CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
since your also someone who agrees on the guide theory. then i wonder will the merchant and gramps be freed when the MC finally survives and beats fate at its game by overcoming everything. Since the first is like a god who came before the artifact i wonder what type of god he is. Death, Life or Both. i guess we'll only figure it out when the game is finally complete. the lure is confusing but it draws you in and makes you interested.
since your also someone who agrees on the guide theory. then i wonder will the merchant and gramps be freed when the MC finally survives and beats fate at its game by overcoming everything. Since the first is like a god who came before the artifact i wonder what type of god he is. Death, Life or Both. i guess we'll only figure it out when the game is finally complete. the lure is confusing but it draws you in and makes you interested.
Is this something you usually do? Make the same reply twice if they don't answer you?
Because I was really tempted to ignore you a bit more to see if you would post the same thing a third time.

I don't know what to answer, I'm not really cultured enough to see if the plot is similar to something else.
And until the plot is done there's more questions than answers.

I wonder If that will play a major role in her content in the future?
Yes and no.
She will get more yandere-type content, not the type of content where she starts hurting people but in the overly attached sense, might even get a bit rapey, but since this is a maledom mind control game you will have the ability to tell her to fuck off.

But also considering that this is something not everyone might want to see (yandere mode can be turned off in preferences) I'd say that this might not be that important in her development.

My version just says 11.3 on the menu - can I not update this game by replacing the files in the old folder with the new 13.0 contents?
No, you shouldn't do that.
Sometimes it's safe but there's always a chance some files get moved around and things break.

At least for RenPy games, your saves should carry over if you extract the game to a new folder.

Perhaps a weird complaint but I'm irked by the focus on tertiary content.

Updated from 11.7-13.0 and there was minimal forward momentum for the main story or the love events. Most of the content was in the form of repeatable scenes, yet another new system in Hidden Voices (creeping featurism), and mini-events (more creeping featurism).

Feels like the story and love events have been mostly stalled for the last year.
Not weird, but also not a new sentiment.
It's just how things are 'round here.

I do have to ask, does it make sense for a game dev to develop the main story in one go and then start sprinkling the side stuff, possibly forcing people to make new saves and/or savescum to experience that content?

You might've not been following the game back then, but act 1 took about 6 months of development.
And act 1 is comparatively short and very lineal. I'd say around 2 hours worth of play time if you don't skip like a madman or get stuck on random shit.
Act 2 has a lot more going on, 17 main girls (too much) with their own independent stories, one main storyline for the three factions (that eventually end up merging) and a handful of side stuff like the college (that people can't stop fucking asking about).

Also if I'm not misremembering and/or misunderstanding. The ending of act 2 won't force you to complete everything like what happened on act 1. If you left something, you're screwed, no way to go back (not counting the fact that you can rollback saves).
So I'd think Arc would prefer to complete everything there is to do in act 2 before moving on with the end of it (it's getting closer)

The Hidden Voices thing seems to be just for the sake of easter eggs. Some folks have been going nuts over the fact that the quiet girl in the library might be related to the sphinx in a way... During class the MC recognises the letters S P X while trying to read her name, and when we read her mind she's reciting the riddle of the sphinx.

And let's not forget the fact that the progression with Lyx is directly tied to magic training.
So unlocking random (possibly useless) powers is the way to get into her pants... Craving some green booty.

Some things could be done better, but eh.

Reactions: Bob Jared

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Reactions to 0.13.0:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not really a response to your response this time... But I was wondering if you had any opinions on the rewrite of Lyx's dialogue for the "use powers anywhere" training.
Some things changed, which just makes me question things more... Lyx is up to something.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Not really a response to your response this time... But I was wondering if you had any opinions on the rewrite of Lyx's dialogue for the "use powers anywhere" training.
Some things changed, which just makes me question things more... Lyx is up to something.
I mostly think that Arc wrote himself into a corner there with writing about a 'block' that didn't actually exist, then had to change it because people pointed out that it didn't make any sense. Knowing that and the first one makes it hard to read too much into the new version. And Lyx is always up to something, I'd guess that about half the time the potion she gives us doesn't actually have anything to do with what we're unlocking, and I don't think she's actually used the things that she sends us off to collect once.

Jan 14, 2020
Is this something you usually do? Make the same reply twice if they don't answer you?
Because I was really tempted to ignore you a bit more to see if you would post the same thing a third time.

I don't know what to answer, I'm not really cultured enough to see if the plot is similar to something else.
And until the plot is done there's more questions than answers.

Yes and no.
She will get more yandere-type content, not the type of content where she starts hurting people but in the overly attached sense, might even get a bit rapey, but since this is a maledom mind control game you will have the ability to tell her to fuck off.

But also considering that this is something not everyone might want to see (yandere mode can be turned off in preferences) I'd say that this might not be that important in her development.

No, you shouldn't do that.
Sometimes it's safe but there's always a chance some files get moved around and things break.

At least for RenPy games, your saves should carry over if you extract the game to a new folder.

Not weird, but also not a new sentiment.
It's just how things are 'round here.

I do have to ask, does it make sense for a game dev to develop the main story in one go and then start sprinkling the side stuff, possibly forcing people to make new saves and/or savescum to experience that content?

You might've not been following the game back then, but act 1 took about 6 months of development.
And act 1 is comparatively short and very lineal. I'd say around 2 hours worth of play time if you don't skip like a madman or get stuck on random shit.
Act 2 has a lot more going on, 17 main girls (too much) with their own independent stories, one main storyline for the three factions (that eventually end up merging) and a handful of side stuff like the college (that people can't stop fucking asking about).

Also if I'm not misremembering and/or misunderstanding. The ending of act 2 won't force you to complete everything like what happened on act 1. If you left something, you're screwed, no way to go back (not counting the fact that you can rollback saves).
So I'd think Arc would prefer to complete everything there is to do in act 2 before moving on with the end of it (it's getting closer)

The Hidden Voices thing seems to be just for the sake of easter eggs. Some folks have been going nuts over the fact that the quiet girl in the library might be related to the sphinx in a way... During class the MC recognises the letters S P X while trying to read her name, and when we read her mind she's reciting the riddle of the sphinx.

And let's not forget the fact that the progression with Lyx is directly tied to magic training.
So unlocking random (possibly useless) powers is the way to get into her pants... Craving some green booty.

Some things could be done better, but eh.
sorry about replying twice curiosity got the best of me and I kinda wanted to know what other people thought and sorry again if that was annoying.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Also I don't know if anyone but me uses the mod that replaces the 'Remember' screen when exploring, but with a new encounter I updated it:
screenshot001.jpg screenshot002.jpg
Extract the script files into the 'game' folder.

Reactions: layer1avn

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

FairReviewer

Dec 30, 2019
After this long, I'm wondering what will become of Gwen. Her story felt odd with how it left off. Instant 4 Heart and just stuck like that. There's something going on here.

tengizi

Nov 27, 2017
I had to format my hard drive and lost all my files. Would anyone be so kind to upload full save from version 13.0? Including persistent file, if possible.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
After this long, I'm wondering what will become of Gwen. Her story felt odd with how it left off. Instant 4 Heart and just stuck like that. There's something going on here.
That's the thing with Gwen and Chloe, they got the full blast Awaken and Shatter.
They haven't really gotten any progression. Just a bunch of scenes right away.

We learned a bit about them from progressing the Organisation lead, but that's it...
Hopefully there's some more in there...

how do you even upgrade charisma
Bar in the morning, always bar in the morning for charisma.

Update!
*looks for best girl Pixie content*
Oh...
Well...she gets sloshed on apple juice so maybe we'll have dates with her next time...:(
Weird how despite being the mascot of the game, she doesn't really have that much stuff.
I mean, somehow Jessica gets all the attention, she has a fuck ton of scenes, dates, a kid.

Although to be fair, it's kind of a pain in the ass to rig minigirl stuff...
That's kind of Pixie's main appeal, that she's almost the same size as your entire dick.

Big sized Pixie... it's just a shortstack with wings.

stewscotia

Jun 4, 2018
how do you trigger the bar dates?
Buy alcohol from the bar (i bought all 3 so i didnt have to worry), then go to the club in the afternoon or eve, they will have the options there, dont forget you have to have all the bar/club fully upgraded as well.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 233 Votes