CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
You make it sound like he wasn't just advertising on here all along. Some developers actually care about the fans while others just try to sell their merch. It's a pirate site and expecting people not to come here for that is mind bonkers insanity :LOL:

Let's be reasonable it happens to every game once it becomes popular enough it's just a matter of does the dev put on their big boy pants and keep fan engagement or scamper off blaming the same 'piracy' that helped promote their brand to begin with when they were starting off as small fries.
I mean, ain't that the point?
Seriously, does any developer have any reason to come here other than to try and get people to throw over money?

That's rethorical, there could be plenty more reasons but that's pretty much the main one.

Maybe I just still have my pink tinted nostalgia glasses, but I do remember Arc used to interact a lot more with the community.
But after looking it up he has not done that since months. Barely came around to post the usual announcements and that's it.
Now, not even that, barely comes around here and there to drop a like on the reviews.

Point is, leaks weren't that common back then. Hell, people here complained when there were leaks, it's just three days.

I guess things change don't they?

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I mean, ain't that the point?
Seriously, does any developer have any reason to come here other than to try and get people to throw over money?
It's the end goal but people tend to like devs that aren't dicks about it. The more people you get aboard the hype train the more likely some of those people will spend money. Just doing a Cartman of "Screw you guys, I'm going home..." doesn't seem like someone that was here for the fans or had any real passion for the project.

Maybe I just still have my pink tinted nostalgia glasses, but I do remember Arc used to interact a lot more with the community.
But after looking it up he has not done that since months. Barely came around to post the usual announcements and that's it.
Now, not even that, barely comes around here and there to drop a like on the reviews.
Speaking of nostalgia I hear Animaniacs is coming back with Pinky and the Brain. But most of the interactions I remember were him promising almost everything under the sun to build up hype then when people started asking when to expect some of these things was the time he started going silent.

Point is, leaks weren't that common back then. Hell, people here complained when there were leaks, it's just three days.
What is the old saying "While the cat's away, the mice will play". After Arc was caught with some piracy it was hard to hold the moral high ground. Most of the anti-piracy guys bailed around that time.

I guess things change don't they?
That they do. Still Arc is doing okay even with the leaks so it's another prophecy the doomsayers got wrong :geek: But I'm sure someone will give the same old song and dance as "Piracy is bad, Mkay"

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
So yeah, if enough people want it and not that many people oppose it, then it might be a thing.
If it's not something too complex to do, like tentacles...
I messed around with the koikatsu character maker and it is possible to change the like overlays for both type of characters(Male and Female) assuming that dude got the latest mods. With this you can basically make a character with the male body in the female maker and the card is identify as a female card. So with this it is easier to rig to the animations in game without having to do much by hand. Although only the anal animations will really look in the least fine. But all of this is possible. So if it don't get added in then the only real reason will be because Arc just don't want it.

• Angry
Reactions: Feletriu

ZugBub9000

Mar 23, 2018
I like how Arc is diligent in updating the game

I want to ask your opinion, is it better to always play the game every time there is a new update or is it better to wait for the game to end then play it?
Personally I wait for a few updates to pass before seeing what's new.

Reactions: ~J&F~

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I messed around with the koikatsu character maker and it is possible to change the like overlays for both type of characters(Male and Female) assuming that dude got the latest mods. With this you can basically make a character with the male body in the female maker and the card is identify as a female card. So with this it is easier to rig to the animations in game without having to do much by hand. Although only the anal animations will really look in the least fine. But all of this is possible. So if it don't get added in then the only real reason will be because Arc just don't want it.
It never was a problem of "being difficult to implement", since you could just grab any anal scene and use some plugin to swap a female model for a male one. I've done it before to "recycle" some futa scenes I found.
No, the problem is more something like "Is it worth it to add this stuff to the game?"

Adding gay stuff to a straight game is a bigger deal than you might think it is.
Trying to appeal to everyone is likely to end up backfiring at some point.

Regardless, it doesn't matter what any of us say. At most I bet he would add traps if enough patrons asked for it.

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
It never was a problem of "being difficult to implement",
For us perhaps but when it come to Arc it's a different story. Anyway I understand everything that you are saying. But this game already got a lot of stuff in it, most of which is optional. So just a few optional gay scenes don't seem like it would cause too much trouble. And anyways how else is the player supposed to make his gramp right if he can't fuck Claire's dad.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I dunno, I like traps if they're girly enough, but they need to be really girly, and I don't remember if the bunny-boy would meet my standards or not for me personally.

Reactions: StarsMan423

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
It never was a problem of "being difficult to implement", since you could just grab any anal scene and use some plugin to swap a female model for a male one. I've done it before to "recycle" some futa scenes I found.
No, the problem is more something like "Is it worth it to add this stuff to the game?"

Adding gay stuff to a straight game is a bigger deal than you might think it is.
Trying to appeal to everyone is likely to end up backfiring at some point.

Regardless, it doesn't matter what any of us say. At most I bet he would add traps if enough patrons asked for it.
If he does, I hope it's optional. Traps are like lolis – some people like them, some people hate them. Unfortunately, traps in a visual-oriented game is barf for me....though I get some people like it.

Like make it optional, as in what they do in Hentai University?? Or a separate mod? Then we can satisfy both sides???

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
If he does, I hope it's optional. Traps are like lolis – some people like them, some people hate them. Unfortunately, traps in a visual-oriented game is barf for me....though I get some people like it.

Like make it optional, as in what they do in Hentai University?? Or a separate mod? Then we can satisfy both sides???
Yeah I wouldn't compare... well anything to lolis, but I get the message. Femboys aren't universally loved and can put some people off, like unclothed sex or more likely incest. So I understand all of what you're saying and agree with most of it.

But to be honest, the guys don't have to be feminine.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Yeah I wouldn't compare... well anything to lolis, but I get the message. Femboys aren't universally loved and can put some people off, like unclothed sex or more likely incest. So I understand all of what you're saying and agree with most of it.

But to be honest, the guys don't have to be feminine.
Well, I am a general [anime-only] lolicon, so I do compare lots of niche, unusual fetishes to the loli fetish.....

Seems like you're not a fellow loli lover, but please don't hate on us and we good;)

We all have our preferences, we all have our opinions, but no one is every allowed to discriminate against people different from themselves:)

Sep 4, 2017
I can't save my progress, I keep getting this error.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Could not pickle <module 'time' (built-in)>. (perhaps renpy.game.log.log[17].stores['store']['time'] = <module 'time' (built-in)>)"

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
change log
PATRON RELEASE v0.7.8!

The weekly update has been released!
This update is available to ALL Patrons, with the public build being released in a few days.

A bit of a shorter "setup" update this week, as things ramp up for Madison and Veronica and you move closer to uncovering the truth behind Roxy's desolate world. What secrets lie beneath the sand? Cue ominous music! I hope you enjoy! :)

CHANGELOG:

Roxy: New Story Event!
Veronica: New Story Event!
Madison: New Story Event!
Madison: New Outfit - "Fancy!"
Bug: Chloe's panties no longer fade in and out of existence during her Organisation Outfit naughty scenes. The time fracture has been stabilised!
Bug: Fixed an overflowing Roxy hint. I think it went molten
Bug: Usual typo and grammatical fixes

I hope you enjoy this week's update! Next Patron update will be next Sunday, 22nd of November.

Reactions: OverLord gamer
4.40 star(s) 233 Votes