McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Yep! That’s right on the money there, and as the person that has commissioned that entire vignette chain I can add a little extra information for you all.

Due to a little mishap the final vignette of the chain “From the descent of Guilt” ended up being available to all negotiation chosen as as long they meet the requirements for that vignette in particular. But because the other morality chosen do not have their vignette chains in the game yet I asked CSDev to leave it like that for the time-being. So even if your favorite chosen that you have on the negotiation distortion isn’t core morality you can at least experience that vignette, although since it’s written for core morality personality-based chosen, don’t expect the personality to match up exactly to non core morality chosen

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That being said, due to how the game tracks vignettes currently, if one chosen experiences “from the descent of guilt” then the other two in that loop can’t experience it so be wary if you want it to happen to a specific chosen. However; CSDev told me that the tracking will be expanded in one of the coming updates so thankfully this is only a temporary issue :D

If you want to know some extra information about why it’s exclusive to core morality chosen or why guilty desire has unusual requirement of meeting the chosen once I’ll explain it behind the spoiler
Is the Core Morality requirements being absent in the final vignette even relevant considering getting the Inviting Punishment requirement is impossible without Core Morality? Or is it somehow possible to skip Guilty Service to get Guilty Desire without Core Morality.

Though it is interesting to hear some of the background explanation for the vignette chain, as while I'm familiar with the vignettes I haven't really looked too much into them or gone after specific ones yet.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Is the Core Morality requirements being absent in the final vignette even relevant considering getting the Inviting Punishment requirement is impossible without Core Morality? Or is it somehow possible to skip Guilty Service to get Guilty Desire without Core Morality.

Though it is interesting to hear some of the background explanation for the vignette chain, as while I'm familiar with the vignettes I haven't really looked too much into them or gone after specific ones yet.
It isn’t possible to get the guilty desire vignette (and thus inviting punishment) for non core morality chosen, however it is possible to get from the descent of guilt as non core morality chosen. This is because the missing requirement was actually for the chosen to experience “inviting punishment”, not being a core morality chosen.

Although it is listed as a requirement, currently you don’t actually need it for the time being, you just need to reach the truce requirements and the respective innocence negotiation vignette achieved on that chosen.
If you look at the vignette checklist for R44 (from the descent of guilt’s implementation) you’ll actually notice that inviting punishment isn’t listed as an requirement. Of course it makes sense for that to be changed since ultimately that will be a requirement in the future but yeah a neat little tidbit.

I’m glad you enjoyed the little explanation I gave, It’s pretty understandable not to actively hunt for vignettes since most of them can be achieved from playing the game normally, I talked to CSDev quite a bit about them and some interesting ideas I was interested in commissioning them to work on for the game. Some of which are intended to be a bit harder to unlock and will give some extra content in the via exclusive custom sex scene actions/flavor combat text etc. the idea being that vignettes can be excellent way to add more uniqueness to forsaken and even cater to more specific fetishes in an organic way for those interested in it.

An example of this is at some point in the future chosen who experienced the “From the descent of guilt” will have some exclusive flavor text combat text as forsaken.

Additionally a small vignette chain involving all three chosen is planned soon with a requirement of raising hypnosis % past the t4 corruption so expect more vignettes with more niche requirements, at least the ones I commission for haha

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
It isn’t possible to get the guilty desire vignette (and thus inviting punishment) for non core morality chosen, however it is possible to get from the descent of guilt as non core morality chosen. This is because the missing requirement was actually for the chosen to experience “inviting punishment”, not being a core morality chosen.

Although it is listed as a requirement, currently you don’t actually need it for the time being, you just need to reach the truce requirements and the respective innocence negotiation vignette achieved on that chosen.
If you look at the vignette checklist for R44 (from the descent of guilt’s implementation) you’ll actually notice that inviting punishment isn’t listed as an requirement. Of course it makes sense for that to be changed since ultimately that will be a requirement in the future but yeah a neat little tidbit.

I’m glad you enjoyed the little explanation I gave, It’s pretty understandable not to actively hunt for vignettes since most of them can be achieved from playing the game normally, I talked to CSDev quite a bit about them and some interesting ideas I was interested in commissioning them to work on for the game. Some of which are intended to be a bit harder to unlock and will give some extra content in the via exclusive custom sex scene actions/flavor combat text etc. the idea being that vignettes can be excellent way to add more uniqueness to forsaken and even cater to more specific fetishes in an organic way for those interested in it.

An example of this is at some point in the future chosen who experienced the “From the descent of guilt” will have some exclusive flavor text combat text as forsaken.

Additionally a small vignette chain involving all three chosen is planned soon with a requirement of raising hypnosis % past the t4 corruption so expect more vignettes with more niche requirements, at least the ones I commission for haha
Ah, so it was just that entire line of vignettes wasn't originally a requirement.

To be fair, for me the lack of hunting for vignettes is less a lack of interest and more because I'm focused more on the campaign right now. Ironic as it might be considering the number of big guide posts I've written, I haven't actually completed a full run of the campaign as I keep getting stuck on Superior Chosen despite having a pretty good understanding of the game, lol.

Though yeah, having more difficult/unique vignettes with actual consequences would definitely be interesting, as for the most part the vignettes feel pretty inconsequential beyond fluffing up the between battle period.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Is there any plan on adding more animal traits to chosen? Like dragon, fish, shark, etc? Also, haven't run into any problem with chosen meeting other chosen (though I only did it like 2 times)
Thanks. I've got a few more that I made to go along with them, with a batch of other shit... Then could I make an official request to have dragon bits added? It would be really nice to actually have my beloved Sui Siblings be dragons in game as well.
Are there any plans to add deer animalistic chosen? Or at least deer-related features? It would be cool to have access to antlers.
I don't plan on adding more subspecies for generic Chosen to spawn in as, but adding more body traits which can be used by custom Chosen is definitely on the table. For example, the ovipostor option for Forsaken was added as part of a subscriber commission.
Someone know what triggers distortion vignettes? sometime i get the negotiation or aversion vignette and sometime i dont, more importantly in this way how can we predict when two chosen risk to ruin their relationship because one of them get a distortion?
Each Distortion is listed as being associated with two different Vulnerabilities (like how Temptation is the Morality/Confidence Distortion). For the purpose of relationship scenes, achieving the Distortion is treated basically like causing the associated Vulnerability Breaks. So, triggering Temptation will cause a relationship scene if the subject has Core Morality or Core Confidence (or both), and the other Chosen in the scene will be the one (or ones) with the corresponding Minor Vulnerability. The scene will be positive if the Minor Vulnerability Chosen are already on the same Distortion, and negative otherwise. And because a Distortion is treated as taking the place of several combined Vulnerabilities, the number of relationship points provided by the scene is very large.
As long as you've fulfilled the conditions to enable a vignette it will be added to the pool of scenes that can randomly play between fights. So it's really just RNG to my knowledge. Not sure how Distortions interact with relationships either though.
Additionally, note that relationship scenes aren't grouped with regular vignettes when deciding what to show. They always happen immediately after the break that triggers them (which is why you can get more than one on the same day).
I think this is another Release 1 typo. Thanks!
I was just starting my second loop and tried to activate the cheat "add all items" my game crashed and my saves no longer seem to work even though i saved well before trying to enable that cheat. Anyone know how to fix my saves file?
I took a look at your save, and I believe what happened is that the game wasn't "froze" - rather, it was just taking a long time to add all the items to your save file, and you must have closed it while it was saving. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to recover the save, so I'm sorry about that. I've cleaned up the code for that cheat so that the game hopefully shouldn't hang like that in the future.
Do we have a roadmap of what updates will be coming in the near future? Very excited to see how gameplay will evolve. One of the things I hope for most is broadened commander options for more possible combinations. Like being able to tack on 2 defiler or punisher upgrades on a single one. Though the amount of combinations would surely skyrocket.
The immediate next release will be focused on being able to save Chosen's virginity regardless of corruption path, and on having full-harem custom sex scenes. The update after that will probably be focused on adding a new species: Devilish Chosen, which will start showing up after you beat Splendor.

