Marphey

May 13, 2019
Actually, kinda....is?
The original didn't care for her Little sister and only did so after the MC ordered her, so it's more or less fake love to appeal to the MC, ain't it?

I mean, I can train a parrot to say I love you, but that doesn't hmean he'll actually love you.

Yeah, you're right...just like someone stated before, the Fay did a lot of evil as well, which could make some of the actions by organization seem almost justified...
So in the end, both sides are kinda evil...

And about his victims, he only cares about them cause their personalities were altered to appeal more to him, so it makes sense.
He probably wouldn't give two shits about the original personalities.
It's not simple as comparing this to parrot. Parrot is bird who can only mimic certain phrases, with Chloe it's more like entering to the same territory as games like Detroit: Became human, Mass Effect etc. which is "are machines that were programed to have emotions actually have real emotions or not?" Chloe has been ordered to love her sister like she did before the incident which she does. For all tense and purposes she does really love her and has personality. Also if you choose to MC feels completly guilty over the whole thing because it was accident he didn't meant to destroy her soul.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Actually, kinda....is?
The original didn't care for her Little sister and only did so after the MC ordered her, so it's more or less fake love to appeal to the MC, ain't it?

I mean, I can train a parrot to say I love you, but that doesn't hmean he'll actually love you.
The way I understood it she does actually act in a way completely consistent with actually loving her due to mind control.
My point was simply that the reason why someone acts the way they do is irrelevant as you can only measure actions and not motives.

Yeah, you're right...just like someone stated before, the Fay did a lot of evil as well, which could make some of the actions by organization seem almost justified...
So in the end, both sides are kinda evil...
And at the end of the day I'll be more than happy to put Morgana in that same hell as them.

And about his victims, he only cares about them cause their personalities were altered to appeal more to him, so it makes sense.
He probably wouldn't give two shits about the original personalities.
I don't know. I mean, the MC could be using his power to enslave people and he isn't. That alone tells you something. And in some cases such as with Kana or Pixie or the Ninja girls or whats her name (the rock elemental girl, I forget) there is little to no alteration required either. So I feel the MC is definitively capable of if not good at least "not evil".

I mean, ultimately there seems to be different degrees to his power. You have the outright mindbreak level stuff he used on Gwen and Cloe and than you have the gentle push that is more or less the equivalent of having a couple drinks to loosen ones inhibitions. And everything in between. And the way the MC uses those in different scenarios it's clear that he has some shall we say preferences towards some girls over others. Although seem to be inversely proportionate to how much he needs them as a tool for his goals. Which makes sense.

I feel like I'm being to negative with my comments...
If so, I'd like to apologize. Wasn't really meaning to, just some random shit on my mind.
I don't see anything negative in what we are doing. We are discussing the motivations of the characters and the underlying themes of a work of literature. Kind of like the stuff we used to do in school only for a work of literature that is actually of high quality for once.

The fact this game has a story strong enough to motivate such analysis speaks to its quality.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
The way I understood it she does actually act in a way completely consistent with actually loving her due to mind control.
My point was simply that the reason why someone acts the way they do is irrelevant as you can only measure actions and not motives.

And at the end of the day I'll be more than happy to put Morgana in that same hell as them.

I don't know. I mean, the MC could be using his power to enslave people and he isn't. That alone tells you something. And in some cases such as with Kana or Pixie or the Ninja girls or whats her name (the rock elemental girl, I forget) there is little to no alteration required either. So I feel the MC is definitively capable of if not good at least "not evil".

I mean, ultimately there seems to be different degrees to his power. You have the outright mindbreak level stuff he used on Gwen and Cloe and than you have the gentle push that is more or less the equivalent of having a couple drinks to loosen ones inhibitions. And everything in between. And the way the MC uses those in different scenarios it's clear that he has some shall we say preferences towards some girls over others. Although seem to be inversely proportionate to how much he needs them as a tool for his goals. Which makes sense.

I don't see anything negative in what we are doing. We are discussing the motivations of the characters and the underlying themes of a work of literature. Kind of like the stuff we used to do in school only for a work of literature that is actually of high quality for once.

The fact this game has a story strong enough to motivate such analysis speaks to its quality.
Gotta admit. I don't really usually expect long discourses on morality at this site. Especially for a game that is far from the worst. So to speak. It's interesting.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Gotta admit. I don't really usually expect long discourses on morality at this site. Especially for a game that is far from the worst. So to speak. It's interesting.
Yeah, discussions aabout morality and ones personality aare kinda rare.

Morally it's kinda clear that the MC is an anti villain (or anti hero?) against bigger villains, who pursues a goal and is ready to use anything and anyone to achieve it all the while still having some sympathetic.

When it comes to mind control, it's kind of like I feel a question of identify.
If you change someone's mind, is it still the same person?

Kinda reminds me of that Ship of Theseus question.
If you take a ship, replace every old piece of wood and nail of it for a new one till every bit was replaced, is it still the same ship?

So like...if you destruction someone's mind and replace it with a new one, is it still tthe same person?

BUT I am REALLY not smart enough for these things...

• Haha
Reactions: jadih96207

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019

Morally it's kinda clear that the MC is an anti villain (or anti hero?) against bigger villains, who pursues a goal and is ready to use anything and anyone to achieve it all the while still having some sympathetic.

If you take a ship, replace every old piece of wood and nail of it for a new one till every bit was replaced, is it still the same ship?

So like...if you destruction someone's mind and replace it with a new one, is it still tthe same person?

Hmm... Well for my part, he starts out just reacting to survive. The 1st two he enslaves would of killed him if he hadn't of done something, and he didn't fully understand/control his powers at the time. Now he could try to release them from this hold, but that would put him straight back in danger again. Similar with his Aunt. In fact the only truly dark bit for me is the college. Although the family is tied up in bad stuff, I don't think he ever actually had to interact with them. And the plans he seems to have for the students are definitely wrong. As for the Theseus question, I would say that would only possibly apply to Gwen. Chloe is heavily suppressed but shows flashes of her true self, so is still buried in there. And the Aunt, Veronica and Madison are manipulated/controlled but mostly still there. Chloe is harder to tell. She may of been completely re-written.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Hmm... Well for my part, he starts out just reacting to survive. The 1st two he enslaves would of killed him if he hadn't of done something, and he didn't fully understand/control his powers at the time. Now he could try to release them from this hold, but that would put him straight back in danger again. Similar with his Aunt. In fact the only truly dark bit for me is the college. Although the family is tied up in bad stuff, I don't think he ever actually had to interact with them. And the plans he seems to have for the students are definitely wrong. As for the Theseus question, I would say that would only possibly apply to Gwen. Chloe is heavily suppressed but shows flashes of her true self, so is still buried in there. And the Aunt, Veronica and Madison are manipulated/controlled but mostly still there. Chloe is harder to tell. She may of been completely re-written.
Hm..well not really kill, they were just underlings orders to guard him.

As for the release part, he could've just simply controlled them to forget about him or lie, probably even give them new personalities where they would have normal lives without going back to the organization.
could even use them as spies maybe?

And about that ttrue self part, makes one wonder what even is one's true self.
Just because we have inner desires doesn't mean that's who we really are.
Some are into rape, lolis and stuff, that doesn't make them rapists or pedophiles.
We indulge them in fantasy cause we know in reality that it's wwrong.

And the old Gwen is definitely gone, I doupt her old self will ever return.
Though it would be interesting to bring her back and make her actually face the consequences of her actions, maybe give some character ddevelopment or something.

Reactions: Noctiuagus

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
Hm..well not really kill, they were just underlings orders to guard him.

As for the release part, he could've just simply controlled them to forget about him or lie, probably even give them new personalities where they would have normal lives without going back to the organization.
could even use them as spies maybe?

And about that ttrue self part, makes one wonder what even is one's true self.
Just because we have inner desires doesn't mean that's who we really are.
Some are into rape, lolis and stuff, that doesn't make them rapists or pedophiles.
We indulge them in fantasy cause we know in reality that it's wwrong.

And the old Gwen is definitely gone, I doupt her old self will ever return.
Though it would be interesting to bring her back and make her actually face the consequences of her actions, maybe give some character ddevelopment or something.
From his perspective, not escaping would of been a death sentence, so I still say it was dominate or die. As for releasing them, he had to be certain that his powers held. Remember still all new. What he did to Gwen was largely uncontrolled, so she is what she is regardless. Releasing her would be a greater risk and reprogramming her is no improvement on what as already been done. It would still be him deciding who and what she is. And if he tried to reprogram her and send her back to the organisation, there would be the very significant risk that the changes would be recognised by them and then he would be in danger again.

With regards to the control/manipulation of the Aunt and others and true self, while what you say about inner desires is fair enough, that's not quite what I'm getting at. Chloe, in those few occasions where her true self does briefly re-assert itself isn't just expressing some inner desire that she would never act on. If released she would totally still act on them. Her true self is still there, it's just been over-ridden by the shell construct personality that the mc forced on her. And Veronica, Madison and the Aunt haven't been over-written either. In reality only very limited aspects of them are being controlled (Their reactions to the mc) and while I would agree that makes their decisions not their own and a theft of free will, the individuals haven't been destroyed. They are still there and everything done to them can be undone. The mc could remove the controls, without having to re-write anything in their personalities and they would go back to being themselves (although probably traumatised by the experience). Except for Gwen...

Reactions: GraveXMachina

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
From his perspective, not escaping would of been a death sentence, so I still say it was dominate or die. As for releasing them, he had to be certain that his powers held. Remember still all new. What he did to Gwen was largely uncontrolled, so she is what she is regardless. Releasing her would be a greater risk and reprogramming her is no improvement on what as already been done. It would still be him deciding who and what she is. And if he tried to reprogram her and send her back to the organisation, there would be the very significant risk that the changes would be recognised by them and then he would be in danger again.

With regards to the control/manipulation of the Aunt and others and true self, while what you say about inner desires is fair enough, that's not quite what I'm getting at. Chloe, in those few occasions where her true self does briefly re-assert itself isn't just expressing some inner desire that she would never act on. If released she would totally still act on them. Her true self is still there, it's just been over-ridden by the shell construct personality that the mc forced on her. And Veronica, Madison and the Aunt haven't been over-written either. In reality only very limited aspects of them are being controlled (Their reactions to the mc) and while I would agree that makes their decisions not their own and a theft of free will, the individuals haven't been destroyed. They are still there and everything done to them can be undone. The mc could remove the controls, without having to re-write anything in their personalities and they would go back to being themselves (although probably traumatised by the experience). Except for Gwen...
True...and fair enough.

As I said, I'm not that smart to fully get some of these things.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

The way I see it someone who's been Awakened is the same person with an altered outlook, whereas someone who's been Shattered isn't the same person. But that doesn't mean that she isn't a person, even if she has little personality of her own at the moment. I think that we'll see her developing more of one as time passes, that's a trope I've seen a fair bit of, the emotionless girl after some trauma who grows into a new identity.

Reactions: GraveXMachina

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
The way I see it someone who's been Awakened is the same person with an altered outlook, whereas someone who's been Shattered isn't the same person. But that doesn't mean that she isn't a person, even if she has little personality of her own at the moment. I think that we'll see her developing more of one as time passes, that's a trope I've seen a fair bit of, the emotionless girl after some trauma who grows into a new identity.
A nice optimistic look on it.

I think someone before best described and compared it to being drunk, basically in a different state of mind an"altered" view on things.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Someone ought to place the "bar in the morning" answer for the charisma question in the first post (not that they'll read it anyway though). If I keep doing any more shots every time it's asked I will never see the release of the full game.

gaiusswornn

Jun 18, 2020
That event was added in v0.2.9, if I remember correctly, as part of the "kind-of-but-not-really-halloween-update" along with the Pixie event that procs if you put all the halloween decorations in your room and go to sleep :)

To anyone wondering, the Chloe/Alice halloween event triggers if Jessica's Love is at 3 and you visit Chloe's room any weekend morning. It unlocks a new outfit for Chloe, too.

I'm wondering if you planning that Chloe able to revert to her old either by appearance or personalities but still bound by shatter command? Maybe via kind of plot story or potion that not only suppressing her Fey inner side but able to revert to original form and still retain her Fey power temporary? It's not i don't like Chloe fey-tomboy form now, i do like her from very start regardless any form(even i attracted by her when see some fan sigs before knowing the game) but i miss the old Chloe and oh boi old Chloe on white blouse is damn beautiful and its really matching for both her clothes & appearance! Could you make so by any chances? please do if possible. Thanks in advance for awesome game you created!:love:(y)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jadih96207
Feb 23, 2021
Seem like i cant progress Chloe's quest. The game say i need to make sure the Goblin Witch is the real deal, but when i go talk to the Goblin Witch, she just say that she doesnt need anything from me at all.
Anyone know how to fix this ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ninjahotsprings

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Fantastic to finally get some juicy Anne content albeit very little of it (is she not literally the first character to get exact same sex scenes when pregnant as to when she is not albeit with bigger belly?). Feel she really got the short end of the stick there so ideally will get more scenes soon and maybe another costume or two (in fact several of the characters would benefit from more). Not sure whats next for the game as to whether it will start going back to the Nexus characters getting their stories expanded upon (they are by far the most interesting in the game), whether the dev will turn next to Chloe and our fave Yandere regarding getting their overdue pregnancy content out of the way or whether we will be surprised by a return to expanding the more side character stuff like the Kunoichi ninjas and the likes.

4.40 star(s) 233 Votes