thederpamon

Mar 12, 2019
I'm trying to get the girls' effectivenesses up, Hypnosis, Parasitism, etc., and they seem to have a small chance of using things that increase those things, but it seems the more I attack them, the more they just spam Regenerate? What should I be doing?

thederpamon

Mar 12, 2019
Also, is there a way to target Core vulnerabilities without causing a rift between the Chosen? What's the most positive relationship they can have in this version of the game, also? I want to break the girls, but I also want them to be very close to each other

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm trying to get the girls' effectivenesses up, Hypnosis, Parasitism, etc., and they seem to have a small chance of using things that increase those things, but it seems the more I attack them, the more they just spam Regenerate? What should I be doing?
Just keep at it and they will eventually do the thing, it's just that regenerate is weighted more favorably among the list of actions they can do.

Also, is there a way to target Core vulnerabilities without causing a rift between the Chosen? What's the most positive relationship they can have in this version of the game, also? I want to break the girls, but I also want them to be very close to each other
If you break minor vulnerabilities on other Chosen first, it would have the opposite effect, pushing them closer. The rift is forming because there are Chosen that have a minor vulnerability matching the core you broke in the last battle. If it says unbreakable friendship in their relationship, that's the max, it can't get any higher and you are also safe from forming a rift between those two, though unbreakable friendship doesn't usually happen before there are no core/minor matchups left.

thederpamon

Mar 12, 2019
Just keep at it and they will eventually do the thing, it's just that regenerate is weighted more favorably among the list of actions they can do.

If you break minor vulnerabilities on other Chosen first, it would have the opposite effect, pushing them closer. The rift is forming because there are Chosen that have a minor vulnerability matching the core you broke in the last battle. If it says unbreakable friendship in their relationship, that's the max, it can't get any higher and you are also safe from forming a rift between those two, though unbreakable friendship doesn't usually happen before there are no core/minor matchups left.
That's all extremely helpful, thank you!

Reactions: alex2011
Jul 14, 2018
Whenever the preconditions are met, they do the corrupted action causing their vulnerability to go up. However, they won't do the same such action twice in a row.

You can read the relevant .txt file what the preconditions are or when you unlock them you get a text that hints it pretty clearly what the preconditions are.

Reactions: thederpamon

thederpamon

Mar 12, 2019
This game is really difficult, even on the standard difficulty.... but to be entirely honest, I don't really want a challenge.
I just want to break cute girls.... I want them to break from pleasure and hypnosis, I want to see them deep in mindless tranced bliss, I want them to become brainwashed, I want them to become so thoroughly addicted to pleasure that they fall in love with me and serve me out of pure devotion... I want to claim and twist their minds to serve lust and demonkind....

So, y'know, when the game challenges me too much to get those things done, it's actually quite frustrating. That's why I play with cheats on

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Also, is there a way to reverse two Chosen from being enemies?
Up to a certain point, if you can start breaking minor vulnerabilities before cores, you should be able to get them back to at least neutral. However, you probably can't max out friendship to unbreakable once you start a rift, I've never seen it recover that much. Also note that there is an enemy form of unbreakable friendship where they will permanently be enemies if you max that out by breaking too many cores before minor vulnerabilities.

thederpamon

Mar 12, 2019
Up to a certain point, if you can start breaking minor vulnerabilities before cores, you should be able to get them back to at least neutral. However, you probably can't max out friendship to unbreakable once you start a rift, I've never seen it recover that much. Also note that there is an enemy form of unbreakable friendship where they will permanently be enemies if you max that out by breaking too many cores before minor vulnerabilities.
That makes sense to me. I still can't tell, though
is it possible to repair the relationship between Miracle and Mayhem here at this point? Or am I totally fucked 1685252749951.png

ShadowBlaze94

Aug 22, 2018
Ok, I think the main thing I need to figure out now is how much I can afford to spend on commanders and still save up EE for necessary upgrades. I'm getting 15 EE per day but need to start getting upgrades costing 20 EE

Edit: Also, am I correct in focusing Rebel? She takes so much less CIRC damage than the other 2that it feels like if she isn't my target then I cannot get a defiler action on her (which is annoying since I'm starting to try for orgies)

Last edited:

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Ok, I think the main thing I need to figure out now is how much I can afford to spend on commanders and still save up EE for necessary upgrades. I'm getting 15 EE per day but need to start getting upgrades costing 20 EE

Edit: Also, am I correct in focusing Rebel? She takes so much less CIRC damage than the other 2that it feels like if she isn't my target then I cannot get a defiler action on her (which is annoying since I'm starting to try for orgies)
It's a bit of a slow burn for my tastes, though distortion mixes thing up a bit. For fast start in a fresh campaign i always suggest grabbing item that corresponds to your initial chosen core and break it immediately (pleasure core is easiest to work with). this way you will be getting bunch of EE from the get go + as soon as you'll get 3rd girl (turn 7 or 8) you'll have instant enemity/friendsip event with big point influx. so you can start using basci 2/4 commander at turn 8 or 9

ShadowBlaze94

Aug 22, 2018
It's a bit of a slow burn for my tastes, though distortion mixes thing up a bit. For fast start in a fresh campaign i always suggest grabbing item that corresponds to your initial chosen core and break it immediately (pleasure core is easiest to work with). this way you will be getting bunch of EE from the get go + as soon as you'll get 3rd girl (turn 7 or 8) you'll have instant enemity/friendsip event with big point influx. so you can start using basci 2/4 commander at turn 8 or 9
Yeah, I did that with Rebel to get a head start on her INN core. I did end up pretty much having a forced friendship between Tyrant and Whisper though, because Whisper started out with pre-broken T2 CON

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I believe that the fix should make it possible for saves which didn't work in R41 to start working correctly again in R42.

I've considered this, but the main issue is that having any Chosen die in the first place is generally a sub-optimal result. An upgrade that makes it more likely for the Chosen to die might make it easier to win that loop, but it'll slow down the player's overall strength progression.

Thanks for catching this. It'll be fixed in the next version.

R41 included a bugfix that was causing some weird decisions for Chosen group actions, but that bug had also been concealing an underlying issue with low-tier sinful downtimes. Apparently, back in Release 1, I had decided that ANGST should only be a factor when deciding whether to perform downtime actions worth +2EE and up (i.e. Chosen currently only consider FEAR, DISG, PAIN, and SHAM when deciding whether to perform +1EE actions). R42 will properly have ANGST be a factor for those actions as well (each point of ANGST will be worth 1/10 of 1 point of trauma, which is similar to how other downtime action decisions work, so 2000 ANGST will guarantee +1EE even if all trauma has been resolved).

I wasn't able to reproduce this bug. If you can upload a save where it happens, I'll take a look.

Chosen base susceptibility to trauma and damage ranges from 0-100. The bonus from ANGST normally makes it so that a value of 0 isn't much worse than a value of 1, but this is an edge case where it is. It's not a bug, but it might be something that should be rebalanced.

As of R41, I agree that the bonuses for beating bosses are a bit lackluster. But once the advanced species are implemented, beating bosses is how you'll unlock them, so I think that will make them feel a bit more significant. And more importantly, the second boss sort of acts as a "boss achievement" dispenser herself - she'll start off resisting and applying penalties even as Forsaken, but as you beat other bosses, you'll be able to flip those penalties into equivalent bonuses.

Thanks for the bug reports. They'll both be fixed in R42.

Being able to rearrange Forsaken would make sense. In addition, the Angel species of Forsaken (which will be unlocked by beating Victory) will provide you with options to "retire" Forsaken for various passive bonuses, which will allow you to interact with the happily-retired Forsaken if you feel like it, but will also reduce clutter on the main Forsaken list.

Yes, it was related to a bug in the custom sex scene code which was causing some other reported crashes as well. They should all be fixed in R42.

For what it's worth, the new boss will also be available as soon as Loop 10, and she'll have a single play scenario too (although the scenario version won't involve all the post-"defeat" effects unique to her).
Well if different bosses will give different bonuses and not only have forsaken bonus then I think it's fine to not have a boss achievement. Seems a bit weird though that defeating one of the strongest chosen doesn't scare other chosen or inspire forsaken. It's upto you though.

Also don't know if it's a good suggestion or not but maybe having empathy will make it so that if you break the resolve of one the chosen, the other chosen will take a fixed amount of resolve damage depending on the friendship. You can either add a cap to this or add another resolve broken condition. Maybe also make bosses take less resolve damage this way but breaking the boss will also break the other attendants?
Don't know about Antipathy though, it already seems useful and is gonna be kinda pointless in boss battles anyways.Maybe chosen take resolve damage if in a defiler + or orgy with enemies?

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
So I'm wondering, is this at least on track to be able to finish by Day 50? This is on Day 27
Well, doess seem a bit slow to me but I am not really good at giving advise. I will tell you though that most of the time it's possible to start an orgy with 300 extermination and 160 evacuation(Human collaborators) with a 6 turn and 3 captures(determination) commander if you get networked consciousness(Go for Dominance and Casual projection) . Well atleast for me it is(not always)Have you started an orgy yet of atleast 5 turns?I can tell you to the steps I use if you want.

ShadowBlaze94

Aug 22, 2018
Well, doess seem a bit slow to me but I am not really good at giving advise. I will tell you though that most of the time it's possible to start an orgy with 300 extermination and 160 evacuation(Human collaborators) with a 6 turn and 3 captures(determination) commander if you get networked consciousness(Go for Dominance and Casual projection) . Well atleast for me it is(not always)Have you started an orgy yet of atleast 5 turns?I can tell you to the steps I use if you want.
I'm trying to, but I've only managed 1 turn so far. Although, that was on a save that I didn't keep where I picked up Reality Sealing. Having the steps would be a huge help

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I'm trying to, but I've only managed 1 turn so far. Although, that was on a save that I didn't keep where I picked up Reality Sealing. Having the steps would be a huge help
So I would recommend going back a few saves if you want to, back to where you had all 2 energy upgrades then focus on getting Intelligence,Genius,Mania->Extermination upgrade, Lust-Human collaborators, Casual projection, Anger-Dominance,Networked consciousness, versatility and determination.

Make a 14 energy commander(6-3), don't use ambush(Battle should start captured)
Target Whisper Pummel->Grind->Caress/Humailiate->Caress/Humiliate
Tyrant should arrive, capture her after you have used all the four above mentioned
On Tyrant: Humiliate->Pummel or grind->Pummel or grind->Caress

Surround Whisper: Use Pummel->Humiliate->Grind, Tyrant should be out
Surround tyrant and Pummel

Now pay attention to Extermination level, you have to capture Rebel before it's completed. So do that now.
Use Pummel->Grind->Caress->Humiliate

I don't know the exact surround levels they will have but this should lead to a orgy. Make sure they all get level 3 in the same circ(Should be inj probably)

If this doesn't work you can share your save file.

Btw You have chosen negotiation as a distortion so you will need to spend few of your days on that to get Appleal damage by, not the best choice for a single distortion.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That makes sense to me. I still can't tell, though
is it possible to repair the relationship between Miracle and Mayhem here at this point? Or am I totally fucked View attachment 2655553
It should be doable, but it looks like there is a distortion in effect on the one you would need to break further to fix it. Breaking that core any further cancels the distortion, which is not what you want in the long run. Distortions are something you absolutely want to keep, extremely beneficial when the Chosen becomes a Forsaken.

thederpamon

Mar 12, 2019
It should be doable, but it looks like there is a distortion in effect on the one you would need to break further to fix it. Breaking that core any further cancels the distortion, which is not what you want in the long run. Distortions are something you absolutely want to keep, extremely beneficial when the Chosen becomes a Forsaken.
Damn....... that's a tough dilemma. I don't really want any of my Chosen to be enemies, mostly for roleplay reasons.
But those Distortion bonuses are so very useful...

Reactions: alex2011
3.80 star(s) 54 Votes