shad12ow

Oct 19, 2017
Just want to drop by and say, man, this has one of the more unique game I've played for a long while. While the concept is not entirely new and groundbreaking, but I like the vibe it presented. Not to mention that the writings are quality (for me anyway).

My only complaint (minor ones, I assure you) is how the data is presented and all. I'm sorry if I can't really point my finger on it, but it just feels that the data is being presented in a weird way, if that makes any sense?

But nonetheless, it's a good game. Good job~!

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin
Feb 1, 2018
not sure what do you mean by "hostility towards humanity" but if you mean that you already have a forsaken and can't use her, is because they aren't completely implemented yet. according to the dev is going to be one of the next updates.
I see. That is a shame...I hope the next update comes out soon then. Cause things are getting interesting.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
i might've been the only person playing it this way, but with forsaken male characters, they automatically turn into/get referred to as women even with shifting turned off. was that changed with this most recent update?
I wasn't able to replicate this bug. During my test just now, male Chosen stayed as male even after getting raped when the shifting setting was turned off. Which scene was incorrectly causing them to shift?
So I've spent a bit of time playing this game and I honestly have to say that it's probably my favourite text-only game I've ever seen.

Only big criticisms I have are the same things that others have already mentioned:
- tutorial needs work, doesn't explain the mechanics well enough. The "Guide.txt" in the folder helps but when I first started the game I expected the tutorial to tell me everything I needed and I ended up completly lost with no idea what to do.
- early game is a bit too tedious and especially punishing if you don't know what to do. Punishing players for buying commanders when they're lost is pretty terrible. Obvious solution (to me) seems to be making the commander free and to offer some permanent upgrades to capture-time and capture-attempts while also keeping "pay-per-deployment" upgrades for higher tier stuff. The 1EE cost to create the command becomes more or less irrelevant once you get going but it just really stumps the early game when you're lost.

Overall really really great work though.
I'm just worried about making the tutorial too long, since I don't want to discourage people from actually trying the game. I'm wondering if a better solution would be for the game to give more specific tips after each battle. For example, if you buy a commander and it doesn't achieve any vulnerability breaks, then the game could advise you to focus more on upgrades instead of commander purchases.
Yes. Use any Java bytecode decompiler, preferably one that can read .jar files directly.
In Java ecosystem most of the optimizations are done on the JVM side, so source code to byte code translation is almost 1:1. So, unless source code was obfuscated, it can be easily restored from bytecode. Of course some bits will be lost, like comments, source-level annotations and such.

I've used something called jd-gui-1.6.6.jar, I don't remember where I got it.

BTW, the code sucks. But it doesn't matter, because it gets the job done, and this game, with its general idea, writing and mechanics is awesome. So I still have huge respect to CSdev. I really wish that most of this ugly bytecode is auto-generated but I know better.
This is my first serious coding project, so I'm very much still an amateur. I know that some of the earlier things were coded poorly enough that they might cause me trouble further down the line, but I don't want to take the time to fix them just yet, since there are more pressing things to add. It feels a bit like building the plane's landing gear while we're already in flight.
Hey CSdev, when my forsaken gave birth, it says that the resulting abomination slides out of Forsaken@(character string). Possible error?

Copy pasted same text from the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for catching this bug. It'll be fixed in the next version.

Reactions: ViviX12

delusions

Aug 7, 2017
I wasn't able to replicate this bug. During my test just now, male Chosen stayed as male even after getting raped when the shifting setting was turned off. Which scene was incorrectly causing them to shift?
it seemed automatic from when any chosen became forsaken/entering the forsaken loop

ddwdq

Apr 8, 2017
I'm just worried about making the tutorial too long, since I don't want to discourage people from actually trying the game. I'm wondering if a better solution would be for the game to give more specific tips after each battle. For example, if you buy a commander and it doesn't achieve any vulnerability breaks, then the game could advise you to focus more on upgrades instead of commander purchases.
Maybe it would be alright if you put a short version of the Guide.txt ingame where you can click through the points. I don't 100% remember what exactly is mentioned in the tutorial but explaining how lvls work and how you can get openings with each trauma is incredibly important and I didn't remember that from the tutorial.

Also commanders are really hard to use if you haven't played the game before. Frankly it's really hard to get value from a commander without any upgrades - unless he has +1/2 duration it's usually not worth to buy it (which means buying it is a mistake that just cost you EE you could have used for something else) and thats not something a new player can know. It's also not a fun thing to find out because you just run into a wall where you buy commanders and don't achieve anything with them while also not getting enough EE to progress because you're spending it all on useless commanders.

Increasing the cost of Focus to 3/4 EE and afterwards making the commander free/automatic might end up making the game slightly easier but probably also a lot more accessible for new players.

Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
Assuming they're referring to the same issue I had, it's not when they get raped, it's when the game ends and the Forsaken based on this character is generated; the new Forsaken seems to be treated as if they were always a girl.

vanquishedValiant

Dec 8, 2020
1621238530675.png
Was able to get a Tier 3 Confidence break via Detonation due to MASSIVE unresolved Trauma long before I'd used Sodomize to break T2. I'm curious about whether this was a sequence break bug or an intended feature because it seemed to provide a different result in the text, and the UI clearly displays it here.

Is this a bug with the tiered break requirements not technically requiring the earlier steps? Or an (un)intended feature allowing you to skip particular breaks but still achieve others?

The text is still basically treating her as fully T3 broken, but it's skipping references to the anal torture from t2 AFAIK.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
View attachment 1199102
Was able to get a Tier 3 Confidence break via Detonation due to MASSIVE unresolved Trauma long before I'd used Sodomize to break T2. I'm curious about whether this was a sequence break bug or an intended feature because it seemed to provide a different result in the text, and the UI clearly displays it here.

Is this a bug with the tiered break requirements not technically requiring the earlier steps? Or an (un)intended feature allowing you to skip particular breaks but still achieve others?

The text is still basically treating her as fully T3 broken, but it's skipping references to the anal torture from t2 AFAIK.
As far as I know, the ability to skip certain tiers of breaks is deliberate and is meant to feature more heavily when CSdev starts work on alternate corruption paths later in development, for now it is a neat side thing that you can do and as you noted has effect on the flavour text.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
So how exactly am I suppose to make the chosen ones hate each other? I still don't get it.
Break the Core vulnerabilities before breaking the minor ones. E.g. if Chosen A has Core Morality, Chosen B has Significant Morality and Chosen C has Minor Morality, breaking Chosen A's morality will trigger a negative interaction with Chosen C after combat. On the other hand, if you first break Chosen C's Morality and then A's, there will be a positive interaction between them after combat. This is per tier of the vulnerability (1, 2 , 3, 4) and only happens once per tier.

Last edited:
Reactions: ronney

JjoeV

Feb 17, 2018
I've tried using Ctrl + F to try to see if anyone else has talked about this but found nothing so I'm gonna ask, how do you get the chosen's aspects (Impreg/Hypno/Drain/Para) to 1000%? I've tried using a commander with the hypnosis punisher upgrade but it had no effect on her Hypnosis level. The only way I've seen to increase the levels is to leave them alone to fantasize for hypno or to have them detonate themselves for drain but it seems kinda inefficient? Is there something that I'm missing?

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I've tried using Ctrl + F to try to see if anyone else has talked about this but found nothing so I'm gonna ask, how do you get the chosen's aspects (Impreg/Hypno/Drain/Para) to 1000%? I've tried using a commander with the hypnosis punisher upgrade but it had no effect on her Hypnosis level. The only way I've seen to increase the levels is to leave them alone to fantasize for hypno or to have them detonate themselves for drain but it seems kinda inefficient? Is there something that I'm missing?
The chosen gain percentage by doing the corresponding corruption actions as you noted, the percentage gain is higher for the ones which you have limited opportunities for per battle such as the drain from commander detonations. I believe that higher levels of the appropriate circumstance at the time of using the corruption action also ups the amount of percentage gained but I may be remembering wrong.

JjoeV

Feb 17, 2018
The chosen gain percentage by doing the corresponding corruption actions as you noted, the percentage gain is higher for the ones which you have limited opportunities for per battle such as the drain from commander detonations. I believe that higher levels of the appropriate circumstance at the time of using the corruption action also ups the amount of percentage gained but I may be remembering wrong.
So say I wanted to get hypno to 1000% I'd have to get their PLEA up a lot and them leave them alone to fantasize?

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
So say I wanted to get hypno to 1000% I'd have to get their PLEA up a lot and them leave them alone to fantasize?
Yeah. Just leave them doing the appropriate corruption action, in the case of hypno its fantasize as you said. The others can be a bit more complex due to the action triggers but hypno is fairly easy to raise as long as you leave that chosen alone for a while in the fights.

Reactions: JjoeV

vanquishedValiant

Dec 8, 2020
Finished my first run, really enjoying this game. The quality of the writing and the adaptation to so many different permutations of personality, breaks, order of operations, etc makes it amazing for developing an emerging narrative. The math heavy combat takes a good bit of brain scratching to get into at first, but it's quite satisfying once you've got a handle on it. I'm especially looking forward to being able to use the Forsaken, as well as alternate corruption methods. Now to play around with different strategies...

One (presumably) minor UI request?; would it be possible to make it so that the start of day shop "Profiles" menu returns back to itself instead of the shop after you "Continue" from reading a Chosen's profile? Currently, it returns completely to the main 'shop' menu and thus re-prints a list of every single available upgrade description, putting as many as two or even three fullscreen pages of text between each girl's profile if you examine them in order, making it hard to compare two or all three girls or check on all their status in turn. It seems like if it simply "stepped back" one from Chosen A/B/C > profiles select it would just reprint the Break list, which would keep the relevant information all close at hand until you're finished with it?

thelolkat

Feb 4, 2019
I'm happy that people here seem to be enjoying the game! The feedback has been helpful. I figure I should respond to the suggestions and let people know where development is heading. (And yes, I've already posted a staff ticket to get tagged.)

Their powers make it so that they don't get pregnant easily. The next tier of commanders is going to include one with super-potent semen that can overpower their protections provided that they've turned evil enough.

You're correct that eraGvT is the main inspiration. I was dissatisfied with the way that lewd stuff in that game would only happen when the player loses. I can't claim that Corrupted Saviors is bug-free, though - as the poster above noted, I missed some overflow errors in the current version, and sometimes those errors can cause a crash. Save frequently.

Images aren't planned. I think one of the main benefits of text-based games is easy customization, so I've gone all-in on that aspect. Adding images at this point would require some sort of paper doll system that's beyond my ability to code and draw.

It's half-intentional. I leaned into that aesthetic because it was what was within my abilities. Believe it or not, it used to be worse. I'm always looking for ways to improve it (though a lot of the features are so entrenched at this point that they restrict what improvements are possible).

My concern here is that the tutorial is already very wordy. I figured it might be better to just give players the bare essentials to get into the game there, and only give them the full details once they care enough to look for themselves.

I can see how the current presentation would be a problem for players who have played enough to have read the upgrade descriptions before, but haven't played enough to know them all by heart. Tooltip summaries are a good idea.

A couple of the mechanics currently in the game were intended to address the second problem you mention - namely, Slaughter (which cuts surround turns directly) and the multi-target defilers (which cut the surround turns of the higher-duration target). I'm aware that it's not enough, but I'm struggling to find a good method to deal with it that doesn't punish the player for being "too successful." Even if the process of playing out all 20+ turns is tedious, I expect that players would still feel unsatisfied with just giving up those turns for no benefit.

That's very puzzling. I checked the file uploaded here on my own system and it appears to be clean. Are you sure you weren't trying to delete the file while the game was open in the background?

Senpai noticed me.
Howdy, love the game btw, I'm trying out these EraGvT games, but I'm suuuper frustrated by the window size. I can't seem to get it to a size bigger than 800x800 in the settings for emuera; whenever I raise the height or width it resets back to 800x800.

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
Finally, I passed the hard difficulty, barely.

I mean, they killed each other and the last one escaped, but I managed to win. However, I saved scummed that playthrough.

So my opinion is that this hard mode is good, I don't really know where you could make it harder/better. :D

Last edited:

MilkMan97

Aug 9, 2019
I'm sure an issue like this has already been addressed and I'm just too lazy to go find it, but I'm having a bit of a problem moving on to level 2 core vulnerabilities. I broke all 3 of the Chosen's core vulnerabilities (it took me forever to figure out how to play properly, the game is really intricately deisgned) but now when I look at one of their profiles I just see all four of their affinity bars appended with "Minor Vulnerability: Use Grind and Pummel" "Core Vulnerability: Use Caress and Humiliate" and all that—nothing else, no goals I have to hit or anything. Is there a particular action I have to take to unlock the next tier? I thought it was 'get the relevant Defiler upgrade', but that didn't seem to be it, either.

To be honest, I might just not have actually broken the vulnerability—I know I got bonus Evil Energy, but when I look at their statistics the boxes are unchecked—did I do it wrong, somehow? I love the game, it's very intricate in how the systems work together, I'm just a bit confused at what's going on in this instance.

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
I'm sure an issue like this has already been addressed and I'm just too lazy to go find it, but I'm having a bit of a problem moving on to level 2 core vulnerabilities. I broke all 3 of the Chosen's core vulnerabilities (it took me forever to figure out how to play properly, the game is really intricately deisgned) but now when I look at one of their profiles I just see all four of their affinity bars appended with "Minor Vulnerability: Use Grind and Pummel" "Core Vulnerability: Use Caress and Humiliate" and all that—nothing else, no goals I have to hit or anything. Is there a particular action I have to take to unlock the next tier? I thought it was 'get the relevant Defiler upgrade', but that didn't seem to be it, either.

To be honest, I might just not have actually broken the vulnerability—I know I got bonus Evil Energy, but when I look at their statistics the boxes are unchecked—did I do it wrong, somehow? I love the game, it's very intricate in how the systems work together, I'm just a bit confused at what's going on in this instance.
There are different levels of broken vulnerabilities. Personaly i think the second stage vulnerabilities tool tip could be better. What you need to do to break that is to use a surround action (aka Grind, Caress, Pummel or Humiliate) to get the the corresponding circumstance damage (aka HATE PLEA INJU or EXPO) above 10k damage in a single battle.
The break happens when the surround action is going to bring the circumstance damage above that threshold.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017

It sounds like what you broke was the "reach 1000 [circumstance]" condition, which isn't really one of the 4 vulnerability tiers, it's more like the stepping stone to tier 1 for Core Vulnerabilities. What you need to do in order to break t1 vulnerabilities is to do enough circumstance damage (put it on track to exceed 10k by the end of the surround) to force the Chosen to use a sinful action like Begging. I wrote a couple of posts to hopefully help newbs here and here.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes