Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
How can you increase your insight? I'm currently at one and I need to increase it for Qarinah.

Nequiem

Oct 21, 2017
That's not really the case, though. If the poll were about just rating how much you like the new models, then yes, 7 or 8 is where you'd want to be, with 6 and below being lacking in quality. But that's not what the poll is. This poll compares the old and new models and asks you to rate how much you like or dislike the changes made. That's different from rating how much you like the new models, effectively turning the poll into "rate how much you like the changes, with 1 being strongly dislike and 10 being strongly like". Because of this, 5 and 6 are actually NEUTRAL values, which means that any new model that gets a 5 or 6 rating is being rated as just as good as the old model. Anything lower than 5 means the new model is a downgrade compared to the old model and anything higher than 6 means the new model is an improvement compared to the old model.
That's why I said the consensus was "thoroughly mediocre" instead of "thoroughly bad". I don't call "I don't hate it" a success. Success implies a positive response, which doesn't seem to be the case, but a resounding, "It's okay". And with how these kinds of polls tend to trend to the higher half of the scale (very few people are gonna give something a 1 or 2 unless it's *really* bad), I don't think it's fair to say five is "equal". A 5 is basically gonna end up as the "I'll deal with it" number. A solid 6 would be "Not better, not worse".

teddydare

Dec 9, 2017
How I find the magical charterer before I talk to chloe? I've spoken to lyx in the woods and at the cottage its still the same dialog and nothing happens when I try to talk to chloe.

Jerghaal

Sep 8, 2018
Ok I need help. I want to start with Chloe but nothing happens. I'm at the part where it says go to her room. I don't have the option in the morning and in the afternoon and night she's somewhere else. I did finish the magic training with Lyx since it was mentioned I need to upgrade my magic.

Crushonius

Jun 24, 2018
My biggest gripe however is how this "redesign" was marketed
I put the pieces together and yeah its not looking good
it seems the real reason for the changes is because he was caught

• Overhaul: CK has received a massive character redesign overhaul! Pretty much every character has been reworked, altered, tweaked or polished! I know this is going to take some getting used to, but I hope you like the new looks (if you do or you don't, let me know either way - I'm compiling everyone's feedback - positive and negative - in case I need to change anything)

reworked, altered, tweaked or polished
are the words that rub me wrong

especially since the post before he wrote

So, why the rework? A few reasons, really. The first is that when I started working on CK I got a tonne of character cards in an online MegaPack. Turns out that a couple of them were OCs or commissioned characters, though! So I started work on re-creating those characters.

At least be honest and say that you just took the work of others and used it to make money
and now it came back to haunt you . When you make an honest mistake take responsibility
and dont beat around the bush and try to weasel out of it .
Seriously this just makes me mad it seems you knew damn well what you did was wrong
and now that you got caught you make changes to the characters so you can claim them as your own .
And he says that only a couple were commissioned characters but then he redesigns like 20 . Yeah right

I honestly thought all of these characters were his original creation and I loved them
and his game but now this changes everything .
Kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth and maybe I am the only one but this just doesnt sit right with me .

Either way its just my opinion and wont change anything I am just happy that I chose to wait
for the character redesign to decide if I will support him on patreon or not .

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
My Gallery Unlocker Mod for Corrupted Kingdoms by ArcGames : Here or

P.S : If you like the Game/Mod please consider supporting the dev ArcGames -

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
And here lies the problem with using a number rating system. In everyone's book 10 is perfect and 1 is the worst garbage. But everything in-between? Maybe a 6 is passable, or it could be a failing grade for some people. So much detail is stripped down and shoved into a vague undefined concept. It's the reason I never trust meta critic, or any review system that relies on numbers/thumbs-up. IMO the number rating statistics will just skew your findings. Also I noticed you could submit multiple times, that could easily fuck up the numbers all by itself from people trying to rig it in their favor. Unless google is noting down unique users for you.
The number system was added more as a side thing. The main thing is the text box.
I added the number rating to help the type of people that might sometimes have trouble putting their thoughts into words but are capable to say if they either like, dislike or are indiferent about something (people like me).

The ratings are supposed to mean something like:
Closer to 1 means they don't like the change at all.
Around 5 or 6 means they're neutral about the change, don't love it but don't hate it either, could use some work.
Close to 10 means they really liked the change.

And yeah I was also thinking about needing to use a google account to submit a response but didn't feel like it. Thought it might scare off some people if their vote wasn't as anonymous.
Also people would still abuse the system if they wanted to, what's stopping them from voting with multiple accounts.

{...}

I honestly thought all of these characters were his original creation and I loved them
Kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth and maybe I am the only one but this just doesnt sit right with me .

Either way its just my opinion and wont change anything I am just happy that I chose to wait
for the character redesign to decide if I will support him on patreon or not .
Honestly do you ever expect someone to openly admit their mistakes?
Most people won't, if they do they'll be really vague about it.

I also initially thought the same about the characters being fully original, although at the time I had no idea what Koikatsu was. Now I end up avoiding most if not all games made with that like I do with Daz3d stuff and similar.

I'm mostly talking out of my ass here but I think Arc didn't expect the game to get so big.
If it was just another small fry project you would have to be very unlucky to get in trouble for something like this.
But when you're pulling 5k a month... Yeah.

Right now even though I feel slightly betrayed, I'll try to help Arc to move past this . The story managed to hook me enough that I now actually care about the game's future.

Aight, Imma one-up myself.
I made a google form. You can do the same that I did and give a rating and a comment about each one of the redesigns I covered.

All feedback is appreciated.
We're getting close to 300 now. The survey most likely will be live until the end of the month.
I also didn't mention that I had added two more characters since the original post.
Qarinah's secretary and the ice cream girls.

Is it custom render time?
It might be somewhere else.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MitoriCarthago

Dec 23, 2018
Ok I need help. I want to start with Chloe but nothing happens. I'm at the part where it says go to her room. I don't have the option in the morning and in the afternoon and night she's somewhere else. I did finish the magic training with Lyx since it was mentioned I need to upgrade my magic.
I have the exact same issue, and it's really bothering me, could someone please tell me this is a bug or something.

Right after you enter Act 2. And try to go to her room, it says you need to learn some magic, and refuse to ask morgana for help. You then learn magic from Lyx, and come back, and there's no way you can ever talk to Chloe, the option to knock on her door is gone in the morning, in the afternoon she's playing with alice (Who I haven't even met yet? Nor heard about.) And the heart cards keep telling me to talk to her in her room, but I can't.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I have the exact same issue, and it's really bothering me, could someone please tell me this is a bug or something.

Right after you enter Act 2. And try to go to her room, it says you need to learn some magic, and refuse to ask morgana for help. You then learn magic from Lyx, and come back, and there's no way you can ever talk to Chloe, the option to knock on her door is gone in the morning, in the afternoon she's playing with alice (Who I haven't even met yet? Nor heard about.) And the heart cards keep telling me to talk to her in her room, but I can't.
Did you use the bugfix for 0.7.0? If that isn't the problem post a save and I'll have a quick look.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Honestly do you ever expect someone to openly admit their mistakes?
Most people won't, if they do they'll be really vague about it.
Yes, even if it was in a 'damage control' sort of way at least giving credit to the original artists would be nice. Especially since some kind souls already did the legwork in figuring out who they were.

I also initially thought the same about the characters being fully original, although at the time I had no idea what Koikatsu was. Now I end up avoiding most if not all games made with that like I do with Daz3d stuff and similar.
I find fledgling Indies with no artist on board tend to either be artist themselves which aren't good at writing so tend to show off their art more or writers that aren't good at art which tend to use pre-made assets while entrenching them in the story. It's rare that they are a jack of all trades. Not necessarily a bad thing though I tend to lump them in the same category as RPG Maker games :p
Don't get me wrong, games like The Last Sovereign, Monster Girl Quest: Paradox, or to name a few can have a lot of depth if the devs have enough passion.

I'm mostly talking out of my ass here but I think Arc didn't expect the game to get so big.
Well most devs with an Idea, a Dream, and a Shoestring budget hope to make it big.
(Honestly, they were only supposed to be one-shots. I didn't expect them to become as popular as they have!)
Right now even though I feel slightly betrayed, I'll try to help Arc to move past this .
The Side Character asset flips are a bit more jarring once you know they were asset flips which he could barely write up a paragraph for. Them all being 'Original' gave the impression that a lot more time went into things then it actually did.

Is it custom render time?
Madison & Veronica
Hopefully Arc goes back to writing choices with actual consequences. In the Madison vs Veronica conflict I would pick Veronica :LOL:

Good job on those by the way (y)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I love those renders, especially the last one. That's one of my favourite threesome positions and having the older woman be the sub with the younger one in the middle switching between being sub for the guy and dom for the other woman is great. And I can just see Veronica being like that, submissive to our guy but dominant with other girls.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: CursedFlame91

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
Right now even though I feel slightly betrayed, I'll try to help Arc to move past this . The story managed to hook me enough that I now actually care about the game's future.
I never assumed the character's were original designs or otherwise. It's not so important to me... Only matters when I see a character in a new game I'm playing that's exactly identical to one in a game I've already played. At least Arc picked obscure ones, it seems.

I'm a mistake-admitter though (at least I think I am :p), so that part does irk me a little. But whatever. As you said, it's not common to be completely up front about all mistakes.

Vanndril

Jul 12, 2018
That's why I said the consensus was "thoroughly mediocre" instead of "thoroughly bad". I don't call "I don't hate it" a success. Success implies a positive response, which doesn't seem to be the case, but a resounding, "It's okay". And with how these kinds of polls tend to trend to the higher half of the scale (very few people are gonna give something a 1 or 2 unless it's *really* bad), I don't think it's fair to say five is "equal". A 5 is basically gonna end up as the "I'll deal with it" number. A solid 6 would be "Not better, not worse".
5 and 6 are quite literally the neutral values. They are smack dab in the middle of the number line between 1 and 10. Voting 5 or 6 quite literally means you are voting to express that you neither like nor dislike the changes, meaning the changes are neither better nor worse for you. Whether or not you'll "deal with it" is actually represented by both 5 and 6, because they're the neutral values that mean you don't like either model more or less than the other.

Keep in mind that the only reason 5 and 6 are BOTH neutral values is because the true neutral value of 1-10, 5.5, isn't available for selection. It's the same way in which a 1-5 scale's neutral value is 3 because there are an equal count of numbers to either side of greater than and lesser than 3. If you tried to use 5 as the neutral value of a 1-10 scale, you'd have only 4 lesser numbers and 5 greater numbers. If you tried to use 6, you'd have 5 lesser numbers and 4 greater numbers. Technically, 5 is "slightly worse" and 6 is "slightly better", but since these two numbers are both equally close to the real neutral value, individuals will choose between them by whim to be their neutral value - some choosing to make 5 the neutral and some choosing to make 6 the neutral - and there's no way to differentiate between them. Not having this problem is why I prefer 1-9 or 1-5 scales, but that's another story entirely.

To be clear, this means that you're not voting on the quality of the new model, but the quality of the new model in comparison to the quality of the old model. If the old model was already high quality and the comparison entry was voted as a 5 or 6, that means the new model is still just as high quality rather than any better or worse.

People do often have a trend when rating how much they like any particular thing to vote high unless they really dislike it; if I recall, the typical choice for something not disliked being something like 7/10. But this does not typically apply to comparisons. Comparing is a different beast than judging the quality of a singular thing and comes with a different set of biases and psychological idiosyncrasies that might influence the rating given.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 231 Votes