Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Is it possible to give Forsaken animal like features? Haven't played with forsaken in a meaningful capacity, but having a corrupted dragon girl sounds like fun.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Is it possible to give Forsaken animal like features? Haven't played with forsaken in a meaningful capacity, but having a corrupted dragon girl sounds like fun.
You can customize the Forsaken in the Forsaken menu, though only within the limits of normal game customization. So no dragons as there aren't dragon animalistic Chosen.

Oct 18, 2016
So I've tried playing through this game like 5 times now, and I get the feeling I'd really enjoy it if I understood how I was supposed to play it. I've got as far as understanding what the stats do, but I still have no idea:
1) Which targets to choose to start battle with.
2) Which vulnerabilities to prioritise breaking.
3) What types of commanders to use.
4) Whether to stockpile energy to get better upgrades or use commanders frequently.
5) If using a commander and getting back less energy than I spent is okay if I break vulnerabilities.
I haven't won, or even felt like I've come close.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
So I've tried playing through this game like 5 times now, and I get the feeling I'd really enjoy it if I understood how I was supposed to play it. I've got as far as understanding what the stats do, but I still have no idea:
4) Whether to stockpile energy to get better upgrades or use commanders frequently.
5) If using a commander and getting back less energy than I spent is okay if I break vulnerabilities.
Well the most obvious thing is to not use specialized commanders. I think that's the #1 noob trap people fall into that stops them from winning.

Assuming you understand what circumstances do and how to use that to set up big combos by leveraging them (and how you can gimp yourself by doing them wrong), the general commander should be able to do everything you need to make big trauma, get paid big EE, and win a city. Whether you save a day here or push for an upgrade there won't often make a big difference unless you're beelining Networked Consciousness, because boy is that one upgrade that actually makes a difference.

I guess you could also lose if you aren't properly saving and reloading when you screw up a day, since flushing days down the toilet can start eating up time fast.

Reactions: FriendComputer

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
1) Doesn't really matter until you get commanders, just focus on the one with the lowest unresolved trauma/ANGST to keep them from falling out of EE generation ranges.

2) Unless you're specifically trying to manipulate Chosen relationships it doesn't matter, just go after whichever one the Chosen is weakest to the Circumstance damage of.

3) 4 or 5 turns and 2 capture attempts (called 4-2 and 5-2 commanders) are the best Commanders for early and mid game, with the exact number of turns and captures depending on what you think you need. Late game though Commanders with attachments to target every damage type may be more effective.

4) Save EE until you get every 1 and 2 cost upgrade, at which point you can start fielding 4-2 commanders to go after T1 and T2 breaks. After getting all T2 breaks whether or not you should field a commander really depends on how much damage you're doing, as each day you don't field a commander is a day you're basically not doing any work to build up traumas or T3 breaks. Now if you aren't doing much damage anyways it might be worth while to hold back and wait for EE to get stronger commanders, but it's really a case-by-case situation.

5) This only really applies for T2 breaks as those are the only ones that don't give EE for breaking iirc, but yeah generally speaking it's better to go for a break if you can.

If you need help please refer to these two posts as I go went over a lot more information in those to help people get an idea of how to get their feet off the ground with the game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FriendComputer

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
CSdev , it's been a while since I played deep into loops. I'm just now getting to the Strategic Advantage system so I'll share those thoughts later when I've had time to play with it. But, I have some thoughts about balance and maybe some other things?

First thought: Tomorrow's Newspaper
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Boss fight with Victory was very cool. I made it with a couple of days to spare, and one of the minions did kill herself at the end. I wasn't sure if I had the tools to make it since I went through most of the warps, but I did--it just needed to be played quite well.

Just finished the boss fight with Splendor. For anyone that wants her in-game info:

Splendor

"Warp" system:

I know a while back you were looking for interesting ideas for the other two Distortions. I may have come up with some.

MOR/INN Distortion: Narcissism

CON/DIG Distortion: Codependence

Typo checks, don't know if any of these have been reported already.

Also, possible bug report: My Undead Demon Knight (Energy Raider) is not able to use the basic Defiler actions. Let me know if you need more info to track this down--the option doesn't show on her list.

1697073748317.png

Other small suggestions:

It'd be really nice if you made the Info display between fights have the Animalistic Cycle show up in green, like it does in the combat when you Examine them.

I'll edit with anything else I notice until I see a reply.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Speaking of CSdev suggestions, I did have a passing thought. It was mentioned there's a toggle that can allow futa chosen to become female on being broadcast... how much harder would it be to allow male chosen to get shifted the same way?

That could be fucked up and/or hot depending on someone's preferences.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Speaking of CSdev suggestions, I did have a passing thought. It was mentioned there's a toggle that can allow futa chosen to become female on being broadcast... how much harder would it be to allow male chosen to get shifted the same way?

