Cloud73

Feb 7, 2018
I'll need to give this new version a playthrough and see how the Forsaken are implemented, but after skimming through your potential update options, I'd feel stupid not to weigh in early on what I'd love to see. Here's my top picks...

Alternative Corruption Paths - This feels pretty important to me and potentially tied into the other options that I'm most interested in seeing added. I feel like the early game suffers from the INJU/ANTI+HATE combo dominating how you corrupt the Chosen, and perhaps having a gameplay path where Chosen are explicitly tempted with just pleasure or deception to become Forsaken would naturally lead into more diverse and interestingly written scenarios. Perhaps create hidden bonuses or scene triggers which develop at certain early thresholds? Maybe have certain triggers which give alternative Trauma bonuses or that change the game in more fundamental ways so that a new "optimal" is necessary? I think maybe this could be used to explore other fetishes as well. Perhaps a mechanic to give the Chosen certain fetishes? Just spitballing a bit, I haven't considered the implications of actual implementation, but the idea itself gets me hard.

Special Battle Conditions - The idea of locations or scenarios having a specific impact on battles sounds f*cking awesome. Perhaps a forest battle leaves them open to Fear because of surprise attacks? What about a battle in a sexually explicit pocket dimension? Maybe they need to protect a loved one, who can function as a one-off, non-combative Chosen who gives massive Trauma multipliers to the Chosen whom they have a relationship with when attacked? Oh, oh, what about a demon tournament system where Chosen face off in sequence against your Commanders 1v1 each day -- like a DBZ or Yu Yu Hakusho throwback? I love this idea so much.

Special Chosen - I see this as a potential reward for using alternative corruption paths or using special battle conditions to their fullest. Lab battles that transforms Chosen into androids? Forest battle to create witches? Interweaving these ideas in a fulfilling manner seems complicated to me without some forethought and planning, but I think it could be massively rewarding for players who want certain kinds of Forsaken. Which also ties into...

Expanded Forsaken Abilities - Giving special Forsaken their own unique modifiers in battle or functions that change the traditional battle loop, such as influencing how attacks influence Trauma in unique ways, would in itself be an expansion of Forsaken abilities. Add to that the customization options, and I feel like this would open up the gameplay substantially.

In any case, what excites me most is the idea of contextual or scenario changes and a potential reshuffling of how impactful certain attacks and Trauma multipliers might be based on those changes. I think that there should be situations where the traditional balance and meta gets completely thrown sideways in order to allow for more unique situations and corruptions.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
I've been keeping an eye in this game but i just struggle going in a pure text game. Here's hoping someone makes an "image pack" with the new feature so i can picture what's going on a bit easier.
Don't really see a way that it could be done well. I guess a paperdoll system could be used for clothing damage, but that would quickly end up as just showing the chosen as fully geared/fully stripped. As for the scenes, when you factor in 3 genders, varying reactions based on history, and additional actions based on break tier, it quickly balloons into the realm of being impractical.

Also doesn't hurt that leaving it text only lets you envision the chosen, commander variants, thralls, and demon lord based on your own particular tastes.

CSdev
Possible bugs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

moddingnoob

May 6, 2019
I like this game, but I am very confused. what do the levels mean in battle? How can I surround/subdue any of them for more than one round? How do I cause breaks. I'm just not sure how everything fits together.

Jan 4, 2019
I like this game, but I am very confused. what do the levels mean in battle? How can I surround/subdue any of them for more than one round? How do I cause breaks. I'm just not sure how everything fits together.
I'd check out the files "guide" and "tips" included in the RAR, they do a much better job of explaining than I could for the overall system. At a high level though, you can subdue for multiple turns by "scoring" damage points in multiple categories, or getting to "level 2 damage" (1000) in one category. Basically you will surround them for X turns where X is the sum of your "levels" of opening minus the hero's "levels" of resistance.

Reactions: vroom_vroom
Jan 4, 2019
That is very helpful. I read the guide, but I am still unsure how to rack up a lot of damage in a category quickly.
This game works in a very exponential way, so once you start hitting your first thresholds, multipliers come into play that makes everything else easier. For example, if you reach 100 EXPO with a chosen, all other chosen will get 2X points. If you reach 100 HATE with a chosen, they get a variety of multipliers, and similar bonuses come from further thresholds / thresholds in other stats. So for example, if you have Chosen A and Chosen B, you can Expose Chosen A to double your gains with B, then use the doubled gains with B to get 100 HATE, which then gives you even more multipliers you can use to rack up points on B, and so on. A lot of snowballing happens when you stack up your conditions right. The other thing to remember is that the thresholds are at 100/1000/10000 etc, so try to use moves that will push Chosen across these thresholds (for example getting a stat from 950->1000 is super important, but 1100->8000 has little impact.)

