, which I doubt. I care about the ages because that's what I originally thought for the story but I don't mind the age as a consenting limit. I would probably do a loli character if it wasn't for Patreon. I know everything is ficitional, but tell that to them.

I don't get it. You say that spending time with Nicole could add 0.5 of an hability like Solo Training? Or that your relationship points with Nicole could replace the number in Solo Training?
Seems like a lot of work to cater to a few. It's your game, Dev.
As for a loli character, you sort of already made one - when you shrunk the boobs on the blonde. Turns out, it was only temporary. :)

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
ah, so it'd interfere with the writing. i guess that makes sense? :unsure:

lol not quite, i was thinking it could replace squash training as time passing mechanic. not replace a method too get the stats themselves. but with the inclusion of a cheat squash or money gain it could ease the burden on player grind itself possibly? so the 0.5 RP mentioned would only be incentive for covering one's ass if any 'mistakes' were made with that girl. or by some player logic, they like spending time with the girl(s) even if non-sexual as a 'better' time passer while waiting to clear events. thus with a (optional) money or squash stat cheat, it'd give an alternative (possibly less grindy) thing for players to do.

sorry if my logic is wonky as fuck and hard to fallow. and it was just a random idea. *shrug*

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
As for a loli character, you sort of already made one - when you shrunk the boobs on the blonde. Turns out, it was only temporary. :)
What?

ah, so it'd interfere with the writing. i guess that makes sense? :unsure:

lol not quite, i was thinking it could replace squash training as time passing mechanic. not replace a method too get the stats themselves. but with the inclusion of a cheat squash or money gain it could ease the burden on player grind itself possibly? so the 0.5 RP mentioned would only be incentive for covering one's ass if any 'mistakes' were made with that girl. or by some player logic, they like spending time with the girl(s) even if non-sexual as a 'better' time passer while waiting to clear events. thus with a (optional) money or squash stat cheat, it'd give an alternative (possibly less grindy) thing for players to do.

sorry if my logic is wonky as fuck and hard to fallow. and it was just a random idea. *shrug*
Sorry but I can't follow you. It's better to kill time doing things with the girls instead of grinding Squash stats, even if it isn't sexual. I agree on that, in fact this update has like 4 of those replayable events and I plan to do many more. What I don't get is how the girls would interact with the Squash stats and why a money cheat wouldn't solve the problem of not having enough money for the events if the player choose the low tier and has problems winning weeklies.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
clowns234 said:
What?
There was a scene at the pool where one of the roommates took the blonde's boobs and transferred them to herself, leaving the blonde very unhappy and very flat-chested for the scene.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Sorry but I can't follow you. It's better to kill time doing things with the girls instead of grinding Squash stats, even if it isn't sexual. I agree on that, in fact this update has like 4 of those replayable events and I plan to do many more. What I don't get is how the girls would interact with the Squash stats and why a money cheat wouldn't solve the problem of not having enough money for the events if the player choose the low tier and has problems winning weeklies.
i don't think i said that the girls would interact with squash stats. and i'm fairly certain in my last post that i acknowledged money or stat cheat as viable. :unsure:

so i think you got the gist of all i was saying in the first half of this quoted message.:)

swordicek

Jun 20, 2021
any idea how fix that? windows version...
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'cA' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "events_Znew.rpyc", line 3568, in script
  File "C:\Users\sword\Downloads\ComplexSociety-0.20.1b-pc\ComplexSociety-0.20.1b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "C:\Users\sword\Downloads\ComplexSociety-0.20.1b-pc\ComplexSociety-0.20.1b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Complex Society 0.20.1b
Tue Jun 22 19:18:20 2021

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
any idea how fix that? windows version...
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "events_Znew.rpyc", line 3568, in script
  File "C:\Users\sword\Downloads\ComplexSociety-0.20.1b-pc\ComplexSociety-0.20.1b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "C:\Users\sword\Downloads\ComplexSociety-0.20.1b-pc\ComplexSociety-0.20.1b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Complex Society 0.20.1b
Tue Jun 22 19:18:20 2021
Just click on Continue or Ignore

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes