QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Honestly, I've heard so many complaints about the android version breaking some way or another.
*sigh*
It's not like he can stop making the android version, would lose a decent sized chunk of the audience.
The main issue with android is that the OS simply isn't designed for playing actual real games. It's an OS that is designed for mobile devices at a time when wireless internet was NOT the norm and hard drives on those things resembled 90's PC drives. And it shows.

Thus it is that for many technical reasons forcing a real game with lots of content such as this one onto android is basically comparable to solving one of .

Your options are either to be very smart and careful or just very, very strong.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The main issue with android is that the OS simply isn't designed for playing actual real games. It's an OS that is designed for mobile devices at a time when wireless internet was NOT the norm and hard drives on those things resembled 90's PC drives. And it shows.

Thus it is that for many technical reasons forcing a real game with lots of content such as this one onto android is basically comparable to solving one of .

Your options are either to be very smart and careful or just very, very strong.
You're kidding, right? Go to the 'games' section of the app store. You'll find fully 3d games rendered in HD, android devices are very capable of high performance gaming, the Renpy implementations are just shit.

Reactions: gnuh and User1230

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
You're kidding, right? Go to the 'games' section of the app store. You'll find fully 3d games rendered in HD, android devices are very capable of high performance gaming, the Renpy implementations are just shit.
They are capable NOW. But they weren't when the OS standards were designed. And those OS standards have stuck until today. That's why you have stuff like the maximum size of files you can fit for an exe on android. Unity games have the same problem where some of the games I am following now have to drop android because they are simply too large and can't compress any further.

The situation is quite remeniscent of the 2GB RAM per program limitation on 32 bit windows. If you are old enough to remember it. A limitation that was in fact quite sensible when it was implemented back in 1993 but hardware changed and windows didn't.

It's a sad fact but one so common that we in the industry have a name for it, technical debt.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: CursedFlame91

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
What good would that poll do either way?
It's fun to see other peoples opinions. Terrible_Writing_Advice1.png

Do you think the average Joe would know what any of those options mean?
tenor.png
That's mean... how about
i-like-big-files-and-i-cannot-lie.jpg
Bigger files means better quality. To reduce size for pictures you loose something like when jpeg makes images darker or audio looses some of the subtle ambiance.

Yeah, sure. Of course anyone given the option would choose higher fidelity stuff.
Anyone with cheap speakers from the Dollar Tree are likely not going to care. Same for android users with like 2 gb of total memory :KEK: You would think if their phones can't handle visuals that they would at least want the audio to be good. Instead of mp3 they could have used ogg and kept it around 128 which is old napster quality.

But did you mention the difference in file size between each option (specially on Android)?
How much longer it would take for them to download the game each update?
Did you consider that not everyone even has the proper audio equipment to tell the fucking difference?
I have to wonder how big the Android user base is...
8qz64ani9vw11.png

Fuck it, at least put up a sample for each one of them, would ya?
That my good sir I can do, well I could if there was higher quality to scale down from :HideThePain:
Eh, fuck it... I'll use the rar file provided earlier
Love - Benjamin Tissot.mp3
Size 12.8
Length 5:36
Quality 320kbps

Converted to ogg
audio_list.png

However is the argument really because not everyone has nice things so no one should have nice things? Lowest common denominator?

Either way, I don't give a rat's ass about this whole audio kerfuffle, it just baffled me that back in the day (0.7.4 and before) the images and videos were 590MB and the audio was 424MB just by itself.
What's the point of having high quality audio and mid-low quality visuals?
Give_a_Rat_s_Ass_coin_-_zero_fucks_given_grande.jpg
I've got a couple TB on a ssd, with a sound bar, and a flashy 4k monitor but the experience gets downgraded because someone has 2 GB storage, ear buds they got for a buck, and a 5x2" screen. Some people like compressing things down to shit while others would have it bloated like a fat pig but the option to choose would be delightful.

Even if I did care about the audio being compressed, went to make a proper poll for this type of shit.
I know for certain the poll would do abso-fucking-lutely nothing... Learned that the last time.
You share your opinion with like minded individuals and make a few friends along the way. Not everything has to have some convoluted grand master plan :WeSmart:

Time to tap out, already hear the moderators coming...

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
The whole thing is moot anyway as different sounds have different minimum requirements for quality. It's the same as with textures. A coin does not need to have the same sort of texture quality as the face of the character flipping it. And equally something like background music or dialogue (if this game had any) has much different requirements than general sound effects. So pick what's best for what you're making.

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
The whole thing is moot anyway as different sounds have different minimum requirements for quality. It's the same as with textures. A coin does not need to have the same sort of texture quality as the face of the character flipping it. And equally something like background music or dialogue (if this game had any) has much different requirements than general sound effects. So pick what's best for what you're making.
Tell that to a coin collector and you'll have hours of entertainment :p But this is just pointless fun as we are all far disconnected of the actual development decisions.

To be fair that's why a lot of games offer the option to uplift the connoisseurs from the common rabble. This includes old movies that have been rereleased in hd since someone had a smart idea to preserve the master copy before formatting it to fit on an old vhs tape.

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
Got this error as I’ve tried to play .94 with my .91 saves. I’m using the .94 compressed alpha version.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a renpy error. Your save was from renpy 7.4 while you are using renpy 7.3.
I think the error is safe to ignore, if not try extracting the renpy files and not just the game folder.

ju49

Feb 22, 2020
yo !
Sorry for the grammar.
I have some problem with the leads.
With the eldritch key (think backwards); i already done it but it does'nt count it as finished and i have the same issue with the org passcard lead, is this a bug ?

criestoomuch

Oct 22, 2020
Shouldn't there be a NTR tag above?
Technically, yes. But, the NTR tag on this sight usually refers to MC losing his woman or the corruption of a female MC. Not the MC stealing someone else's lover. And the times you tell the girls to have sex with another man don't get MC excited. So, I think they'd be "sharing" if they were shown. But, they're not and that (as far I know) goes a very long way in what tags a game/VN receives.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Technically, yes. But, the NTR tag on this sight usually refers to MC losing his woman or the corruption of a female MC. Not the MC stealing someone else's lover. And the times you tell the girls to have sex with another man don't get MC excited. So, I think they'd be "sharing" if they were shown. But, they're not and that (as far I know) goes a very long way in what tags a game/VN receives.
There are a lot of games here with ntr tag and are about the NC stealing.
It can also help for those who openly look for this kind of stuff.

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
Shouldn't there be a NTR tag above?
Unlikely but you could try reporting a tag correction. There aren't any scenes that involve other men so it's which is stealing someone else's woman. It was teased about jealous husbands and lovers but like many things nothing ever came of it.

Could change by 2025

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Well there was the time Luna was seen with her son Nuli, even though the internal memos call him her son it's not "cannon" CursedFlame91 :p .
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-4-arcgames.31912/post-4160254

However the scene is so brief it would be a disappointment to anyone who really wanted NTR.

• Hey there
Reactions: CursedFlame91

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
It's really a fucking mess when people just use the term NTR but don't specify which one of them.
Netori > You steal someone else's partner.
Netorare > A partner is stolen from you.

Right, but this site doesn't have those tags. If we go by this tag list then we can see that the tags used here are.

Cheating [A significant other having sex with someone other than their partner.]
Ntr [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]

This game is not supposed to have netorare, it has been stated by Arc before and he knows adding that would cause a major shitstorm (WHO THE FUCK ADDS NETORARE IN A HAREM GAME?)

Although...
Yes, when you meet Luna you catch her having sex with one of her so- male subjects.
And the only scene with Chastity is actually you finding an old sex tape of her, again, having sex with someone else other than the MC.
Also there's some choices where you can ask some girls to "use their bodies" to persuade someone else, it's just text and the choice doesn't have any lasting effects.

Are those explicitly designed to cause jealousy? Eh, idk.
There's probably some folks that would flip their shit if every single one of the girls wasn't a virgin before they met the MC.

But to summarize, this game isn't focused in netorare.
Netori on the other hand... Yeah, the MC has a thing for milfs with shitty husbands.

Minor display bug:
When you give Molly the ingredients, it keeps showing Roxy while Molly's talking
Already caught and will be fixed on the next version.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
No, for netori people usually use the cheating tag. The ntr tag in this forum is used for netorare.
This is confusing...I thought netori and netorare were the same thing.
The MC is the one stealing using mind control, so doesn't that count?
Isn't NTR just a general term for stealing regardless who does it?

4.40 star(s) 233 Votes