fluiX

Mar 6, 2021
anyway to change the resolution or graphic setting in general they seem kinda low to me from what i can see from other screenshots

• Thinking Face
Reactions: girdeyordo

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
anyway to change the resolution or graphic setting in general they seem kinda low to me from what i can see from other screenshots
The assets are in 720p.
The music has a degree of compression.

Is Arc going to release a version with uncompressed/higher resolution assets some day?
Probably not.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Kinda a shame since he could easily shill that for mo money :ROFLMAO:
It's mostly because he can't be arsed.
Like, plenty of times he has complained that his internet is complete garbage.
Still can't get him to make a fuckng itch.io for the game, he's losing audience there and doesn't realize it. Some folks got into the game because someone else had published the game there before but it has been taken down.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
It's mostly because he can't be arsed.
Like, plenty of times he has complained that his internet is complete garbage.
Still can't get him to make a fuckng itch.io for the game, he's losing audience there and doesn't realize it. Some folks got into the game because someone else had published the game there before but it has been taken down.
An excuse for convenience :sneaky: But sure he can upload a gig every week (more since he does it like 3 times), sometimes more since he never did get the concept of updates especially if he made a small typo, however higher quality nah that's poppy cock. Not to mention the

Wasn't so long ago that the audio was all in 320 bitrate
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-4-arcgames.31912/post-4644180

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CursedFlame91

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
An excuse for convenience :sneaky: But sure he can upload a gig every week, sometimes more since he never did get the concept of updates especially if he made a small typo, however higher quality nah that's poppy cock.

https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-4-arcgames.31912/post-4644180
I know... I told him to compress the audio.

Shaved off 300MB and thus far only one or two wankers have complained, the rest didn't even notice and some actually welcomed the fact that they would have to download a game 300MB lighter.

At least the audio is easy to restore to its former glory if you have an old version of the game somewhere. Just plunk the old .\audio folder inside the .\game folder and you're good to go.

The images? The videos?
They've never been high res as far as I'm aware, I don't think Arc even makes them high res and then downscales them, straight up 720p out the oven.

It's a mess, since he would have to go and re-render those scenes again and he would probably have to fix some shit around because a koikatsu plugin went bonkers or some shit.

Also the fucking lighting, inconsistent as all hell, looks like he discovered one style of scene lighting and has never stopped using it since. It's kinda jarring, the clearest example is the scene on Sunday morning where you catch Alice making breakfast, it looks like her presence causes the entire game to get some weird instagram filter or something. Eh, nothing I can do about that either.

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
I know... I told him to compress the audio.
You must really hate audiophiles, what did we ever do to you?
Audiophile-Sympathy-753x423.jpg

The images? The videos?
They've never been high res as far as I'm aware, I don't think Arc even makes them high res and then downscales them, straight up 720p out the oven.

It's a mess, since he would have to go and re-render those scenes again and he would probably have to fix some shit around because a koikatsu plugin went bonkers or some shit.
AI is getting good enough that they can be enlarged to look decent. had something about using one in their discord. It really makes the old game they are working on look much better!

Still this shouldn't be rocket science, if he realizes wallpaper should be in 4k then what makes him think that some would not like the game in the same resolution? Hero's Harem Guild at least offers a superior version.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Also the fucking lighting, inconsistent as all hell, looks like he discovered one style of scene lighting and has never stopped using it since. It's kinda jarring, the clearest example is the scene on Sunday morning where you catch Alice making breakfast, it looks like her presence causes the entire game to get some weird instagram filter or something. Eh, nothing I can do about that either.
So, that's what that is. I thought it was something on my end.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
The images? The videos?
I think Arc started using webp sometime around v0.2.4 though I didn't retain versions that far back.
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-4-arcgames.31912/post-2442606

Then every so often a few of the images would break do to the compression :sneaky: Way before Arc updated renpy...
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-4-arcgames.31912/post-2472057

Pretty much if he didn't retain a Master Copy then as girdeyordo said some A.I. enhancement software would be needed. That would likely inflate the game to around 10GB if not 20GB

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CursedFlame91

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
You must really hate audiophiles{...}
1617814656344.png
Jokes aside, how many people playing this game even cared about the audio being compressed?
Like I said, one or two wankers.

AI is getting good enough that they can be enlarged to look decent{...}
Cool.

Still this shouldn't be rocket science, if he realizes wallpaper should be in 4k then what makes him think that some would not like the game in the same resolution? Hero's Harem Guild at least offers a superior version.
Just imagine if every asset in the game was in 4k. Aside from the fact that it wouldn't look that good either way (It's koikatsu after all) the file size would be huge. Honestly, maybe after the game is finished a higher fidelity version could be released, but with weekly updates? Yeeeeah, nah.

So, that's what that is. I thought it was something on my end.
I sincerely wonder if he's ever going to remake some stuff so it's more consistent, it's really off-putting sometimes when the lighting suddenly changes.

I think Arc started using webp sometime around v0.2.4 though I didn't retain versions that far back.
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-4-arcgames.31912/post-2442606
I do, they're PNG but still they're 720p.
I have 0.1.4 and 0.2.2, could've kept more versions but couldn't be arsed to.
The videos were webm back then too.

Then every so often a few of the images would break do to the compression :sneaky: Way before Arc updated renpy...
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-4-arcgames.31912/post-2472057
I wasn't that involved with the game back then, but the post you linked mentions that he was an idiot and messed up the filenames.

The problem that happened now, from updating the engine was that some images were indeed broken, but somehow the game loaded them just fine before 7.4.x.
If you went and used unrpa and went to check the images some of them wouldn't load in the image viewers.
I checked, some of them loaded with specific software, some of them didn't. (FastStone loaded them fine, but IrfanView didn't)
Like, paint.net didn't load the image, said it wasn't a proper webp file.
So I loaded it in Photoshop, some loaded fine, some didn't.
Exported the image as PNG (because fuck you Adobe)
Loaded the PNG on Paint.net and exported as webp.
Put it back where it belonged and it worked fine ingame.
What the everloving fuck?

Also apparently the skipping thing with screens was an issue of Tom fixing a bug, but apparently plenty of games were using that as a feature.
I'm not sure this is modal not working - a pause is supposed to take priority over a shown screen, as things like click go on top. This was a bug fix, but it looks like a number of games are dependent on the bug.

Let me see if I can figure out some sort of compaitibility mode so that you don't have to make major changes.

Pretty much if he didn't retain a Master Copy then as girdeyordo said some A.I. enhancement software would be needed. That would likely inflate the game to around 10GB if not 20GB
I think he just renders them out at 720p. He might keep around the scene files for koikatsu but apparently after the old hard drive died he ended up losing some shit along the way.

Hey, might aswell put them videos on that AI thingy so the animations are running at 60fps :ROFLMAO:.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Since poll man likes polls here is one

Still there is a difference between compressed and compressed to shit :rolleyes: Really 56 is below radio quality
What good would that poll do either way?
Do you think the average Joe would know what any of those options mean?

Yeah, sure. Of course anyone given the option would choose higher fidelity stuff.

But did you mention the difference in file size between each option (specially on Android)?
How much longer it would take for them to download the game each update?
Did you consider that not everyone even has the proper audio equipment to tell the fucking difference?

Fuck it, at least put up a sample for each one of them, would ya?

Either way, I don't give a rat's ass about this whole audio kerfuffle, it just baffled me that back in the day (0.7.4 and before) the images and videos were 590MB and the audio was 424MB just by itself.
What's the point of having high quality audio and mid-low quality visuals?

Even if I did care about the audio being compressed, went to make a proper poll for this type of shit.
I know for certain the poll would do abso-fucking-lutely nothing... Learned that the last time.

Time to tap out, already hear the moderators coming...

antiv

Aug 17, 2018
An excuse for convenience :sneaky: But sure he can upload a gig every week (more since he does it like 3 times), sometimes more since he never did get the concept of updates especially if he made a small typo, however higher quality nah that's poppy cock. Not to mention the streaming

you do know that arc only uploads twice a week o wait your on f95 you dont care about that

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
you do know that arc only uploads twice a week o wait your on f95 you dont care about that
Depends if he actually uploads fixes between versions. While rare it does happen from time to time.
So for PC/Linux, Mac, and Android uploaded 2 times over is *drum roll* 6 GB. They generally upload Patreon version on Sunday then the Free Version on Wednesday (which they generally just copy the Patreon links) so it is weekly, then times 4 is 24 GB . This is from someone complaining they don't have the bandwidth for it while currently making $6,219 per month.

Though you are right I'm on F95Zone and so are you :p Or was this jab suppose to mean something?

Last edited:

antiv

Aug 17, 2018
Depends if he actually uploads fixes between versions. While rare it does happen from time to time.
So for PC/Linux, Mac, and Android uploaded 2 times over is *drum roll* 6 GB. They generally upload Patreon version on Sunday then the Free Version on Wednesday (which they generally just copy the Patreon links) so it is weekly, then times 4 is 24 GB . This is from someone complaining they don't have the bandwidth for it while currently making $6,219 per month.

Though you are right I'm on F95Zone and so are you :p Or was this jab suppose to mean something?
My guess is that you use f95 to pirate CK since you support Zimon

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
My guess is that you use f95 to pirate CK since you support Zimon
You know you can go to your username up on the right hand side, select Connected accounts, then link your patreon account to here so it shows what devs you are supporting too. Or get a fan signature if you are poor and want to display your love for a creator.

Oh wait... Pirate boy be preaching on a pirate site :rolleyes:
Arc's CK icon used to be displayed under my name before v0.7.0 happened. There is a reason why I dropped it.

Jan 7, 2021
What good would that poll do either way?
Do you think the average Joe would know what any of those options mean?

Yeah, sure. Of course anyone given the option would choose higher fidelity stuff.
About the same as the poll when the models got reworked. It's pointless fan fair for the shits and giggles :D

But did you mention the difference in file size between each option (specially on Android)?
Because of Androids the PC master race can't have nice things...
maxresdefault.jpg

4.40 star(s) 233 Votes