Aug 16, 2016
Thanks!

Hmm... I think I can see it, although might need a good deal of self-suggestion to work. Helps that Koikatu "males" barely count.
Nothing a good big dose of "corruption" won't solve!

Would also be fun to have him dance in the club in skimpy girly clothes (with some magic/"cosplay" handwave to hide his non human traits).
Tho overall he may need some "training" to accept his new lot in life... maybe a dungeon would be of help. :sneaky:

nos4r3

Mar 20, 2018
I haven't touched this game in a while, can someone tell me how to fill up empty room in manor? i saw in some update that some girl can move in but don't know how to do that

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Is it just me, or is each update getting smaller and smaller in terms of content? The early part of the game had massive updates, and a ton of content, while it feels like every one of the updates for the last... year or so, has been 1-2 "events", each being really more of a scene.
Like, I jumped from version 10.0 there to 10.8, and I caught up on everything I missed in about 20 minutes. At one point I was going to donate to the dev, but I'm starting to really feel like they don't care about the project any more. For the amount of money they're getting, you'd think they'd be able to commit more than 5 minutes of content per update...
It seems to be a pattern. The last update was one actual event for one character and three one second animation loops. It took two or two and a half weeks for that? If this game did update at the same pace as others around here you would see just how little actual content is added per update. It would maybe be four events a month and probably a few minute of content.

I'm not pointing fingers at the Dev, but this one has much much less content provided per update than any other game I follow on this site. I'm a bit of a cynic so to me it seems the number of updates is used to hide the actual lack of content in said updates.

Last edited:

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I haven't touched this game in a while, can someone tell me how to fill up empty room in manor? i saw in some update that some girl can move in but don't know how to do that
After fixing the east wing, you can ask Jessica's friends to move in after you've seen their second event.
If you did, ask Jessica in the kitchen during the morning about them.
And recently you can invite some of Morgana's staff members after progressing far enough on the FEY lead.

Hol up...I took a break and didn't play some of the newest updates...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you want to, yes.

Reactions: nos4r3

Drogorn

Jun 24, 2018
It seems to be a pattern. The last update was one actual event for one character and three one second animation loops. It took two or two and a half weeks for that? If this game did update at the same pace as others around here you would see just how little actual contend is added per update. It would maybe be four event a month and probably a few minute of content.

I'm not pointing fingers at the Dev, but this one has much much less content provided per update than any other game I follow on this site. I'm a bit of a cynic so to me it seems the number of updated is used to hide the actual lack of content in said updates.
Hell, a pretty telling thing for this game, is I remember when it got started. The entirety of chapter/whatever 1 was finished in a couple months, and is a TON of plot. We've spent much, MUCH longer in the second segment of the game now, and we STILL have less actual plot happening.

Many of the updates for this game as things like "New story added for Organisation!", and then the actual update is 30 lines of dialogue with an organisation person. I wonder if something went wrong with the dev, because patreon numbers show $7k a month, which is significantly more than a lot of actual real-world jobs

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Is it just me, or is each update getting smaller and smaller in terms of content? The early part of the game had massive updates, and a ton of content, while it feels like every one of the updates for the last... year or so, has been 1-2 "events", each being really more of a scene.
Like, I jumped from version 10.0 there to 10.8, and I caught up on everything I missed in about 20 minutes. At one point I was going to donate to the dev, but I'm starting to really feel like they don't care about the project any more. For the amount of money they're getting, you'd think they'd be able to commit more than 5 minutes of content per update...
Weekly updates for years will do that. Code gets bigger, story grows more complex, quality improves.
Also to my knowledge CK is still a one man dev team? Maybe, if so it's all a lot of work for a single person.
I think weekly updates (for this many years) is insane pressure. Crazy, ARC imo needs a nice health break, irregardless of how he is feeling.
Just the idea of compiling the game and uploading it so often gives me a headache.

Jan 7, 2021
It seems to be a pattern. The last update was one actual event for one character and three one second animation loops. It took two or two and a half weeks for that? If this game did update at the same pace as others around here you would see just how little actual content is added per update. It would maybe be four events a month and probably a few minute of content.

I'm not pointing fingers at the Dev, but this one has much much less content provided per update than any other game I follow on this site. I'm a bit of a cynic so to me it seems the number of updates is used to hide the actual lack of content in said updates.
It's not your imagination as that is the downward trend. One of those devs which the more money someone throws at them the more it bogs them down :KEK: Though if you want to see what they "could" do in a week look back to 0.6.9 when they did a massive overhaul. Even back in Act 1 when Arc was trying to impress the h-scenes were longer. But now Cursed has a compression crusade for the androids and Arc is like whatever as long as he gets paid.

Got to give Cursed credit however as he handles most of CK's technical support calls on the discord and here.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
One of those devs which the more money someone throws at them the more it bogs them down
Lol to be fair this is close to a universal rule. Someone once said the more patrons the less content a game puts out. Almost true except for huge dev teams like treasures of Nadia ect.

Also for the record that overhaul in a week sounded like a nightmare and I felt physical pain for ARC when that shitshow happend.

Jan 7, 2021
Also to my knowledge CK is still a one man dev team? Maybe, if so it's all a lot of work for a single person.
Officially yes however Cursed has been handing more of the debugging and code revisions. A few others also assist him on his discord.

I think weekly updates (for this many years) is insane pressure. Crazy, ARC imo needs a nice health break, irregardless of how he is feeling.
Just the idea of compiling the game and uploading it so often gives me a headache.
He has breaks set up either once every two months or if something comes up.

Last one I think was in June around 0.10.2:
Please note that I'll be taking my once-every-two-months break from the 6th until the 12th, so the next update will be the 13th!

Though to be honest I think your game has more content per update if one adjust for time delay between releases. Plus it's nice that you're here and not making up some odd reasons why patreon would bar you from this place :sneaky:

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Officially yes however Cursed has been handing more of the debugging and code revisions. A few others also assist him on his discord.

He has breaks set up either once every two months or if something comes up.

Last one I think was in June around 0.10.2:

Though to be honest I think your game has more content per update if one adjust for time delay between releases. Plus it's nice that you're here and not making up some odd reasons why patreon would bar you from this place :sneaky:
Oof tbh I don't follow CK like I used to so I don't know these things. Just wanted to give Arc a smooch cuz he seems like a nice lad.
I'm going to disappear from this thread now, Ignore me.

Mar 28, 2019
~>What the actual f?

~>U think programing language is EZ huh think again how about u try it!?

~>1 miss step/lacking it leads to error if u got lucky might get bug on ur created program. Not only that u'lll rage quit like a playing a game swearing undepictable/depictable words.

~>This is the only dev whom I see release weekly update in my opinion others takes a month or year based on rendering/complexity.

~>Some barely hanging on thread like MILFY CITY created by ICSTOR if we are talking about not caring about the game that is my example.

~>If u have evidence a lot of dev release every week please do elaborate I will try the game and give feed back they might b my new fav game :D

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
~>What the actual f?

~>1 miss step/lacking it leads to error if u got lucky might get bug on ur created program. Not only that u'lll rage quit like a playing a game swearing undepictable/depictable words.

~>This is the only dev whom I see release weekly update in my opinion others takes a month or year based on rendering/complexity.

~>Some barely hanging on thread like MILFY CITY created by ICSTOR if we are talking about not caring about the game that is my example.

~>If u have evidence a lot of dev release every week please do elaborate I will try the game and give feed back they might b my new fav game :D
Speaking as a programer, yes programing a game isn't easy... but Ren'Py is barely programing, the whole point of it's existence is to allow people who aren't programers to make visual novels. Unless you're really pushing the limits of the engine (which lets be honest CK isn't) then you basically just have to be able to do basic scripting.

Weekly updates aren't impressive on their own if there's only a few scenes, Arc could put out daily updates with one new line of dialog each and that wouldn't make it more impressive. I've definitely seen games that do bi-weekly updates with way more than double the content (also with a single dev). IMO I'd prefer larger updates with longer waits between them.

It's great that you love the game, I'm not saying that you're wrong to, but blind fanaticism and "well lets see you do better" in response to legitimate complaints don't do anyone any good.

Also off topic, but why does every line you type start with a hookshot ~> isn't that annoying to do every time?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
~>What the actual f?

I take it you have tried renpy? You make it sound like python is rocket science or something, it's tricky to learn at first but this dev has been doing this for years.

When it comes to the weekly updates you are comparing them to monthly updates from other games. Count out the number of events and play time in four of these update and tell me you can honestly compare it to most other update cycles.

All of this will be irrelevant to me personally anyway so it doesn't rightly matter. It's not the updates that are killing it for me it's the compression. If the dev wants to make this solely with android in mind they should just release it for mobile. I can't say how others feel about it but if you play on anything bigger than a cellphone or maybe a 12'' monitor you can see just how poor of a decision all the needless compression is.

Some people will ignore or pretend a game's short comings don't exist but I'm not one of those people. It's not like there is a shortage of games available. It's unfortunate because the story is decent but it is moving at a snails pace.

Mar 28, 2019
Speaking as a programer, yes programing a game isn't easy... but Ren'Py is barely programing, the whole point of it's existence is to allow people who aren't programers to make visual novels. Unless you're really pushing the limits of the engine (which lets be honest CK isn't) then you basically just have to be able to do basic scripting.

Weekly updates aren't impressive on their own if there's only a few scenes, Arc could put out daily updates with one new line of dialog each and that wouldn't make it more impressive. I've definitely seen games that do bi-weekly updates with way more than double the content (also with a single dev). IMO I'd prefer larger updates with longer waits between them.

It's great that you love the game, I'm not saying that you're wrong to, but blind fanaticism and "well lets see you do better" in response to legitimate complaints don't do anyone any good.

Also off topic, but why does every line you type start with a hookshot ~> isn't that annoying to do every time?

~>It's my habitual on doing programming language/3D model creating unique in trial and error I guess Old habit die hard.

~>Thanks 4 suggestion on the game.

~>I guess I got trigger but I merely want to suggest He/She try programming language before sayin anything about the every dev who works hard about the game. No hard feelings.

Jan 7, 2021
~>What the actual f?

It would be nice if some people didn't think programming was the language of the gods... They do include debugging tools for a reason :WeSmart: If you tried making a game then before you release it try Check Script (Lint) as that will do a quick pass to see if any coding typos occurred which cuts back on crash reports.

Maybe before assuming how hard it is just give it a try yourself. Really the only limitation that prevents people from trying something on their own is the sense that it's some sacred ground they can't hope to treed on.

Ren'Py is a free engine however Ren'Py Tom would like to eat too

Koikatsu does cost money if you want an official license, good to have for reputable developers but here it's optional.
https://f95zone.to/threads/koikatu-repack-rx10-1-illusion.14554/

Is weekly updates really a sacred cow as if someone takes a month for proper planning and development it shows more then this is the patreon poll of the week.

Most of these video clips are under 30 seconds just looped. It's not really massive computations and for Arc saying it's about the writing well he's been writing less with some scenes being copied and pasted from old scenes.

Quantity over quality. Since a lot of indies are in college weekly depends on the season :whistle: Though I'm sure if you yeeted $7K at them they could do weekly :LOL: Just imaging how much Cokane0 could do if Melatonin Magiks had that budget. Zimon's Champion of Realms puts out larger video files with half that budget. Syko134's Trouble in Paradise handles a more complex story route with even less and keeps to around monthly.

Mar 28, 2019
I take it you have tried renpy? You make it sound like python is rocket science or something, it's tricky to learn at first but this dev has been doing this for years.

When it comes to the weekly updates you are comparing them to monthly updates from other games. Count out the number of events and play time in four of these update and tell me you can honestly compare it to most other update cycles.

All of this will be irrelevant to me personally anyway so it doesn't rightly matter. It's not the updates that are killing it for me it's the compression. If the dev wants to make this solely with android in mind they should just release it for mobile. I can't say how others feel about it but if you play on anything bigger than a cellphone or maybe a 12'' monitor you can see just how poor of a decision all the needless compression is.

Some people will ignore or pretend a game's short comings don't exist but I'm not one of those people. It's not like there is a shortage of games available. It's unfortunate because the story is decent but it is moving at a snails pace.

~>Well they can release big update every week if it's a big team but 1 person that's too much.

~>Ah yes, I do understand about the compress version there are a lot of pple who likes it cause some pple couldn't care less about the HD version.

~>I also want big update but rush/sloppy game like early access is Big NO! 2 me.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
~>Well they can release big update every week if it's a big team but 1 person that's too much.

~>Ah yes, I do understand about the compress version there are a lot of pple who likes it cause some pple couldn't care less about the HD version.

~>I also want big update but rush/sloppy game like early access is Big NO! 2 me.
To each their own, but I am one of those people who do care about that. When it comes to early access that is exactly what this is, a game you can play during its development.

Nov 9, 2017
As someone who has only dabbled in programing ranging from Basic, Macintosh's (1986), Hypercard's Hypertalk (successor ), Pascal, C, and finally Swift I have to agree somewhat.

The one thing that made things easier with World Builder (1986) and Hypercard was levels of code. You had in descending order world (stack) code, scene (card) code, and finally object code. The so you can see how it worked.

Here is some world builder code to compare with Ren'Py:
MOVE{PLAYER@}TO{forest clearing) - moves the MC to the scene named forest clearing

MOVE {ogre)TO{upper valley} - ogre is the character or object and upper valley is the scene it will appear in. This could be either world or scene level code.

IF{ring=PLAYER@}THEN
MOVE{MONSTER@)TO{STORAGE@} PRINT {Your magic ring has banished the creature}

IF(VISITS#>50}THEN
PRINT{You've been wandering around a long time now.}
IF(LOOP#>12}THEN
PRINT{You seem to be wasting time here.}
END

This ease of use came at a cost. While World Builder could (and in rare cases was) used to make visual novels it was limited and the size (for the time) could balloon really quickly and past a certain point correctly written code would stop working.

The Star Trek game I made where you could wander around the Enterprise (6 decks), warp to a handful of planets, and beam down started having problems at the 1 MB mark - the amount of scene coding got to where the engine just wasn't up to handling it.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 233 Votes