VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

Balu83

Jul 17, 2018
What about update??
ChainZero: "Nah. There will be an update. Ideally late September/early October. I just don't update my page much because it would just be a repetitive cycle of "I'm working hard toward a release date" posts. Next time I post will likely be a release date or I might just surprise y'all and drop the game on your heads. Just gimme a little bit of time. It's took a while to get everything the way I wanted it, but it's coming together."

Who is looking for that finds, it is not so difficult to find and does not take much time!

biggestboyo

Aug 4, 2020
That's average from what i've noticed for most devs here, espcially for devs that only works on their games part time. There are games out there with multiple people working on it "full time" that is said to get a update every 6m-1 year....

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

New month, same grind. Hope you guys are good. September has been an eventful month for me to say the least. Let's get on with the report first though.

I said October would be the month I release the revamp. That's still the case. Most likely late October. If I end up pulling up to the end of the month, I'll release it November 1st, just so people who might want to pledge don't have to worry about a double payment. But it's coming and it's coming soon. If I had known it'd be like this, I likely would've just continued from where I left off in Chapter 3 and would have been about 6 or 7 chapters deep by now, but hindsight is 20/20. Funny, cause I think I said something similar when planning the revamp, in relation to my dissatisfaction with the original Chapter 1.

I wanted to pause pledges since I hadn't released for a while, but I'm just not able to. This is my only source of income right now and I do my part in the apartment I live in, since I don't live alone. If I pause, I have nothing for the following month and responsibilities begin to pile up.

Other Things
So, this past month has been eventful. I'll tell you 2 of the things, just so this doesn't become a autobiography of 2020. Had my first panic attack a few days ago. Didn't really know what it was until after the fact. Even now, it's just a guess. It's an intense feeling to say the least. I'm an insomniac, so I was just laying in bed, trying to get some rest, but was unable to get comfortable for like 2 hours. Start sifting through my phone, but all these thoughts start rushing to my head and I start to get fidgety, short of breath, my eyes watered and I felt like I couldn't talk. And I experienced it all in silence.

This isn't last month, but yesterday. I had planned on posting yesterday, but didn't for this reason. My mom had been complaining about a lump in her breast. I think she said it sometimes leaks blood or something. I don't like to talk about it or describe it because it makes me queasy, understandably so, but yesterday she went in for her second mammogram and her doctor said there were two lumps. One the size of a grape, the other a size of a coin, I think she described it. So they scheduled her for a biopsy on the 16th to check if it's cancerous tissue.

So that's on my mind as well. Could be nothing, but there's always a sort of feeling of "panic" anytime the word "cancer" starts becoming involved in your life. You regularly test for things like this, but you don't really give it a second thought until a scare starts knocking at your door, and hopefully that's all it is, a scare.

I really don't have any room left in my psyche for 2020 to deliver any more punches, so I'd really appreciate it if my mom wasn't included in the list of things to worry about. I have enough on my mind. At this current moment, I've never been so unmotivated in my entire life to be completely honest with you. Tale of two halves I'd say. Beginning of the year, while hard, I couldn't be stopped. Now, I feel like all I want to do is stop. But if I stop, I give in, and I don't want to give in.

Don't let these words scare you guys or anything, I just like to be honest about where my head is at. It's sort of cliche at this point. "Oh, look, a dev that's going through shit because his development slowed down and wants people to feel sorry for him. Add him to the list! R.I.P game!" It's a tired cycle at this point, I know. But take it how you will.

October Wallpaper Poll is coming tomorrow at the latest.

Til next post.

petie

Jan 7, 2020
Hmm, already coming up with excuses, bad month etc, not gonna invest in this, what's he gonna be like after a couple more updates? same as some other scam developers on here?

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Hmm, already coming up with excuses, bad month etc, not gonna invest in this, what's he gonna be like after a couple more updates? same as some other scam developers on here?
I was actually talking about this in another thread, I'll not even dignify the "excuses" because that normally only comes from people who never actually tried developing something, but are you supporting the dev financially? If yes and you are unsatisfied with the development cycle then stop and move on, or go one tier down so you don't expend so much money and let others do what they want, as longs as it is not hurting anyone, people should be free to do that.

Also as I said in another thread it is OK to think of your time as more valuable then others, but other people might not agree with you, making a game is time-consuming, and most people don't take into consideration that devs might have life's outside of making the games, if you break down the amount of time in a day to make a game as a side project you would have 3 scenes a day, that only in renders, and me being generous and giving the dev's a super-powerful computer, then you have to take into consideration their personal lives, maybe work, and mental and physical health, basically all I ask of you is to have empathy while thinking about this, and again refer to the paragraph above if you don't want to have empathy.

Have a good day.

Edit: Also, even if the person quoted is a troll this is not me feeding them, it is whoever something that I think is important thinking about as some people don't actually have ill intent when writing something like that, so the idea was to educate someone, being the person quoted or someone else reading, if the person demonstrates to be toxic then I'll follow the advice in my signature and not feed them.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

I said it would be up Saturday, but I literally forgot to post this. My mind has been so fucked lately, but here it is. Special treat this month. The poll is public. Everyone and anyone can vote this month.

Since Ayana and Charlotte were already chosen, they won't be in the poll.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

I said it would be up Saturday, but I literally forgot to post this. My mind has been so fucked lately, but here it is. Special treat this month. The poll is public. Everyone and anyone can vote this month.

Since Ayana and Charlotte were already chosen, they won't be in the poll.
That moment when you realize you can only remember Charlotte...

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That moment when you realize you can only remember Charlotte...
Really?

Michelle: the friend at the cafe
Vanessa: the nurse
Nicole: the college roommate

As I said previously I wish we could meet more of the MC’s friends because right now all of the LI/hot ladies are Charlotte’s friends (or the nurse) except for Ayane.

To all those who are complaining about CZ’s development speed, etc... No one is forcing you to be here, if you support him financially no one is forcing you to do that either.

That said, I’ve been supporting him on Patreon for a long time and have faith that we shall see a revamp and continuation soon. If I’m wrong, and by the new year we’ve not seen the revamp and a new release then I will stop as well. Love what we’ve seen so far and feel I don’t need to worry on that front.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Really?

As I said previously I wish we could meet more of the MC’s friends because right now all of the LI/hot ladies are Charlotte’s friends (or the nurse) except for Ayane.

To all those who are complaining about CZ’s development speed, etc... No one is forcing you to be here, if you support him financially no one is forcing you to do that either.

That said, I’ve been supporting him on Patreon for a long time and have faith that we shall see a revamp and continuation soon. If I’m wrong, and by the new year we’ve not seen the revamp and a new release then I will stop as well. Love what we’ve seen so far and feel I don’t need to worry on that front.
Agree with all the above except the part about his friends. Not that I'd not want to see them (though couldn't really care either way) but I got the impression from when I played this that the MC is a little bit of a loner. Ayane...is his friend...anyone else is merely nothing more than a passing aquaintance at best.

Just my take on the MC anyway.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Idontknowme

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Really?

Thank you, I am voting Vanessa then. My memory is not good and I did not mean it in a way "it's been too long" and more in the meaning of "my eyes are only for Charlotte."

• Love
Reactions: Mr. Vargas

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Agree with all the above except the part about his friends. Not that I'd not want to see them (though couldn't really care either way) but I got the impression from when I played this that the MC is a little bit of a loner. Ayane...is his friend...anyone else is merely nothing more than a passing aquaintance at best.

Just my take on the MC anyway.
I don’t necessarily disagree, however even loners meet their neighbor or have other coworkers, etc. I’m not really a social being but even I’ve found myself with more people in my life than I’d really prefer. The fact that the MC has Ayane and his dad feels unrealistic to me. He’s an attractive guy, you’d think he’d have at least one neighbor or co-worker who is interested in hitting that.

Thank you, I am voting Vanessa then. My memory is not good and I did not mean it in a way "it's been too long" and more in the meaning of "my eyes are only for Charlotte."
That’s cool, I was just surprised since CZ has these wallpapers every month. I didn’t think you were casting any shade, the rest of my post was directed at all the “milking” comments. So tired of people accusing devs of that shit.

And I voted Nicole, she’s cute and though previously I was all Ayane I’m not sure how I’ll feel when the revamp finally debuts.

Reactions: Maviarab

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
He’s an attractive guy, you’d think he’d have at least one neighbor or co-worker who is interested in hitting that.
It's funny you should say this, cause they talk about this directly in the new version.

the rest of my post was directed at all the “milking” comments. So tired of people accusing devs of that shit.
I knew they'd come. Don't stress yourself with them, cause I personally can't be bothered with it. But this dev stuff does have to get easier, otherwise I risk falling into that trap so many devs fall into, with an "abandoned" tag next to the name of my game. I'm observant enough to see that. But I'm also stubborn to a fault.

I've struggled with the idea of finding a writer before who can handle those responsibilities for me as I supervise it. Problem is, I don't work well with others. If all I had to do was render, it'd make my job easier, but leaving the task of writing to someone else messes with me, cause this story is very personal. But maybe I need to learn to put my faith in some help. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work out and I'm back to doing what I've been doing.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It's funny you should say this, cause they talk about this directly in the new version.
YES!

I knew they'd come. Don't stress yourself with them, cause I personally can't be bothered with it. But this dev stuff does have to get easier, otherwise I risk falling into that trap so many devs fall into, with an "abandoned" tag next to the name of my game. I'm observant enough to see that. But I'm also stubborn to a fault.
I can't help it, I have this habit of defending people who do good shit.. My wife is an artist (watercolors) and I have a hard time "staying out of it" when people have no idea what it is like to struggle with the "creative spark".

I've struggled with the idea of finding a writer before who can handle those responsibilities for me as I supervise it. Problem is, I don't work well with others. If all I had to do was render, it'd make my job easier, but leaving the task of writing to someone else messes with me, cause this story is very personal. But maybe I need to learn to put my faith in some help. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work out and I'm back to doing what I've been doing.
I wouldn't want to take over writing your story but I would love to collaborate with you. I have a story just not the time to learn how to use all the software to render it. LOL, but I don't think you need to worry, we're all willing to wait.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

I'm sure once this revamp is done things will flow better. You've taken the time to go back over what you've already done so it probably feels like you're not making progress, but once it's out there then it's onwards and upwards from this point on.

No more looking back, only forwards. (y)

Last edited:

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Curious to see what the revamp will bring, havn't followed this thread.. From what I recall it was e decent start so far, a bit wordy and s bit to much fluff in the writing but nothing mayor.. The only thing in need of reworking was the MC as far as I recall...
Best of luck with revamp. Cheers

Reactions: Mr. Vargas
4.60 star(s) 61 Votes