StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
Be kind and take the survey that CursedFlame91 is conducting on ArcGames behalf
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0-alpha-arcgames.31912/post-4207126

It showcases a few old and new scenes for the characters involved.
There is also CK Compare 0.6.9 to 0.7.0 if you wanted a view of all the assets that changed

The old models aren't coming back. At best you can give your input and get a close compromise or something more in line with what the majority fan base would like.

Some of the Original Artist can be found here
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-6-8-arcgames.31912/post-4080639
While some would probably just like to be credited and get exposure others not so much.
A few of the assets were meant to be exclusives for their respective games.
Some are fan art of other much bigger IP which if they get wind of things might be more tenacious then an artist just saying don't steal my stuff or I'll tell mommy Patreon.
I'll take it that you're not much of an artist MDS. There is a personal side to things that is more than just "Jimmy took my Kool Aid Pouch." If anything most would just like it if you asked first and although exposure is nice and all it really take a backseat to when it come to most other things.

Anyways, I hope Arc is making the new deigns himself. I actually tried out Koikatu myself and NGL, the game suck. But creating character is nice. It take some time to get used to but after some time you can get the hand of it and actually make some nice looking characters especially if you add in some mods.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I'll take it that you're not much of an artist MDS.
This makes me feel like an old man...
I searched for mds and got
Masterbation Depervation Syndrom, I don't think so since I'm on this site almost daily :unsure:
Massive Dick Syndrome, Well I can be a dick at times though mostly goes with being a Devil's Advocate; If that was a complement :giggle:

There is a personal side to things that is more than just "Jimmy took my Kool Aid Pouch." If anything most would just like it if you asked first and although exposure is nice and all it really take a backseat to when it come to most other things.
So a comment that explains some possible situations you took the last line and ran with it. Some artists do make art for a living as protecting their interest is important.

kekyoinhunter

Jun 25, 2020
I started the game on 0.7.0 and saw the OG designs after finishing everything. Almost everyone looked better compared to the old design IMO. Except for Alexa, the OG design for her were clearly better...

I guess everyone got used to the old design, so any sort of change would cause a reaction....

But if you keep in mind it's on a 10 scale, it's pretty bad. A six would be about average, and the overall averaging is just under six. Meaning at best it's thoroughly mediocre by the consensus. Successes would be at least 7s and 8s, which only a couple managed to break into.
Sampling bias.
The majority of the people taking the poll are the ones who dislike (or are highly opinionated about) the redesigns. I didn't even know people were complaining until I read this thread.

Last edited:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I started the game on 0.7.0 and saw the OG designs after finishing everything. Almost everyone looked better compared to the old design IMO. Except for Alexa, the OG design for her were clearly better...

I guess everyone got used to the old design, so any sort of change would cause a reaction....

Sampling bias.
The majority of the people taking the poll are the ones who dislike (or are highly opinionated about) the redesigns. I didn't even know people were complaining until I read this thread.
Definitely the case right there, we are like the boomers goin' "I miss the good ol' days"

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
This makes me feel like an old man...
I searched for mds and got
Masterbation Depervation Syndrom, I don't think so since I'm on this site almost daily :unsure:
Massive Dick Syndrome, Well I can be a dick at times though mostly goes with being a Devil's Advocate; If that was a complement :giggle:

So a comment that explains some possible situations you took the last line and ran with it. Some artists do make art for a living as protecting their interest is important.
Sorry for that. MDS stand for your name, masterdragonson. And I know that some artists do make their art for a living, but that not to say that they can't hold any feeling to their art. But if you like you can explain the your second point again since I'm not too sure if I get it.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Sorry for that. MDS stand for your name, masterdragonson. And I know that some artists do make their art for a living, but that not to say that they can't hold any feeling to their art. But if you like you can explain the your second point again since I'm not too sure if I get it.
Sure I can explain the points in more detail. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm old and when I see acronyms I get flashbacks.

Oh, I'm not actually a 'good' artist but there is a chance you seen some of my work around F95Zone and a few other sites. I've helped clean up some translation projects (Title Screens, Menu Command, other small assets), I've cobbled together some sprite assets for The Last Sovereign using other resources though Sierra Lee credited me under a different name (if you liked Simon & Robin's hug scene that was me, I'm also responsible for Patty, and pretty much at lot of the iffy sprite art people complain about probably came from me), and I have been known to Photoshop a few things for the lols.

* While some would probably just like to be credited and get exposure others not so much.
Not all artist are in it just for the money but they do like being appreciated. It also hurts when they are called thieves by fans that think they stole their own creations. Building up a reputation is also important if they hope to go big someday.

* A few of the assets were meant to be exclusives for their respective games.
This was to point out just because art is out there doesn't mean the original artist may have the rights for it. Some sell their work under exclusivity deals which was the case with Chloe's Original design. While fan art was released it was meant to promote Future Fragments, not be repurposed by another developer for another game without their permission. A distinction between fans and business owners.

* Some are fan art of other much bigger IP which if they get wind of things might be more tenacious then an artist just saying don't steal my stuff or I'll tell mommy Patreon.
A point that this could have went a lot worse for Arc. But this is somewhat of a some up of the situation so I can understand it being taken out of context. Why Arc made the change was to protect his financial interest. Why an Artist complained to Arc was to protect theirs. Why was the joke "I'll tell mommy Patreon" used? Lawyers can be expensive but anyone can report a Patreon creator for misconduct which could get their page shut down for review or possibly suspended.

For an example of what a "much bigger" player could do have a look at Nintendo

Just because Artist protect their work doesn't mean they don't have passion or dislike that people actually appreciate their art. It's one of those it's just the nature of the beast in the industry and it gets more cutthroat when business people are involved. Hard to say how much money was spent on Chloe's design or how much Arc profited from using it. Whether the fans like it or not since Arc didn't give credits to these other artist is just feels like bad form so some will feel offended.

Last edited:

Nequiem

Oct 21, 2017
Sampling bias.
Maybe, not necessarily. But that post was in response to saying it was a success based on the results, so why isn't sampling bias applicable there?

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
Sure I can explain the points in more detail. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm old and when I see acronyms I get flashbacks.

Oh, I'm not actually a 'good' artist but there is a chance you seen some of my work around F95Zone and a few other sites. I've helped clean up some translation projects (Title Screens, Menu Command, other small assets), I've cobbled together some sprite assets for The Last Sovereign using other resources though Sierra Lee credited me under a different name (if you liked Simon & Robin's hug scene that was me, I'm also responsible for Patty, and pretty much at lot of the iffy sprite art people complain about probably came from me), and I have been known to Photoshop a few things for the lols.

* While some would probably just like to be credited and get exposure others not so much.
Not all artist are in it just for the money but they do like being appreciated. It also hurts when they are called thieves by fans that think they stole their own creations. Building up a reputation is also important if they hope to go big someday.

* A few of the assets were meant to be exclusives for their respective games.
This was to point out just because art is out there doesn't mean the original artist may have the rights for it. Some sell their work under exclusivity deals which was the case with Chloe's Original design. While fan art was released it was meant to promote Future Fragments, not be repurposed by another developer for another game without their permission. A distinction between fans and business owners.

* Some are fan art of other much bigger IP which if they get wind of things might be more tenacious then an artist just saying don't steal my stuff or I'll tell mommy Patreon.
A point that this could have went a lot worse for Arc. But this is somewhat of a some up of the situation so I can understand it being taken out of context. Why Arc made the change was to protect his financial interest. Why an Artist complained to Arc was to protect theirs. Why was the joke "I'll tell mommy Patreon" used? Lawyers can be expensive but anyone can report a Patreon creator for misconduct which could get their page shut down for review or possibly suspended.

For an example of what a "much bigger" player could do have a look at Nintendo

Just because Artist protect their work doesn't mean they don't have passion or dislike that people actually appreciate their art. It's one of those it's just the nature of the beast in the industry and it gets more cutthroat when business people are involved. Hard to say how much money was spent on Chloe's design or how much Arc profited from using it. Whether the fans like it or not since Arc didn't give credits to these other artist is just feels like bad form so some will feel offended.
Thank for explaining in more detail. I actually agree everything you said but some of it I actually did read wrong. Anyways it is hard to see anything that you haven't done. Although on all of the places that I have seen yo at it was all just coding stuff. Like the Update Patch you do for CK and the patches for PAC(or Princess and Conquest as everyone know it as). Btw the video lick didn't work, but I looked it up. I mean it's Jim Sterling, I'd take any excuse to watch one of his video.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Where did you get the koikaku models? Are they from Arc's patreon or did you find the originals?

Now that Arc has changed all models, maybe someone can share the old Kokatsu cards for everyone to download. I posted the ones I found with
CursedFlame91's help, but those are not all.
Yes.
By that I mean both. I actually continued my hunt after that first post, managed to amass quite a big but incomplete collection of characters (around 30, both main and side girls) but after learning that my actions put more pressure into Arc to do the redesigns I decided to throw some money to him and also got the official ones. (Officials are redesigned and are mostly just the main girls with a handful of side girls)

Would I be willing to share the ones I found on my hunt?
Maybe... I can't say.
Part of me just wants to hoard them, especially considering that scrolling through thousands of character cards looking for specific facial features isn't that fun.

{...}
Ah, a problem with the pdf is it doesn't look for the most atrocious scenes and is more to make a decent comparison of the models. Besides for those that have gotten invested (either giving money and/or their time) seeing some of the models change can be jarring. Doesn't help that it's easy to tell that these were rushed with little to no quality assurance.

CursedFlame91
Also fun question, did anybody tell the actual Patrons about this poll? Like the ones on Patreon? I think it's been mentioned only on here and Discord

{...}
Right, so the problem is that I don't have access to all the models before and after the changes(and after his hard drive broke I don't expect Arc to do either). So I just grabbed a scene that I found suitable, and put them side by side. Just that image doesn't manage to paint the whole picture, I still say Lily looks really fucking weird when smiling but the results show that a majority of people like the change (I don't).
Also I was too lazy to make a comprehensive collage of facial expressions and angles for the image of EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER.

Apparently he was supposed to do it but he never did, perhaps he forgot about it and just put it on the announcements channel.
Adding to that, is the fact that this survey being unofficial isn't supposed to give patrons or subs any more weight on their opinion, .

I mentioned Lily, so...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Adding to that, is the fact that this survey being unofficial isn't supposed to give patrons or subs any more weight on their opinion, .
The everyone is equal works fine :D However I know some fans don't come on either here or discord.

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
Maybe... I can't say.
Part of me just wants to hoard them, especially considering that scrolling through thousands of character cards looking for specific facial features isn't that fun.
You Bet it isn't. If you use any of those Koikatu card sites then I can understand.

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
Yes.
By that I mean both. I actually continued my hunt after that first post, managed to amass quite a big but incomplete collection of characters (around 30, both main and side girls) but after learning that my actions put more pressure into Arc to do the redesigns I decided to throw some money to him and also got the official ones. (Officials are redesigned and are mostly just the main girls with a handful of side girls)

Maybe... I can't say.
Yeah, I suspected the posts you and I made were part of the reason this change happened. Though I suppose my part is smaller.

Anyway, it'd be really nice if the old models got shared here now that they're no longer supported. It would be a nice compromise given so many people preferred them. At least if we don't get to see them in the show, we can mess with them in Koikatsu.

Are the old cards still on patreon? I did plan to eventually subscribe, maybe now's the time.

• Hey there
Reactions: CursedFlame91

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Yeah, I suspected the posts you and I made were part of the reason this change happened. Though I suppose my part is smaller.

Anyway, it'd be really nice if the old models got shared here now that they're no longer supported. It would be a nice compromise given so many people preferred them. At least if we don't get to see them in the show, we can mess with them in Koikatsu.

Are the old cards still on patreon? I did plan to eventually subscribe, maybe now's the time.
The thing with one of the chars being a commisioned character started the problem. I just managed to unintentionally add fuel to the fire. Also the fact that I had joined the discord and started making custom renders there.
As a matter of fact, most of the renders I post here were posted over there before. And of course people were wondering why a rando had the character cards.

Yeah nah, the old cards are unavailable since the redesigns went live. But as far as I'm aware I didn't lose much because the cards from the pack that I was missing were pretty much untouched (Pixie, Kana, Ami, Hana).
If not I might've had to try and butter up an old patron to hand em over (I failed).

Nov 24, 2019
And yeah, I can't be arsed to convert webp to something else.
Just a curiosity, but WebP is already supported by most of the , exception be done for Internet Explorer (which has been replaced with Edge - which do support Google's open source image format "webp" - and Safari, which only recently added support to WebP).

...Well, being a format from Google surely helped WebP to rise in popularity, I guess. However a lot of software, including phpBB, still doesn't comes with WebP available by default (in phpBB case, it can be enabled by adding a line in upload.php declaring WebP existence and then enabling it on the control panel).

4.40 star(s) 231 Votes