Also, I don't know how far you are in the game but the game "really" starts after about 6 or 7 days once you are against all 3 Chosen and have access to basic upgrades that buff your core moveset. Once you have multiple Chosen, FEAR also becomes quite useful. Also make sure to use your Commander when you can, they're a great way to get some of these multipliers going very early on.

Reactions: vroom_vroom

vanquishedValiant

Dec 8, 2020
Opening and Defense level relate to how easy it is Surround a Chosen. The surround duration is equal to your Opening level, so you get longer surrounds by raising that higher. It has to be at least the Defense level to grab them at all, and you raise it by dealing Trauma like Pain or Disgust. A chosen's defense level starts at 1, and goes up 2 more each time you surround them. (1,3,5,7)

Pain and Disgust are the mainstays for Chosen that are alone or undamaged, while Fear is the one you'll rely on once you can reliably surround two. Shame doesn't create an opening by itself, it just makes the surround you can already get longer.

Damage Levels refer to how many times that damage stat is being multiplied (or multiplying other stats)

Breaks are caused by dealing large amounts of (Primarily) Circumstance damage once you have a Chosen Surrounded or Captured by your commander.

That is very helpful. I read the guide, but I am still unsure how to rack up a lot of damage in a category quickly.
I strongly recommend reading Pretentious Goblin's guide earlier in this thread, they give a great play-by-play that helps convert the guide and tutorial's theory into practice.

As stated in the post above, racking up damage quickly is about compounding multipliers. Currently the most effective way to do this is through first causing INJU/ANTI and EXPO, because INJU/ANTI has the highest multiplier, and EXPO helps spread that damage to other girls. In most battles you'll want to start by attacking someone who is weak to one or both of these, because the rest of the fight's damage will start to snowball higher once these go up.

Even for targets that aren't weak to it, you almost always want to start with INJU/ANTI even if it's not the end goal of the damage you are trying to deal, because of these multipliers. I'll cheat and copy my line from my last post about suppressors to show how these multipliers stack up for total damage over three turns; for example even if you want to deal Pleasure damage most of all;

3 turns of Plea > Expo > Hate might result in something like, 100 Plea | 200 Plea 100 Expo | 250 Plea 150 Expo 50 Hate (x1 x1 x1/2)
3 turns of Injury > Hate > Pleasure Injury 100 | Injury 500 Hate 400 | Injury 1300 Hate 1200 Pleasure 800. (x1 x4 x8)

Starting with at least 1-2 levels of Injury and Hate will always result in higher net totals of other damage. Continuing to pile on Inju, Hate, and Expo (in that order) to at least 2 girls all fight long is how you get Very High multipliers, and to all 3 (via the Orgy Defile) is how you get to ludicrous multipliers. You usually add on Pleasure later in a surround because it effectively decreases the Circumstances damage you do in exchange for more Trauma, which is worth the trade once the exponent ball is rolling, because Pleasure will result in longer and longer openings to continue dealing more damage.

Last edited:

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
after playing with different forsaken, I think they are better than special commanders (except for a fully upgraded one).

Seeing that there are some suggestions for extra content, here are my suggestions:

1.- Make the tutorial a menu that has options that teach game basics, intermediate (like how to do a combo), and late-game/ advance (final days). I think each one should be preset (always the same) so the player would understand having a method.

2.- What do you think of additional vulnerabilities/circumstance/Trauma (etc), because there are some conditions that could work as one, like one that is like dizziness from demonic energy increasing trauma per turn, (overwhelm as circumstance and confusion as trauma), other like getting tainted from evil energy causing plea and expo per turn (this would like an actual change inside the body now just becoming corrupted), and something else that inflicts pain and hate (I would say self-doubt but I think something else has that name). this would be an addition to make something that deals expo/plea and hate/pain on its own, and there are some punisher-like things that could make sense, creating an ethereal leash with one chosen (as a sub on BDSM) or put them over an actual body modification process. If you create this, it could also be the way in which the forsaken would be fascinated by you, or even offering themselves to the demon lord (some could fall in love, even). basically, something that would affect motivation gain and energy gains apart from influencing battle tactics.

3.- the idea of giving the forsaken punisher-like tactics is a good one, but it would only be for the elite ones. some maybe with extra duration, like if one is like a fallen champion they would suck the energy of the chosen for themselves, or if a forsaken is in love with you she makes an offering to you with a chosen as a "breeding stock".

