Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I have reached the end of the loop using the imago upgrade to test out the ending, and i can confirm that there is a softlock at the end of the loop, just like EpsilonSemi said. I will post an image of the softlock, my save and the steps i used to recreate it:

First things first, choose to go after Lua as your first opponent. Break his resolve using only slime. After that, manage to surround Steadfast when reaching the end of the extermination bar. Make sure that Steadfast is still surrounded once the extermination bar reaches maximum, so that Despair will fly into the sky to prepare for the final blast. Despair will then choose to kill Steadfast and will not be able to win the final battle against the demon lord. He will run away and this will prompt the final message, informing that the city is yours and you will have some time to prepare before going after another town. This time however, you will not be able to even click the continue button, there's no repeating the same message over and over, it simply freezes there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
CSDev just released R39f and after repeating your steps the bug seems to be gone :D try it out on your end just in case!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shasou

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Fixed on my end as well, much love guys! (y)

Gonna test out some of the Forsaken features just to make sure there's no softlocks there, then i'm thinking of making a new roster of characters to test out the game's engine flexibility with anthropomorphic chosen. Since i've read that android / cybernetic chosen are a species that is going to be implemented in the future, i've been wanting to get more creative with my selection of chosen. Seems like the perfect time for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalloi

Sycophant

Jun 11, 2018
Gonna add to the list of softlocks with my own.

Game text loops when I attempt to Broadcast Stalwart. I'm using the most recent version (39f). If anyone could look into this and provide a fix that would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you.

Name36346

Oct 27, 2021
Meaning...those who ones got in bind in this battle will always recieve (1?) opening level raise when a teammate got in bind?
No. It means that number of levels of fear trauma gets added to particular chosen's opening level only while at least one of other chosen is surrounded/captured and has no effect otherwise.

Reactions: chawuciren71

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
A shame i can't start a campaign with chosen from different species joining in on the first loop. I get that balance-wise they're a more powerful version, so you would need to be strong enough to go against them but still....erhm : /

Not really a big deal, just annoying that in campaign (my favorite game mode) i have to do multiple loops to get a animalistic chosen to pop up, and i imagine that androids are going to be the same...gonna be a pain to get a team of favorite characters from series set up :p

PepperMan

Dec 7, 2020
Am I right to assume you can't cancel the aftermath reaction of breaking a chosens core T3? IE when they break the minor T1&T2 of someone else. I wanna make sure before I give up on this aversion I setup.

Would breaking another stat first which interacts with same characters cancel out the later one?

Qazex Saw

Feb 6, 2018
Gonna add to the list of softlocks with my own.

Game text loops when I attempt to Broadcast Stalwart. I'm using the most recent version (39f). If anyone could look into this and provide a fix that would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you.
Had the same problem myself, and approaching the chosen causing the bug(info->profile->approach) fixed it for me, so try that out?
Edit: Tried it out on your save. Yeah, approaching the chosen stops this from happening.

Am I right to assume you can't cancel the aftermath reaction of breaking a chosens core T3? IE when they break the minor T1&T2 of someone else. I wanna make sure before I give up on this aversion I setup.

Would breaking another stat first which interacts with same characters cancel out the later one?
Activating the distortion prevents 'event' breaks on said chosen. So just work on Calamity first and get the aversion distortion active and you can do whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sycophant

Sycophant

Jun 11, 2018
Had the same problem myself, and approaching the chosen causing the bug(info->profile->approach) fixed it for me, so try that out?
Edit: Tried it out on your save. Yeah, approaching the chosen stops this from happening.

Activating the distortion prevents 'event' breaks on said chosen. So just work on Calamity first and get the aversion distortion active and you can do whatever.
It bloody worked. Cheers for the save, man. I'll keep this method in mind for the future. Maybe help out some other bloke.

EggsBennedict

Dec 19, 2018
Ever since V37 i cant use the commands inseminate or perscution on a forsaken instead of showing the option to continue it frozes on the procced, this may be happen with other commands but not tested all of them.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
If anyone is still having bug problems

was released yesterday so download the new version and see if you’re still having problems!

Barovaro

Jun 5, 2017
I always put this game to the side as the dark theme generally didn't appeal to me, but then I bit the bullet and started playing as I always tend to like nice text games. Imagine my surprise it's very much like some of my favorite text battle games.

Unfortunately though, the in-game explanations are woefully inadequate so I had to muddle around for quite a while before I started to realize how the various stats work. Naturally I found the readme soon after and everything started to click with strong strategies soon to follow. I wonder if some of this information couldn't be behind an information button in-game, but now that I am up to speed, it's whatever. Took me about 5+ resets before reaching day 12 or so (each time before reset I had a eureka moment that allowed me to progress harder and faster earlier).

Now I am on day 19 with the follow stats: 1677962507409.png

I realize now that each break makes it harder to raise damage stats further, and that each break also sets in motion various events and things that the Chosen can do. I'm wondering if I am actually supposed to be targetting specific interactions and not clear out every tier completely. Should I keep clearing each tier before moving on? And is there something I should really be aware of for late-game that I might miss now?

I read somewhere that I have until day 50, so even if I only do 1 vulnerability a try I'd still make that.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I always put this game to the side as the dark theme generally didn't appeal to me, but then I bit the bullet and started playing as I always tend to like nice text games. Imagine my surprise it's very much like some of my favorite text battle games.

Unfortunately though, the in-game explanations are woefully inadequate so I had to muddle around for quite a while before I started to realize how the various stats work. Naturally I found the readme soon after and everything started to click with strong strategies soon to follow. I wonder if some of this information couldn't be behind an information button in-game, but now that I am up to speed, it's whatever. Took me about 5+ resets before reaching day 12 or so (each time before reset I had a eureka moment that allowed me to progress harder and faster earlier).

Now I am on day 19 with the follow stats: View attachment 2438673

I realize now that each break makes it harder to raise damage stats further, and that each break also sets in motion various events and things that the Chosen can do. I'm wondering if I am actually supposed to be targeting specific interactions and not clear out every tier completely. Should I keep clearing each tier before moving on? And is there something I should really be aware of for late-game that I might miss now?

I read somewhere that I have until day 50, so even if I only do 1 vulnerability a try I'd still make that.
Good luck on your run so far! A quick correction about the damage stats, each break actually increases damage stats, its just with the t1 breaks the chosen begin using actions that reduces the damage like servicing or hiding. As a quick aside, using a t2 action like inseminate or using specialized demon commanders/forsaken will prevent them from using that action so they will take the full circumstance damage amount.

Besides that, to answer your question; clearing all vulnerability tiers isn't really necessary since this is your first run, trying breaking at least 1 T4 vulnerability on each chosen and that should at least get you properly ready for the final battle.
One other thing to note with the T3 breaks is once you meet the requirements for the first one, subsequent T3 breaks will require more unresolved trauma of that type.
IE. if Miracle gets 100M unresolved PAIN first and unlocks her T3 confidence action, then it will take more than 100M for her to unlock her T3 morality action

Additionally the relationship status of your chosen will significantly impact your difficulty with the final battle. So take note of which vulnerability breaks you are doing and the order of them (specifically core and minor vulnerabilities) Having them end up as enemies is easier option for beginners but there is some merit it ensuring they're allies once you get comfortable with the game.

Some final Late game things to think about:

-To actually defeat the chosen in the final battle outside of distortions you need to buy one of the "+" upgrades like "Slime +"
Since it's very costly (100 EE) its good to try and focus on buying only 1 of them or be conservative with your EE usage, to coincide with that if you can, try to break the same T4 on all of the chosen so you can damage them all. If your EE income is good (30 EE every day is a decent amount) and you have a decent amount of days left then you can pick up another one, but I recommend picking up antipathy or empathy before getting another "+" upgrade

-Antipathy and Empathy are what I consider essential to surviving the final battle. With antipathy + chosen that hate each other the final battle will incredibly more manageable and quicker and with empathy + chosen that love each other, the final battle can you give you far more time to corrupt all chosen at the cost of it being easier to lose the final battle

-Just because your EE income is raking in far more than the beginning the game doesn't mean you can't screw yourself over at the very end. Plan out which upgrades you think you need for the final battle and keep in mind you don't need to max out your commander every battle or get every single upgrade to win.

