alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Damn....... that's a tough dilemma. I don't really want any of my Chosen to be enemies, mostly for roleplay reasons.
But those Distortion bonuses are so very useful...
What I do is I take the save and split it off into as many copies as there are ways to win, not including dead or escaped Chosen, and play each in a different way so that I have ones that follow both what benefits me as the player in future loops and what I want to see as a relationship between each.

I usually reserve my no distortions, total vulnerability breaks save for having unbreakable friendships across the entire team and the rest focus on the distortion without regard for relationships as long as I get all three as Forsaken. The one with all unbreakable friendships is the one I use as my main save.

This avoids having to sacrifice one for the other, but it is a bit more real time consuming.

Reactions: thederpamon

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Damn....... that's a tough dilemma. I don't really want any of my Chosen to be enemies, mostly for roleplay reasons.
But those Distortion bonuses are so very useful...
Btw the closest thing to what you are looking for is Negotiation and not temptation so you can mix those to get better friendship. Also I am pretty sure chosen can also form unbreakable bonds through distortions. So try to see if you can doTemptation on all three of them on the same day or negotiation on the same day.

Remember when you trigger a distortion it does a relationship "Event" with one of the chosen. Though I am not sure about this but it may chose the partners based on Core-Minor relationship too, so if you make sure to not make any bitter enemies,it may work out.

Just gotta make sure to have Unbreakable friendship if you do two different distortions on Core-Minor pair.

thederpamon

Mar 12, 2019
Btw the closest thing to what you are looking for is Negotiation and not temptation so you can mix those to get better friendship. Also I am pretty sure chosen can also form unbreakable bonds through distortions. So try to see if you can doTemptation on all three of them on the same day or negotiation on the same day.

Remember when you trigger a distortion it does a relationship "Event" with one of the chosen. Though I am not sure about this but it may chose the partners based on Core-Minor relationship too, so if you make sure to not make any bitter enemies,it may work out.

Just gotta make sure to have Unbreakable friendship if you do two different distortions on Core-Minor pair.
Unfortunately, with the starting stats of those three Chosen, Temptation was not possible on all three. Only two. I believe the other was.... Aversion?

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Unfortunately, with the starting stats of those three Chosen, Temptation was not possible on all three. Only two. I believe the other was.... Aversion?
Then just do a triple Negotiation, I am pretty sure you will prefer negotiation over temptation anyways for roleplaying. Do a few orgies and get either a few billion or trillions of trauma and then you can either go for t4 breaks or just keep negotiating till the last day.
Just make sure your appeal damage is enough to break their resolve.

If mayhem started with broken dignity,just make sure that she has unbreakable friendship with both of them before negotiating with the other two and don't do a distortion on her.

Reactions: thederpamon

ShadowBlaze94

Aug 22, 2018
So I would recommend going back a few saves if you want to, back to where you had all 2 energy upgrades then focus on getting Intelligence,Genius,Mania->Extermination upgrade, Lust-Human collaborators, Casual projection, Anger-Dominance,Networked consciousness, versatility and determination.

Make a 14 energy commander(6-3), don't use ambush(Battle should start captured)
Target Whisper Pummel->Grind->Caress/Humailiate->Caress/Humiliate
Tyrant should arrive, capture her after you have used all the four above mentioned
On Tyrant: Humiliate->Pummel or grind->Pummel or grind->Caress

Surround Whisper: Use Pummel->Humiliate->Grind, Tyrant should be out
Surround tyrant and Pummel

Now pay attention to Extermination level, you have to capture Rebel before it's completed. So do that now.
Use Pummel->Grind->Caress->Humiliate

I don't know the exact surround levels they will have but this should lead to a orgy. Make sure they all get level 3 in the same circ(Should be inj probably)

If this doesn't work you can share your save file.

Btw You have chosen negotiation as a distortion so you will need to spend few of your days on that to get Appleal damage by, not the best choice for a single distortion.
Unfortunately, I don't have saves from that far back. I have a bad habit of deleting older saves once I get into a spot that I'm fairly happy with. I'm uploading my save anyway just in case there's any advice you can give me but I've been considering starting a new file anyway since Rebel's vulnerabilities have been a massive pain in the ass

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Unfortunately, I don't have saves from that far back. I have a bad habit of deleting older saves once I get into a spot that I'm fairly happy with. I'm uploading my save anyway just in case there's any advice you can give me but I've been considering starting a new file anyway since Rebel's vulnerabilities have been a massive pain in the ass
I was able to get a 14 turn orgy going with a 14 energy commander with the steps I mentioned in previous post. You can follow those. Remember that after those steps it's just a matter of surrounding and starting the actions.I have made a save with the commander I used and one after the orgy, you can try to replicate what I did by simply following the steps given above post and starting a orgy based around sodomize.You can also first break the t2 vulnerabilities you haven't yet. You can use a similar strategy in your new playthrough after you get 300 extermination, 160 evacuation, networked consciousness and a 14 energy commander.

Got2Points

Jul 13, 2022
Yo, found the game just a few days ago and been enjoying it so far. Was just wondering if there is a way to fight more then three chosen in a single run.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yo, found the game just a few days ago and been enjoying it so far. Was just wondering if there is a way to fight more then three chosen in a single run.
Not at this time if ever, the game has been geared for what is essentially 3v1 or maybe what could also technically fall into 3v2 combat.

Aug 27, 2018
Got an issue with 42:

The day before the last save I broke Cheer's Innocence which disabled her assigned distortion plan. I got the friendship event multiple times in a row, each giving me EE and bringing me to 50. Now Cheer cannot actually progress any of her vulnerabilities, but still gives me EE every time it would break the T1's.

It's not letting me attach the save for whatever reason

Last edited:

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
1685553470958.png

Minor typo, "enveloped" rather "envoloped".

No, not that one, further down.

----

1685576659192.png

"Freeing myself if I really want to", I think. Speaker is named Tyrant, if that helps.

----

1685622757941.png

Not really a meaningful issue (if an issue at all), but I noticed the Ambassador's name isn't displayed when Negotiating.

----

1685626515416.png

Hmm, bit of a discrepancy between the flavor text and dialogue.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
View attachment 2664847

----

View attachment 2665993

"Freeing myself if I really want to", I think. Speaker is named Tyrant, if that helps.

----

View attachment 2666987

Not really a meaningful issue (if an issue at all), but I noticed the Ambassador's name isn't displayed when Negotiating.

----

View attachment 2667115

Maybe Tyrant is roleplaying and is terrible at acting (I am kidding, this is definitely an issue).

Reactions: MoarDakka123

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Got an extremely odd bug, in v42 with orgasm in a can and the restart button - It seems like I can break T1 innocence... without breaking T1 innocence.
Save is C1-Bug.
Minimum steps to reproduce: Start battle with OIAC active (should be on by default). Immediately restart battle. Slime, Attack, Surround, Caress, then Pummel or Humiliate.

I'm pretty sure this classifies as an exploit, it lets you farm the +2 EE from breaking a minor T2 multiple times on Day2, giving you a lot of initial EE generation without actually breaking any of the chosen's vulnerabilities.

Edit; Actually, this might be a deeper bug than just in the above scenario, though the above does allow this to be easily tested. From what I can tell, it looks like restarting a battle prevents T1 breaks from "sticking" at all. After restarting a battle, any T1 breaks will still generate EE, but they will still be considered as unbroken by everything else. So you can break the same T1 multiple times, ignore distortion T1 breaks, and essentially farm the +2/+3 EE gained from breaking T1 during battle.

Last edited:

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
1685727343061.png
V42, Seems like Stigma is a bit gender-confused, after going through the aversion distortion. Also occurs when visiting, uses male pronouns. Everywhere else though is using female pronouns correctly. So... odd, to say the least.
Relevant save is C1-Final

Edit: gender-confusion might be expected, apparently I never noticed they were intially male.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018
Do people still care about portrait packs? I have a bunch replacement for original ones.

If anyone comments that they do, I'll organize and post them.

---

On another note, one of the most annoying things about corrupted saviors is the lack of slightly easier to use cheat/dev tools. Sometimes I just want to test something with specific chosen in a bit of a sandbox environment and setting things up is quite hard, and I wish I could turn it on for any specific run. Like some kind of cheat mode that I could turn on at any time and tweak some tier breaks and evil energy.

Last edited:

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Got an extremely odd bug, in v42 with orgasm in a can and the restart button - It seems like I can break T1 innocence... without breaking T1 innocence.
Save is C1-Bug.
Minimum steps to reproduce: Start battle with OIAC active (should be on by default). Immediately restart battle. Slime, Attack, Surround, Caress, then Pummel or Humiliate.

I'm pretty sure this classifies as an exploit, it lets you farm the +2 EE from breaking a minor T2 multiple times on Day2, giving you a lot of initial EE generation without actually breaking any of the chosen's vulnerabilities.

Edit; Actually, this might be a deeper bug than just in the above scenario, though the above does allow this to be easily tested. From what I can tell, it looks like restarting a battle prevents T1 breaks from "sticking" at all. After restarting a battle, any T1 breaks will still generate EE, but they will still be considered as unbroken by everything else. So you can break the same T1 multiple times, ignore distortion T1 breaks, and essentially farm the +2/+3 EE gained from breaking T1 during battle.
Thanks for posting the save, I was able to narrow down where this was happening and fix it in R42b, which can be downloaded from the blog or the SubscribeStar. It could also happen when resetting Forsaken training, but that should be fixed as well.
View attachment 2664847

----

View attachment 2665993

----

View attachment 2666987

----

View attachment 2667115

View attachment 2672928

I think you meant "I wish she'd"?

----

View attachment 2673172

"[...] and whenDespair".
Thanks for the typo catches. The code I used for the portrait sidebar also doesn't really play well with non-Chosen names showing up, so that's something else that could use some polish.
Well if different bosses will give different bonuses and not only have forsaken bonus then I think it's fine to not have a boss achievement. Seems a bit weird though that defeating one of the strongest chosen doesn't scare other chosen or inspire forsaken. It's upto you though.

Also don't know if it's a good suggestion or not but maybe having empathy will make it so that if you break the resolve of one the chosen, the other chosen will take a fixed amount of resolve damage depending on the friendship. You can either add a cap to this or add another resolve broken condition. Maybe also make bosses take less resolve damage this way but breaking the boss will also break the other attendants?
Don't know about Antipathy though, it already seems useful and is gonna be kinda pointless in boss battles anyways.Maybe chosen take resolve damage if in a defiler + or orgy with enemies?
I'm not worried about giving Empathy more effects with friendly teams or giving Antipathy more effects with unfriendly teams. I'm worried about the opposite - right now, the Antipathy upgrade is never ever something you care about buying in a boss fight (or other unique team) loop. It's wasted potential, since there could be an interesting decision in its place.
You never know about the future though, there could totally be a boss chosen with multiple minions.
This is sort of the plan, but less as an "option to have 4 or 5 Chosen in a loop" and more as a "big setpiece battle against a hundred Chosen."
Got an issue with 42:

The day before the last save I broke Cheer's Innocence which disabled her assigned distortion plan. I got the friendship event multiple times in a row, each giving me EE and bringing me to 50. Now Cheer cannot actually progress any of her vulnerabilities, but still gives me EE every time it would break the T1's.

It's not letting me attach the save for whatever reason
View attachment 2670053
V42, Seems like Stigma is a bit gender-confused, after going through the aversion distortion. Also occurs when visiting, uses male pronouns. Everywhere else though is using female pronouns correctly. So... odd, to say the least.
Relevant save is C1-Final

Edit: gender-confusion might be expected, apparently I never noticed they were intially male.
I believe these are related to the above bug, so they should be fixed in R42b.
Do people still care about portrait packs? I have a bunch replacement for original ones.

---

On another note, one of the most annoying things about corrupted saviors is the lack of slightly easier to use cheat/dev tools. Sometimes I just want to test something with specific chosen in a bit of a sandbox environment and setting things up is quite hard, and I wish I could turn it on for any specific run. Like some kind of cheat mode that I could turn on at any time and tweak some tier breaks and evil energy.
Multiple people have requested that they be able to "lock themselves out" of cheating, just to make it easier to resist the temptation, so that much probably won't be changing. But I'm not against adding more kinds of cheats. It's just a bit harder than it sounds, since there need to be safeguards in place to prevent people from crashing the game by setting up some situation that I hadn't accounted for when programming the mechanics for regular play.

Jul 14, 2018
Multiple people have requested that they be able to "lock themselves out" of cheating, just to make it easier to resist the temptation, so that much probably won't be changing. But I'm not against adding more kinds of cheats. It's just a bit harder than it sounds, since there need to be safeguards in place to prevent people from crashing the game by setting up some situation that I hadn't accounted for when programming the mechanics for regular play.
I understand the realities and difficulties of it. When I wrote it I was thinking of some renpy-tier "dev-mode = on" type deal where you change parameters directly, with all the jank and instability that it would cause. For some purposes I would definitely prefer the instability of 50% chance it causes fatal errors or ruined save games over an extra 90 minutes to be able to test a specific use case. I recognize that is inbuilt in that engine and can be done for any renpy game more or less, and you're building stuff from the ground up. Whether it's worth it or not, is up to you. Just voicing a pain point I keep running into.

But even aside from the more dev-oriented need, try asking any new person if they can figure out how to turn on and use the cheat/easy mode for a new run. There is a subset of people that have 0% interest in the challenge. And I find myself having to take quite some time to find where exactly you turn that on whenever I come back to the game. I find myself going through documentation, the thread, search engine to figure it out each time I get back to it (with months in between).

It's easy to miss how other people experience systems that you're intimately familiar with. I might be alone in this, but I think it might be a broader issue that some of the startup menu deal is not that transparent what does what and what options there are to starting a new game.

Anyways I just wanted to voice those 2 issues. Up to you how it rates in importance to other things you're working on for corrupted saviors.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes