CurseWave

Dec 12, 2018
I haven't caught up with this game in a long while; is there a recent guide on how to play?

I made it through a vanilla campaign a long while ago, but getting back to the game I am a bit overwhelmed by the options. I'd need a refresher on overall strategy and things that are easily overlooked but important.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
I haven't caught up with this game in a long while; is there a recent guide on how to play?

I made it through a vanilla campaign a long while ago, but getting back to the game I am a bit overwhelmed by the options. I'd need a refresher on overall strategy and things that are easily overlooked but important.
If you look past 20 threads there is a lot of discussion about it. the previous two thread before this 237 also has some to discuss about it (link to early game guide). I recommend you grab tomorrow's newspaper as your item also.

Reactions: CurseWave

d45355676

Oct 31, 2022
There's a bug I've encountered with the loop skipping in campaign mode. When it's time to pick the next city, there's the abandoned place option. But when I pick it, the game bricks. I use task manager to close the game, because closing the window normally does not work. Then I reopen the game and nothing works anymore.

The first time I found this bug, I was able to reopen the game and load my save, but then I made the stupid decision to just try going to the abandoned place again and the same thing happened. But then when I reopened my game, it was a black screen with no buttons. That was r50 and r51 had just came out, so I just downloaded r51 and started over from scratch.

Now on r51 I encountered the bug again, on a different skip (first time was 3-5, this time was 1-3), and I wasn't even able to reload my save. The start screen fully loaded, the buttons were there, but clicking them did nothing.

Please tell me if there's a way to skip loops in campaign mode without this game-breaking bug. Until then, I'll just not skip loops anymore, or use cheat mode to sort of skip them.

Or if the abandoned place thing isn't how the loop skipping works, please tell me what they are and how to actually skip loops.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
There's a bug I've encountered with the loop skipping in campaign mode. When it's time to pick the next city, there's the abandoned place option. But when I pick it, the game bricks. I use task manager to close the game, because closing the window normally does not work. Then I reopen the game and nothing works anymore.

The first time I found this bug, I was able to reopen the game and load my save, but then I made the stupid decision to just try going to the abandoned place again and the same thing happened. But then when I reopened my game, it was a black screen with no buttons. That was r50 and r51 had just came out, so I just downloaded r51 and started over from scratch.

Now on r51 I encountered the bug again, on a different skip (first time was 3-5, this time was 1-3), and I wasn't even able to reload my save. The start screen fully loaded, the buttons were there, but clicking them did nothing.

Please tell me if there's a way to skip loops in campaign mode without this game-breaking bug. Until then, I'll just not skip loops anymore, or use cheat mode to sort of skip them.

Or if the abandoned place thing isn't how the loop skipping works, please tell me what they are and how to actually skip loops.
If you still have the save file, could you please upload? Having saves where the issue occurs helps to track down the actual cause of the issue.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Do we know/have an estimate for the planned lenght for an entire campaign run? As in how many loops max will be possible?
I don't know what's planed, but if I had to make a guess, probably 35 Loops at the very least, as Boss Loops start at Loop 10 and happen every 5 Loops, and since Splendor needs 4 other Boss Forsaken to invert all her traits that means there needs to be at least 4 other Boss loops, for a total of 5 Bosses and 30 Loops. From there we will probably get at least one Boss Loop for fighting against Crown for a total of 6 Bosses and 35 Loops. Of course though this is just pure speculation on my part.

i feel like i'm going a bit senile but I could swear shift used to happen on first broadcast, not first fantasize. what changed?
Nothing changed, Broadcast is still one of the shifts, you just likely don't have a Futa Chosen to shift with Broadcast. These are the shifts:
Broadcast - Futa to Female
Fantasize - Female to Futa
Inseminate - Male to Female or Futa

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017

I actually reported this bug a while back. I think he said he fixed it though, maybe there's another issue. It actually does not brick, it just takes a ridiculous amount of time to load, but it will...however, its an empty area. If you go back to r49 this bug doesn't exist I think it has to do with something he did in r50.

CurseWave

Dec 12, 2018
Is there a counter or way to suppress the Surround damage reduction that Chosen do for each others?

These are rather stiffling.

EDIT: extra question: It's fine if Chosen have some mild trust initially, right? Breaking the higher tiers of their respective vulnerabilities can eventually snap that friendship?

Last edited:

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Is there a counter or way to suppress the Surround damage reduction that Chosen do for each others?

EDIT: extra question: It's fine if Chosen have some mild trust initially, right? Breaking the higher tiers of their respective vulnerabilities can eventually snap that friendship?
The main way to counter a T3 move is to stop the chosen from doing it. Though in EXPO's case it's usually more profitable to predict it and play into it.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017

Yes you can fix or break friendship later you just got make sure you break main vulnerability for chosen a and then chosen b that you want to break friendship doesn't have a higher break value (1-4) in it.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
YEASs, pkease do: battles are hard enough even with cheats after 10th loop :HideThePain:
The current plan is for next month's release to be the new Distortion, and then the month after that will introduce a bunch of high-Influence items. They'll all be 50+ Influence, and there'll be enough of them that if you go into an item loop with 50 or more Influence, you should be pretty much guaranteed to be offered at least one of them.
SetMinimumSize change kinda makes the game unplayable on Linux, the version before the change (like R40) works fine, but in current versions you get some the buttons and text offscreen even if you go fullscreen so the only way to play would be to constantly drag the window left-right in windowed mode.
I've attached screenshots for easy comparison of how it looks
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. R52 will do away with the minimum size and instead add a second row of buttons for when the window is too narrow.
For some of my Forsaken, they don't show all of their stat pages when I'm taking an alternate route. The issue is fixed when I go back to a normal loop. As far as I've seen, it always stops part of the way though the "Relationships" section. I'll look a bit more later to see if I can determine any sort of pattern on which Forsaken it happens to.

As a side note, this is not a new problem to the most recent update. While I only just now noticed it with this update, I went back to the previous one and saw that it occurred there as well.
I wasn't able to reproduce this bug. If it happens again, I'd appreciate having a save posted here so that I can take a look.
i don't know if we've even been told this yet, but do we have any sort of formula telling us how strong the buffs we get from sparing forsaken are? I know the way they're assigned is whatever stat is highest, unless obedience is under 33%, but would sparing a chosen with 50% hostility only give half the benefits of sparing one with 100% hostility?
Each buff has a base value which is then multiplied by the Forsaken's species tier (just like the achievement bonuses) and then multiplied again by the Angel achievement (if any). I think I might've actually neglected to add this to the documentation, though.
perhaps i'm not understanding how "sparing" works for the forsaken, or with cheats on there's something weird happening. I loaded up a custom game save from v50b and spared at least one chosen for each faction, then started a new single game. apparently all the girls i spared got unspared, but that's not much of a surprise.

Why am I able to still deploy "spared" forsaken for fights, and why are they still being kept in the normal forsaken roster as well as the "other minions" tab? having the extra 5 girls clogging up the front page of the roster is gonna drive me a bit nuts, especially when I can't get rid of them unless i start a new game and completely delete them that way
This bug was a result of the fact that Forsaken are stored differently between single play mode (where they're attached to the whole .sav file) and campaign mode (where their state is tracked by the individual save). I've disabled sparing in single play mode for the time being because it's really just a basic numerical bonus in a mode which isn't balanced around it.
CSdev
I've encountered a R51 bug: Using the Tempt Forsaken action on one of the chosen that's ready to use Slaughter for the first time will "reset" her state to the previous "Reach X unresolved FEAR", making her unable to use Slaughter that fight. The setup I have only allows me to check for FEAR/Slaughter, so I can't confirm if it rolls back any of the other vulnerabilities. For context, the Chosen getting Tempted is on the Rampancy path and had the distortion triggered.

Edit: Also checked if the bug happens on using a Superior's Chosen Release to end the capture early or if it happens on a normal, non-tempt capture. Bug did not occur in either of those cases, only if the Chosen is tempted then the capture is allowed to finish normally.
Thanks for isolating the cases where this bug would happen, that was helpful for fixing it.
I've also noticed another bug but I have no idea what action causes it:

Rarely, Chosen captured by Forsaken will no longer display anything when Examined, bar the "Previous Surround Damage" section.
I wasn't able to reproduce this bug, but based on where the text stops printing, I suspect that it's related to the clothing system. There's a random element to the order in which clothing gets destroyed, so probably don't worry about trying to find a save where it happens. I'll have to track this one down myself.
i got bug when i change the chousen species in campaign before begain campaign, i stuck in this option and cant do anyting
but for few chousen change species i dont get a bug like that but many of them alwasy
View attachment 3408757
I've had trouble reproducing this bug in the past, but I think I've finally found what was causing it, and it should be fixed in the upcoming R52.
I was just looking at the tips displayed during campaign mode, one was

"Tip: Upon completing the final battle and getting scored, you can restart from Day 1 against the same group of Chosen in order to try for a better result."

Unless I am missing something, that tip should only be in single play, right?
I suppose you're right. Though, it'll become accurate again after campaign mode has a proper ending.
Heyo, noticed there's a missing line break in one of the dialogue bits when a Forsaken uses Force Orgasm. More specifically, the boob-parasite bit.

View attachment 3415307

----

Approached a Chosen and then clicked Examine [Name], and I see a missing space between 'breasts,' and 'flowing' in the first row sentence.

View attachment 3415362
Heyo, found a missing line break in the banter, and also, the blue part doesn't have a " at the end.

View attachment 3448660
Thanks for catching these. They'll be fixed in the next version.
Some minor things :
View attachment 3416074
It's says that elite are Angel/Undead chosen but it's a boss fight. Also I think this is intended but both options lead to the boss fight.

Also seems like that sometimes the chosen don't get the different clothing mention at the start of battle when you break t4 Expo.
These were actually both bugs, so thanks for catching them for me. Regarding the clothing issue, I haven't been able to reproduce it on my end.
I come back to see the update has that delete save thing i ask. Praise to be. Also CSDEV, have you considered reworking the forsaken traits for Animalistic characters? Since honestly they have the worst traits compared to undead and are way harder to do than undead even if they are the "same tier". Also I notice this patch you are looking into " Forsaken outfit customization, a general system for outfit management and exporting, " and a " and a more flexible system for campaign custom Chosen to be guaranteed to show up together. "

For the first part I just wanted to let you know of a bug that could plague you since I have too much time spent on custom characters. You can't change races currently then click same personality as the screen freezes. As in swap human to angel. You can bypass by just manually input them with direct; however, you then lose all the work you spent on outfits and so forth and that's an oof when outfit might be 5-6 things going through 5-6 tabs each. Changing personality values (0-100 ones) seems to be the main issue as it full resets the outfits and also the names and titles and so forth. Maybe if you can keep personality and you solve the freeze then maybe it would solve the loss of the outfits and title issue.

Second part. Thank you. Really excited to be able to kind of choose which Chosen show up together.
Yes, seeing whether I can make Animalistic Forsaken more worthwhile is on my list of early development balance decisions to review.
Interestingly, based on the rotation described here, my tempted Victory is bugged. She's noted as being In Heat but the roster says she'll Tantrum today (and the one who was supposed to Tantrum, won't.
Oops, that was just a bug I hadn't noticed until now. It'll be fixed in R52.
I did wondered before if there would be a "canon" distortion. Didn't know it was actually planned. I prefer negotiation the most so that works out for me.

