baha_rojo

Dec 28, 2020
Hi! I have searched in this thread but can't find an answer.

I found out a "?" in the future vulnerability, it has happened before but... anyone knows what it is? Or what are the requirements?

Since both innocence and dignity have a "minor" in another chosen, idk why innocence has a ? and dignity hasnt (Or what it means at all)

EDIT: I think i figured it out. It probably means it's possible to break it but only with a forsaken who has a certain skill

Last edited:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Hi! I have searched in this thread but can't find an answer.

I found out a "?" in the future vulnerability, it has happened before but... anyone knows what it is? Or what are the requirements?

Since both innocence and dignity have a "minor" in another chosen, idk why innocence has a ? and dignity hasnt (Or what it means at all)
"?" Means you have a forsaken with a punisher ability that may allow you to T4 break a chosen earlier than normal but they aren't in that position yet (In this case Hypnotist) So look in your roster for a forsaken with the "Resourceful Hypnotist" punisher and appointing them to hypnotist will change that "?" to "!" meaning you can hypnotize with that forsaken, apologies if this explanation is a bit too elaborate but hopefully it answers your initial question and potential follow up question :D

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
New question - I got T2 on the Red Chosen pretty easily, but I'm struggling to get T2 on the other Chosen besides 2 on Green and 1 on Blue, haven't been focusing on Blue as much though. When focusing on Red's T2s, Red manages to get 2-3 more turns in the final surround as opposed to the other two, who get 7-8, leaving me a few thousand short of their respective trauma shortages, and the Commander description has also changed to fit this after I finished Red's T2s with the 5EE commander (goated btw, used to but a lot into my commanders but this is nice), going from "probably strong enough to finish 10k" to "probably strong enough to finish some T1s". Is this based on their personalities?
If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, you're asking if in-game measure of your commander is changing the description based on personalities alone? If so then the answer is no, at least not completely based on that. I'm not an expert but I believe its based on a variety of things including current angst of the chosen, current broken vulnerabilities, etc. basically an overview of the entire situation at the moment compared to your current commander. Having trouble with the Significant Morality (Green) and Core Morality (Blue) it can be combination of tough personality matchup and less angst on them compared to the Minor Morality (Red), or your strategy focus for the minor morality needs to be different for the other two.

If you would like my recommendation, look at the angst between all three and note the differences, especially if you have a save just before you broke the T2's on the minor morality so you have a decent range to work towards. Additionally if youre trying the same strategy with minor morality on the others it would be a good idea to change that up.

For more help I would also recommend uploading a screenshot of your team's vulnerability so the people on the forum can give a more detailed tips than general ones like I have
Ah, damn. Ik there's the thing that lets you capture when flying but 100EE + the required purchases, far too early for that anyways even if it does turn out to be good.

A small addendum is some forsaken species with distortions allow you to capture flying chosen with varying drawbacks so I would look into that once you're more familiar with the game :)

Reactions: kalookalee

posttenebraslux1

Feb 11, 2019
Would anyone be able to advise me on the mechanics behind how trauma level results in penalties to circumstance damage? This is related to the item "Balance's Pantsu" which reduces this penalty by one level. I think i have observed this before but would like to get confirmation on how and when trauma level results in penalties to circumstance damage. Not sure if this is covered within the tip or guide text files in the game holder.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Would anyone be able to advise me on the mechanics behind how trauma level results in penalties to circumstance damage? This is related to the item "Balance's Pantsu" which reduces this penalty by one level. I think i have observed this before but would like to get confirmation on how and when trauma level results in penalties to circumstance damage. Not sure if this is covered within the tip or guide text files in the game holder.
Uneven trauma gives a penalty to the related circumstance. So if you have a trauma whose level is higher than others you will get a penalty in that circumstance. If all trauma are equal you won't get a penalty.For example:

Let's say you have:
Fear Lvl 1
Disg Lvl 2
Pain Lvl 3
Sham level 2

Without the item you will get a 1/2 penalty on Plea and Expo. 1/4 penalty on Inju and no penalty on Hate.

With item you will only get a 1/2 penalty on Inju.

Reactions: posttenebraslux1

kalookalee

Feb 21, 2020
If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, you're asking if in-game measure of your commander is changing the description based on personalities alone? If so then the answer is no, at least not completely based on that. I'm not an expert but I believe its based on a variety of things including current angst of the chosen, current broken vulnerabilities, etc. basically an overview of the entire situation at the moment compared to your current commander. Having trouble with the Significant Morality (Green) and Core Morality (Blue) it can be combination of tough personality matchup and less angst on them compared to the Minor Morality (Red), or your strategy focus for the minor morality needs to be different for the other two.

If you would like my recommendation, look at the angst between all three and note the differences, especially if you have a save just before you broke the T2's on the minor morality so you have a decent range to work towards. Additionally if youre trying the same strategy with minor morality on the others it would be a good idea to change that up.

For more help I would also recommend uploading a screenshot of your team's vulnerability so the people on the forum can give a more detailed tips than general ones like I have

A small addendum is some forsaken species with distortions allow you to capture flying chosen with varying drawbacks so I would look into that once you're more familiar with the game :)
Thanks, yeah, I've been trying out different combos other than INJU > HATE > EXPO > PLEA, gotta keep cooking. I'll leave this here, probably gotta restart soon since it's day 25, but there might be a chance to save the run, I just haven't figured out the next stage of the plan.
1691353301951.png
Blue (I don't remember the Distortion description being here)

:
1691354005496.png
Green:
1691354045740.png
Red:
1691354064921.png

Edit: On a separate save file I'm testing out pushing Red to T3 innocence, and I did it, but now the overall capture duration on Red is much shorter (4 turns on Capture 2 (normally 5), and 6 on capture 3 (normally around 11)) even with another Chosen surrounded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalloi

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Are t4 breaks supposed to interupt distortions?
I'm using a drain commander to finish up some total confidence breaks on my negotiation distortion team of chosen, but when I do, the distortion locks (what prevents t1 and t3 breaks from disrupting your distortion) unlock and will subsequently break whatever distortion I happen to be going for unless I use cheats to keep t3 breaks from happening. I can still continue the distortions as long as I'm extra careful (or turn off adaptions) this however, prevents me from doing the t4 innocence break, so I want to ask if t4 breaks are supposed to be mutually exclusive to distortions or if this is unintended behavior.
I'll go ahead and include my save (Camcheat 1-3) in case this turns out to be a bug report. To replicate the supposed issue, just fire up a drain commander and ambush either Vendetta or Silver (suntorn dawn pack), pass a dozen turns or watch for one of them to have a dignity break, then either force retreat or play the rest of the battle.
I am using cheats but I don't think that would impact any of these mechanics.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
I'm using a drain commander to finish up some total confidence breaks on my negotiation distortion team of chosen, but when I do, the distortion locks (what prevents t1 and t3 breaks from disrupting your distortion) unlock and will subsequently break whatever distortion I happen to be going for unless I use cheats to keep t3 breaks from happening. I can still continue the distortions as long as I'm extra careful (or turn off adaptions) this however, prevents me from doing the t4 innocence break, so I want to ask if t4 breaks are supposed to be mutually exclusive to distortions or if this is unintended behavior.
I'll go ahead and include my save (Camcheat 1-3) in case this turns out to be a bug report. To replicate the supposed issue, just fire up a drain commander and ambush either Vendetta or Silver (suntorn dawn pack), pass a dozen turns or watch for one of them to have a dignity break, then either force retreat or play the rest of the battle.
This is a bug. It only occurs when using drain and spite together, and causes a "fake" Dignity break when EXPO reaches Lv.3. This fake break resets negotiation progress, but doesn't get recorded as a vulnerability break. From looking at the code, it's referencing the wrong commander body type. Oddly enough, this does cause other oddities with using a drain/vanity commander.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
This is a bug. It only occurs when using drain and spite together, and causes a "fake" Dignity break when EXPO reaches Lv.3. This fake break resets negotiation progress, but doesn't get recorded as a vulnerability break. From looking at the code, it's referencing the wrong commander body type. Oddly enough, this does cause other oddities with using a drain/vanity commander.
I sent a message over to CSDev about it, but one thing I may add is are you on 44c while experiencing this bug? It seems the forum hasn’t been updated with the recent version on so it may be resolved there, I’m replying from mobile at the moment so I can’t confirm if the issue is still present on the current version.
Either way thank you for the report and save upload and Dekeche for replicating and confirming the issue! :D

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
I sent a message over to CSDev about it, but one thing I may add is are you on 44c while experiencing this bug? It seems the forum hasn’t been updated with the recent version on so it may be resolved there, I’m replying from mobile at the moment so I can’t confirm if the issue is still present on the current version.
Either way thank you for the report and save upload and Dekeche for replicating and confirming the issue! :D
I can confirm that I am on 44c, the version available from the dev's website.

• Red Heart

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Thanks, yeah, I've been trying out different combos other than INJU > HATE > EXPO > PLEA, gotta keep cooking. I'll leave this here, probably gotta restart soon since it's day 25, but there might be a chance to save the run, I just haven't figured out the next stage of the plan.
View attachment 2832197
Blue (I don't remember the Distortion description being here)

:
View attachment 2832240
Green:
View attachment 2832243
Red:
View attachment 2832244

Edit: On a separate save file I'm testing out pushing Red to T3 innocence, and I did it, but now the overall capture duration on Red is much shorter (4 turns on Capture 2 (normally 5), and 6 on capture 3 (normally around 11)) even with another Chosen surrounded.
Thank you for the screenshots!

You have a tough chosen in the way of Justice so I understand the difficulties far more, instead of INJU > HATE > EXPO > PLEA, I would try PLEA > INJU/HATE (whichever gives the most > EXPO > HATE/INJU

for cheer I would try HATE > INJU > PLEA > EXPO

That is at least with a normal commander/ building up intial circ damage on them.

Keeping Justice on the temptation distortion is a good idea. In terms of upgrades have you purchased Networked Consciousness yet? If not I would highly recommend so as it’s far easier to reach T3 thresholds and distortions with that active. Additionally a versatility specialty demon commander of HATE + INJU + 2-3 capture duration would do wonders with that team and NC active so experiment with that as well.

I would aim for a Force Orgasm + Defiler for Justice and Cheer to reach t3 damage, or an orgy could accomplish that easily if you manage.

A good rule of thumb i learned from the forum awhile ago was to not waste EE on commanders for battles that don’t provide results, if you don’t achieve any meaningful breaks or considerable angst buildup in that battle it’s best to conserve that EE and purchase upgrades to enhance any current strategies you’re running.

And finally I’m sorry I didn’t answer one of your previous questions but a good deadline in terms of getting T3 breaks in my opinion is before day 40 if you’re somewhat experienced, before Day 35 or so for novice, and for expert players can work with more stricter time frames. Day 35 might be too strict for a cut off day but for new players I think it will be a bit difficult to grind corruption progress since that stage of the game requires a different approach compared to earlier stages. Especially if you’re not able to get orgies consistently. Something you’ve probably noticed from your experiments with Stigma’s T3 innocence break. This post is already a bit long so all I’ll say at the moment is organize your thinking about maximizing the corruption % per day rather than just doing as much circ damage like when you’re doing t1-t2 breaks. Try to let the chosen destroy themselves from their t3 moves.

I hope some of this helps!

Reactions: kalookalee

kalookalee

Feb 21, 2020
Thank you for the screenshots!

You have a tough chosen in the way of Justice so I understand the difficulties far more, instead of INJU > HATE > EXPO > PLEA, I would try PLEA > INJU/HATE (whichever gives the most > EXPO > HATE/INJU

for cheer I would try HATE > INJU > PLEA > EXPO

That is at least with a normal commander/ building up intial circ damage on them.

Keeping Justice on the temptation distortion is a good idea. In terms of upgrades have you purchased Networked Consciousness yet? If not I would highly recommend so as it’s far easier to reach T3 thresholds and distortions with that active. Additionally a versatility specialty demon commander of HATE + INJU + 2-3 capture duration would do wonders with that team and NC active so experiment with that as well.

I would aim for a Force Orgasm + Defiler for Justice and Cheer to reach t3 damage, or an orgy could accomplish that easily if you manage.

A good rule of thumb i learned from the forum awhile ago was to not waste EE on commanders for battles that don’t provide results, if you don’t achieve any meaningful breaks or considerable angst buildup in that battle it’s best to conserve that EE and purchase upgrades to enhance any current strategies you’re running.

And finally I’m sorry I didn’t answer one of your previous questions but a good deadline in terms of getting T3 breaks in my opinion is before day 40 if you’re somewhat experienced, before Day 35 or so for novice, and for expert players can work with more stricter time frames. Day 35 might be too strict for a cut off day but for new players I think it will be a bit difficult to grind corruption progress since that stage of the game requires a different approach compared to earlier stages. Especially if you’re not able to get orgies consistently. Something you’ve probably noticed from your experiments with Stigma’s T3 innocence break. This post is already a bit long so all I’ll say at the moment is organize your thinking about maximizing the corruption % per day rather than just doing as much circ damage like when you’re doing t1-t2 breaks. Try to let the chosen destroy themselves from their t3 moves.

I hope some of this helps!
Thanks, this is a lot of new advice I haven't heard or tried before, and probably good practical help as well!

Yeah, NC is amazing, had it last playthrough before I took a break but I'm trying to get it rn, definitely a game changer. I'll try out the Capture Order you provided and experiment.

In terms of distortions, what do the squiggly lines mean? I haven't messed about with them yet but the Xs are covered and only those lines are left.

Edit: Figured out the lines, I gotta go for 100k PLEA, which I'm not sure how I'm gonna do but I've been getting +/- 40k highest when cooking with Green-Blue so there's definitely a way.

Last edited:

megabyter5

Mar 3, 2019
I tried my best to find this out without having to ask myself, but the sheer length of the thread makes it hard to find anything specific, and the provided guide just sort of glosses over this part.

Is it normal that I'm hitting a major roadblock at the stage of the game where you're meant to bring one of the Chosen to 10,000 circumstance damage for the first time? Using a Commander that the game claims is able to accomplish that, I can only reach around 2,500 or so, no matter what I try. Am I missing something important? Should I just treat the first loop in a campaign as a write-off and assume I won't be able to make it further than that stage?

The guide is clear about the way circumstance damage gives multipliers to trauma damage, but it doesn't seem to go over how to reach a high multiplier for circumstance damage. I'd love if someone could give me a couple of quick tips.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone know how to stop the game from just going into an infinite loop in the middle of a battle? Cause for whatever reason the game keeps just soft locking and repeating the last move made in the fight without actually progressing anything.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
I tried my best to find this out without having to ask myself, but the sheer length of the thread makes it hard to find anything specific, and the provided guide just sort of glosses over this part.

Is it normal that I'm hitting a major roadblock at the stage of the game where you're meant to bring one of the Chosen to 10,000 circumstance damage for the first time? Using a Commander that the game claims is able to accomplish that, I can only reach around 2,500 or so, no matter what I try. Am I missing something important? Should I just treat the first loop in a campaign as a write-off and assume I won't be able to make it further than that stage?

The guide is clear about the way circumstance damage gives multipliers to trauma damage, but it doesn't seem to go over how to reach a high multiplier for circumstance damage. I'd love if someone could give me a couple of quick tips.
Look at what the circumstances do. Pain gives 2X to all damage, including circumstance damage, and Injury gives 3x to circumstance damage, both per level. So if you have 1000 INJU and 1000 PAIN that's 2*2*3*3 36x damage just from that. EXPO also gives 2x to allies per level so with 1000 EXPO on someone else that's 144x circumstance damage. Some of these may be mitigated by trauma multipliers or other penalties but you can see what the goal is here.

It's easy to get all three chosen on loop 1 when they have no loop+ buffs stacked up if you know what you're doing. Once you understand the basics, the two earliest skills to master are using commanders effectively and stacking up angst for the bonuses.

The most common pitfall people make when learning the game is using specialty commanders (ones that do a pre-determined type of damage with no flexibility). They are used for very specific situations that don't usually apply to new players, but because they cost EE to unlock many assume they are 'better' than a typeless commander.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does anyone know how to stop the game from just going into an infinite loop in the middle of a battle? Cause for whatever reason the game keeps just soft locking and repeating the last move made in the fight without actually progressing anything.
What was the last action taken right as this began? Just so I can give CSdev somewhere to start when reporting this.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
What was the last action taken right as this began? Just so I can give CSdev somewhere to start when reporting this.
Literally anything, there was no specific move, target, or user that triggered it. It happened on one of the Chosen's attacks and it happened on my own attacks as well. If it helps it was with a custom team on day 3 and usually within a few turns of the second chosen joining.

Reactions: alex2011
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes