Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Just gonna say, CSDev's sense of humor is something special, gotta love those preview images that were posted on SubscribeStar. Poor Ferdinand II, nobody informed him beforehand that he needed an incantation xD

Nov 7, 2020
I didn't know which button i hit but my button are now very small. Is there any way to fix it?

*Edit : It seem like when I press c to add cheat button the app update itself to fit screen resolution. Which is very problematic with some monitor.
* Change Screen Resolution on windows seem to fix it.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021
if anyone has any ideas how to fix this, greatly appreciated.
I opened the game after not touching it for a few days and it's significantly slower for no apparent reason, so instant options like opening the item menu suddenly take 10-15 seconds of loading, and after looking at taskmaster, it's taking over 40% of my memory. I'm going to backup my save, delete and reinstall the game to see if that helps any.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
if anyone has any ideas how to fix this, greatly appreciated.
I opened the game after not touching it for a few days and it's significantly slower for no apparent reason, so instant options like opening the item menu suddenly take 10-15 seconds of loading, and after looking at taskmaster, it's taking over 40% of my memory. I'm going to backup my save, delete and reinstall the game to see if that helps any.
How big is your saves.sav?

Mar 11, 2021
absolutely no idea, already wiped it too
for what it's worth, i do a lot of custom games testing the animalistic and undead chosen so i probably did 20-30 loops in total
nevermind, turns out i was able to recover my old save, about 80,000 KB

Last edited:

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely no idea, already wiped it too
for what it's worth, i do a lot of custom games testing the animalistic and undead chosen so i probably did 20-30 loops in total
nevermind, turns out i was able to recover my old save, about 80,000 KB
Trim your saves down and see if that helps.

Mar 11, 2021
Trim your saves down and see if that helps.
I honestly just deleted my game completely and redownloaded it, worked well until my game started slowing down again yesterday and I noticed my save file bulked up to 60,000 KB already. I deleted my save file and that worked pretty well, though my 4 saves only took up 15K kb, the other 45 seemed to be the forsaken I had racked up, and I'm pretty sure the reason why they blew my saves up is that I've been doing a bunch of single games against animalistic chosen (as well as undead games on my old save) so while I'm still not entirely certain, I'm mostly confident the issue is that animalistic and undead chosen are still new enough to not play so nice with saves, particularly as forsaken, so back to a normal campaign it is for me.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly just deleted my game completely and redownloaded it, worked well until my game started slowing down again yesterday and I noticed my save file bulked up to 60,000 KB already. I deleted my save file and that worked pretty well, though my 4 saves only took up 15K kb, the other 45 seemed to be the forsaken I had racked up, and I'm pretty sure the reason why they blew my saves up is that I've been doing a bunch of single games against animalistic chosen (as well as undead games on my old save) so while I'm still not entirely certain, I'm mostly confident the issue is that animalistic and undead chosen are still new enough to not play so nice with saves, particularly as forsaken, so back to a normal campaign it is for me.
Yeah, there's a lot of information in the saves.sav that is being processed during normal operation, not just during saving and loading. When you have a lot of saved info, you will notice the game get laggy--it's the JVM.

ShadowBlaze94

Aug 22, 2018
So, I've been trying to get into this game recently (using cheats, because I kinda want to get a base level understanding of all of the mechanics before diving in more legitimately) and I have a couple of things I don't understand

1) When doing the early game legit it never felt like I was able to get enough EE to even semi regularly bring out commanders. I think it's becuase I don't understand what breaks to go for first. Is it better to go for Core first to make minor easier?

2) In terms of late game, the T4 breaks always feel like an excercise in tedium. I know that the more circumstance damage you do, the quicker the % goes up, but it's a bit rough that they won't use the same one twice in a row and will sometimes just not use the one you want to raise even if that's the circumstance you're focusing

zargal

Aug 5, 2018
So, I've been trying to get into this game recently (using cheats, because I kinda want to get a base level understanding of all of the mechanics before diving in more legitimately) and I have a couple of things I don't understand

1) When doing the early game legit it never felt like I was able to get enough EE to even semi regularly bring out commanders. I think it's becuase I don't understand what breaks to go for first. Is it better to go for Core first to make minor easier?

2) In terms of late game, the T4 breaks always feel like an excercise in tedium. I know that the more circumstance damage you do, the quicker the % goes up, but it's a bit rough that they won't use the same one twice in a row and will sometimes just not use the one you want to raise even if that's the circumstance you're focusing
It seems like you're very close to "getting" this game, so don't give up yet! The two bits you've mentioned are the hardest parts and become easier as you go through loops.

1- Are you comfortable using a 5EE commander? You should be able to wheel them out regularly and they can break T2 (7EE if needed). You seem to be across the idea that if a commander doesn't get you closer to your goal for the day, you shouldn't use one at all. I like to go for cores first, making them enemies and netting more EE from relationship breaks, however this is the harder route since the system favors minor T1 and T2 breaks. If you're really struggling, it's not the end of the world to break minors first here, since T3 and T4's can mess up a relationship plenty by themselves. And some players prefer their chosen to be friends, so that's also a legitimate tactic. Finally, I wouldn't use a suppressor commander, only using an "auto" one when you can use a defiler as well, and that should get you to an orgy and T3.

2-Superskippy (and myself to a lesser degree) posted advice regarding targeting T4 breaks 1 page back, have a look through those posts. On a macro level, there are 3 strategies you could use to speed this part up:
A-Use those tactics listed and be intentional in your targeting of specific vulns.
B-Distortions, while a more advanced tactic, will mean you only have to break a maximum of two vulns rather than 4. I go for two distortions in the 1st loop.
C-Simply not breaking all 4. Not really recommended, since each break counts to the achievement which lowers future break thresholds (eventually down to 200% from 1000%) but I could imagine a scenario where you don't want shame fully broken. But if you're running out of time, you only need one T4 broken (with the right research) on an undistorted chosen to beat them in the final battle.
Finally, don't stress too much about when exactly you finish the loop. Being done by Day 35 is handy for training but you'd be fine 2nd loop if you use all 50 days.

Last edited:

Nightclaw

Jan 12, 2018
First off, I want to thank Kalloi for the challenge as this is the first release I did more than play around for a few loops vignette hunting, and I've been following/playing this game each month since the release before Temptation was added (whenever that was).

To preface this, I've uploaded my save at the start of Loop 18 although I have no doubts I'll clear that as the choices are easier than Loop 17 for some reason. Maybe their pre-existing breaks will complicate matters but otherwise seems easy enough. 'Trainer Faith' is my custom chosen, which is near identical to SuperSkippy's custom in terms of punisher perks but I really only got use out of the trauma boost. Motivation was never a concern for me, for various reasons.

L18 City Choice.png

Items.png
Of my items, I'd say there were 3 that stood out:

- Thesis: I could be lazy with motivation, as any damage they would take would eventually tick back up in the background.
- Propaganda: Partially to skip-complete T3s moves, in particular Enervate... Although it was funny seeing how high that would tick up on some loops. The other really useful part of this item is the burst trauma gain, which happens during the day so all chosen suddenly take a LOT more damage when it triggers. At least, it felt like they did.
- Lyrics: Although I don't go for Rampancy that often, I don't want to go back to a world without this item. The ability to turn off rampancy solves the primary problem with the distortion, perhaps a little too well honestly. No longer will you need to keep a close eye on circ levels or will the main orgy fail because their HATE ticked up faster in the 'setup' orgy.

As for my run, I don't think my progression is all that exciting. This is the first time I've attempted to play around with forsaken long-term and after a few experiments I got stuck in my ways with using one of the 3 below: After loop 5 I never saw a need to use commanders.

Forsaken 1.png
This was my go-to Forsaken for pretty much everything but very specific needs (IE the first days of the loop until all 3 chosen were about and some initial, stubborn and/or lazy orgy days). She cost 3 EE, 3.9% motivation and always gained stamina each deployment unless I was impatient and swatted a flying chosen for a T4 break, so she could be thrown out endlessly. I certainly could have trained her more/better, but juggling all 3 expertises (and keeping the combat style) became too fiddly when she would already do whatever I asked of her.

Forsaken 2.png Forsaken 3.png
My other forsaken of note: Chimera is there to stall the early game and Sekhmet is there for orgies. In hindsight, I let Sekhmet become too cheap (she costs 24 EE). She does decent enough damage, but her trauma-increase punisher perk is quite slow and there are times where more effort is required to do her job.

I'll have some other thoughts as I think of them, but one very interesting thing I noticed was when I was testing the 'return-for-revenge' function and let a Negotiated chosen flee: When she returned, she was distorted and able to be negotiated with AND even gave 1G angst to everyone to simulate what would have been required to achieve that. Of course, the disadvantage of pre-existing breaks likely outweighed the advantages but it was interesting to see.

For me personally, I find Undead the easiest chosen type to deal with by far. Their lack of damage mitigation just makes things so much easier, and their moves are controllable for the most part. Perhaps that opinion would change if I didn't have Propaganda, but they still weren't more of an issue than the equivalent Superior moves.

Also, this was my alt choice for Loop 17. I didn't go for it, as I wanted the other item (and then promptly forgot about it for almost all of Loop 17...), but this is the highest I've ever seen Luxuries get.

Loop 17 Alt.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I may be running out of creativity for all the useless forsaken I keep getting:
1679717966757.png
1679718024233.png

Anyway, hello from Loop 19, where all the choices are bad. I may be able to beat this loop if I'm willing to deal with doing full T4 breaks on 2 Undead, but this is where I'm at for now. The top option seemed easier to me, but now that I'm in it, I don't see how to win. Nightclaw, if you beat Loop 18 as you're expecting, this will mean that we are tied.

Hey, I think I have found may way through city #2, Hiroshima. Also, the fact that my highest Luxuries matches yours, Nightclaw, indicates that this might be a maximum level of Luxuries in the same way that day 20 seems to be the highest level of Preparedness and I think 50% is the highest level of Damage Mitigation.
1679720075750.png

The trouble with both of these cities is that the multiplier on Trauma resolution also serves as a multiplier on how much trauma you need for the next level. I spent all my early-loop resources to achieve a 5-turn Orgy and only got 2EE per Chosen:
1679749659110.png
But, in the top city, I'm losing 2EE per turn, so I have no idea how to claw back enough EE to get the tools I use for T3 breaks (Nursery Hives, Human Collaborators, and Networked Consciousness) before I'm down to not gaining any EE at all.

Anyway, neat run! Items were a lot better, Forsaken were notably not as good. Here's my backpack:
1679749973321.png
1679749996963.png

While Crown's Pantsu made the final battles far quicker, I don't think it actually made me get any further. 2 uses of Threaten instead of 4 and I didn't have to use any Commander/Forsaken for the loops after it, but there wasn't a battle I couldn't have won easily without it.

Resonance was absolutely standout here for generating T3 breaks.

Some notable Forsaken:
1679750107268.png
She's the best of my <5EE, but they all look similar. At that Disgrace, she costs 2EE, and with Tempt she can break right throguh an INN core and set them up for a follow-up. Others costed 3 and 4 to break MOR and EXPO, and I never got a low-level one for INJU since I had an item for that. On the other two I left the single-stat Defiler that breaks T2s. She's also a replacement for one I got after the first fight--hence V 2.0.

I like to have exactly one Rampant Chosen, and here she is:
1679751198743.png
She's notable for storing EE when fighting Undead, for often being able to get non-Core MOR/DIG breaks without the assistance of the other weak Chosen, and for growing every loop as I feed all the unused EE to her at the end. At a natural cost of 4EE, she was easy to use in the beginning of loops as well, but not very much in the midgame. Here's her breaking her Tiktok filter word kayfabe:
1679758773593.png

A really important thing is to able to set up an Orgy quickly. I had two Forsaken for that purpose:
1679752123452.png
Hers is useful because blasting up Hate doesn't cause normal and Superior Chosen to explode, giving me a bit more flexibility. Her cost was fine at 21EE.

But, sometimes, you do need them to explode. So, you call an appropriately-named Forsaken.
1679752253835.png
I am a simple man with unrefined tastes, I suppose. At 45EE cost, "I've heard Big Assplodey is no joke!"

She came with a hanger-on, though:
1679752599777.png

Of course there were various other Forsaken that I kept around because they gave big bonuses (some referenced above), but I was always waiting for the perfect Forsaken to use them on because switching around my Positions in the middle of a loop is such a pain. And a ton were thrown away.

I cleaned this saves.sav up as much as I could. It's definitely got at least one snapshot in every loop, usually 2.

CSdev
A few bugs showed up--I had some Aversion Undead that I wanted to reprogram but couldn't (I understand this is fixed in upcoming version). I had some game-crashing Negotiation bugs as well that I reported earlier in the thread. Despite the Level 5 Residual Energy Achievement saying it needs 60 sacrifices, I got it to trigger at 40 (including extra value for different species)--not sure what the intended behavior is.
I do like the ability to retry fights, but I often have to navigate back to loading because at the start of the fight, two important decisions have already been made: which Chosen I'm targeting, and (in the case of a base Commander, which happens less and less) which move I'm starting with. I've often also spent EE in ways that I thought would work but ended up not working. I, personally, would rather have a button that restarts the whole day, rather than a button that restarts just the fight, if you're taking suggestions.

To continue our earlier discussion:
The use case for Showy Publicist is supposed to be when you have one Chosen who's heavily corrupted, but another Chosen is much tougher (because she's an advanced species, for example). This will only become more relevant as the lategame species come out. That said, it probably should scale better with higher EE cost - a 55G ANGST bonus costs well over ten times the EE that a 10G ANGST bonus does, which really doesn't make sense. I was just hesitant to add non-linear scaling when pretty much all the other bonuses are linear.

So the use case is:
1) I've got a Chosen that I've managed to raise to 100M, 1G, 10G, or 100G SHAM.
2) I've done that through only Defiler+ actions (It'd be really hard to get this done through ordinary Defilers, and an Orgy would bring them all up around this threshold).
3) I've got a chosen whose ANGST just won't go up.
Even in such a system, all ANGST brings out is extra damage and a higher EE downtime action. I'm fairly sure you're planning for that, but it seems to me that what I'd need in this situation would be more Trauma to allow a T3 break, not just Angst. But, again, I don't have all the mechanics here so I'm probably missing the point.

Things I noticed this time that I didn't before:
A Total Vulnerability Break overrides a usage of Explode, if the Chosen would Explode normally that turn.
I think I've got a better sense of when Animalistic Chosen use specific moves. Single-damage Forsaken that can Release (Superior or better) are great for this--if you've got a Chosen that's got a priority on one move, they'll often use it again after a Capture/Release.
An Unbreakable Friendship isn't, if there are still breaks left that relate the two Chosen. I can be less cautious about T1/T2 breaks than I have in the past because T3/T4 breaks can give me what I need, generally.
In loops with 2 Undead, I'd generally like to find a Distortion for both of them that doesn't fully break DIG.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Nightclaw

Jan 12, 2018
One thing I immediately found out on Day 1 of Loop 18: If a chosen happens to show up with pre-breaks to enable Negotiation you don't get the free angst bomb from Propaganda. Which is understandable but still made me chuckle.

Nightclaw

Jan 12, 2018
Well, my Loop 19 choice is interesting:

L19 City Choice.png

City 2 could be doable, with a Rampancy for EE generation, but that's quite the lack of damage even with a low city value.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
It seems we're racing today, so:

Let's have the first city I've seen where damage mitigation means your damage goes DOWN for a x2 multiplier.

Loop 21:
1679785725234.png

Nightclaw

Jan 12, 2018
I'm not exactly happy with my Loop 19 "win", as I was getting sleepy and skipped a bunch of days to end it quicker (and one chosen got to run away) so I'll probably go back and fix that later but for now my Loop 20 choices:

L20 Cities.png
City 1 seems quite doable with my underestimation of Undead chosen's danger. City 2 is quite similar to your Kobe, which illustrates the difficulty ramp a bit.

Nightclaw

Jan 12, 2018
Loop 21:

L21 Cities.png

The luxuries of City 2 seemed scary and I rarely get above 2 EE each for passive income, but with its item allowing scaling of PLEA without extra mitigation and the overall low mitigation of the city itself, it has proven quite manageable with the usual combo of early Propaganda angst-bombs and Resonance keeping things up.

I'm currently on Day 10 and mostly killing time whilst I wait for T4 breaks and further rivalries to trigger for the EE to buy Antipathy.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Loop 22:

1679868330022.png

I'm going to give City 2 another go while being more careful with my EE. Last attempt stalled out before I could afford Level 3 Breaks, but I think it still may be possible if I sync up the Animalistics and do breaks in an exact sequence to maximize EE.

Edit: Nope, not enough days. City 1 it is.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes