vernaugh

Nov 27, 2017
I mean, people already complain about having shatter and the game not letting you use it (despite the fact that it tells you why)
Well, there is absolutely a reason to not use it, but what does feel awkward is the illusion of choice. Say if you could use it at every turn, would I get a bad end, would I be hunted prematurely, would everything just goes tits up? I'm not going to even attempt to speak for more than myself but one of the main lures for me for the game, initially, was the fact that I thought I would have that option - from the description to the point where we get into the lab. Now just having it there just... there... honestly feels worse than not having that 'option' at all.

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
Not Arc, he doesn't even come here anymore, but I can answer.

No.

And if the "real name" stuff he's said over the years is anything to go by, we might not learn anyone's true name during the course of the game.

I'll try to summarize.
Knowing a fey's true name would mean having absolute control over them, you can't force someone to give you their true name, you would need absolute control over them, which ironically can be only achieved by knowing their true name in the first place.

I don't think we, the players, will learn her name, but Robin "Twenty-Five" Goodfellow, a.k.a the MC, will at some point.

I mean, people already complain about having shatter and the game not letting you use it (despite the fact that it tells you why)

So imagine giving players such a massive power over a character but no way to use it.

Act 3... She hasn't had any development yet.
Story-wise, in terms of sex scenes, she was handed to us right away.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like it's going to go that way.
Unless we can sort of "rewrite" her personality after a good dose of shatter to make her a bit more receptive to romance.
I can't quote some things I heard from Arc because I wasn't recording the livestreams, but he once said something along the lines of "Morgana is uncapable of feeling love".

People that like Morgana are a minority, and a minority inside a minority are the people that want to be nice to her.

I am not sure either, it's just assumptions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I do hope we get that chance regardless of the methods used. But if not, no worries.

Dovahkiin4711

Sep 22, 2021
I'm starting to wonder what Gramps is not telling the main character. Because in one conversation, he said that "said too much" And the fact that Gramps is probably the most cryptic character in the game, leaves me wondering what does he know that the main character does not and refuses to say what it is...

flashkid10

Mar 17, 2017
For some reason My save is broken. Chastity is only saying hello, Tom is somewhere in the church and the whistle thing isn't working. It there a way to fix my save?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'm starting to wonder what Gramps is not telling the main character. Because in one conversation, he said that "said too much" And the fact that Gramps is probably the most cryptic character in the game, leaves me wondering what does he know that the main character does not and refuses to say what it is...
I'd assume that "Grandpa" is the first incarnation of "the Hero" who was successfull at fending off the "Beast", but apparently at a far to high price.
The Game indicates that the reincarnations are his attempt to create an alternative timeline with a different outcome, where the price would not be as sefer

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
So with that logic, Shatter should work on a similar way.
Break down their mental defenses, make them lose hope, make them fear you.
You ever played slave trainers? Sort of like that.
I mean, we still have a dungeon... Doubt it's going to be something we can do to everyone but I wouldn't mind doing that to Morgana... Or Dhena.
I know what you mean, though can't really reconcile that with Shatter. If I had to guess, my guess would be that we'd still use Awaken, just use it differently to all the other girls. With them we've been bringing out something they are attracted to and using that to bind them to us. With Morgana, I would expect it to go something like finding something she fears, if only slightly. And then to use Awaken to burn that fear into her mind, making her less confident about her ability to destroy us. Repeat that a few times until she's properly afraid of us. Then once she's far enough gone, we get the choice to use Awaken one last time to truly awaken her fear and make her submit to us for good, or we get to realise her fear and Shatter her now that she's weak enough. That would be my best guess anyway.

And ditto to the dungeon, really want to see that get some use. We need to learn how to Fey-proof the cells first though, not sure whether we'd learn that from Lyx or from the Organisation – they would seem to be the most knowledgeable about fighting Fey. Then once the cells are magic-proof we could move Dhena to them and look for a 'Stone to Flesh' spell.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CursedFlame91

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
For some reason My save is broken. Chastity is only saying hello, Tom is somewhere in the church and the whistle thing isn't working. It there a way to fix my save?
290 save pages?

Good grief, it took a lot of clicks to get there.

Anywho, old bug, saves from around 0.9.1 to 0.9.7 are affected, newer ones aren't.

As usual, download the attached file and remove the extra numbers from the start that the site puts on.

DannyLucifer

Jul 5, 2018
I really hate that tsundere bullshit, is there anything like that in this game? Also since this game is like super anime, is the MC a super spineless coward that keeps his balls under the pillow like all anime protagonists?

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
Because yes, the next step in the main story right now is the transition into act 3.
And maybe he's overhyping it, maybe not, but shit's bout to go down.
We might even get some deaths...
And not sure if they'll get the Ami treatment...
Please no deaths. Just look at Champion of the Realms and the shitshow that happened over there when a death of a character was used to add drama into the story.
That is not a wise move.

Reactions: ZaIgo and Bob Jared

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Please no deaths. Just look at Champion of the Realms and the shitshow that happened over there when a death of a character was used to add drama into the story.
That is not a wise move.
Well I doubt anyone will be sad about the perverted Captain to die or the "male Landlord" in that regard

flashkid10

Mar 17, 2017
290 save pages?

Good grief, it took a lot of clicks to get there.

Anywho, old bug, saves from around 0.9.1 to 0.9.7 are affected, newer ones aren't.

As usual, download the attached file and remove the extra numbers from the start that the site puts on.
Thank You!!
How do you actually go about in fixing the files?
Is is a special program or a missing flag or something?

ps
changing the name of file change to location of save menu, saves a lot of clicks

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Thanks for the info, very helpful! As for Arc, it seems like they still monitor the thread judging from their recent activity.
The reviews, if anything. From what I've seen Arc doesn't really read the posts themselves.
Not that I blame him, not exactly good for one's mental health to come to sites like these.

Well, there is absolutely a reason to not use it, but what does feel awkward is the illusion of choice. Say if you could use it at every turn, would I get a bad end, would I be hunted prematurely, would everything just goes tits up? I'm not going to even attempt to speak for more than myself but one of the main lures for me for the game, initially, was the fact that I thought I would have that option - from the description to the point where we get into the lab. Now just having it there just... there... honestly feels worse than not having that 'option' at all.
Post got a bit long.

If you have talked to the avatar of the Artifact, the merchant in the field and the guy that appears in the last levels of charisma training.

You may get an idea of what's going on, just a little bit.

I know what you mean, though can't really reconcile that with Shatter. If I had to guess, my guess would be that we'd still use Awaken, just use it differently to all the other girls. With them we've been bringing out something they are attracted to and using that to bind them to us. With Morgana, I would expect it to go something like finding something she fears, if only slightly. And then to use Awaken to burn that fear into her mind, making her less confident about her ability to destroy us. Repeat that a few times until she's properly afraid of us. Then once she's far enough gone, we get the choice to use Awaken one last time to truly awaken her fear and make her submit to us for good, or we get to realise her fear and Shatter her now that she's weak enough. That would be my best guess anyway.

And ditto to the dungeon, really want to see that get some use. We need to learn how to Fey-proof the cells first though, not sure whether we'd learn that from Lyx or from the Organisation – they would seem to be the most knowledgeable about fighting Fey. Then once the cells are magic-proof we could move Dhena to them and look for a 'Stone to Flesh' spell.

That is not a wise move.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Thank You!!
How do you actually go about in fixing the files?
Is is a special program or a missing flag or something?

ps
changing the name of file change to location of save menu, saves a lot of clicks
You need to use the console and have some knowledge of the code.

I thought about posting a tutorial about how to fix this bug. But then got lazy.

But in a simplified way. You check the leads, find the most advanced one of the bunch and delete the others.
You will also need to setup the variable that tracks progress to the correct value of the most advanced lead.

I didn't want to make the tutorial in case I ended up encouraging people into messing with the console and then having dem idiots complain when they broke their own saves for messing with stuff they don't understand...

Bah, fuck it.

Reactions: qcsdm8cx

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You need to use the console and have some knowledge of the code.

I thought about posting a tutorial about how to fix this bug. But then got lazy.

But in a simplified way. You check the leads, find the most advanced one of the bunch and delete the others.
You will also need to setup the variable that tracks progress to the correct value of the most advanced lead.

I didn't want to make the tutorial in case I ended up encouraging people into messing with the console and then having dem idiots complain when they broke their own saves for messing with stuff they don't understand...

Bah, fuck it.

I kind of wonder why you don't just write a patch to drop in that would fix that automatically, surely it would be easier than fixing it yourself every time someone posts a borked save.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I kind of wonder why you don't just write a patch to drop in that would fix that automatically, surely it would be easier than fixing it yourself every time someone posts a borked save.
I tried once, but my code was a pile of non functional spaghetti.

4.40 star(s) 234 Votes