-To win the final battle doesn't neccesarily mean corrupting all 3 chosen. As long as you survive the final battle that's considered a win. So worst-case scenario getting the chosen to kill each other in the final battle is something to consider (something that happens when they have a T4 break or are bitter enemies)
A good goal for your first time would be to try and corrupt 1 chosen in the final battle and try to get better from there

Hope some of this helps and good luck with the rest of your run! :D

Reactions: Barovaro

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Now I am on day 19 with the follow stats: View attachment 2438673

I realize now that each break makes it harder to raise damage stats further, and that each break also sets in motion various events and things that the Chosen can do. I'm wondering if I am actually supposed to be targetting specific interactions and not clear out every tier completely. Should I keep clearing each tier before moving on? And is there something I should really be aware of for late-game that I might miss now?

Gameplay wise, it might actually be better to do what you were already doing as breaking more also opens up more damaging possibilities in the final battle or drops their starting resolve. The final battle is one where beating the Chosen down quickly is vital to winning, especially if going for a triple Forsaken sweep in any capacity.

As for seeing the between battle stuff, that's where taking your time with breaks helps more.

Reactions: Barovaro and Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Heya Everybody! I hope you've been enjoying the new update so far, I planned on releasing the newest version of my portrait pack next week, but because of my work schedule pulling my drawing work behind its schedule, expect it sometime after that week. Instead, I'll give you all here on the forum some previews of the completed kemonomimi I've done as of now as well a link to download a preview build you can use to add to my old pack that will hold you over until I finish the release properly. There's also something else I want to announce for everyone. A sort of challenge so to speak

Here's the link to the Preview Update, like before, delete the portraits in your current portrait folder before putting these in!

Okay! Now that stuff is out of the way, I would like to announce a Challenge for anyone interested. To preface the challenge with some exposition, with CSDev's permission I will tell you all one of the planned features either for March's Update of Corrupted Saviors or sometime soon, there will be support for demon lord portraits in the game! So any portrait pack makers out there, this might be a good time to make some for your packs :D. I have about 3 planned for people to use once I release the next update (Although I can see releasing them separately if strapped for time haha)

I plan on adding more but I also thought this might be a good opportunity to make a neat competition here over on the forum!

Before the addition of boss chosen, the campaign mode is effectively endless mode until the difficulty modifiers make it impossible to feasibly beat a loop. And with some of the earlier roots of the game catering to a "high score" mentality, I think it would be fun to recall those roots once more before Bosses are properly in the game

So the Challenge is simple. . . how long can you survive against the chosen, fellow Demon Lord? From now until the release of R40 I want everyone here to start a campaign mode run and get as far as you possibly can. Upload your save here and the top 3 who has made it the farthest wins! The rules are as follows

-No cheats (Obviously) Its just a fun celebration/competition so lets just play nice okay? :D

-Only one custom chosen allowed (Must be given a unique name) This might be hardest to police but same with the no cheating rule lets just have keep things fair and have fun! You can give the one custom chosen any personality you desire, whether its to have guaranteed access to certain punisher abilities, create an advantage in the first loop, or just an assistant to take along the ride, do what you want!

-Keep a save of each loop you complete, doesn't matter where in the loop it is, just make sure to have one. This is for authentication purposes, and its always cool to see the progression each loop.

Other than that, do what you want! No matter how you play all the matters is how long you continue your conquest as a demon lord. And remember, even if you upload a save making to loop 10 tomorrow and no one uploads anything better, that won't stop someone sniping the win on March 30th with a loop 11 save so never rest on your laurels! Alternatively, if someone uploads a save where they went as far as loop 3 and no one uploads anything else they'll get the win. It would be a bit sad if that were the case but I'm not putting a gun to your head and forcing you to compete. . . yet :)

Now for the prizes! This 20 page letter mentioned demon lord portraits at some point so here is where that comes into play!

1st Place - A Custom Designed Demon Lord Portrait and One Custom Designed Chosen portrait

2nd Place - One Custom Designed Chosen portrait or A Custom Designed Demon Lord Portrait

3rd Place - A Custom Designed Demon Lord Portrait

Yep! I will design a Demon lord portrait to your exact designs, with any revisions and request you would like within my power. I have 3 body templates available so whether you're interested in a normal look, a buffer more adult look, or a more petite one I should be able to do it :D I will make 3 variants as well, a normal civilian styled look, a slightly transformed look, and one fully demonic look! And there will be an obscured face version of each of those! Here is preview of one of the default demon lord portraits and an obscured version (WIP)

In terms of the custom chosen portrait, besides designing her look, you will also be able to request whatever expressions you want for her. To explain things properly I'll lay everything out below

Which may sounds like a lot, but this is typical for chosen I design for so its only natural that I would do the same for the winners :)

As other chosen races are added to the game I will contact with the winners of the custom chosen if they're still available and discuss what they want made for their custom chosen's race variant.

That being said, a disclaimer I will add is that your designs will be added to the portrait pack. They won't replace any of the designs that are planned, but they will have their own place in the database, both demon lords and chosen portraits will be like this. Along with export of the chosen so people can import the chosen into their games.

The winners will also be recorded in the credits and contributions file along with the placement and the loop you stopped at.

Since I understand that some people may not use or like my portrait pack, if you place, you can defer any of your prizes either to the other winners or whoever you want. You'll still be recorded and whoever you deferred your prize to will also be added to the credits and contribution section as creator of the demon lord portrait or custom chosen.

The time frame for me working on the chosen and demon lord will be alongside the work I already plan on each release with extra priority made for these custom chosen. The demon lord portraits will be done first since they don't have as much as a chosen portrait needs so that would be released in one update, the custom chosen would have a staggered release but will have something guaranteed each release. Their initial release will have their chosen, civilian, superior, forsaken, and superior forsaken completed though.

To kick things off, I'll upload my save here so people can take a look one of my longest campaign runs (Started this on R37). Obviously I'm not a contender lol, and even if for some bizarre reason I wanted to I would be disqualified because I made 3 custom chosen to start off this run so consider it as a frame of reference of how far you can make it in the game if you play your cards right, you can also take a look at some of the forsaken I've trained and use them as a frame of reference if you want some guidance for forsaken training. I deleted most of the fat since I plan on using this as a guide save later. I also plan on continuing things once I have some more time to play haha.

Alright! With everything written I hope you all have a fun time and good luck on your conquest! :D

Barovaro

Jun 5, 2017
Good luck on your run so far! A quick correction about the damage stats, each break actually increases damage stats, its just with the t1 breaks the chosen begin using actions that reduces the damage like servicing or hiding. As a quick aside, using a t2 action like inseminate or using specialized demon commanders/forsaken will prevent them from using that action so they will take the full circumstance damage amount.

Besides that, to answer your question; clearing all vulnerability tiers isn't really necessary since this is your first run, trying breaking at least 1 T4 vulnerability on each chosen and that should at least get you properly ready for the final battle.
One other thing to note with the T3 breaks is once you meet the requirements for the first one, subsequent T3 breaks will require more unresolved trauma of that type.
IE. if Miracle gets 100M unresolved PAIN first and unlocks her T3 confidence action, then it will take more than 100M for her to unlock her T3 morality action

Additionally the relationship status of your chosen will significantly impact your difficulty with the final battle. So take note of which vulnerability breaks you are doing and the order of them (specifically core and minor vulnerabilities) Having them end up as enemies is easier option for beginners but there is some merit it ensuring they're allies once you get comfortable with the game.

Some final Late game things to think about:

-To actually defeat the chosen in the final battle outside of distortions you need to buy one of the "+" upgrades like "Slime +"
Since it's very costly (100 EE) its good to try and focus on buying only 1 of them or be conservative with your EE usage, to coincide with that if you can, try to break the same T4 on all of the chosen so you can damage them all. If your EE income is good (30 EE every day is a decent amount) and you have a decent amount of days left then you can pick up another one, but I recommend picking up antipathy or empathy before getting another "+" upgrade

-Antipathy and Empathy are what I consider essential to surviving the final battle. With antipathy + chosen that hate each other the final battle will incredibly more manageable and quicker and with empathy + chosen that love each other, the final battle can you give you far more time to corrupt all chosen at the cost of it being easier to lose the final battle

-Just because your EE income is raking in far more than the beginning the game doesn't mean you can't screw yourself over at the very end. Plan out which upgrades you think you need for the final battle and keep in mind you don't need to max out your commander every battle or get every single upgrade to win.

-To win the final battle doesn't neccesarily mean corrupting all 3 chosen. As long as you survive the final battle that's considered a win. So worst-case scenario getting the chosen to kill each other in the final battle is something to consider (something that happens when they have a T4 break or are bitter enemies)
A good goal for your first time would be to try and corrupt 1 chosen in the final battle and try to get better from there

Hope some of this helps and good luck with the rest of your run! :D
Ah, regarding damage that is indeed what I am encountering: that it is harder to break multiple T2 vulnerabilities in 1 run because hitting the 10k required is harder once I broke some of the adjacent vulnerabilities. But that is quite alright.

Right now, I am definitely on a pathway to make them as friendly with eachother as possible. Frankly speaking, making them help eachother earlier lines up with a tactic to try and get exposure up for higher modifiers. Conversely, if they wouldn't show up, stuff like rally is less of an issue. The problem here is that without a commander, them showing up earlier is a pain, while with a commander I can start the chain of surrounds quite nicely before they start flying off.

(i.e at the moment I can chain a 5-turn capture into a 5-turn capture, a 7 turn surround on the main target, slightly damage the third so I can surround for the fear bonus, then do a 11/12 turn surround on the main target with a 7-turn on the secondary chosen (to try and double up). I can flip the secondary chosen to go first, which will deal a devastating amount of damage to the main target instead, but that spreads the damage very poorly I would think. )

I'll keep the late-game stuff in mind as I go and get a full picture of all capabilities.

As an aside, should I focus on the goals at all? Right now it wants me to a double defiler action, which I swore I did with a broadcast action on 2 characters. I'll see if I can do it again, but I hope I don't need one of the specific commanders for it, as those are hugely expensive (and it is far stronger for me at the moment to use normal commander, but we'll see how that goes).

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ah, regarding damage that is indeed what I am encountering: that it is harder to break multiple T2 vulnerabilities in 1 run because hitting the 10k required is harder once I broke some of the adjacent vulnerabilities. But that is quite alright.

Right now, I am definitely on a pathway to make them as friendly with eachother as possible. Frankly speaking, making them help eachother earlier lines up with a tactic to try and get exposure up for higher modifiers. Conversely, if they wouldn't show up, stuff like rally is less of an issue. The problem here is that without a commander, them showing up earlier is a pain, while with a commander I can start the chain of surrounds quite nicely before they start flying off.

(i.e at the moment I can chain a 5-turn capture into a 5-turn capture, a 7 turn surround on the main target, slightly damage the third so I can surround for the fear bonus, then do a 11/12 turn surround on the main target with a 7-turn on the secondary chosen (to try and double up). I can flip the secondary chosen to go first, which will deal a devastating amount of damage to the main target instead, but that spreads the damage very poorly I would think. )

I'll keep the late-game stuff in mind as I go and get a full picture of all capabilities.

As an aside, should I focus on the goals at all? Right now it wants me to a double defiler action, which I swore I did with a broadcast action on 2 characters. I'll see if I can do it again, but I hope I don't need one of the specific commanders for it, as those are hugely expensive (and it is far stronger for me at the moment to use normal commander, but we'll see how that goes).
No, double actions are the ones that come up in purple with + after the name and add the second Chosen to the existing run of the first to get that action in progress. You don't need a specific commander, but there are upgrades needed if I remember correctly.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes