Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
So, a couple of things I did notice; Once a distortion starts, the chosen are immune to developing the T3 break (the adaptation breaks) of their forbidden vulns, but prior to that, a vuln break can occur if you raise their traumas too heavily. This can be *particularly* difficult to manage if you are trying to activate an aversion distortion. In my case, it was the first of the three I was activating, and then I spent several days very carefully juggling all my Chosen to keep them from breaking T3s that would invalidate their distortions.

The same goes for friendship events that can break vulns, specifically innocence seems to be an issue in the events. What i'd recommend is that you include a flag that if the chosen in question hasn't already broken that vuln, that it instead be respected to avoid messing up distortions. If you're trying to carefully manage your friendships AND manage a triple distortion team, it can get very *very* hairy.

In the end I had to give up one of the three friendships to make my particular configuration work.
As Name36346, You don’t have to ride out the orgy for trauma raising if they interfere with relationships, typically for the first t3 breaks I let the orgy last for 3 turns or less, eyeing the trauma they have before I decide to retreat

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
As Name36346, You don’t have to ride out the orgy for trauma raising if they interfere with relationships, typically for the first t3 breaks I let the orgy last for 3 turns or less, eyeing the trauma they have before I decide to retreat
Ah, I thought this was on the current thread page whoops :KEK:

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
So I have been stuck on my second loop for what feels like weeks now largely because on my first attempt at it I made the mistake of trying to get the distortion on all three, which led to me not getting nearly enough EE throughout the run because they were all broken in only very specific ways, but now I'm having the problem of a powerful enough commander not being able to get the broadcast action for seemingly random reasons (sometimes I'm short by only a few hundred points, other times it's a few thousand).
I've got multiple saves across multiple days now because it's up to day 15 and I haven't gotten more than T1 breaks on the character I am going for and it is driving me crazy (there is technically a T2, but they started with it broken).
I included my .sav file in case someone better than me at this game can figure out what I need to do to fix the problem.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
So I have been stuck on my second loop for what feels like weeks now largely because on my first attempt at it I made the mistake of trying to get the distortion on all three, which led to me not getting nearly enough EE throughout the run because they were all broken in only very specific ways, but now I'm having the problem of a powerful enough commander not being able to get the broadcast action for seemingly random reasons (sometimes I'm short by only a few hundred points, other times it's a few thousand).
I've got multiple saves across multiple days now because it's up to day 15 and I haven't gotten more than T1 breaks on the character I am going for and it is driving me crazy (there is technically a T2, but they started with it broken).
I included my .sav file in case someone better than me at this game can figure out what I need to do to fix the problem.
Well, I'm experiencing some bugs trying to play with your save file, but from the parts I can look at, you haven't picked up eager breeders so I would recommend that just from the start, after that I would find a decent strategy for you goal and work from there, I targeted Paladin first and used triumph as the EXPO booster so maybe give that a try, once you find something decent, pick up human collaborators or nursery hives or both until you have enough time to get off the broadcast who I assume you want to do on Paladin. Your primary issue is without those early battle extensions upgrades you have to be really precise with your strategy and even then some objectives will be almost impossible without picking them up

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
Well, I'm experiencing some bugs trying to play with your save file, but from the parts I can look at, you haven't picked up eager breeders so I would recommend that just from the start, after that I would find a decent strategy for you goal and work from there, I targeted Paladin first and used triumph as the EXPO booster so maybe give that a try, once you find something decent, pick up human collaborators or nursery hives or both until you have enough time to get off the broadcast who I assume you want to do on Paladin. Your primary issue is without those early battle extensions upgrades you have to be really precise with your strategy and even then some objectives will be almost impossible without picking them up
Oh yeah, I think the bugs are probably because I didn't mention that I am playing on version R40c instead of the latest release.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I was a bit too lazy to do distortions but i was able to break all T4 vulnerabilities by day 34(Not the best probably). Anyways i think i made a save at day 12 with a ready 4 turn 1 capture commander, you can try to figure out a strategy from there.
Most of the times in early you have to focus on getting 2 more surrounds(3 if you include starting capture) on the chosen you attack first and 1 more (2 if you include capture) on the chosen you wanna use for expo level. Most of the times(Not all)the best combo i found is Pummel->Grind->Caress->Humilate. Your objective first should be to get 6-7 round surround on the chosen you target and then a 11 turn surround,so try different combos for that. For the second chosen you have to focus on getting expo(Don't start with Humiliate, need Hate or inju first unless you can't get those). Make sure to pay attention to extermination level to get the three surrounds you need.
As for distortions they can be annoying since you may not be able to get equal circ due to t1 breaks you have to avoid. I find inevitability to be the best item(I didn't use the item you picked btw). You can use inevitability to get a 15 turn surround and start a ramage before day 20,which gives +100 energy but after rampage you will have to manage hate and injury for rest of the loop(You can also just remove ramapage after getting the 100 bonus) Temptation is harder to trigger but also gives +100 energy. Both will also remove all angst(Unless you have hundreds of billions of it)Aversion is pretty much impossible to trigger without Networked consciousness since it needs a 10 turn orgy. Negotiation is best triggered after 2 orgies to make sure they don't lose all angst.

Btw you should update your game and start a new loop(Old saves aren't working with v41)

If you wanna know how i played your save then you can read further(I think i didn't exactly do a good job at explaining, i can try to give more tips if you want):

Note: I may have forgotten certain steps i took.
On Day 12 Save-

Use the commander to target Paladin. Use Pummel->Caress->Humiliate->Grind.
Capture Triumph. Use Pummel->Grind->Humiliate
Surround Paladin. Use Pummel->Grind->Caress->Humiliate
Attack and threaten Triumph(Threaten only if only 1 round surround is left on Paladin)
Surround Triumph. Use Humiliate->Pummel->Caress->Grind
Surround Paladin without waiting. Use Pummel->Humilate->Grind (Don't use caress or you will get Pleasure lvl3 first and increase circ penalty)
Expo should increase to lvl3 first, broadcast if you want. Inju should lvl 3 next you can wait for that too. Btw you can also try starting a late caress and then start defilier action in order to maximize trauma. Use the extra turn to get trauma on Cheer to surround. Use these surround level when only 1 turn is left for Paladin. You can use these to either get millions of dmg on paladin or break something(if possible) on cheer.

Follow similar strategies with different variations on other chosens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dargondo

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
I was a bit too lazy to do distortions but i was able to break all T4 vulnerabilities by day 34(Not the best probably). Anyways i think i made a save at day 12 with a ready 4 turn 1 capture commander, you can try to figure out a strategy from there.
Most of the times in early you have to focus on getting 2 more surrounds(3 if you include starting capture) on the chosen you attack first and 1 more (2 if you include capture) on the chosen you wanna use for expo level. Most of the times(Not all)the best combo i found is Pummel->Grind->Caress->Humilate. Your objective first should be to get 6-7 round surround on the chosen you target and then a 11 turn surround,so try different combos for that. For the second chosen you have to focus on getting expo(Don't start with Humiliate, need Hate or inju first unless you can't get those). Make sure to pay attention to extermination level to get the three surrounds you need.
As for distortions they can be annoying since you may not be able to get equal circ due to t1 breaks you have to avoid. I find inevitability to be the best item(I didn't use the item you picked btw). You can use inevitability to get a 15 turn surround and start a ramage before day 20,which gives +100 energy but after rampage you will have to manage hate and injury for rest of the loop(You can also just remove ramapage after getting the 100 bonus) Temptation is harder to trigger but also gives +100 energy. Both will also remove all angst(Unless you have hundreds of billions of it)Aversion is pretty much impossible to trigger without Networked consciousness since it needs a 10 turn orgy. Negotiation is best triggered after 2 orgies to make sure they don't lose all angst.

Btw you should update your game and start a new loop(Old saves aren't working with v41)

If you wanna know how i played your save then you can read further(I think i didn't exactly do a good job at explaining, i can try to give more tips if you want):

Note: I may have forgotten certain steps i took.
On Day 12 Save-

Use the commander to target Paladin. Use Pummel->Caress->Humiliate->Grind.
Capture Triumph. Use Pummel->Grind->Humiliate
Surround Paladin. Use Pummel->Grind->Caress->Humiliate
Attack and threaten Triumph(Threaten only if only 1 round surround is left on Paladin)
Surround Triumph. Use Humiliate->Pummel->Caress->Grind
Surround Paladin without waiting. Use Pummel->Humilate->Grind (Don't use caress or you will get Pleasure lvl3 first and increase circ penalty)
Expo should increase to lvl3 first, broadcast if you want. Inju should lvl 3 next you can wait for that too. Btw you can also try starting a late caress and then start defilier action in order to maximize trauma. Use the extra turn to get trauma on Cheer to surround. Use these surround level when only 1 turn is left for Paladin. You can use these to either get millions of dmg on paladin or break something(if possible) on cheer.

Follow similar strategies with different variations on other chosens.
Wait, you get to select what item you get?
I only got the one item.

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
At the start of a campaign, you can swap your initial item for whichever one you want, but only on the second day.
I think that was added in 41 because I didn't get that choice in 40.
I have updated to the latest version though and OH MY GOD, Inevitable is so fucking useful!

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Wait, you get to select what item you get?
I only got the one item.
You can change the first item you get on day 1 at start of campaign. Go to Info->Items->Swap
Like I said Inevitability is just my personal preference, 10k dmg items can also be useful for getting t2 breaks early for core vulnerabilities. I would say though inju or exp one will be better but it also depends on which chosens you get too(No way of knowing).
Few more general tips for you which you probably knew:
1.Increasing a trauma level adds a penalty to circ dmg. So if you have 2 lvl pain and 1 lvl disg,fear,sham. Inju will get a penalty, similarly if pain and Fear are level 2 and rest are lvl1, then inju and hate will get penalty. Since you were having problems setting up broadcast,your sham level mush have increased and got a penalty.Need to keep them all even.
2. Highest circ penalty is also applied every level(No way to remove) which is balanced out by Hate level. Every 1 level increase in circ decreases all circ dmg,so getting pleasure or expo first if you wanna break something else is ill adviced.
3. Chosen use regenerate which decreases circ dmg. So if you get to level 2 in all circ in one chosen and then surround the second chosen, first may start using regenerate which may bring some circ to lvl 1. This is a pain if you are going for Distortions and the chosen decreases inju or hate and can't do anything because using grind or Pummel will cause a unwanted break. Decreasing Expo level is also bad. So the take away is, you sometimes have to surround the chosen before they reach lvl 1 circ through regen.
4. The strategy which i shared involves finding a chosen who you can get to 6-7 surround levels with a 4 turn capture and another chosen who you can expose. It is quite effective in early game but can be less effective against animalistic chosen if you get a bad comp of chosen. Depending on the extermination level you can also increase trauma yourself, which inevitability helps in(Also helps to make trauma even)
5. It is possible to start an orgy with a 14 energy, 6 turn, +2 capture commander with 160 evac and 300 ext if you have networked consciousness,So prioritise that.After that Passion release-> Soul resonance->Synthesis.
6. When you start generating enough energy(After all t3 breaks) use it in making a commander with 1 supp and 1 defiler upgrade(Possible with synthesis)which will help to start orgies more reliably.You will also need more captures too if they have t3 confidence break. I myself prefer Hate and Plea/Inju Commander and do expo through surround.
7. The punisher upgrades should only be bought if you have increased the % to the needed amount so get all other upgrades first, better to use that extra energy to make the commander i previously mentioned. Late game get the Mastery,relentlessness and transcendence ones first and use a very strong commander to increase punisher suceptibility.
8. To increase the % Use the before mentioned commander to trigger a early orgy then use the remaining surround levels one by one to increase the %.
9.Buy the punisher upgrades one at a time depending on which % increases first on all three.

Last edited:

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Thank you to everybody who posted bug reports for R41 and R41b. I do quickly check in on this thread during the bugfix phase after every release, and it's always helpful for tracking down crashes.
I definitely benefited from it, although having to keep using a commander to keep her rampaging was a limitation.
I was expecting either no relationship bonus applied to both or relationship bonus applied and turn drop, but yeah.

Interestingly, that reminded me. Is it intentional that the round ends when you do nothing on the turn when both evac and ext is at 100% and rampancy is still in the sky? (I would still have another capture for example, intending to continue the rampage once she comes down.)
It's working as intended, since even while rampaging, the subject is still helping to clear out the last of the Demons. The only exception is the final battle, where cooperation is necessary to land the finishing blow on the Demon Lord - in that case, a rampage will extend the battle even more than a surround does, because the other Chosen can't prematurely end it by executing the rampager.
So in the final battle: Aversion is instant KO with a long enough orgy reduced baced on how many times the chosen was comatose in the current loop, Negotiation damages resolve with the special action and is boosted by repeated negotiations, Temptation relies on hitting a pleasure target and using the distortion action to KO which is reduced similar to aversion distortion.... The only one that confuses me is Rampancy since it does resolve damage per turn in rampage but I've never managed to get the damage in a singular turn to increase from 4 or whatever value it was. Is this on purpose with the focus being to send the chosen in a long enough rampage to break them? If so what does the rampancy % actually do for the player?
The rampancy effectiveness percentage is a direct multiplier on how quickly HATE and EXPO damage accumulates. This is helpful, because the Resolve lost for each turn rampaging is multiplied by the subject's HATE level (in exactly the same way that Threaten+, Slime+, etc. all multiply the Resolve damage by the associated trauma level).
Oh interesting. FWIW I would have also preferred personality changes not resetting a bunch of stuff like name and family. Was working on homage characters and had to redo those a lot x_x
This is a tricky interface problem to solve, because players might sometimes prefer to know what the default is whenever it changes. Maybe I should just add a separate button to reset the Chosen to the default cosmetics for her current personality.
Is it crazy to idly wonder if some day we'll get a way to cut down our forsaken management without consigning them to the breeding pits? Like what if they did a really good job and you like them but also you don't want to keep scrolling past them all the time because you have more powerful versions. Too bad there isn't some farm we could let them run free on.
This is related to my plans for Angelic Forsaken. Still working on it, though, so I can't give specifics.
Is this game really text only? No ui or pictures? If the writing really is as good as everyone says you should try to remake the game in hmtl/renpy whatever and add art. So many similar games receive a huge amount of money per month.
When I see how much money some of those VNs make, I do sometimes question my choice of genre for Corrupted Saviors. Unfortunately, it's harder to make the visuals line up with the gameplay in a game like this, and people don't seem to like giving money to projects with few visual elements.

I've considered adding more "story" scenes for the boss Chosen and adding visuals for those, but I'm not sure whether spending time focusing on that would go over well with the people who are happy with the game's current focus.
Second Edit: Also found a typo. Not sure where to report typo bugs but... View attachment 2569032
Typo reports are definitely welcome here too. Incidentally, I find it pretty funny that a typo which has been in the game for so long ended up getting reported by two different players in such a short time period.
No representation for half-siblings, step siblings or lesbian moms in the family system?
Half siblings are possible, but none of the game text acknowledges them as different from full siblings yet. Step siblings will require the game to acknowledge marriage and sexual orientation (which will probably come together, but not for a few more months). Lesbian moms are already in, if you're counting futanari.
I'm trying to train Reaper, a rampancy forsaken but it's rather hard with her low obedience. How much should the total consent be before she accepts the training? Is it fine as long as her total consent is positive even if its +1?

Also, for loved one consent modifier, is it something like:
Consent w/ loved one = ((Forsaken obedience - loved one's higher obedience) +20)?
Reaper's obedience is 15% and her friend, Prodigy (normal forsaken), is at 55%.
Reaper gets +0 (Trying to distract you from Prodigy) as a modifier in-game but the forsaken reference.txt states that a forsaken gets +20 for a loved one, and negative for a loved one with a higher obedience and the trained forsaken's difference. So why is it +0 instead of -20?
The penalty is up to the Obedience difference, but in practice, it's almost always lower, because it also gets multiplied by a fraction depending on the Forsaken's own Obedience. Forsaken at 80% and higher Obedience will not care at all about loved ones with even higher Obedience than themselves. Forsaken at 60% Obedience will only care a little, Forsaken at 40% Obedience will care a bit more, and so on.
I also ran into some bugs going into the Victory boss fight scenario, I noticed that when entering battles Victory would sometimes use images from her forsaken folder instead of her chosen; it would fix itself by the second turn but it was happening fairly consistently. There was another bug I ran into but I haven't been able to repicate it yet, I think doing a defiler+ on both of her minions caused a softlock where the game would loop their capture dialogue but I only saw it the once and wasn't careful enough tracing the actions back before reloading so i'm not entirely sure what the conditions for it happening were. I'll try to get a save for it if I run into it again.
Thanks for the report about the incorrect portrait folder being set for some of Victory's lines - I think I caught all of them, but feel free to report any others you find.
Also, not sure if this is a bug or intended but when victory gets added to the main menu forsaken roster after completing the scenario she seems to have the same bonuses as a normal animalistic chosen rather than any unique ones, at least for the negotiated version of her I got.
This is because the game generates a new Victory for every playthrough, and it determines whether a Chosen is Victory by comparing her to that playthrough's Victory. So, the only way to use Victory's Forsaken bonuses in single play mode is by continuing past the final battle (and using Victory against herself). Some boss bonuses won't be functional outside of campaign mode, but I guess it would make sense to have Victory's be carried over into single play.
With the addition of angel and demon chosen, I'm curious obout the lore behind them and other chosen types. Do these chosen form from as a result of specific aspects or aspirations humanity has manifesting itself or is it due to another factor?