Also Rampage chosen have more utility now with the Angel forsakens trait. Though that doesn't exactly work with Victory. Would be nice if defeating Love(Whenever she is added)would make them both stay at full motivation forever.
Yes, just like how Angelic Forsaken have some traits that are focused on buffing other Forsaken in general, Love will have some potential to buff Victory specifically.
just here to display that i cant wait for Morality/Innocence distortion, like aaaaaah, i want my sadistic slut now
You don't have much longer to wait! This is the planned focus for R53.
Ok, first thing - Tyrant's not exactly in what I'd consider a good position for the final day - I'd prefer to get the appeal bonus damage up a bit more before diving in,.
I also don't like that Purity doesn't have a distortion, and 120 resolve is quite the hurdle to overcome.

I did manage to get everyone, but it was a near thing. Would have been a lot easier if Tyrant was appealed a bit more, -20% would have saved one turn.
Commander: max duration, +3 capture, ambush on, Hunger, Spite, Hypnosis.
Target tyrant, use appeal till purity joins (Round 6, 20% resolve), capture purity, keep appealing tyrant till they capitulate (Round 9). Taunt Whisper twice (Round 11, 40% resolve), Surround Whisper ( Caress, Purity used detonate), Round 12, slime Purity till capitulation. Round 16 - Whisper is free, Tyrant and Purity resolve Broken, Commander still has a capture left, capture Whisper. Round 21, Whisper uses Detonate, and has
FEAR: 1.32T [Lv 11] x16.3k(HATE) x16.3k(PLEA) = x268M Total
DISG: 7.62T [Lv 11] x128(HATE) x2.09M(PLEA) = x268M Total
TICK: 1.00T [Lv 11] x128(HATE) x16.3k(PLEA) x32(ANTI) = x67.1M Total
SHAM: 442G [Lv 10] x128(HATE) x16.3k(PLEA) x32(own EXPO) = x67.1M Total
So Slime for -44% resolve, wining the battle on round 22
When I see complicated problems like this being solved, it fills me with confidence that people will enjoy the side project that I'm working on.
So I tried to break thee game and I think I succeeded, I am not entirely sure how though...

I started a new game and played until the first angle fight after victory.
I sent everyone accept the angle into retirement
I continued to the next city, and captured 3 chosen
I can only train one of those three. the other two lack the plan and retire menus

save attached
I believe I've found what was causing this. The game could sometimes assign the same ID to multiple different Forsaken. Saves affected by this bug should be retroactively fixed in R52.

This is the first I've heard of that bug happening R51. It should have been fixed in this release. If you (or anybody else) have a save where it happens, then I'd appreciate having it uploaded here so that I can take a look.
Do we know/have an estimate for the planned lenght for an entire campaign run? As in how many loops max will be possible?
I don't know what's planed, but if I had to make a guess, probably 35 Loops at the very least, as Boss Loops start at Loop 10 and happen every 5 Loops, and since Splendor needs 4 other Boss Forsaken to invert all her traits that means there needs to be at least 4 other Boss loops, for a total of 5 Bosses and 30 Loops. From there we will probably get at least one Boss Loop for fighting against Crown for a total of 6 Bosses and 35 Loops. Of course though this is just pure speculation on my part.
The plan is indeed for campaign mode to end with Loop 35. There are more bosses planned, but a single playthrough won't go up against all of them. There are also some special routes planned where you can go up against fights that involve multiple bosses at the same time.

Ragzul

Oct 15, 2019
Hey CsDev, a feature request that I'd love to see added eventually.. The ability to "keep" forsaken from previous campaigns. Say we're fresh in loop 1, we get one, two or all the heroines corrupted and turned into forsaken. They carry on into loops from then on, but... When the campaign ends, instead of losing them the character and their information could be stored into a separate folder (call it "Forsaken", with text/character files, or along such lines as you prefer) and carried over into future versions of the game. And even be used in new campaigns.
Generally a New Game+ style feature that's lore friendly and user friendly. That way we could also keep our favorites without needing to rebuild them and corrupt them again for each playthrough.

I know this option is already available in single runs, but it'd be nice to use forsaken acquired from either in either. And also to make this entirely optional for the people who live for the grind when starting from scratch. I like fresh starts, same as the next person, but I keep forgetting how to play in between breaks/updates, and starting from scratch while trying to relearn everything and hoping I do it all right by the finale isn't my favorite thing in the world.

Reactions: Kalloi

koktanyasaya

Sep 4, 2022
hey i got i bug again when i try to check forsaken stats,
The stats don't appear correctly and only a few are displayed, some even don't exist at all, but there are those who don't experience this bug, one of which is Forsaken which has a relationship with Chousen who protects a city that is being attacked but it looks like it's just luck because in the previous campaign I did too. experienced this bug and it hit everyone even those who had ties to the chousen who protected the city Screenshot 2024-04-01 230916.png

Instantiation

Mar 15, 2018
After playing this game for two days, I have added another category to categorize games by how open and intelligible they are

Sandbox > Theme park > open world > standard > puzzle > linear > combination code > lock and key > neuroreceptor precision > whatever the fuck this is

For the love of god let our asses loop back to the start with our upgrades or have an accelerated start. The amount of absolute moon logic and nonsensical fuck overs puts the most poorly programmed puzzle game to shame because if you take three days to figure something out it's over and it's back to slowly grinding EE again.

Want a pro tip? Click campaign. Click items. Swap for todays newspaper. Congrats, that's worth like, 400 EE. Game is now playable.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
After playing this game for two days, I have added another category to categorize games by how open and intelligible they are

Sandbox > Theme park > open world > standard > puzzle > linear > combination code > lock and key > neuroreceptor precision > whatever the fuck this is

For the love of god let our asses loop back to the start with our upgrades or have an accelerated start. The amount of absolute moon logic and nonsensical fuck overs puts the most poorly programmed puzzle game to shame because if you take three days to figure something out it's over and it's back to slowly grinding EE again.

Want a pro tip? Click campaign. Click items. Swap for todays newspaper. Congrats, that's worth like, 400 EE. Game is now playable.
Ask for help learning the game if you cant figure it out rather than just ranting, there are plenty of people in this thread more than happy to help others learn the game. For example, have three guides I've already written to help people learn the game that can help you get by without Tomorrow's Newspaper, or any item for that matter.

General early game guide

Basic mechanics/stats/modifier guide

Very basic loop 1 item pick comparison

While Tomorrow's Newspaper is undoubtably the best item by a long shot, it is not necessary to make the game "playable", nor is this game running on nonsensical moon logic once you learn how the stats and modifiers work.

Reactions: Kalloi

Instantiation

Mar 15, 2018
Ask for help learning the game if you cant figure it out rather than just ranting, there are plenty of people in this thread more than happy to help others learn the game. For example, have three guides I've already written to help people learn the game that can help you get by without Tomorrow's Newspaper, or any item for that matter.
I appreciate your willingness to help in this matter but having read multiple walls of text now sort of verifies my point. There's very little difference in needing to break Xs Armor, ensuring that Y injured and caressed but not disgusted, applying a 4/2 commander ambush on Y then attacking Z, but only of Z is weak to humility, . To test I went into casual, got to the point where I could throw out a 4/2, and proceeded to accomplish nothing, retried, and somehow got two girls done with their early game shit. Next day, couldn't get the third, but I know 1-3/10 of my choices are off. Or I could brute force it with Newspaper, as most people probably do.

I'd ask yourself how many times you've thrown those sources out at people because an in game set of days with set girls that actually shows you how to control this (up to t3 break) would probably go better than what is... 5 online guides and the readme? Not for a secret ending or like, the most official way but the literal basics of the gameplay loop. You've made a very interesting game with a massive amount of numbers but only 1 or 2 proper ways to handle things. I think that needs to be very heavily scarred into the new user experience, I've just started getting it after hours and hours.

Reactions: zozogazygua
3.80 star(s) 51 Votes