SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
5 and 6 are quite literally the neutral values. They are smack dab in the middle of the number line between 1 and 10. Voting 5 or 6 quite literally means you are voting to express that you neither like nor dislike the changes, meaning the changes are neither better nor worse for you. Whether or not you'll "deal with it" is actually represented by both 5 and 6, because they're the neutral values that mean you don't like either model more or less than the other.

Keep in mind that the only reason 5 and 6 are BOTH neutral values is because the true neutral value of 1-10, 5.5, isn't available for selection. It's the same way in which a 1-5 scale's neutral value is 3 because there are an equal count of numbers to either side of greater than and lesser than 3. If you tried to use 5 as the neutral value of a 1-10 scale, you'd have only 4 lesser numbers and 5 greater numbers. If you tried to use 6, you'd have 5 lesser numbers and 4 greater numbers. Technically, 5 is "slightly worse" and 6 is "slightly better", but since these two numbers are both equally close to the real neutral value, individuals will choose between them by whim to be their neutral value - some choosing to make 5 the neutral and some choosing to make 6 the neutral - and there's no way to differentiate between them. Not having this problem is why I prefer 1-9 or 1-5 scales, but that's another story entirely.

To be clear, this means that you're not voting on the quality of the new model, but the quality of the new model in comparison to the quality of the old model. If the old model was already high quality and the comparison entry was voted as a 5 or 6, that means the new model is still just as high quality rather than any better or worse.

People do often have a trend when rating how much they like any particular thing to vote high unless they really dislike it; if I recall, the typical choice for something not disliked being something like 7/10. But this does not typically apply to comparisons. Comparing is a different beast than judging the quality of a singular thing and comes with a different set of biases and psychological idiosyncrasies that might influence the rating given.
Yah. I can tell you that basically, if I liked the new model, even if I didn't think it was necessarily better than the old model, I voted 7ish. Couldn't bring myself to give a lower rating, when I did like the model... I imagine a subset of others did the same.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Oi, did something happen during dev with the cute demon loli or didn't she get any attention yet? :p
I'm guessing you haven't tried 0.7.0 since her old scenes got a lot of attention do to the design rework
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0-alpha-arcgames.31912/post-4190764
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0-alpha-arcgames.31912/post-4207126

If you mean can we give her the same kind of attention as Pixie? Nah there's no headpats, kisses, warm hugs, walks on the beach, or anything new after her secretary scene.

Given the current state of affairs I wouldn't expect anything spectacular this Sunday.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Darth Sidious

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Gathering feedback, probably. I imagine he's between a rock and a hard place right now. Even if people loved the new character looks, considering they've had a while to get used to the old ones, any changes at this point would've been met with some form of criticism. On the other hand simply slightly altering the models wouldn't be enough, I think, because they then would still kind of look like the originals. Or would that actually suffice to avoid this mess? I imagine credit to the original author would still have to be given, if nothing else.
I suppose only he could tell what's happening behind the scenes right now.

ZeroTao

Feb 15, 2019
Ok so i have an issue. Mainly since there is no walkthroughs for the game (i know its not needed). Im having trouble finding 1 of the side girls. And also the Other: One-Shot scene. Of the side girls its the bottom row 2nd from the left. The one between Molly and Renee/Julie. Ive played the game a few times over to try and unlock those 2 scene to see if i have missed them somewhere along the storyline. Ive even followed every single path of the exploration. Can anyone help me unlock them.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Ok so i have an issue. Mainly since there is no walkthroughs for the game (i know its not needed). Im having trouble finding 1 of the side girls. And also the Other: One-Shot scene. Of the side girls its the bottom row 2nd from the left. The one between Molly and Renee/Julie. Ive played the game a few times over to try and unlock those 2 scene to see if i have missed them somewhere along the storyline. Ive even followed every single path of the exploration. Can anyone help me unlock them.
You have a Chastity issue. This is why parents shouldn't name their children after ideals as it just becomes funny later on. Specifically if you keep playing with her then she will let you play with one of the toys she stole from you ;)

This is probably less of a Character Card and more of Eldritch Leads

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Specifically if you keep playing with her then she will let you play with one of the toys she stole from you
That's something that bothered me. I can't be the only one patiently waiting for the day we can turn Chastity into an obedient sleeve. And recover that toy. I liked that toy damn it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: masterdragonson

Varkoo91

Oct 24, 2017
Well i was just about to play this, but you guys say that the characters look terrible now. is it really that bad if you have no comparison to the old characters? Should I wait in case the dev uses the old character models again?

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Well i was just about to play this, but you guys say that the characters look terrible now. is it really that bad if you have no comparison to the old characters? Should I wait in case the dev uses the old character models again?
Be kind and take the survey that CursedFlame91 is conducting on ArcGames behalf
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0-alpha-arcgames.31912/post-4207126

It showcases a few old and new scenes for the characters involved.
There is also CK Compare 0.6.9 to 0.7.0 if you wanted a view of all the assets that changed

The old models aren't coming back. At best you can give your input and get a close compromise or something more in line with what the majority fan base would like.

Some of the Original Artist can be found here
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-6-8-arcgames.31912/post-4080639
While some would probably just like to be credited and get exposure others not so much.
A few of the assets were meant to be exclusives for their respective games.
Some are fan art of other much bigger IP which if they get wind of things might be more tenacious then an artist just saying don't steal my stuff or I'll tell mommy Patreon.

Reactions: Varkoo91

Varkoo91

Oct 24, 2017

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Okay I rated on how good I think the redesigns are in comparison to the previous model. Average score would be a 3-4/10 since some of them look really terrible. Others are okay and a few look a lil bit better.
Thanks! Very interesting to see what a newcomer thinks, as it disproves bias from having been working with the old models since the start-- people don't like change, so that creates a bias.

iron4doves

Dec 28, 2018
In case it interests anyone else, here is the (from subscribestar), and here are one and two comments with 0.6.9 saves.

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Where did you get the koikaku models? Are they from Arc's patreon or did you find the originals?

Now that Arc has changed all models, maybe someone can share the old Kokatsu cards for everyone to download. I posted the ones I found with
CursedFlame91's help, but those are not all.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

FiveThirtyGrazeIt

Jul 19, 2018
I AM NOT A DONOR. I'm broke as shit, and also I haven't played the most recent patch so maybe I'm wrong, also maybe I'm a weird ass (so maybe take all of this with a grain of salt), but honestly it did not look, FROM THE PDF comparison, that much worse overall. Like most of them were either a different style/design or were improvements.

Definitely felt like some of the outfits were much more bland, and clearly someone was rippin' them eyes, cause god damn, so many eye changes (a lot for the blander - which I guess could be for the worse).

Personally I think the only real fuckups were:
Alexa looking squished AF
the DB fiveheadification of Emma and Morgana (Morgana's outfit looks more bland, but outside of those two things she looks better)
Samantha becoming way more bland (vs the old where she was sorta unique)

The rest were either fine/meh, or actually improved. Specifically Lily, Chloe, Madison, and Qarinah were MAJOR improvements, IMHO.
Lily looks hotter/ more UNIQUE
Madison finally looks like a MILF
Qar looks like a fuckin' demon, and not just a loli painted red
Chloe's fuckin head was waaaaay too big before, shit looked wack.

So I'm a little confused by all the bitching. "THEY LOOK FUGLY NOW" What? Outside of specifically Alexa, the rest look almost identical honestly, just all the eyes were changed (which is funny af to me, idk why). So either most of the people who think this was a MAJOR downgrade, not just a redesign not in their favor, are REALLY into eyes, or you guys are bullshiting (aka exaggerating). Like come on, half of these "redesigns" are minor changes to hair and eyes.

Yes the eyes and some of the hairstyles are bland or boring, but not fucking "major downgrade, LITERALLY GAVE ME ED" like fuck off.

I guess this sort of thing is to be expect from a project that's constantly, and consistently updating, but I think it's a bit unhelpful. This is one of maybe a handful of "alpha" games that get real updates consistently, in a sea of abandoned or "not abandoned (last updated 6 months ago)" projects and you guys attack their ass as if they just murdered your ma infront of ya. There's a world of difference between genuine constructive criticism (which any good dev will take by the truck load) and petty bullshit of "gave me ED" this and "fugly" that.

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
Rant because I don't Know changes were done because they had to change ("legal" reasons) not because they thought they were bad.
Ya I agree wish they were more up front about the reason :( would help and be a good thing to do.
We must hope these bad changes will become less bad in future and that they just put out what they could for now and to maybe test the waters, while still knowing they will need further changes.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I AM NOT A DONOR. I'm broke as shit
With the lowest tier being a whole $1 these statements are fun :sneaky: Don't get me wrong I'm sure you be broke (even if you weren't it's your money to spend however you want) but at some point I got to wonder if it wouldn't just be better to harvest you for blood and semen... While that's half a joke there are places that will buy those things (Bloodbanks resell those fluids for a huge markup), some will even give you a cookie afterwards ;)
gsc-dribbble.png

but honestly it did not look, FROM THE PDF comparison
Ah, a problem with the pdf is it doesn't look for the most atrocious scenes and is more to make a decent comparison of the models. Besides for those that have gotten invested (either giving money and/or their time) seeing some of the models change can be jarring. Doesn't help that it's easy to tell that these were rushed with little to no quality assurance.

CursedFlame91
Also fun question, did anybody tell the actual Patrons about this poll? Like the ones on Patreon? I think it's been mentioned only on here and Discord

I guess this sort of thing is to be expect from a project that's constantly, and consistently updating, but I think it's a bit unhelpful.
There is a difference between quantity over quality. Fast updates don't mean much if they are lacking substance and many of the side girls were quick asset flips that didn't take nearly as much time as Arc claimed that they did.

This is one of maybe a handful of "alpha" games that get real updates consistently, in a sea of abandoned or "not abandoned (last updated 6 months ago)" projects and you guys attack their ass as if they just murdered your ma infront of ya.
Funny enough we don't know what happen to the mom :LOL: Some of the girls haven't been updated in over a year but that is the problem when he puts more girls on the pile then he can possibly hope to actually manage. You mostly get frequent updates with Pixie, Jessica, Chloe, and Gwen and that is debatable as some are clearly copy pasty with a mild tweak or set up in such a way that no progress with the story has been made. I miss in Act 1 when there was a clear goal, choices had some weight, and Arc was trying to impress... You know when the Love and Slave routes were still a thing and there was some Hero vs Villain choices baked into the scene so they didn't just snowball into idiocy.

There's a world of difference between genuine constructive criticism (which any good dev will take by the truck load) and petty bullshit of "gave me ED" this and "fugly" that.

4.40 star(s) 231 Votes