Sharkie94

May 5, 2020
I was equally bewildered and posted the same question earlier in this thread...
...and got some extremely helpful advice from some very kind people.

From my perspective - one important aspect is that you allow yourself to feel as
you are doing absolutely nothing throughout the first 10 battles, but things are happening
in the background which is only subtly conveyed...

Once you get the ball rolling - the numbers go absolutely ballistic in no time flat (exponential growth),
to the point where you have to be careful not to accidentally do Giga, Tera, Peta damage numbers.

The information IS in the textfiles provided with the game...
...but there is so much of it that it is hard to put into context, I know, so have a look at the extensive
explanations given to me and others earlier in this thread. ( I think around page 22-23 )

TLDR; (from my perspective, as I'm sure someone will object.)
1: Ignore anything about "breaks"... they are not important while learning the basic mechanics.
2: Use Humiliate to increase multipliers on all other characters.
3: Use Pummel to increase multipliers on that character.
4: 100, 1000, 10'000 are "damage"-numbers that increases the number allowing you to "surround"
5: The combat is not over as long as someone is "surrounded" or "captured".
...and once more - because it is hard to realize...
6: Even if you feel like you're doing sweet F-A, you did something! All those "somethings" stacks up.

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
after playing with different forsaken, I think they are better than special commanders (except for a fully upgraded one).

Seeing that there are some suggestions for extra content, here are my suggestions:

1.- Make the tutorial a menu that has options that teach game basics, intermediate (like how to do a combo), and late-game/ advance (final days). I think each one should be preset (always the same) so the player would understand having a method.

2.- What do you think of additional vulnerabilities/circumstance/Trauma (etc), because there are some conditions that could work as one, like one that is like dizziness from demonic energy increasing trauma per turn, (overwhelm as circumstance and confusion as trauma), other like getting tainted from evil energy causing plea and expo per turn (this would like an actual change inside the body now just becoming corrupted), and something else that inflicts pain and hate (I would say self-doubt but I think something else has that name). this would be an addition to make something that deals expo/plea and hate/pain on its own, and there are some punisher-like things that could make sense, creating an ethereal leash with one chosen (as a sub on BDSM) or put them over an actual body modification process. If you create this, it could also be the way in which the forsaken would be fascinated by you, or even offering themselves to the demon lord (some could fall in love, even). basically, something that would affect motivation gain and energy gains apart from influencing battle tactics.

3.- the idea of giving the forsaken punisher-like tactics is a good one, but it would only be for the elite ones. some maybe with extra duration, like if one is like a fallen champion they would suck the energy of the chosen for themselves, or if a forsaken is in love with you she makes an offering to you with a chosen as a "breeding stock".
IDK if the dev is looking for suggestions, this is only in case he is actually looking for some. Especially when I know the second one would change the game quite a bit.

I was equally bewildered and posted the same question earlier in this thread...
...and got some extremely helpful advice from some very kind people.

From my perspective - one important aspect is that you allow yourself to feel as
you are doing absolutely nothing throughout the first 10 battles, but things are happening
in the background which is only subtly conveyed...

Once you get the ball rolling - the numbers go absolutely ballistic in no time flat (exponential growth),
to the point where you have to be careful not to accidentally do Giga, Tera, Peta damage numbers.

The information IS in the textfiles provided with the game...
...but there is so much of it that it is hard to put into context, I know, so have a look at the extensive
explanations given to me and others earlier in this thread. ( I think around page 22-23 )

1: Ignore anything about "breaks"... they are not important while learning the basic mechanics.
4: 100, 1000, 10'000 are "damage"-numbers that increases the number allowing you to "surround"
6: Even if you feel like you're doing sweet F-A, you did something! All those "somethings" stacks up.
Those recommendations in the TLDR are really good. to be honest, in my first win, I did pummerl/grind + humiliate for insane numbers.

Cloud73

Feb 7, 2018
Objection!

...sorry, no offense meant, the advice is solid. Still, I want new players to see this post as well just in case they want more knowledge later on.

I sorta agree, but sorta don't. This game is complicated, but controlling "vulnerability breaks" are sort of like the endgame meta that everything leads into. You control Chosen friendships/enmities through controlling breaks, and friendships/enmities controls how much EE you get from the Chosen after battles when they go to do dirty deeds. Also, breaks lead to massive multipliers and significant changes to the difficulty of the final battle.

I do agree, though, that if you're just starting to learn the game, this is basically like trying to do differential equations while you're still taking algebra. Don't worry about that until you know the early game stuff.

Here's some early game advice.

