ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
Regarding Alex, I have never seen her only as an avatar of trans pain, we have some nice bits about her "everyday" life, not all of her scenes are about drama and disgrace. She goes to the gym, she likes hanging out with the family members that she has a good relationship, she's in short just a regular person trying to life peacefully. In any case, the situation will gradually improve, as if I recall correctly AVNSax said that the situation would improve in the second half of the game. So I expect that we'll see her in more "everyday" situations and interactions, and less dramatic/extreme situations that give us a better idea of what she's like outside of all the drama.
What are Alex's hobbies? She doesn't work out as a hobby. The entire reason she's working out is because of body image issues related to being trans, and a hope that if she meets that standard, others will see her as a woman for it. She also doesn't get into the self defense classes for a love of martial arts or desire to be able to fight... its so that she can physically defend herself if necesary. The time she spends with Zoe is all about this improvement and her trans experience. The time she spends with Chris is almost all about Chris making her feel better, consoling her, etc. The time she spends with Sam is actually just the one scene, which she approaches her to talk about the Ellie situation. It wasn't like Alex was sitting there watching Arcane, and Sam came in and they started talking. Alex sought Sam out, and ended up staying, then it fades to black.

Being in the queer community yourself I'm sure you can relate to the issue of media often focusing on our struggles and our pain most of all. We don't get the romcom, we don't get the action hero. We don't get to be ourselves. we get to struggle.

That's not to say that it's wrong to tell a story about the struggles we face, especailly if it can help to increase empathy in people who otherwise have no concept of what we go through, as many in this thread have exposed. However, they also need to see us in that struggle, as real people. I'm not just a trans person, I'm also a writer, and a gamer, and a bit of a weeb, and a huge fucking vampire nerd. I've had way more conversations this week about vampires than I have about being trans. I've had way more conversations this week about anime than I have about being trans. Hell, two of the 5 conversations about being trans I've had, were actually about how fucking cool the Yakuza franchise is about trans folk, and one of them has been this one about this adult game.

So when I say we only get to see Alex as an avatar of trans pain, it's because we haven't been able to see Alex as Alex.

I really wish we had been able to see some of those scenes in the montage instead of having them just been a montage. Alex actually getting really into the self defense class would have been a way to change that into something no longer just about her pain, especially if she got to be seen having fun with members of the class. It could have then led to maybe an opportunity for her and Sam to bond better later, as she gets Sam into it, or Sam had already been into it, or something.

We could have her really excited to go to the library, or a game store, or about some film coming out, but we haven't had any of that yet. And if this is a halfway point, then I'm actually more worried about it than I was, because if it was only the first quarter or third, it would be a bit worrisome, but there's a whole second act where that could be addressed, right? So yeah... I want to see Alex get to be Alex, without it having to be entirely related to the fact that Alex is victimized over being trans.

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
So much drama in this thread lol. My brother-in-law is trans with a family and kids and a lot of this rings true from what he's told me of his childhood. I think this is a good game no need to quibble about the content if it's not for you just don't play it. Also give the dev a break lol lot of people seeming to want to tell them how to write their story. It's theirs bros if you wanna change something go make your own ;)
I am writing my own stories. But in my experience, writers doing work in progress appreciate feedback and criticism. They haven't asked for a white knight, don't be one.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss
Dec 7, 2020
What are Alex's hobbies? She doesn't work out as a hobby. The entire reason she's working out is because of body image issues related to being trans, and a hope that if she meets that standard, others will see her as a woman for it. She also doesn't get into the self defense classes for a love of martial arts or desire to be able to fight... its so that she can physically defend herself if necesary. The time she spends with Zoe is all about this improvement and her trans experience. The time she spends with Chris is almost all about Chris making her feel better, consoling her, etc. The time she spends with Sam is actually just the one scene, which she approaches her to talk about the Ellie situation. It wasn't like Alex was sitting there watching Arcane, and Sam came in and they started talking. Alex sought Sam out, and ended up staying, then it fades to black.

Being in the queer community yourself I'm sure you can relate to the issue of media often focusing on our struggles and our pain most of all. We don't get the romcom, we don't get the action hero. We don't get to be ourselves. we get to struggle.

That's not to say that it's wrong to tell a story about the struggles we face, especailly if it can help to increase empathy in people who otherwise have no concept of what we go through, as many in this thread have exposed. However, they also need to see us in that struggle, as real people. I'm not just a trans person, I'm also a writer, and a gamer, and a bit of a weeb, and a huge fucking vampire nerd. I've had way more conversations this week about vampires than I have about being trans. I've had way more conversations this week about anime than I have about being trans. Hell, two of the 5 conversations about being trans I've had, were actually about how fucking cool the Yakuza franchise is about trans folk, and one of them has been this one about this adult game.

So when I say we only get to see Alex as an avatar of trans pain, it's because we haven't been able to see Alex as Alex.

I really wish we had been able to see some of those scenes in the montage instead of having them just been a montage. Alex actually getting really into the self defense class would have been a way to change that into something no longer just about her pain, especially if she got to be seen having fun with members of the class. It could have then led to maybe an opportunity for her and Sam to bond better later, as she gets Sam into it, or Sam had already been into it, or something.

We could have her really excited to go to the library, or a game store, or about some film coming out, but we haven't had any of that yet. And if this is a halfway point, then I'm actually more worried about it than I was, because if it was only the first quarter or third, it would be a bit worrisome, but there's a whole second act where that could be addressed, right? So yeah... I want to see Alex get to be Alex, without it having to be entirely related to the fact that Alex is victimized over being trans.
Yeah, queer people typically tend to have a specific "niche" in stories (for example there was this thing with lesbians tending to die in old media stuff lol), but nowadays I think we're getting more cool stuff, like She-Ra, which is a series I love.

And yes, you're right that things like going to the gym had a context motivated by "issues". I think I'll reread the story, since it's been a lot of time since I checked the first chapters (I rechecked some Ellie scenes some days ago, but not the whole story), and a lot of details are foggy to me right now.

In any case, there were 10 chapters planned if I recall correctly, and back when the game was new, AVNSnax commented that things will get better, I'm sure that we'll eventually get more light-hearted stuff like Alex, Chris and Sam hanging out just to have a good time.

In any case, overall for me it's a lovely game, and that's what matters the most.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
[...]
I will agree that it would be nice to see a lot more moments of Alex just being herself, either alone or with some friends.:)

ps:
Did the developer Avnsnax mentioned the game already being in the middle or are you assuming that because of the 0.5 numeration? :unsure:

edit:
Nevermind, saw Mistress Elizabeth post above after i posted mine.

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
ps:
Did the developer Avnsnax mentioned the game already being in the middle or are you assuming that because of the 0.5 numeration? :unsure:
In any case, there were 10 chapters planned if I recall correctly, and back when the game was new, AVNSax commented that things will get better, I'm sure that we'll eventually get more light-hearted stuff like Alex, Chris and Sam hanging out just to have a good time.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The thing is, the time spent playing this game came with many shocks.
There are times where stories introduce protagonists with hobbies and their happy time.
this game came in with all the drama right off the bat,
but as a human being, irrelevant of whatever MC has in the pants,
the fact of growing boobs being directly introduced as a real and only measure of why and when
Alex got actual interactions with the sib who literally acts like a maid to the protagonist,
a maid who does sexual favors, this is something nobody as a human being is expecting as a
direct consequence of turning trans - yet this game makes it a plot device to show what happy sex life Alex has. But human beings in such a close and deep relationship, having the one girl who has known you for ever become actually and deffinitively your lover, disprooves all the hardship.
Why does Alex need to go on dates with anyone else?
Why does Alex need to go and entertain some new girl or any new guy in this game?
I am writing my own stories. But in my experience, writers doing work in progress appreciate feedback and criticism. They haven't asked for a white knight, don't be one.
Yeah, queer people typically tend to have a specific "niche" in stories (for example there was this thing with lesbians tending to die in old media stuff lol), but nowadays I think we're getting more cool stuff, like She-Ra, which is a series I love.

And yes, you're right that things like going to the gym had a context motivated by "issues". I think I'll reread the story, since it's been a lot of time since I checked the first chapters (I rechecked some Ellie scenes some days ago, but not the whole story), and a lot of details are foggy to me right now.

In any case, there were 10 chapters planned if I recall correctly, and back when the game was new, AVNSnax commented that things will get better, I'm sure that we'll eventually get more light-hearted stuff like Alex, Chris and Sam hanging out just to have a good time.

In any case, overall for me it's a lovely game, and that's what matters the most.
Why and who does Alex have to proove anything to?
Family is not anybody”s choice, we get born in a family.
Alex has a devout lover supporter everywhere she goes,
why go look for trouble for trouble”s sake?

Three updates of Alex and the lover would have all the necessary time to make the protagonist believable, not just another activist trying to proove what we know already:
Human beings whoring themselves around many assholes and actually cheating on their lover
are getting what they deserve, nobody likes cheaters, but MC goes all out looking to get
all sorts of new partners despite the most consumate and closest bond anyone could think of that has been introduced right from the very first moment.

Last edited:

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
Holy shit, even if english was your first language, there's a shit ton of out of left field responses tucked in there... I'm gonna try to respond, but frankly... I don't think you understood this story at all.

the fact of growing boobs being directly introduced as a real and only measure of why and when
Maybe it's just that english isn't your first language, but trans girls growing boobs isn't "introduced" by this game. The fact you felt the need to point it out makes it seem like maybe you think this is some sort of sci-fi or magical thing specific to this game, but no, hormone replacement therapy is real, most trans girls boobs are of the homegrown variety, and they only get top surgery if they just aren't happy with the growth and want more.

Alex got actual interactions with the sib who literally acts like a maid to the protagonist,
a maid who does sexual favors
Fucking what?

Yes, Chris cares deeply for Alex and has shown they'll do anything for her. But like a maid? You're bringing some odd baggage to this.

this is something nobody as a human being is expecting as a
direct consequence of turning trans - yet this game makes it a plot device to show what happy sex life Alex has.
None of this happens as a direct consequence of "turning trans". This girl has been physically presenting as a woman since she was 13 or 14 years old. She's been trans and had her twin sister with her every step of the way, not because she was trans, but because they were twins who cared for one another.

And in no way has the game showed Alex as having a happy sex life. In fact, she's had a deep and emotionally scarring shame about her sexuality since she was about 14 years old and her big sister treated her like a pervert for even existing.

Only now, only after several years of torture and pain is she even seemingly able to get an erection, and yeah, a series of serendipitous events lead to a single handjob from her twin, but that does not constitute a sex life, let alone "happiness".

But human beings in such a close and deep relationship, having the one girl who has known you for ever become actually and deffinitively your lover, disprooves all the hardship.
Again, I really hope this is because english isn't your first language... but no it fucking does not disprove the hardship. It also doesn't justify it, or negate it, or end it. A trans person finding some semblance of happiness in a relationship is not the end of their struggle. And it doesn't invalidate their pain.

What's more, and this one is something I can tell you'll have a hard time understanding, but the fact that she's having her first orgasm ever to her twin sister is fucking tragic. Her trauma is the reason this was her only path (at this point). It isn't gone, and this sexual experience isn't an example of Alex existing outside of that pain.

Why does Alex need to go and entertain some new girl or any new guy in this game?
Human beings whoring themselves around many assholes and actually cheating on their lover
are getting what they deserve, nobody likes cheaters, but MC goes all out looking to get
all sorts of new partners despite the most consumate and closest bond anyone could think of that has been introduced right from the very first moment.
You're again bringing baggage to this that doesn't exist. Chris, the one who you keep mentioning as her perfect partner, is the one who tried to set her up with someone else. Alex didn't actually want to put herself out there like that. The only othe person who isn't family who Chris has shown any interest in, Zoe, tried to assault her, so that's out, and again, this was while Chris was actively sending her away.

At this point in the game, there's literally only 4 other potential romantic partners at this point in the story, and they're all family... so it's not like Alex is going to be going out of their way looking for people to get with.

And also... because of your weird baggage you brought cheating up for some reason...

Not everyone practices or desires monogamy. So maybe, if Alex ends up with more than one partner, you shouldn't be calling it cheating, or whoring.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
To be fair... Canto is... very hard to understand... most of the time... but isn't wrong at times with their assessments.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I usually ignore your nonsense posts but this one takes the cake...:FacePalm:
The thing is, the time spent playing this game came with many shocks.
There are times where stories introduce protagonists with hobbies and their happy time.
this game came in with all the drama right off the bat,
but as a human being, irrelevant of whatever MC has in the pants,
a maid who does sexual favors, this is something nobody as a human being is expecting as a
direct consequence of turning trans - yet this game makes it a plot device to show what happy sex life Alex has. But human beings in such a close and deep relationship, having the one girl who has known you for ever become actually and deffinitively your lover, disprooves all the hardship.
WTH are you talking about? :oops:

Since when is Chris being Alex' maid? They are twins who love and support each other, specially with all the violence, both verbal and physical, Alex suffers either at the world or even at home, thanks to her bigoted older sister.

Also what happy sexual life? Alex has been a shut in when it came to anything sexual, thanks in big part to Ellie shaming her when she was younger. And only now did she finally had a happy sexual encounter with the person she trust most, her twin Chris.

Why and who does Alex have to proove anything to?
Family is not anybody”s choice, we get born in a family.
Alex has a devout lover supporter everywhere she goes,
why go look for trouble for trouble”s sake?
She is not trying to prove anything. As she said several times in the game she just wants to live her life and be treated like everyone else. But thanks to people like Kevin, his cop father and even her own sister Ellie she can't because they don't miss one opportunity to spew bigotry against her or even physical violence in Kevin's case.

Three updates of Alex and the lover would have all the necessary time to make the protagonist believable, not just another activist trying to proove what we know already:
Where did you saw Alex doing activism for trans rights in this game?
Where did you saw Alex looking for sexual partners in this games? She is so sexually repressed that she refused the strong advances Zoey made on her and she only dated Brad because Chris setup the whole thing.

Last edited:

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
I was really interested to see where this would go, but the more I play the less I actually want to. Every single character is some level of arsehole and it feels more like a showcase of trans trauma than an interesting story.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
I was really interested to see where this would go, but the more I play the less I actually want to. Every single character is some level of arsehole and it feels more like a showcase of trans trauma than an interesting story.
I get where you're coming from. When a story is really dark some levity is needed. So far the game has been like Berserk before Guts got his companions.

taru

Apr 23, 2018
is there not supposed tpo be dialog from the dad when the moms in the bath and he calls her?

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
Generally speaking, I mostly agree with ChildofIshtar 's posts: as of right now the game is mostly misery porn and too hammered in to be really good.

Frankly, I think Brad is a missed opportunity. Should have been an otherwise decent guy, if a little handsy, and we should have seen him and Alex having nice time together even outside the dates.
So when he freaks out discovering Alex is trans, Alex's feelings of rejection would resonate better with the players.
Especially because Alex is portrayed as not really being into him: she explicitly states she's going out with him because otherwise she'd never date. There is really nothing suggesting she was honestly attempting to date, the whole date was framed for the players as for her benefit exclusively. Which is an EXTREMELY bitch move.

Brad going immediately along with the revenge plan because he wants Alex to suffer is also ridiculous: the only hope I have is he realizes he was quite out of line once he recover from the alcohol.

Related: there are currently the grand total of ZERO non-negative recurring male characters in this story.
And the negative male characters are all extreme assholes.
Which fuels the "suffering in the void" effect.

When the best male character is the barman getting railed in a bathroom stall by Chris's love interest, you know you have messed up the setting.

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
Should have been an otherwise decent guy,
This was not my meaning, assuming you're still attempting to echo my sentiments here. In my opinion, just as we see Brad oggling Alex any chance he gets in the first date, he should be throwing up similar red flags when he thinks Alex, Chris, or Zoe can't see him looking at them, or better yet, by checking out women other than them. The audience should know who Brad really is, because they're seeing voyeuristic and inappropriate behavior that the characters in the story miss. However, as I said, the characters in the story are missing it. Alex is naive and inexperienced with it, and Chris is either so hopeful that Alex will finally get a chance to feel normal that she overlooks things, or is missing it because Brad is being successful in not getting caught being as much of a creep as he is.

