masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
People start tinkering with variables and then complain that the game breaks...

There's a reason they give you a money cheat in the laptop.
That is also why some devs add a bit of error handling for variable caps or a catch that tells the player they did a 'no no' :p

Something simple like
Code:
screen cc_pixie_big():
    # Love Max 5, Min 0
    $ pixie_love = max(min(pixie_love, 5), 0)
By now it should be obvious some people will edit values so a few simple checks will at least keep the game from crashing. Sadly putting the code in cards_character.rpy has the psychotic humor of not changing the variable outside the 'screen' so the player won't know they did wrong but the game won't crash either :LOL:

ChingChang

May 13, 2018
Does anyone know how to unlock this scene under the "Apartment Girls" section? Any time I revisit the apartments I just find Samantha standing outside, with the only option being to leave. I suspect it might be the original Samantha scene (which I would've viewed/unlocked quite a few versions ago) and it's bugged out somehow.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Does anyone know how to unlock this scene under the "Apartment Girls" section? Any time I revisit the apartments I just find Samantha standing outside, with the only option being to leave. I suspect it might be the original Samantha scene (which I would've viewed/unlocked quite a few versions ago) and it's bugged out somehow.
It's not so much bugged as after the apartment stops burning that's all there is.

However you could just console it.
Code:
$ persistent.samantha_unlock = 1
$ persistent.samantha_gallery_one = 1
$ renpy.game.persistent._seen_ever["samantha_blowjob_one"] = True
Or just add an extra option to the base though you probably would want to delete this patch later or it will interfere with future Samantha content.

Reactions: ChingChang

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
Do you find it fun when the game breaks for a reason you didn't anticipate.
Then having to go to the forums and ask for help and the only reply you get is "Don't mess with the variables you dimwit"

I might've misinterpreted your comment.
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. Just doing the prepackaged cheats is like coloring in a coloring book as you ain't creative if you simply stay in the designated lines. It's safe and cozy but where's your sense of adventure?

• Haha
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. Just doing the prepackaged cheats is like coloring in a coloring book as you ain't creative if you simply stay in the designated lines. It's safe and cozy but where's your sense of adventure?
I mean... Sure, go ahead, knock your socks off.

The bards will tell the tale of Mr Adventurer, who went in a journey to reach the conclusion that someone else that...
oh, I don't know... actually looked at the code had already figured out.

While you go out of your way to step out of the line, there's other people that go beyond and find out why the lines are there in the first place.

So, for future reference.
The game fucking breaks if you edit the variables. There are some that don't matter at all and are there just to count stuff, there are others that are strongly tied to the story progression so if you modify them you break shit, capisce?

Why the fuck did I get winded about this?

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Why the fuck did I get winded about this?
Why did this remind me of an old song...

Then again I find some of the ID: 10T bugs to be hilarious :geek: It can be rather fun to see internal logic get broken and for all the trouble Arc did to make a Golden Heart he could have just made a shattered heart for when the values are out of bounds.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Then again I find some of the ID: 10T bugs to be hilarious :geek: It can be rather fun to see internal logic get broken and for all the trouble Arc did to make a Golden Heart he could have just made a shattered heart for when the values are out of bounds.
Consider this...

Why in the world would a developer waste time making stuff to mitigate those problems.
They only arise when the user does something they're not supposed to, like tinkering with the variables or installing versions on top of another and forgetting to overwrite all the files.

I seriously don't expect the manufacturer of my laptop to provide support if I decided to open it and poked something I wasn't supposed to and ended up frying the fucking thing.

Anywho, how you've been pal? Haven't talked in a while.

DrakeNot

Oct 11, 2020
Hey guys, I have a question. How to proceed with Madison & Veronica. It says for Madison that I need to be finished with Veronica & for Veronica it says to develop the relation with the mother. I am bit confused & I am unsure what to do next.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Why in the world would a developer waste time making stuff to mitigate those problems.
They only arise when the user does something they're not supposed to, like tinkering with the variables or installing versions on top of another and forgetting to overwrite all the files.
Having the program handle things gracefully shows quality of work. While one can't account for all errors simple ones only take a few moments to handle should be handled.

Take these examples which only took 5 minutes to implement.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Personally I think 1 & 2 behave better.

I seriously don't expect the manufacturer of my laptop to provide support if I decided to open it and poked something I wasn't supposed to and ended up frying the fucking thing.
Oh but they do :devilish: I guess you never had an angry laptop beep profanities at you o_O Time battery died, memory not seated right, no OS found, pot head clogged up the fans, and the list keeps going... :p Because you can make a smarter machine but there will always be some user that will try to out dumb it :geek:

Anywho, how you've been pal? Haven't talked in a while.

So far so good. Maybe I'm a bit of softy since I remember Game Genie, randomly inserting things into memory, and being amused as to what it does. How about yourself?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Having the program handle things gracefully shows quality of work. While one can't account for all errors simple ones only take a few moments to handle should be handled.
Programs should gracefully handle input where there is supposed to be input. I expect a word processor to gracefully handle the user trying to load a corrupted file, not the user writing random data to its allocated memory space.

loveslikewar

Jun 25, 2020
Oh boy, oh man I've uninstalled my 0.5.9 version and thought I could install the updated version if I uninstalled my current version and yet it still showing "app not installed" I no longer possess the 0.5.9 version oh gosh good thing I copied my save file. Am just hoping for miracle at the moment to finally install a updated version while looking for some older version to continue with.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
So you need like sleep with chloe?
Get some love with her and see what happened to her in 0.7.0. This is going to involve Lyx the Goblin Witch so some Exploring is needed. See Chloe in the morning to see if she is ready. After that Pixie's scene should trigger at night with Chloe.

Reactions: MSSenpai03
4.40 star(s) 233 Votes