Adding more Defiler/Punisher combinations would definitely require a lot more writing. I won't say it's impossible, but because the focus of the game is on training and using Forsaken, I'm hesitant to pour more work into the Demon-type Commanders.
I was wondering if a campaign map would be added so we can see visually which areas we have conquered and any "goal" we might be trying to reach. Like, dots on the map representing cities, military bases and so on.
Right now, putting dots for the cities on the map would look pretty silly, because they don't actually trace any sort of sensible path across Japan. The in-character justification is that Demons don't care about how different locations are situated in Euclidean space when moving from city to city, but it's definitely something I'd want to change if adding a visual map. There will also be a branching point in a later loop once different campaign routes are added, and the city choices might be very different depending on whose route you're on (like eventually taking the fight to Crown in her pocket dimension).
Hey, does anyone have the info that was posted about Victory, the first boss chosen? I tried to look for it both here and in the files, and I can't find anything.

I've not been playing terribly deep into loops, but I decided to give this another serious go, making use of the warps and testing that part of the game out. I found the similar posted info about Splendor, but not about Victory.

1) What are her T3 moves? Found these in my playthrough, detailed info below.

2) What are her possible Distortion effects?

3) In what other ways besides her Core/Major/Minor is she different when converted?

Here's the in-game info, if someone finds that useful to have in a post:

I don't know what her distorted traits would be--I don't have any plans to replay the fight anytime soon to find out. If anyone knows, post it or message me.
I can at least provide a quick overview of the different Distortion effects for Victory. They mostly follow the pattern of keeping the regular Animalistic bonus, but with an added effect or two. The basic damage bonus also goes down from +125% to +100%.

Temptation: goes through a four day cycle
Territorial - Always tantrums, regardless of motivation
In Heat - No Motivation cost to deploy, and gets huge bonus to PLEA and EXPO
Torpor - Completely useless for the day
Playful - Huge bonus to training

Aversion: loses ability to fight and cannot be deployed, but passively provides universal damage bonus against Animalistic and Boss Chosen

Rampancy: Deployment Stamina cost decreased to 1%

Negotiation: Gets huge damage bonus, but every deployment permanently decreases damage dealt for the rest of the campaign
CSdev , it's been a while since I played deep into loops. I'm just now getting to the Strategic Advantage system so I'll share those thoughts later when I've had time to play with it. But, I have some thoughts about balance and maybe some other things?

First thought: Tomorrow's Newspaper
Thank you very much for the feedback! I agree that it might be a bit too strong right now. Being able to use Punishers for free from the very start probably is a bit much. The EE refund probably isn't as strong as it looks, just because most of that EE comes at a point where +1 (or +2 or +3) isn't much compared to your daily generation, but being able to completely skip upgrades at the end is also very strong. A possible mitigating factor is the fact that you're meant to be switching to using almost exclusively Forsaken Commanders very quickly (in my latest playtest, I actually didn't use any Demonic Commanders after Loop 1). So, Tomorrow's Newspaper is arguably at its strongest when you're playing catch-up because you haven't gotten your Forsaken to their full potential, and it's less dominant outside of that situation.
"Warp" system:
I really would like the player's overall strength to be same regardless of whether or not the warp system was used. The idea of improving item choice in order to make it more palatable is an interesting one. It sounds like it might also be a good idea to just increase the bonus item strength even further.
I know a while back you were looking for interesting ideas for the other two Distortions. I may have come up with some.

MOR/INN Distortion: Narcissism

CON/DIG Distortion: Codependence
Interesting ideas. It's definitely necessary for the last two Distortions to break some of the patterns set by the first four. Having them both interact more directly with the friendship/rivalry system could be nice.
Typo checks, don't know if any of these have been reported already.

Thanks for these. They'll all be fixed in the next version.
Also, possible bug report: My Undead Demon Knight (Energy Raider) is not able to use the basic Defiler actions. Let me know if you need more info to track this down--the option doesn't show on her list.

View attachment 2999020
One thing to check: is her Obedience at least 35%? Forsaken will currently refuse to use Defilers they haven't been explicitly trained to use unless they meet that threshold.
Other small suggestions:

It'd be really nice if you made the Info display between fights have the Animalistic Cycle show up in green, like it does in the combat when you Examine them.

I'll edit with anything else I notice until I see a reply.
Do you mean the display on the shop screen?
Speaking of CSdev suggestions, I did have a passing thought. It was mentioned there's a toggle that can allow futa chosen to become female on being broadcast... how much harder would it be to allow male chosen to get shifted the same way?

That could be fucked up and/or hot depending on someone's preferences.
As McHuman mentioned, there is already a male->female shift in the game, so it might be a bit weird to have two different ways of achieving that. I'm not completely against the idea, but it's just a lower priority since male->female shift enthusiasts already have a way of getting what they want.
I forget, how do you get a chosen to offer up her virginity to you?

I'm kinda annoyed they will deflower themselves in the most of BS of ways In the events, which on a side note, why does the game even allow several events to play at once after a battle? Should only be one >_>
The only time they deflower themselves without the player's direct input should be the T3 Morality Break scene (immediately after the first fight where the Core Morality Chosen uses Slaughter). Every other scene which can involve penetration has a check to make sure that the subject isn't a virgin, so if they're losing their virginity in any other situation, then that's a bug and you should let me know where it's happening so I can fix it.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I can at least provide a quick overview of the different Distortion effects for Victory. They mostly follow the pattern of keeping the regular Animalistic bonus, but with an added effect or two. The basic damage bonus also goes down from +125% to +100%.

Temptation: goes through a four day cycle
Territorial - Always tantrums, regardless of motivation
In Heat - No Motivation cost to deploy, and gets huge bonus to PLEA and EXPO
Torpor - Completely useless for the day
Playful - Huge bonus to training

Aversion: loses ability to fight and cannot be deployed, but passively provides universal damage bonus against Animalistic and Boss Chosen

Rampancy: Deployment Stamina cost decreased to 1%

Negotiation: Gets huge damage bonus, but every deployment permanently decreases damage dealt for the rest of the campaign
Thank you! Those are interesting and I might try them out sometime.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I agree that it might be a bit too strong right now. Being able to use Punishers for free from the very start probably is a bit much. The EE refund probably isn't as strong as it looks, just because most of that EE comes at a point where +1 (or +2 or +3) isn't much compared to your daily generation, but being able to completely skip upgrades at the end is also very strong. A possible mitigating factor is the fact that you're meant to be switching to using almost exclusively Forsaken Commanders very quickly (in my latest playtest, I actually didn't use any Demonic Commanders after Loop 1). So, Tomorrow's Newspaper is arguably at its strongest when you're playing catch-up because you haven't gotten your Forsaken to their full potential, and it's less dominant outside of that situation.
I still find a lot of use in the "all four circumstances hit" Demon Commander, even now when I've got most of my Forsaken at the strength I want to have and the cost I want them to have. It's a very useful thing to have early in a Loop, especially right after the big EE hits after Distortions go through.

I really would like the player's overall strength to be same regardless of whether or not the warp system was used. The idea of improving item choice in order to make it more palatable is an interesting one. It sounds like it might also be a good idea to just increase the bonus item strength even further.
So now in Loop 16 I've got all my Forsaken built out and I'm probably roughly evenly matched with the last time I was this deep. I've got the Strategic Advantage system this time for more bonuses, but I've also got Splendor making me a bit weaker. But while I was skipping levels, I was definitely behind the curve.

Loop 3 was fine, my Chosen weren't really ready to use yet but a Superior Forsaken doesn't present much of a challenge at this level of play.

Loop 5 was really the rough point--that was the only loop I had to play *perfectly* and restart multiple times. I don't think I would have been strong enough to take an Animalistic Chosen through a distortion without the EE from breaking T3 on the other Chosen. Loop 3, if you warp over Loop 2, is also the first time you get Chosen that can be buffed by other Chosen's Punisher effects, which are essentially my baseline level of Chosen for most of the game. I don't just want a Tempted Forsaken, I want a Tempted Forsaken that's had her PLEA damage buffed by being Hypnotized by another Chosen, because that's the level of specialization I need to do damage through later loops. By Loop 5, if I warped through Loop 4 I've only had those Chosen for a few days and they're not ready to use at the start of the loop, which is another reason I did not use the warp offered after Loop 3 (main reason was the item offered was incredibly weak). Some extra days of training here would really smooth this difficulty out, if your main goal is making both paths give roughly the same benefits.

By Loop 7, I was definitely picking up speed and filling in the last holes in my roster, and I don't feel that this needs to be adjusted at all, and by the time Victory came around I had enough abilities that she presented a not overwhelming challe3nge the first time I fought her.

Interesting ideas. It's definitely necessary for the last two Distortions to break some of the patterns set by the first four. Having them both interact more directly with the friendship/rivalry system could be nice.

Thanks for these. They'll all be fixed in the next version.
I'm one of the ones who is guilty of not always reading all the text and sometimes missing new stuff as I speed through. I know how hard it would be to draw attention to new strings or events because of how scene descriptions are generated, so until then I'll try to catch the ones that I can, which will mostly happen when I'm paying more attention to the text, like during the unique fights.

I'm glad you like the ideas. There's plenty of room for adjustment. Narcissism could be remade into a "whole team" distortion, where they all hate each other and start physically attacking each other in the same fight, if you wanted. Their Extermination% could go up and their Evacuation% could disappear entirely, since they no longer view other people as having "real lives". Codependence could make the Chosen take extra damage when they're alone at the start of a fight (like removing the level +1 limiter on circumstance maybe until another Chosen arrives?) You've created a lot of room in your design for growth without the need for complicated new systems, and that's how you've built the game up to what it is now.

One thing to check: is her Obedience at least 35%? Forsaken will currently refuse to use Defilers they haven't been explicitly trained to use unless they meet that threshold.
That seems to be it. Her Obedience was at 33%. I'm sure that was documented somewhere but I don't re-read the text files; I mostly skim them.

Do you mean the display on the shop screen?
I mean this display on a Chosen in the fight, where the current weakness of Animalistic Chosen shows up in green:

1697293986638.png

I'd like for it to do something like that when I click on the Info Button in the shop screen to show their Vulnerability Break status (quick drawing on my Snipping Tool)

1697294161910.png

I can cross-reference it myself with the information displayed on the shop screen, but I feel like that's an unnecessary complexity in a game that is frankly already quite complex.

Oh, and I noticed a definite bug. I think it has to do with passing days and the High-Rises objective. I'm not sure if it's just an error in the numbers displayed or an error in how something is being calculated.

To recreate:

Load Save 1 "bugtest"
Click "Pass Time"
Send out a Commander--I used Mistress, but you can probably use anything or even not use a Commander.
Send her against Sacred, you'll notice something odd right away

But the real oddness comes when you click Capture:

1697294535515.png

1) Sacred should be at 0 Circumstance, not 980, because I skipped the previous day.
2) The displayed math is very, very wrong. I suspect that some numbers have actually gone negative somehow, because the game doesn't act like she's at 980 of every circumstance (notice, no multipliers in the trauma damage). There's obviously code written to treat negative numbers as zero because nothing else crashes or goes negative or fractional. When I capture a second Chosen, she's getting no modifier to her circumstance damage from the EXPO of the first chosen, either, despite her having been captured at least long enough to raise EXPO to 100. [EDIT] Further testing and I'm pretty sure the actual values are negative.

Anyway, great game, still fun, you're keeping it interesting.

I haven't shared my thoughts on the Strategic Advantage system yet. It comes in very late, and I understand you're trying to keep down the complexity at the beginning because it's already a lot for a player to absorb, but right now at loop 16 it's just a set of buttons that I click to win more because my Forsaken already do all they need in order to win. That may change if I can get up to higher loops with damage resistance over 50%, but I don't have much interest in playing further right now.

Oh, one other question--when a last remaining Chosen kills themselves there is a scene with Crown stating that their martyrdom provides a lot of energy for their side, or something along those lines. I'm curious if this is linked with the loop difficulty system: i.e.--does it bump up the difficulty? I let a chosen kill herself in Loop 10 fighting Victory and I seem to be seeing higher Damage Resistance numbers than I recall the last time I got into the "teens" during the challenge earlier this year.

Last edited:

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
So something that occurred to me after sitting on "greater sins imminent" for several days for some Chosen recently... what actually are the requirements for each level of EE generation? I know 1 EE is is about 100-200 trauma, and 2 EE is tied to T1 breaks I think, but what are the rest?

roboflyer24

Jan 19, 2022
So something that occurred to me after sitting on "greater sins imminent" for several days for some Chosen recently... what actually are the requirements for each level of EE generation? I know 1 EE is is about 100-200 trauma, and 2 EE is tied to T1 breaks I think, but what are the rest?
I'm not entirely certain what determines whether a chosen sits on greater sins imminent or not (other than presumably having another chosen around with less breaks), but each level of EE generation is tied to a certain break and amount of trauma (1 EE at 0 breaks, 2 at T1, 5 at T2, 15 at T3, and 50 at T4).

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
I'm not entirely certain what determines whether a chosen sits on greater sins imminent or not (other than presumably having another chosen around with less breaks), but each level of EE generation is tied to a certain break and amount of trauma (1 EE at 0 breaks, 2 at T1, 5 at T2, 15 at T3, and 50 at T4).
5 EE is definitely not tied to just the T2 Break, or if it is the game has decided to be really spiteful and been bending me over for the past several months for no reason, since as far as I can recall I've never started generating 5 EE from a Chosen until well after doing the T2 Breaks but before the T3 Breaks.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Here's what I know of the rules, which is not a full picture. Rules seem to be in importance from top to bottom.

No Chosen will ever do a downtime activity that's above the tier they have broken: 2EE needs a broken T1, 5EE needs T2, 15EE needs T3, 50EE needs T4.
Any Chosen that is hit with a Distortion-related thing during that combat will do the associated Distortion-related downtime. (Tempt, Rampage, Aversion).
Each chosen chooses an activity that primarily resolves one of the 4 traumas, or one that primarily hits Angst. My best guesses on the numbers for what they prefer are:
1EE rank (R0)--somewhere around 200 Trauma in an area.
2EE rank (R1)--somewhere in the 10ks Trauma in an area, or somewhere in the 100ks Angst
5EE rank (R2)--somewhere in the single-digit Ms Trauma in an area, or somewhere in the 10Ms Angst
15EE rank (R3)--Somewhere in the 10Gs Trauma in an area, or somewhere in the 100Gs Angst
50EE rank (R4)--Somewhere in the 100Ts Trauma in an area, or somewhere in the 1Ps Angst

Now, after that is where it gets complicated, because they can decide to do things *together* and the only way to get the facts on how that happens is from the source code. My working assumption is that each Chosen has a rank-ordered list of activities they would prefer to do, starting with the highest Trauma they have and the highest EE generation version of that activity, but accepting lower-rank orders from their allies if they find a match within certain parameters. I've never seen a Chosen do a rank more than 1 below what they could have done, so let's assume that each of them starts in a list that has fewer than 10 activities on it in order of preference.

They have a wider range of doing things together with their friends, and a narrower range of doing things together with their rivals. I think the comparison is more "how far down my preferred list will I go for this person?" rather than "what is the actual difference between our Traumas/Angst?" based on my experience, but I could well be wrong.

Let's look at an example:

Midnight has: 100G FEAR, 10G DISG, 1G PAIN, 10G SHAM, 500G Angst, and a T3 break on all except PAIN.
This makes her ordered list something like: R3 FEAR, R3 DISG, R3 SHAM, R3 Angst, R3 PAIN, R2 FEAR, R2 DISG, R2 SHAM
Oracle has: 50M FEAR, 10M DISG, 30M PAIN, 5M SHAM, 200M Angst, and no T3 breaks.
Her list (maybe) looks like: R2 PAIN, R2 Angst, R2 FEAR, R2 DISG, R2 SHAM, R1 PAIN, R1 Angst
Prayer has: 10G FEAR, 100G DISG, 5G PAIN, 100G SHAM, 1G Angst, and a T3 break on SHAM alone
Her list (might) look like: R3 DISG, R3 SHAM, R3 FEAR, R3 PAIN, R3 Angst, R2 DISG, R2 SHAM

If the 3 Chosen are super friendly with each other, each one will go all the way down their list to find something the others will do. Midnight, Oracle, and Prayer all have R2 SHAM on their list of possibilities, so they'll do that. You'll see "Greater Sins Imminent" on Midnight and Prayer and earn 15EE total.

If they're less friendly with each other, or with Oracle specifically, Midnight and Prayer will do an R3 DISG action together, earning 15EE each since that's high on both of their lists. Oracle will do her R2 PAIN at the top of her list since none of the others have anything early in their list matching hers earning 5EE.

I think it's something like this, anyway. I don't recall seeing instances where just doing *more* damage to the Chosen among their current distribution got them out of "Greater sins imminent", but plenty of times where I had distributions somewhat like the above, got an extra-long Defiler on the Chosen that was less broken, and this changed things enough to start performing downtimes separately or in pairs with no changes in relationships or new breaks.

Or, it could be something else entirely, IDK.

Reactions: Celerarity

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Anyway to fix this glitch where the buttons suddenly disappear at the bottom? Kinda annoying since I didn't save beforehand -_-

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Here's what I know of the rules, which is not a full picture. Rules seem to be in importance from top to bottom.

No Chosen will ever do a downtime activity that's above the tier they have broken: 2EE needs a broken T1, 5EE needs T2, 15EE needs T3, 50EE needs T4.
Any Chosen that is hit with a Distortion-related thing during that combat will do the associated Distortion-related downtime. (Tempt, Rampage, Aversion).
Each chosen chooses an activity that primarily resolves one of the 4 traumas, or one that primarily hits Angst. My best guesses on the numbers for what they prefer are:
1EE rank (R0)--somewhere around 200 Trauma in an area.
2EE rank (R1)--somewhere in the 10ks Trauma in an area, or somewhere in the 100ks Angst
5EE rank (R2)--somewhere in the single-digit Ms Trauma in an area, or somewhere in the 10Ms Angst
15EE rank (R3)--Somewhere in the 10Gs Trauma in an area, or somewhere in the 100Gs Angst
50EE rank (R4)--Somewhere in the 100Ts Trauma in an area, or somewhere in the 1Ps Angst

Now, after that is where it gets complicated, because they can decide to do things *together* and the only way to get the facts on how that happens is from the source code. My working assumption is that each Chosen has a rank-ordered list of activities they would prefer to do, starting with the highest Trauma they have and the highest EE generation version of that activity, but accepting lower-rank orders from their allies if they find a match within certain parameters. I've never seen a Chosen do a rank more than 1 below what they could have done, so let's assume that each of them starts in a list that has fewer than 10 activities on it in order of preference.

They have a wider range of doing things together with their friends, and a narrower range of doing things together with their rivals. I think the comparison is more "how far down my preferred list will I go for this person?" rather than "what is the actual difference between our Traumas/Angst?" based on my experience, but I could well be wrong.

Let's look at an example:

Midnight has: 100G FEAR, 10G DISG, 1G PAIN, 10G SHAM, 500G Angst, and a T3 break on all except PAIN.
This makes her ordered list something like: R3 FEAR, R3 DISG, R3 SHAM, R3 Angst, R3 PAIN, R2 FEAR, R2 DISG, R2 SHAM
Oracle has: 50M FEAR, 10M DISG, 30M PAIN, 5M SHAM, 200M Angst, and no T3 breaks.
Her list (maybe) looks like: R2 PAIN, R2 Angst, R2 FEAR, R2 DISG, R2 SHAM, R1 PAIN, R1 Angst
Prayer has: 10G FEAR, 100G DISG, 5G PAIN, 100G SHAM, 1G Angst, and a T3 break on SHAM alone
Her list (might) look like: R3 DISG, R3 SHAM, R3 FEAR, R3 PAIN, R3 Angst, R2 DISG, R2 SHAM

If the 3 Chosen are super friendly with each other, each one will go all the way down their list to find something the others will do. Midnight, Oracle, and Prayer all have R2 SHAM on their list of possibilities, so they'll do that. You'll see "Greater Sins Imminent" on Midnight and Prayer and earn 15EE total.

If they're less friendly with each other, or with Oracle specifically, Midnight and Prayer will do an R3 DISG action together, earning 15EE each since that's high on both of their lists. Oracle will do her R2 PAIN at the top of her list since none of the others have anything early in their list matching hers earning 5EE.

I think it's something like this, anyway. I don't recall seeing instances where just doing *more* damage to the Chosen among their current distribution got them out of "Greater sins imminent", but plenty of times where I had distributions somewhat like the above, got an extra-long Defiler on the Chosen that was less broken, and this changed things enough to start performing downtimes separately or in pairs with no changes in relationships or new breaks.

Or, it could be something else entirely, IDK.
So basically I'm just getting screwed by RNG, cause for whatever reason the 2 Chosen that can do 5 EE generating activities just refuse to stop doing activities with the the one Chosen who cant do them, even though their relationship with that Chosen neutral. I suppose that would explain the one random day where I did actually get 5 EE from one of them, it was just them conveniently rolling to do a solo activity.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
So basically I'm just getting screwed by RNG, cause for whatever reason the 2 Chosen that can do 5 EE generating activities just refuse to stop doing activities with the the one Chosen who cant do them, even though their relationship with that Chosen neutral. I suppose that would explain the one random day where I did actually get 5 EE from one of them, it was just them conveniently rolling to do a solo activity.
I don't think it's random at all, as that would be inconsistent with everything else in the game for this one things to be random. It's deterministic--we just don't know the specifics of how it's determined.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
I don't think it's random at all, as that would be inconsistent with everything else in the game for this one things to be random. It's deterministic--we just don't know the specifics of how it's determined.
It just occurred to me now that we're talking about it, isn't it really weird that we don't know how it works? Like regardless of if you think the explanations are good or not, basically every other mechanic in the game has a provided explanation for how it works. Yet somehow daily EE generation, arguably the most important mechanic in the entire game for how EE is used to do everything else, has absolutely no explanation beyond a single sentence in the guide saying you need 200 trauma in one type to start generating EE.

anvimur

Apr 11, 2018
To see if the reason your Chosen aren't appearing in a team together is related to that, go into the campaign menu, click on Edit Chosen, and then click through your Chosen, as when opening the Chosen editor on that list of general info that shows near the bottom is a section called "Valid Custom Partners". This section will list all of your Custom Chosen who can naturally appear on a team alongside the selected Chosen. If that list is empty it means the Chosen is incompatible with all your other Chosen.
Ah. I think I was just misinterpreting what that section meant, then

siowy

Jul 20, 2017
I think that having Commander presets would go a long way in helping players play through the intended experience. Like a 5 turn, 2 capture, 7EE commander is often what I'm looking for in the early-mid loop. Then give each preset a name and show their tech and EE requirements, make a UI for it and allow custom commanders (of course). Then you can also refer to these in the guide and tips to help new players. Having too many commander customization choices really works against a new player.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
I can confirm there's some glitch with the chosen profile. When I click on one with my current playthrough, the buttons automatically disappear, even if it's the only thing I did after opening the game.

EchoEater

Feb 15, 2018
I've been really enjoying this game over the past few weeks (would definitely say I'm hooked), but I have a few questions:

1. The game has started to slow down when I make selections. Looking through this thread, it appears to because my .sav file has ballooned in size due to the fact that I save often (80.8 MB, so the largest file other than the portraits folder). Due to this slowdown, deleting older slaves in game will take a long time. Is there anyway to mass-delete specific saves to fix this issue?

2. Related to the above, how are vignettes stored in the archive once you see them? Are they connected to the save(s) where you achieved them? If so is there anyway to keep them (besides copying them down to a separate text doc) after I delete a lot of saves (including all the ones from a previous classic mode run or campaign)?

3. Is there anyway to add a new custom chosen to an ongoing campaign or do I have no choice but to start a new one if I want to add them when someone creates a new interesting custom pack?

While I obviously would like an answer to all of these, an answer to the first question would be especially appreciated as the slowdown is really affecting my ability to enjoy the game.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been really enjoying this game over the past few weeks (would definitely say I'm hooked), but I have a few questions:

1. The game has started to slow down when I make selections. Looking through this thread, it appears to because my .sav file has ballooned in size due to the fact that I save often (80.8 MB, so the largest file other than the portraits folder). Due to this slowdown, deleting older slaves in game will take a long time. Is there anyway to mass-delete specific saves to fix this issue?
Not to my knowledge. Whenever I notice this happening, I just rename my saves.sav file and keep going. On my third batch this campaign. They keep growing as the game state grows more complex.

2. Related to the above, how are vignettes stored in the archive once you see them? Are they connected to the save(s) where you achieved them? If so is there anyway to keep them (besides copying them down to a separate text doc) after I delete a lot of saves (including all the ones from a previous classic mode run or campaign)?
I'm fairly sure this is in the saves.sav file along with the items you've run into so far, but I believe it to be header/footer information and not kept with any particular file. I don't know the structure, though and I could be wrong.

3. Is there anyway to add a new custom chosen to an ongoing campaign or do I have no choice but to start a new one if I want to add them when someone creates a new interesting custom pack?
I'm pretty sure that all possible Chosen teams are generated at the start of your campaign, so no, you can't do what you're asking with this.

While I obviously would like an answer to all of these, an answer to the first question would be especially appreciated as the slowdown is really affecting my ability to enjoy the game.

rddj

Nov 4, 2019
Does this game have a time limit and is there any way to disable it if it does have one? I like what this game is offering, but would rather take my time to understand the game without starting over.

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes