The Grad

Jun 1, 2017
Yeah they lack the evolution of Disney Princesses Effect. Less rounded cuddly look.

During Act 2 try talking with Chloe in the Morning.
When I do it says I need to learn magic and after I go to the goblin-witch the option in the morning disappears

Edorath

Jul 14, 2017
The new renders are just uh
yeah
shouldn't have used someone else's models to begin with but the new stuff is of questionable quality to say the least, a lot of the new models deadass look like aliens, i'd honestly just put some of the budget on commisioning new models at this point.

Feb 25, 2018
I understand that some of these changes are very jarring to a lot of people, I'm not a fan of some of them, although I do like most of them. And these designs will probably change if the fanbase really doesn't like a certain change. Arc also spent about a week doing all of these changes, working them into all of the games previous scenes, and he did all of that in a weak, so there's a good chance some of them were more rushed than others. If you do or don't like the changes as they are now, that's fine, it's your opinion.

GunSlung

Dec 6, 2017
While this is definitely in my top 3 for games on the site, these new models aren't it. I'd probably recommend putting a few bucks towards a pro modeller. RIP best girl Chloe's hair and facial structure.

Beyond the models though, still loving everything else, Arc. Keep your head up, I'm sure a compromise can be reached.

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Any body know which direction to go for the outskirts to find something magical for Chloe???
If you've already unlocked Lyx, just go to Chloe's room. I'm guessing sure he originally intended to have two separate events and that hint was for the second one.

XoeSara

Aug 11, 2018
Not to be rude or anything but the new models are a bit....iffy. There faces are too...ovalish. Annie looks kind of odd. Chastity looks ok. Chloe just looks kind of creepy. Emma's face is a bit squished. Gwen's general look is ok but her expression when talking to her in her room looks a bit odd. Jessica is mostly ok. Lily is decent but her eyes don't exactly fit her like the old ones. Luna well I least we can see her face but her model is odd. Lyx looks farely decent but I notice shes slightly animefied. Madison is decent. Morgana is I guess ok but the Oval head is the weirdest thing and her looks make me thing of those 2 guys that come to collect money from Lily. Qarinah looks good but her alternate version has REALLY large eyes. Lastly Veronica kinda looks like she wants to murder someone. (All of my opinions are based off the character card portraits and Bios and I have only looked at the main characters.)

Really I just think the only real problem is the characters with the oval faces/ more of a 8 design face/ just the "compressed" head design and Chloe's entire face. To me they are better off with the rounder faces like before.

Was there any special reason for the model update or was it just a "attempt at modernizing" thing?

Edit: Things are worse than the stuff I saw.

I'm bad a reviewing things so please don't get overly mad at my comment or anthing.:( Just my personal thoughts in comment form.

There was no real reason to change the models. They were already amazing.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Is it just me or does it feel like in the past couple of hours the flood gates have just... opened. I'm over joyed to see that everyone is comfortable enough to offer their honest opinion :) however I'm a little conflicted. I feel bad for Arc a little (or rather he has my sympathies) although from what I've read today he did put himself in this situation and these criticisms are largely valid but I do feel sorry because of all the enjoyment he has provided me. I'll be interested to see what he has to say on Sunday because it has felt particularly scathing today.

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
well I can live with all the reskins and remodels but one... morgana
this is a bit of a monstergirl game and morgana was the only one with an apperance that actually seemed monsterous rather than just throw some horns/a tail/ some wings on it and maybe change the skin tone.
I really digged that bark she had all over her body making her stand out from the rest.
I guess I understand why you did it, probably be easier to animate without it but still...
RIP morgana

ugh i also guess I'm not the biggest fan of the super pointy chin but its not bad, just different

Shallowrat

Dec 4, 2019
I feel like it's important to mention that the number of people speaking out about the model change just shows how much support this game has from the community. It might be kinda jarring for Arc to see this amount of negative comments, but the fact that we're all hopping in here right away means we think talking about it will actually bring about a result. Good luck in the coming weeks as you try to fix the models.

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
For those who are hating the new update tough shit bitches it took arc a week to make them and they are staying dont like it well fuck off to a different game then
antiv A week isn't much for that many character models and it shows. I'm pretty sure he was just scrambling to replace the old models and these here aren't final, Mr. White Knight...

All in all ArcGames, I am pretty pissed hearing what you did. The new models need a LOT of work, especially because in some cases the entire form of the face alone changed far too drastically and that's only one of the many problems. But hey! Some of the new hair looks fresh, like Chloe's...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 232 Votes