3.90 star(s) 60 Votes

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Yeah prob some snitch. At least SS doesn't give 2 shits about content, lack of it, or a bunch of whiners and their reports.
Yeah some salty selfish douche just thinking of themselves :rolleyes:
EDIT: Oh no, it seems I've attracted a facepalm warrior, with over 50% facepalms of all reactions in Activity History, good for you man, good for you :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023
TBH. If you troll and act the way Ric0h has. You can't be surprised when someone or a few people go and report your shit to try hurt you. Sounds like they succeeded. Dev only has himself to blame. Not saying he shouldn't of done what he did. But the way he treated his player base here was pretty average. I don't see many other devs acting that way.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
TBH. If you troll and act the way Ric0h has. You can't be surprised when someone or a few people go and report your shit to try hurt you. Sounds like they succeeded. Dev only has himself to blame. Not saying he shouldn't of done what he did. But the way he treated his player base here was pretty average. I don't see many other devs acting that way.
He's been trolling/joking around from the beginning, and it was all in fun, which the majority of people understood and laughed at, but yeah, some people can't take a joke obviously.
Reporting someone though, that's a low blow, and does not benefit anyone, all it's done has taken away sources to get the game for everyone.

Sep 26, 2019
He's been trolling/joking around from the beginning, and it was all in fun, which the majority of people understood and laughed at, but yeah, some people can't take a joke obviously.
Reporting someone though, that's a low blow, and does not benefit anyone, all it's done has taken away sources to get the game for everyone.
no one thought this.

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
Other devs are getting dropped by Itch. Even devs with no "Taboo" content, other than being an adult game with explicit sex scenes. From what I can tell, it seems to be a PayPal thing, since they're allowing the game to be posted for free, but not to be sold. At least, that's what happened to the other devs I follow.

• Sad
Reactions: $@~
Sep 26, 2019
Other devs are getting dropped by Itch. Even devs with no "Taboo" content, other than being an adult game with explicit sex scenes. From what I can tell, it seems to be a PayPal thing, since they're allowing the game to be posted for free, but not to be sold. At least, that's what happened to the other devs I follow.
this i tend to believe cause paypal sucks ass.

Sep 26, 2019
Glad I quit using them (a case of you can't fire me, I quit, since I have $2500 Paypal Credit I never used, but got banned anyway presumably for using cash to pay for an AVN update like a year ago, only possible reason I can think of, not worth creating an appeal ticket for though since I was smart enough not treat it as a bank account so had $0 balance anyway, as far as I'm concerned they can go bankrupt after reporting it to the BBB). They must be owned by the Pope or something.
i did the same thing XD never hold shit in paypal lol.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well, that didn't take long. Seems .7 GE is already leaked (obviously not on prude sites, you'll have to Google it).
Yeah that stuff will always be leaked eventually. I think one solution that I could see most people being happy with is having the GE version with the content that breaks R7 and the gallery being exclusive for higher tier supporters. Everyone else gets the SE version + a patch to add the R7 stuff. That way the higher tier supporters get the benefit of having the gallery and not having to install aditional patches, the lower tier supporters don't get cucked out of content and you can still post a "censored" version of the game here and if people want the patch they can either download it directly from the dev's SS or some place like lewdpatcher. Of course he would have a little more work because he would have to make a patch and I don't know if he would think that the extra work is worth it.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
TL;DR since the thread kind of exploded.

I did play 0.7 and can confirm that there is plenty of content with all main LI's, including the "petite" ones.

I also played 0.6, never noticed there was any lewd content with April, who is a very minor (no pun!) character in the story and looks like will never be a LI.

In my opinion, the game is fine with the main LI's. Holly is already not entirely necessary for the story, in my opinion, but she's there and she has new content.

If no future April content is the price we need to pay for keeping this game on here than I'm all for it. This is game has plenty to offer without another side character, regardless of how cute she might be.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
you know how elves (according to Tolkien) are turned into orcs by prolonged bullying and trolls are not created out of the blue. these are also people, in their own way, offended by an insensitive and intolerant society and repaying society with everything that they received. you never thought about that? don't want to be the prey of a troll? try not to lie to yourself first of all, always try to think exactly what you are talking about. the troll's legitimate prey are the hypocrites. hypocrites create trolls and hypocrites suffer from trolls. if you don't want to suffer from a troll, don't be a hypocrite. always first try on the caftan that you are trying to throw on your opponent.

• Haha
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Nope, not here at least, since this site bans loli content (dunno why loli tag even exists, esp for AVNs with no loli decensor patch so has no loli content). Best way to avoid getting your AVN leaked here is simply put naked cartoon kids in it, even a single render is sufficient. Luckily there's other sites that bans nothing if you are willing to either sift through 50 pages of Google results or, you know, sub on SS like most.
The loli Tag exists, because you can have lolis on this site, you just have to place them in a separate patch, which Ricoh refuses to do

And also because if the models are not realistic enough, then they are allowed here too

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Just want to clear up a little misconception regarding the "April content".

April is reference to a character and not the month.

Was probs not the best idea to add a character named April and release the game in the month of April.

So while 0.7 was released in April, the lewd scenes of everyone (but the character April) are in the SE version.

Hopefully that clears it up a little.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There was no missconception, you said all orphanage content was going to be paywalled

And no, even April the character shouldnt be paywalled forever, thats not something we should accept, because if we do, it becomes the norm for future games

And dont come to me with the "you have to get money from somewhere", you were getting money before paywalling content, many other games are making TONS of money without paywalling, etc

iopq

Feb 16, 2018
Finally had time to revisit.

I still like the little lines of dialogue like having to explain to Katie about not caring about Emily's choice of clothes and a few others.

Good update.
Regarding people upset about freemium or paywalling content, just stop. You have no idea the amount of time that goes into a game like this. You need a lot more than just the motivation you get from money to keep a project like this going.

I made a comment about rollback, turns out there wasn't an issue, it was just something with a different version of renpy.
Only complaint is a typo with Amber in the changing stall scene, misspelled 'throat' as 'throught' if I recall. ;)

Most people (myself included) use sites like this, to come across games. There will always be freeloaders. If I enjoy a game I always try to throw the dev a few bucks since I know the blood sweat and tears that go into it.
I would suggest putting a notion that there is additional content somewhere in the base game. I legitimately didn't know until after downloading then browsing the thread and had to get it after the fact since I don't pay attention to discord or patreon notifications.

Anyway RIC0H seems to be pretty genuine and transparent. No author deserves any shit unless they go the way of Palmer, where it's just a slimey attempt to grab cash (then going next level and 'faking' your death so you don't have to pay your team. World would be better if he actually offed himself.)

Reactions: UpYours69

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Emily+MC scenes are still there (except for the shower scene that was replaced with the bed scene)
sex between them is not there !! ... i have 6 and 7 on my pc and checked before i posted that .. sex is in 6 and not in 7 :unsure:

• Wow

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
It is the norm on Steam. Pay something or you are shit out of luck (unless it's cracked, good luck, that's hit or miss and sometimes there isn't one). Even so-called 'free' MMO's you will get nickel and dimed to death if you want to not be ditched as a scrub by just about every other player and never reach the end-game content in a human lifetime (unless that's all you do in your mom's basement or something). Dunno why AVNs should be any different. Very few AVNs are made just because the dev wanted to tell a story at his own time/expense. If I was making an AVN and relied on it to eat and everyone expected to get it for free I'd just abandon it and get a real job. That's probably what happened to most of the abandoned ones here.

And yet, none of the successful ones have paywalled content

Thats where the "Devs have to eat" arguments goes down the pipe

If your game is good, and gets a good traction, people will support you, and you have a higher chance of that happening if you DONT paywall content (outside of random renders and such)

Reactions: Zyorx

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Anything beyond anecdotal evidence to support that? I bet if everything was paywalled starting tomorrow people would still buy it. Demand doesn't go away just because nothing is free anymore. Some, sure, but mostly by those entitled types that don't have any money anyway and probably never will because they expect everything to be free, so overall income would still increase. Just ask HBO, Disney, EA or any other billion-dollar media congomerate or game studio that basically says "fuck you" when you ask them for free stuff. And really that can apply to ANY company and even individual solo devs.

If every VN takes that path, sure, money wont go away but if one Dev does it, it will impact them. Again, Devs that give stuff for free after some time are already earning money just fine. Its not like not paywalling content means you resign your income

And since you are naming streaming services, i have to tell you Netflix has done experiments in several countries in South America, to try to stop sharing passwords. It went REALLY BAD for them, and had to backtrack their decision

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Westy I think is the only one that doesn't have public releases anymore but ketzal still does and is active on other forums.
I'd check again, he does, but with this itch stuff happening, I doubt it will be there any longer.
With itch going after games now, it's going to have a widespread effect on all adult content based VN's.

Last edited:
  • Sad

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Surprised they simply didn't start banning accounts that shared passwords (would be rather obvious from IP logs when it's not The Flash watching and also globetrotting), or even geolocking streams to where they are simply unavailable in SA at all. Them, Hulu and Amazon already blacklist all VPN IP's so those don't work with them for that reason.
Sharing was allowed. They said it would stop being possible and that you would have to pay more to add "ips"

Their subscriptions numbers decreased, hard

Reactions: Grelk
3.90 star(s) 60 Votes