Which is an EXTREMELY bitch move.
No... casual dating is not in any way a "bitch" move, let alone all caps extremely bitchy. Her reasons for not being excited about this date are incredibly complicated, to the point where she's not even sure if she's interested in him or not. She's dealing with massive amounts of trauma, and up until this point, hasn't been sure that she isn't just asexual and aromantic. This is her first chance to really find out. And then the guy fucking blows it, ruining both her first date by being way too forward, and her second, by making accusations that, frankly, are really similar to the one you're making here.

Brad going immediately along with the revenge plan because he wants Alex to suffer is also ridiculous: the only hope I have is he realizes he was quite out of line once he recover from the alcohol.
I swear, y'all really are ignorant to just how bad things are, aren't you?

You see, the frequency with which trans people experience violence and even possibly death at the hands of men who feel like their masculinity has been challenged by our mere existence is high enough, that most trans people know at least one person who has been severely harmed, or murdered, because they are trans. And it's only been getting worse as the political climate continues to radicalize men just like Brad into killing us just because. For now, most of the deaths are by someone who was romantically involved or a family member. Often, reports will show that the perpetrator was doing this because they didn't want to be perceived as gay.

So no, Brad going along with this isn't ridiculous. It's sadly all too believable.

Related: there are currently the grand total of ZERO non-negative recurring male characters in this story.
And the negative male characters are all extreme assholes.
Which fuels the "suffering in the void" effect.

When the best male character is the barman getting railed in a bathroom stall by Chris's love interest, you know you have messed up the setting
How many positive recurring male characters are in your avereage AVN?

Not counting their main characters, many of whom wouldn't qualify anyway.

Milfy City? 0

Summertime Saga? 1? Maybe.

Harem Hotel? 1, and it's the bartender who doesn't really talk.

Dating my Daughter? 0

Man of the House? 0

Acting Lessons? 1, and he's nearly killed for it.

Sisterly Lust? 0

The DeLuca Family? Last I played, 0.

Mythic Manor? 0

Depraved Awakening? 0

Dreams of Desire? It's been a while, does your best friend know you brainwashed his mom into fucking him, or is he innocent?

Long Live the Princess? I think your Uncle might actually be a good guy.

Babysitter? 0

Waifu Academy? 0

Mist? 0 (in fact, in this game, men are explicitly the enemy)

Once in a Lifetiime? 0

The Headmaaster? 0

Timestamps? Do we count your nerdy friend as a positive recurring character? He's kinda scummy...

Lust Theory? I only finished the first chapter, and there's only the MC for dudes in that.

Desert Stalker? So far the eastern european guy seems fine. That's all I got.

This is a pretty extensive list, and now to get to the point and discuss why... it's because all of the protagonists in these games are into women. And if there was a decent guy around, there'd be an option other than the main character. Especially when incest is involved, because that would mean that there's an option that doesn't involve breaking a major taboo.

It's pretty clear Alex is into women, and that of the 3 women available, only one seems to explicitly be a lesbian. The other two just haven't had much luck with guys. And they're all related to Alex.

Dec 7, 2020
This was not my meaning, assuming you're still attempting to echo my sentiments here. In my opinion, just as we see Brad oggling Alex any chance he gets in the first date, he should be throwing up similar red flags when he thinks Alex, Chris, or Zoe can't see him looking at them, or better yet, by checking out women other than them. The audience should know who Brad really is, because they're seeing voyeuristic and inappropriate behavior that the characters in the story miss. However, as I said, the characters in the story are missing it. Alex is naive and inexperienced with it, and Chris is either so hopeful that Alex will finally get a chance to feel normal that she overlooks things, or is missing it because Brad is being successful in not getting caught being as much of a creep as he is.

No... casual dating is not in any way a "bitch" move, let alone all caps extremely bitchy. Her reasons for not being excited about this date are incredibly complicated, to the point where she's not even sure if she's interested in him or not. She's dealing with massive amounts of trauma, and up until this point, hasn't been sure that she isn't just asexual and aromantic. This is her first chance to really find out. And then the guy fucking blows it, ruining both her first date by being way too forward, and her second, by making accusations that, frankly, are really similar to the one you're making here.

You see, the frequency with which trans people experience violence and even possibly death at the hands of men who feel like their masculinity has been challenged by our mere existence is high enough, that most trans people know at least one person who has been severely harmed, or murdered, because they are trans. And it's only been getting worse as the political climate continues to radicalize men just like Brad into killing us just because. For now, most of the deaths are by someone who was romantically involved or a family member. Often, reports will show that the perpetrator was doing this because they didn't want to be perceived as gay.

So no, Brad going along with this isn't ridiculous. It's sadly all too believable.

Not counting their main characters, many of whom wouldn't qualify anyway.

Milfy City? 0

Summertime Saga? 1? Maybe.

Harem Hotel? 1, and it's the bartender who doesn't really talk.

Dating my Daughter? 0

Man of the House? 0

Acting Lessons? 1, and he's nearly killed for it.

Sisterly Lust? 0

The DeLuca Family? Last I played, 0.

Mythic Manor? 0

Depraved Awakening? 0

Dreams of Desire? It's been a while, does your best friend know you brainwashed his mom into fucking him, or is he innocent?

Long Live the Princess? I think your Uncle might actually be a good guy.

Babysitter? 0

Waifu Academy? 0

Mist? 0 (in fact, in this game, men are explicitly the enemy)

Once in a Lifetiime? 0

The Headmaaster? 0

Timestamps? Do we count your nerdy friend as a positive recurring character? He's kinda scummy...

Lust Theory? I only finished the first chapter, and there's only the MC for dudes in that.

Desert Stalker? So far the eastern european guy seems fine. That's all I got.

This is a pretty extensive list, and now to get to the point and discuss why... it's because all of the protagonists in these games are into women. And if there was a decent guy around, there'd be an option other than the main character. Especially when incest is involved, because that would mean that there's an option that doesn't involve breaking a major taboo.

It's pretty clear Alex is into women, and that of the 3 women available, only one seems to explicitly be a lesbian. The other two just haven't had much luck with guys. And they're all related to Alex.
Regarding cool male characters, I always recommend Exiles. I tend to avoid male main character games, but I'm completely fine with the main guy here, he's funny, cares about his friends and is definitively an open-minded guy. And the male supporting cast is also cool.

Last edited:

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
This was not my meaning, assuming you're still attempting to echo my sentiments here.
No, it was my personal opinion.
I should have marked it explicitly, my bad.

No... casual dating is not in any way a "bitch" move
Casual dating still implies honest interest in the other part.
And, in my opinion, of course, the game fails to portray adequately Alex's interest toward Brad in the scope of dating.
The dates with Brad are portrayed to be a tool for Alex to feel better, not to honest explore a relationship.

And dating somebody not for your interest in them but only for yourself is a bitch move.

Reality is irrelevant to storytelling.

I fail to see how it being a common problem makes it LESS of a problem.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Regarding cool male characters, I always recommend Exiles. I tend to avoid male main character games, but I'm completely fine with the main guy here, he's funny, cares about his friends and is definitively an open-minded guy. And the male supporting cast is also cool.
True. Shame it is more of a exception rather than a rule since on top of my head i really can't remember many games with good supporting male characters.

Reality is irrelevant to storytelling.
Disagree.
If that were true it would make for some really poor storytelling. Every work of art (as even porngames can also be one) carries the ideas and the life experiences of the people making them.

All too true. Think my country, Brazil, is the one where the most number of trans folk were killed last year.

Also Brad was indeed sending red flags left and right. And when he finally decided to talk about how he had premature ejaculation as small talk i was already calling him a incel on my mind.

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
I fail to see how it being a common problem makes it LESS of a problem.
Did you learn how to argue for your points on the internet? You have explicitly ignored the point I made there, in favor of shifting the goal post to a broader critique than the one you were making.

The reason there are no positive male characters in this game, is because a positive male character is a speedbump for the existence of incest in the narrative.

I can tell you really want to pretend men are being victimized here, but no... There are also only 2 positive female characters left at this point in the story, and that's because they're both love interests.

• Haha
4.10 star(s) 36 Votes