Hell, I just had an idea of having a sort of progression or achievement system outside of campain loops and scenarios where reaching certain milestones globally would unlock bits of lore about the world and specific species. Say having possession of each distortion type of the animalistic chosen would unlock the entry regarding how an animalistic chosen come into existence as a basic example.

Could even piggy back on the new boss system with lore surrounding either how a chosen becomes a/the leader of a faction or detail more specifically how, say, Victory became the leader of the Animalistic faction.

Have yet to play the new .41 update by the way, this is just a reaction to the changelog at the time of this post.
I suppose I can spoil a bit of the lore regarding Angels and Devils in this universe. When the Psychic Singularity hit and supernatural events started to crop up everywhere, a bunch of people suddenly remembered that they were actually the human incarnations of Angels and Devils who had existed since the creation of the universe. Most of these people aren't actually Chosen, but they still have supernatural abilities of their own. And the ones who are Chosen are very strong because they're basically getting superpowers from two different sources at once.

Incidentally, there's a big debate over whether these Angels and Devils "actually" existed before the Psychic Singularity. One of the most prominent Chosen, Reason, holds that all the Angels' and Devils' memories of the distant past are just a shared hallucination. But regardless of whether that's the case, Heaven and Hell are real places now, and neither of them are friendly with the Demons.

Using in-game feats to unlock codex entries is an idea that I've considered, but I'm not sure if most players would find it worthwhile. I suppose the item archive accessed from the main menu is already sort of like that - in case you weren't aware, the entry for each item has more flavor text when you aren't viewing it in the middle of a run.

In any case, I do want to write more story entries for the boss Chosen, describing their past history and showing more details about how they react as they're finally corrupted. I plan to go back and write some for Victory if I have time this month.
Sidenote, I'm content being ignored on this suggestion and others I make as Corrupted Saviors is a rather unique game and would rather have the dev's passion shine through the entire product than see the loss of it due to being forced to implement something they don't want to implement, whether that be self imposed or otherwise.

Hmm, An idea for the far off future as most development focus is on campain and chosen types would be a type of conquest mode which follows a system closer to games like eratohok and civilisation (for lack of better references) where you use the cities you've captured to create various items or bonuses to help you're corruption of the world, this being balanced out by humanity gaining the ability to neutralize these cities, whether that be reclaiming the city or nuking it into oblivion. Basically the player would have the option to forgo looping to a new city for however many days they want so long as they could repel the gradually strengthening attacks on the teritory that they have taken. The losing condition in this mode being the loss of their last territory along with the usual condition of losing the main body in the final battle... Maybe an expensive item would be additional main bodies that would serve as extra lives in the event of a failed loop.

Anyway this is a suggestion I'm making for the long off future when CSdev has gotten all they want into the game and desires new ideas to put into the game as this would be a massive resource hog if implemented right this moment. That and conquest mode as I've detailed is heavily reliant on campain mode being done.
This sounds like it might be more like sequel territory. I think it's very important for a game to have a tight focus and keep everything tied to the central mechanic. That said, I'd want any sequel to Corrupted Saviors to be of a different genre, but still similar enough that the same players will enjoy both. So, a game with more of a territory conquest focus might fit.
...also when do we get Strap-ons and spanking actions in Custom Sex scenes? Just curious.
As alex2011 says, the update which decouples Chosen virginity from Morality Break would be a natural time to add that. Strap-ons will require a decent amount of new flavor text to differentiate them from futa penises, so I don't want to half-ass it.
So considering how special this boss chosen is and the way some systems were reworked, what's the likelihood a current loop in progress would be compatible with an upgrade to R41?

I know usually it's 'probably fine, but no guarantees' but this seems like a big change to how chosen are placed in loops.
Does anyone face an issue with saves hanging in version 41? My saves seem to not be working in version 41
I always try to maintain save compatibility, but unfortunately, it looks like this one ended up breaking saves due to an oversight on my part.
I found a bug in 41c. Whenever I use forsaken defilers on the chosen, the stats page doesn't update virginity statuses.
View attachment 2594211
This is the stat screen after using torture on a chosen 2 days in a row. Nothing game breaking of course, but figured it might be useful info for dev.
Thanks for catching this. There are a few cases that slipped by me where certain actions don't increment sex stats. I'll try to fix them all by Release 42.
I would like to know, What does that mean when a ? is in the case for vulnerability? I know that / means it can be broken but I don't know what? mean.
It means that you have a Forsaken whose Punisher effect decreases the progress requirement enough that you'd be able to use her to break it. If you already have that Forsaken set as your Punisher, then the "?" becomes a "!".

Reactions: alex2011

posttenebraslux1

Feb 11, 2019
Thank you to everybody who posted bug reports for R41 and R41b. I do quickly check in on this thread during the bugfix phase after every release, and it's always helpful for tracking down crashes.

It's working as intended, since even while rampaging, the subject is still helping to clear out the last of the Demons. The only exception is the final battle, where cooperation is necessary to land the finishing blow on the Demon Lord - in that case, a rampage will extend the battle even more than a surround does, because the other Chosen can't prematurely end it by executing the rampager.

The rampancy effectiveness percentage is a direct multiplier on how quickly HATE and EXPO damage accumulates. This is helpful, because the Resolve lost for each turn rampaging is multiplied by the subject's HATE level (in exactly the same way that Threaten+, Slime+, etc. all multiply the Resolve damage by the associated trauma level).

This is a tricky interface problem to solve, because players might sometimes prefer to know what the default is whenever it changes. Maybe I should just add a separate button to reset the Chosen to the default cosmetics for her current personality.

This is related to my plans for Angelic Forsaken. Still working on it, though, so I can't give specifics.

When I see how much money some of those VNs make, I do sometimes question my choice of genre for Corrupted Saviors. Unfortunately, it's harder to make the visuals line up with the gameplay in a game like this, and people don't seem to like giving money to projects with few visual elements.

I've considered adding more "story" scenes for the boss Chosen and adding visuals for those, but I'm not sure whether spending time focusing on that would go over well with the people who are happy with the game's current focus.

Typo reports are definitely welcome here too. Incidentally, I find it pretty funny that a typo which has been in the game for so long ended up getting reported by two different players in such a short time period.

Half siblings are possible, but none of the game text acknowledges them as different from full siblings yet. Step siblings will require the game to acknowledge marriage and sexual orientation (which will probably come together, but not for a few more months). Lesbian moms are already in, if you're counting futanari.

The penalty is up to the Obedience difference, but in practice, it's almost always lower, because it also gets multiplied by a fraction depending on the Forsaken's own Obedience. Forsaken at 80% and higher Obedience will not care at all about loved ones with even higher Obedience than themselves. Forsaken at 60% Obedience will only care a little, Forsaken at 40% Obedience will care a bit more, and so on.

Thanks for the report about the incorrect portrait folder being set for some of Victory's lines - I think I caught all of them, but feel free to report any others you find.

This is because the game generates a new Victory for every playthrough, and it determines whether a Chosen is Victory by comparing her to that playthrough's Victory. So, the only way to use Victory's Forsaken bonuses in single play mode is by continuing past the final battle (and using Victory against herself). Some boss bonuses won't be functional outside of campaign mode, but I guess it would make sense to have Victory's be carried over into single play.

I suppose I can spoil a bit of the lore regarding Angels and Devils in this universe. When the Psychic Singularity hit and supernatural events started to crop up everywhere, a bunch of people suddenly remembered that they were actually the human incarnations of Angels and Devils who had existed since the creation of the universe. Most of these people aren't actually Chosen, but they still have supernatural abilities of their own. And the ones who are Chosen are very strong because they're basically getting superpowers from two different sources at once.

Incidentally, there's a big debate over whether these Angels and Devils "actually" existed before the Psychic Singularity. One of the most prominent Chosen, Reason, holds that all the Angels' and Devils' memories of the distant past are just a shared hallucination. But regardless of whether that's the case, Heaven and Hell are real places now, and neither of them are friendly with the Demons.

Using in-game feats to unlock codex entries is an idea that I've considered, but I'm not sure if most players would find it worthwhile. I suppose the item archive accessed from the main menu is already sort of like that - in case you weren't aware, the entry for each item has more flavor text when you aren't viewing it in the middle of a run.

In any case, I do want to write more story entries for the boss Chosen, describing their past history and showing more details about how they react as they're finally corrupted. I plan to go back and write some for Victory if I have time this month.

This sounds like it might be more like sequel territory. I think it's very important for a game to have a tight focus and keep everything tied to the central mechanic. That said, I'd want any sequel to Corrupted Saviors to be of a different genre, but still similar enough that the same players will enjoy both. So, a game with more of a territory conquest focus might fit.

As alex2011 says, the update which decouples Chosen virginity from Morality Break would be a natural time to add that. Strap-ons will require a decent amount of new flavor text to differentiate them from futa penises, so I don't want to half-ass it.

I always try to maintain save compatibility, but unfortunately, it looks like this one ended up breaking saves due to an oversight on my part.

Thanks for catching this. There are a few cases that slipped by me where certain actions don't increment sex stats. I'll try to fix them all by Release 42.

It means that you have a Forsaken whose Punisher effect decreases the progress requirement enough that you'd be able to use her to break it. If you already have that Forsaken set as your Punisher, then the "?" becomes a "!".

Thanks for the reply, would the compatibility issue be fixed in the future or should i just delete my current save?

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
I'd like to have Empathy and Antipathy be replaced by other upgrades depending on the conditions at the start of the loop, but I'm still working on what exactly to replace them with.
One thought for this might be a replacement of Antipathy that allows chosen to sacrifice themselves, instead of their enemies, either to free an ally or just hasten the end of the battle. Not sure how this would be balanced with the boss chosen but it's an idea.

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
I found a minor bug

if you are targeting a flying champion with the temptation distortion
using a flying commander with no suppressors
and have the Networked Consciousness upgrade
You can not tempt a chosen on captureas the tempt option dose not appear,
You can however tempt her on the next turn.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Did the chosen downtime logic change in 41? I'm noticing that sometimes when I pass time, the chosen choose to do an action that generates no EE, when in the past they would have generated at least 1.
1683767970748.png
If they have over 200 angst, shouldn't they be generating EE?

Necromemer

Dec 30, 2021
Man, I'm very interested in the game, but I can't figure out how to play it right for the life of me.
Are there any tutorials besides the .txt in the files?
I really want to get into this game.

Jul 14, 2018
Man, I'm very interested in the game, but I can't figure out how to play it right for the life of me.
I don't think so. It also depends heavily on the stats of the chosen you face.

I'll give you a very rough guide. I think one of the things with this game is that it's hard to tell when you're doing well or badly (the first 1-2 runs you don't really know until you hit the end of a run, day 50, if you've been doing well or not).

Tip 1: Ignore distortions until you've at least beat a 50 day run once.

Goal 1: Attacks and surrounds
Day 1-9

Ideally a girl generates EE every day after you've met her, though if you're new it's alright if you miss maybe the day you've met her, or once or twice after. It's alright if you're not getting much to happen the first couple of days. Spend the EE to develop research.

To do this, you must learn what attacks each girl is vulnerable to: threaten/slime/attack/taunt.
You also get to learn the basic surround mechanics.

Goal 2: Circumstance damage
Day 10-17

Get every girl to generate 2 EE every day. To get there, you have to break vulnerabilities. There are rare instances where a particular girl is hard to break and you'll have to make do with only 2 girls at 2 EE per day, but most of the time this is doable.

To break vulnerabilities you must do enough circumstance damage (grind, caress, pummel, humiliate).
If you focus on breaking a particular girl:

grind and caress help deal more trauma damage
grind and pummel help deal more circumstance damage
humiliate on one of the other girls help deal circumstance damage to this one

Goal 3: Tier 3 break and friendship
Day 17-26

Besides the daily 6 EE you're getting, you're also getting EE from breaks and events as you've noticed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Getting the Tier 3 breaks depends on having sufficient circumstance damage so that you unlock a specific action when a girl is surrounded. The typical way to get there is to have a commander that costs somewhere of about 10-15 EE to create. Non-special commanders are easier to manage than the specialised ones, because they capture a girl even if they just captured another one.

Once you get commanders that can do 3 surrounds the game becomes a lot easier because you can surround each girl as soon as they show up and do them enough damage so you can surround them again when they escape, setting up longer days with lots of damage.

Goal 4: Tier 4 break
Day 27-40

Do enough damage to each girl to get them to T4 breaks where they start to use unethical methods to fight back, opening them up to deeper breaks. The easy way to get there is through multiturn orgies, as the trauma (and therefor angst) builds up incredibly fast from them.

The two drawbacks to long orgies are that this might do enough damage to open up multiple T4's, which can be hard to deal with when you haven't figured them out well enough. And the other is that it generally goes past distortions: but we were going to ignore distortions. Therefor I often stop orgies early at specific points if I want an easier end game.

Get at least one T4 break on each girl. Plan which you want to develop to 1000 so that you can do tier 5 breaks

Learning how each T4 operates can be part of the fun. You need to get their vulnerability to 1000. You don't need to get to 1000 in this period, but some progress is helpful.

Goal 5: The last day
Day 35-50

The easiest end game is if you break at least 1 T5 on each girl. The more the better.

Though there are also a number of ways to win without this. The research and girl profiles are updated to give some insight in how to win the last day. How to do the last day well depends more on the preparation than how you do the day itself.

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Outside of the in game "hit this goal."? No.
There are, however, several game guides in this thread that will hold your hand through a loop while you get your bearings, the one I used was by Fruit_Smoothie (or something similar as I may have mispelled) which did the first half of the loop day by day.

Failing those guides, another (less optimal) option you can do is to turn on cheats and only use the change day cheat to basically give yourself infinite time to learn the mechanical knowledge in one loop. There are other cheats, but those will mess with the game balance significantly so it would be best to stick with the one cheat for properly learning the mechanics of battle and setting up breaks in a vacuum (aka no timer). After that? Practice doing standard (0 modifier) loops or scenarios to get a feel on doing it on a normal non cheat playthrough.

Reactions: Necromemer

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
So is there a reference/help guide anywhere?
not so much for gameplay itself, but with gameplay elements like how the four attacks work as a whole, what the various distortion plans fully entail, what the various Forsaken mechanics fully entail, etc.
Because the only way I have been able to figure any of that out has been by banging my head against the wall and redoing entire loops after figuring out that something I was doing wasn't a good thing to do in the long run.

For example, I triggered rampancy on one loop and that turned out to be the right move because it was easily triggered, prevented final battle end (giving me the ability to get all three of the chosen as forsaken) and gave me 30 evil energy every day as long as I triggered it, but then on a different loop I triggered temptation (near the end of the loop sadly because I made the mistake of trying to go for more than one distortion) and that turned out to be a terrible move because it had a huge trigger requirement to start, required multiple days of triggering to lower the requirement to something more manageable, only gave 15 EE, and did not prevent the other chosen from straight up murdering her during the final battle, which basically forced me to redo the whole loop if I wanted to try to get more than just a single chosen on my side.

So like, some kind of reference guide that explains mechanics fully would be infinitely helpful with this game because there is a lot that is currently just left to guess work since they are not explained clearly anywhere in the game, resulting in a lot of save scumming (like what do the four Forsaken trait percentages do? Because the only one that is actually explained is Disgrace, which lowers that forsaken's power but makes them more affordable)

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
So is there a reference/help guide anywhere?
not so much for gameplay itself, but with gameplay elements like how the four attacks work as a whole, what the various distortion plans fully entail, what the various Forsaken mechanics fully entail, etc.
Because the only way I have been able to figure any of that out has been by banging my head against the wall and redoing entire loops after figuring out that something I was doing wasn't a good thing to do in the long run.
Have you tried reading the text files that came with the download?

Reactions: Dargondo
3.80 star(s) 54 Votes