That could be fucked up and/or hot depending on someone's preferences.
The only issue with that idea is the reason for futa Chosen shifting to female wouldn't work for males being shifted to female/futa. As the reason it happens is because the general public doesn't know they're a futa, so the collective assumption of the public overwrites her body to be female when it becomes first exposed, similar to how the female to futa shift from first fantasize and the ritual forsaken body customization works (though on a much larger scale than those two). So since males would obviously be seen as male by the general public that same reasoning doesn't work, at least not unless some system is put in place to distinguish male Chosen who look male and traps/feminine/crossdressing male Chosen.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
The only issue with that idea is the reason for futa Chosen shifting to female wouldn't work for males being shifted to female/futa. As the reason it happens is because the general public doesn't know they're a futa, so the collective assumption of the public overwrites her body to be female when it becomes first exposed, similar to how the female to futa shift from first fantasize and the ritual forsaken body customization works (though on a much larger scale than those two). So since males would obviously be seen as male by the general public that same reasoning doesn't work, at least not unless some system is put in place to distinguish male Chosen who look male and traps/feminine/crossdressing male Chosen.
Yeah I guess you'd need to differentiate trap chosen from regular-ass dude chosen, unless there's a way to force the public to see someone as female? I guess that would be good old fashioned gender tf, though that's getting farther away from what we have implemented.

Still, we do have a complicated clothing system now so you could maybe make it that if over half the pieces of a male chosen's transformation outfit are tagged as female it can happen? That might involve actually writing in what constitutes male vs female clothing though.

You could probably simplify away the need to individually track what gender each part of an outfit is supposed to be for by just starting with the assumption that no male chosen randomly cross-dresses (allowing custom chosen to have a toggle that makes them do it), but give the demon lord some way to sabotage their outfit to make it feminine, as a lead up to an eventual transformation. That could be a part of some existing distortions or a new one. Negotiation is an obvious choice where the demon lord has an opportunity to blackmail a chosen into changing some aspect of their behavior.

Or you could just treat it like a fourth random gender, so generated chosen are randomly female, futa, male, or trap.

Last edited:

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Yeah I guess you'd need to differentiate trap chosen from regular-ass dude chosen, unless there's a way to force the public to see someone as female? I guess that would be good old fashioned gender tf, though that's getting farther away from what we have implemented.
Yeah unless an idea to reason it to work as futas can be thought up, it'd probably work better to leave male shifting the way it is, with it being a toggle option to have them shift to female from T2 Morality break, then another toggle to shift to futa like normal with the T3 Innocence break/first Fantasize use.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
What's the highest number of times we can let someone lose and then gain a dick. Can that be a new distortion? The "tired of constantly switching genitals" path.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
What's the highest number of times we can let someone lose and then gain a dick. Can that be a new distortion? The "tired of constantly switching genitals" path.
The most amount of shifts for a Chosen is 3, Male to Female to Futa. Futa and Female can only shift once into the other. Forsaken can obviously shift infinitely though.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Wait we already have male to female shifting? How does that work?
In the info page for the Chosen you can select shift preference, for Males they shift to Female with a T2 Morality break (first insemination), as a Female you can go into their info page and select their shift preference again, this time to have them shift from Female to Futa with a T3 Innocence Break (first fantasize). Just like normal Females who shift to Futa, they cant shift back to Female.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Huh, I had no idea since I always play with dudes turned off.
Same, genuinely the only reason I even know is because this conversation made me wonder about how shifting worked with males, so I loaded up a single play game with cheats on and all males to mess around with it. On a related note, don't play with male Chosen without violence set to mild unless you're comfortable with CBT as even at moderate violence males get that instead of normal anal like other Chosen get (as for males anal is tied to Morality).

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
To bump into this topic...
Chosen can break each other's morality, right?
Chosen can break any of another Chosen's vulnerabilities, not just Morality. It requires doing the T3 Break of a Chosen's Core Vulnerability while the Chosen with the corresponding Minor Vulnerability does not have the T3 break, at which point a scene between the two will play where the Core Vulnerability Chosen will attack the Minor Vulnerability Chosen, which results in the Minor Vulnerability having both the T1 and T2 Break in that Vulnerability if it hasn't been broken yet. However this cannot happen to a Distorted Chosen if breaking that Vulnerability is incompatible with their Distortion, in which case they will fight off the Core Vulnerability in a Distortion appropriate way (for example, for Negotiation Chosen the Demon Lord leaves thralls nearby for easy communication, which ambush the Core Vulnerability Chosen when they attack the Negotiation Chosen).

Regardless of which path the scene goes though this will always result in the highest stage of hatred between the two Chosen (bitter enemies), even if they were on friendly terms before then, which also means only T3 and T4 breaks really matter for relationships.

&^*

Feb 18, 2021
Chosen can break any of another Chosen's vulnerabilities, not just Morality. It requires doing the T3 Break of a Chosen's Core Vulnerability while the Chosen with the corresponding Minor Vulnerability does not have the T3 break, at which point a scene between the two will play where the Core Vulnerability Chosen will attack the Minor Vulnerability Chosen, which results in the Minor Vulnerability having both the T1 and T2 Break in that Vulnerability if it hasn't been broken yet. However this cannot happen to a Distorted Chosen if breaking that Vulnerability is incompatible with their Distortion, in which case they will fight off the Core Vulnerability in a Distortion appropriate way (for example, for Negotiation Chosen the Demon Lord leaves thralls nearby for easy communication, which ambush the Core Vulnerability Chosen when they attack the Negotiation Chosen).

Regardless of which path the scene goes though this will always result in the highest stage of hatred between the two Chosen (bitter enemies), even if they were on friendly terms before then, which also means only T3 and T4 breaks really matter for relationships.
Right, and since both the T2 Dignity and Morality break have the effects of shifting Futa and Male chosen....
Would that work even?

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes