3.90 star(s) 62 Votes

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Unless you're subbed at $20 or $40, yes, you will be stuck with the garbage version. SE is SE everywhere, no difference between them, and that's the only version that ever drops in price or gets leaked. Since RIC0H decided to take his toys and go home, that's also the same version every subscriber gets moving forward, except for the extra gallery renders for the $20/$40 tiers (which is already how other devs do it, with R7-related content being patched in for all versions).

RIC0H and his defenders like to couch this as "one girl's content", or "people feeling entitled to something they're getting for free", but it was extremely obviously a way to more heavily and restrictively monetize the R7-violating content instead, and it backfired pretty heavily. Early access is, for better or worse, the de facto means by which AVN devs make money. Not permanently-paywalled content.

Addendum: I pay a lot to the devs I support. Not one of the devs I support permanently paywalls content with no price drops.
Maybe you should look around more, there are many games that have Gallery/Special Edition, extra scenes, animation unlock codes etc that are locked behind a certain tier/price, but people chose to target this one.
Don't pretend this is the first time anyone has done it.
You know why many subscribe to higher tiers ? for perks that other people don't get in the free version, it's not always the case, but that is the reason why many do it, so why shouldn't they get something extra for their money ?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
there are many games that have Gallery/Special Edition,
This is true, and widely accepted as normal.
extra scenes, animation unlock codes etc that are locked behind a certain tier/price,
This, on the other hand, is much rarer, and when it happens, those devs get criticism as well, or that content gets leaked and the criticism dies down. RIC0H refuses to use a patch for this content, which makes it impossible to leak it here without it getting removed, and then insults and jeers at the people playing his game. Thus the criticism grows, not least from the childish behavior.

This game isn't being unfairly targeted. The game started out with loli LIs, but then locked that content behind a permanent paywall (I haven't forgotten the original Megan scene). After the criticism received the first time, that scene returned to the standard edition, and now it's happened again, with RIC0H previously saying all similar content would be paywalled in the same way (and then saying he'd just remove all that content from every version, then changing again without saying specifically what that change is). It's the repeated attempts to block content out of the eventually-free version that make it pretty clear what's going on here, and I've got no interest in supporting devs who treat their players with contempt.

OneMoreZoner

May 23, 2022
It's not "lying", things change and different ideas are shared/thought of.
And what ultimately matters is whether your work is good and people want to read it (and sub to you).

Judging from the number of comments yearning to see 100% of your work, and immediately, you must be doing SOMETHING right! ;)

As a side note, if you want to keep the main story streamlined but still want to tell some side-stories from time to time, there is the option of making those stories into short, stand-alone VN's. For example, Halfway House has at least six of those and makes them "non-canon" too, which allows for some funny/offbeat stuff. Maybe these could make great subscriber extras.

Good luck with your game, RIC0H.

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
This game isn't being unfairly targeted. The game started out with loli LIs, but then locked that content behind a permanent paywall (I haven't forgotten the original Megan scene). After the criticism received the first time, that scene returned to the standard edition,
The Megan scene started out as GE content and then was moved to SE content.
Not because people complained about a paywall, but because it was noted that Megan is family and it would be wrong to use her as exclusive content.

and now it's happened again, with RIC0H previously saying all similar content would be paywalled in the same way
Similar content = Content that breaks rule 7.

and then saying he'd just remove all that content from every version
That post was a joke.

then changing again without saying specifically what that change is
That change is posted on Discord and pinned in the Corrupted-Love-Chat channel.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
That change is posted on Discord and pinned in the Corrupted-Love-Chat channel.
Which is not a publicly-available channel, and since Dyno refuses to give me a role no matter how many times I click your reaction role to see this change, and since I have no other interest in being in your Discord (and neither you nor your moderator Hellster likely have any interest in me being there, either), that's a meaningless statement to me.

So your "joke" post still stands as the last thing you specifically said you were doing with that content, both here and on the other site.

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
So your "joke" post still stands as the last thing you specifically said you were doing with that content, both here and on the other site.
Okay, I get your point.

Here's my official response on the changes:

Nothing is changing.

Well except for one minor thing and that is the GE version will no longer be posted on Itch from 0.8 onwards.

Here's the pinned post from Discord:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
RIC0H refuses to use a patch for this content, which makes it impossible to leak it here without it getting removed, and then insults and jeers at the people playing his game. Thus the criticism grows, not least from the childish behavior.
Keep in mind that no developer is obligated to provide a patch, in many cases it comes to a point where patches become too much of a hassle to deal with any more, hence why some games have been removed from the site.
This game isn't being unfairly targeted.
I think it is, I have seen some mild criticism in other threads from developers who use a similar release template, and has had nowhere near the backlash this has had.
I would have mentioned the other things you mentioned, but RIC0H has addressed those in an earlier post.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
(and neither you nor your moderator Hellster likely have any interest in me being there, either), that's a meaningless statement to me.
I really don't care who joins the discord, and I don't think RIC0H does either, providing people keep things civil and don't bring toxic behaviour to the discord server :)
If you have issues getting the member role (#reaction-roles), feel free to mention it on the server (public chat) and it can be sorted out.

Mist.

Mar 15, 2021
Developing a game takes time. Don't forget that developers have to eat too, just like everyone else. And I think it's normal that donors are rewarded for their financial help. It can be additional scenes or something else.

Some developers abuse by censoring a whole content (e.g.: all Milf content, or all Loli content, etc...). This is apparently not the case here, the developer has remained rather reasonable on this :giggle:.

As far as the rewards for donations are concerned, that is up to the developer. If you don't agree with him/her, you can give your opinion without being aggressive, without insulting him/her, or whatever. Oddly enough, politeness works better :LOL:.

I don't know how it works with this game, but I think every donor should be rewarded. Since not everyone has the same bank account, it would not be fair to limit the rewards to the biggest donors only. On the other hand, we can include a waiting period proportional to the donation (e.g.: 1$ = available 30 days after the release of the game, 5$ = available 15 days after the release of the game, 20$ = available immediately).

P.s.: This is my personal opinion following some hateful comments I've read. It's not an opinion for this game specifically, but rather for this type of game in general.

Last edited:

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
Nuked on Itch :ROFLMAO:

(Was my fault though as the GE version was on there)

sadface.png

SE and GE are now Sub only (obviously).

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Grelk and ChaosDMNS

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hi!
NSWNY? (=No Sex With Nana Yet? (meme from "Grandma's House" - means some long long waited)) - i mean is we fuck girl with isochromia (forgot her name)

and forgot to add - =))))

"aww okey okey i will work!"(c)C'n'C:generals - i mean ok i go to download and find all myself...

3.90 star(s) 62 Votes