Kay_Kay

Aug 31, 2019
Not a fan of these new designs, at all. It's really weird, because it honestly wasn't even needed, the characters looked perfectly good and there was no need for any sort of update, so we do not only miss on any more new content because of these new designs, but they aren't even good...

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
The only redesign I'm super put off by is Qarinah. Her old look seemed to perfectly fit her personality; the new one makes her look like she's impersonating Lily and overall just looks way too aggressive.
I dunno, I'm kinda digging her new look. She looks a bit too loli in 0.6.9.

Other thoughts
  • Overall, I quite like the new look.Annie has lost her peculiar anime eyes which certainly isn't a bad thing. Same with Chloe although I preferred her old hair.
  • Emma looks like she keeps mens testciles in jars under her bed now which is... unsettling.
  • Gwen's went up a cup size it seems
  • Jessica's got her hair parted on the other side but beyond that seems to be the same.
  • Rather oddly it seems like Lily has bucked the trend of Chloe and Annie and went for larger eyes
  • No changes to Kana or Pixie which is a shame
  • Lyx has went up a few cup sizes
  • Madison seems to have stolen the fringe from the mother in Timestamps - Unconditional Love
  • Morgana now now longer looks like a sweaty mess.

Nequiem

Oct 21, 2017
I dunno, I'm kinda digging her new look. She looks a bit too loli in 0.6.9.
The problem isn't really the body shape (though I can't even really tell if that's changed itself), it's mostly the clothes. The old style fit her playful yet lazy/irresponsible personality. Now she looks like a biker chick.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I've been noticing a lot of mixed feelings on the "reworks" here recently but there seems to be a lot of negativity towards them. Is the general consensus that they aren't popular or what. Has Arc addressed peoples concerns or is it not really a huge issue. I saw the comparison image Master D released a few posts back and although the revision looked "sharper", it didn't seem all that bad. Do the revised characters radically vary between characters? Edit: just saw that comparison image of Gwen above and she reminds me a little of Himiko Toga from my hero academia but I admit I prefer the original.
A mixed bag but ArcGames is jotting down feedback. The original designs had more of a Disney Princess effect so super cute like Anime cocaine while the new designs have a more dark edgy look.

Generally I've seen people praising the rework while others criticizing it. Though it's not like Arc released any polls (yet?) to gauge response.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
The problem isn't really the body shape (though I can't even really tell if that's changed itself), it's mostly the clothes. The old style fit her playful yet lazy/irresponsible personality. Now she looks like a biker chick.
A mixed bag but ArcGames is jotting down feedback. The original designs had more of a Disney Princess effect so super cute like Anime cocaine while the new designs have a more dark edgy look.

Generally I've seen people praising the rework while others criticizing it. Though it's not like Arc released any polls (yet?) to gauge response.
The issue is that the changes were made without any polls so, depending on the amount of work already put in, it may be unlikely that any will be changed back

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Gwen
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dhena
Gotta wait for disc space before I can try out the new update, but just based on this; I like gwen's new hair, I don't like that her boobs look bigger, I don't immediately hate dhena's new look, but hard to fully tell without seeing her body.

Reactions: khht99 and User1230

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
The issue is that the changes were made without any polls so, depending on the amount of work already put in, it may be unlikely that any will be changed back
I'm reasonably certain they won't be changed "back" given that the change was due to probable copyright infringement.

Interestingly, though, there's some positive for nearly every character.
It's gonna be work to see which are well received, and which are mainly negative.

Jul 29, 2018

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Probably a massive amount of work however Arc wouldn't want a massive exodus either so some balance will be needed.

Also given the nature of why this change happen I wouldn't hold on to hope that any of these would change back. At best you might get something closer but not to close that it looks exactly the same.

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
So, my thoughts after doing a side by side comparison... In general, a lot of the designs seem more soft, and like an older anime style. Which may have been what Arc was going for. Not a fan, but not terrible. Here are additional thoughts on specific models ( - means worse, + means better, x means neither but might have a small issue.)

Annie - A little too soft for me, but still good. The shape of her hair makes it look like her skull bulges out above the eyes. Not as bad as with Emma, but definitely weird.
Asteria x No change I think.
Chastity + Kinda went the other way of most of the redesigns, and is an improvement in my opinion!
Chloe x Triangle chin. Other than that, different but not worse. Maybe better.
Emma x Baad case of skull bulge. But, looking side by side, the old model had it as well.
Gwen -- That new chin... oh my. Please no. Other than that, she could use a little less blush. But, might be an improvement, if not for those 2 things.
Jessica + Nice! Could also use a tiny bit less blush, but doesn't stand out like Gwen.
Kana x No change I think. Although Gwen's new chin made me notice Kana has a little bit of the same problem. Doesn't look as bad on her though.
Lily ++ Not my favorite character, but quite a bit better now.
Luna - Couldn't see her face before. Not a huge fan of the bunny nose, but I might be in the minority there, so no comment. The stripes don't do anything for me either, but I can see how some would be into it. I will just assume this is for those who like anthro.
Lyx + Freckles are cute. Never seen green ones before, but still cute :p
Madison - More timid, less sexy. Still alright, like Annie, no major issues. Just not as good.
Morgana + Seems a little better to me.
Pixie x No change, cute as ever.
Qarinah --- Wide face, weird nose, inhuman eyes :( Seems to be emphasizing that she's a succubus demon, but as demons go succubi are rarely pictured with harsh demon features, but instead traditionally attractive. I assume it's for monster girl fans, but I thought that's what Morgana and Asteria were for. The human form is neither better nor worse.
Edit: it has been brought to my attention that her body and clothes also changed. I didn't even notice, the face was such a huge distraction. Opinion is old clothes were better, both sets of tits are A-okay :p
Roxy x No change.
Veronica + Marginally sexier.

Side girls:

Alexa --- All features removed.
Cora -- Similar to Alexa but not as drastic.
Ice Cream Girls x Again, the features seem flattened. But, works alright for them.
Rinkos - Again, don't like the stripes much, but it's not for me.
Samantha ++ Much better, except dunno why her cleavage went away... :p

Claire x Liked the old face a bit better, but not bad. Like the new clothes better though.
Dhena - Chin is better, otherwise same issue for me as Annie.

-----

Some of the +'s would actually be ++'s, except that the old models were already really good, so improving too much is difficult.

And, hearing why the change happened, I'd like to emphasize that most of the -'s are "alright just not quite as good in my opinion", and Chloe and Gwen could be +'s with different chins... and even Qarinah could be an x with a human face, or even a + with less aggressive clothes as well.

And based on the reason, I imagine Alexa and Cora were rushed to get the update out... Side characters you meet once wouldn't be the top priority anyway.

Last edited:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
The chins seem to be the thing most people are having beef with. While I'm not fond of them either I can sympathize with the artist(s) and give them the benefit of the doubt. Designing faces in 3D, especially with anime-ish engines is always a crapshoot. Far too many times I've spent hours fiddling around with a face that looked drop-dead gorgeous from the front, but when I see it at an angle in-game afterwards it looked strange.
Then there's also the fact people have more (and different) preferences than there are elements in the periodic table so odds are someone is always going to dislike something. If Arc does plan to adjust the new models according to feedback, I don't envy their task.

4.40 star(s) 232 Votes