Focus on building Angst. You do that by just using (Threaten/Slime/Attack/Taunt) during battle. A little early Angst, and the Chosen will start sinning after battles, which gives you some starting EE. Spend your first 12-15 days building up and using EE to buy starter perks and get a Commander ready.

In my opinion, you shouldn't even touch the Surround button until you have a commander who can capture a Chosen for 4 turns and you know what each Chosen is weak (ie. has Vulnerabilities) against. That means about 12 days or so where you only last 8 rounds. It'll feel bad, but it's important not to waste your time on fruitless Surrounds -- get that early Angst and EE so that you deal good damage and have a decent Commander.

As for figuring out Chosen Vulnerabilities, here's a couple tips -- no, sorry, only one tip. Buy Psychic Reading. You'll have to buy it eventually anyways to unlock some important sequential perks, so just grab it early so you can learn all the things.

With that perk, during battle, you can "Examine" each Chosen. It'll show you a little graphic displaying the Chosen's vulnerabilities, and you'll know exactly how to attack them to build angst at first. You can even see this information outside of battle by going to the "Profiles" button. Here's an example.

Vulnerabilities
Morality: FEAR -|--- HATE <= Significant Vulnerability: Use Grind and Pummel until 10k dmg
Innocence: DISG |---- PLEA <= Minor Vulnerability: Use Caress and Humiliate until 10k dmg
Confidence: PAIN ----| INJU <= Core Vulnerability: Reach Lv 2 INJU
Dignity: SHAM --|-- EXPO <= Significant Vulnerability: Use Grind and Humiliate until 10k dmg
This example Chosen is weak to Attack, the third option, because she's weak to PAIN... which is the third vulnerability listed, conveniently enough. Notice that PAIN has four tacks (----)? That's how weak she is to Attack. However, if she gets surrounded, she doesn't get INJURED very easily (no tacks), so you shouldn't bother Pummeling her. You should spend the early days just attacking her for Angst, but probably shouldn't bother with capturing or surrounding her as your first choice. Until the player can build combos using the other two Chosen, or hold her for a longer duration, Pummel will struggle to affect her.

Yes, that's what it does, but I'd suggest starting any Surround with Pummel, followed by Grind, and then either Humiliate or Caress depending on where you want the multipliers distributed -- towards other Chosen, or on the Chosen already being Pummeled/Grinded on. Even on the Chosen who are strong against Pummel/Grind, the combo builds on itself so strongly that it's almost unfair. You just need some turns for it to work its magic, hence getting a commander who can last at least 4 turns.

Pummel+Grind=Win

THIS. 100x THIS. Pummel+Grind will build SO much angst that you'll probably get your T1 breaks on the Chosen right away. It can actually be a little frustrating how good this is, because you might accidentally make Chosen befriend each other if they have the same breaks early on. Regardless, in my eyes, this combo is the bread and butter of the meta for this game right now.

This is true. Every multiple of 10 -- every new decimal place -- also equates to a new multiplier of damage. This rule applies to both sides of a Chosen's vulnerabilities.

Yes. All the flat damage you deal builds Unresolved Trauma, which builds Angst. Each fight is not isolated -- the more damage you're dealing to each Chosen, the more that damage feeds into that Chosen's Unresolved Trauma. Unresolved Trauma feeds into Angst, which gives you flat damage bonuses.

Unresolved Trauma also determines how Chosen will spend their after-battle, which gives you EE.

This game is ultimately about racing to get as much EE as you can and break each Chosen's vulnerability tiers before you hit Day 50. Most of the individual battles are about using captures and surrounds to delay the end of each fight, break their vulnerabilities, and build up that Unresolved Trauma on the Chosen so that they commit sins to give you EE. Those first 12-15 days will suck, but the next 30 will be an explosion of progress, because everything ties into one another in this game.

Last edited:

Cloud73

Feb 7, 2018
Hm... NGL, I'm a little disappointed in the Forsaken so far, but I think it's my fault for how I'm playing the Forsaken right now.

I don't think I understand the Forsaken's impact on the mechanics. I was too scared to use them where they probably need to be used because of the EE expense.

They are probably meant to be used early in a game, because I waited until my second generation of Chosen were completely broken already before risking testing them out at all. At the time that I tried them out, a well-built Commander easily outpaces what they can do. I think someone already pointed this power dynamic out, and I think that I agree with them.

It might also be HOW I broke that first generation. I made them complete enemies with one another and broke all of their vulnerabilities, then captured them all in order. I'm not sure if that's the ideal way to generate a Forsaken... Perhaps having them kill one another is actually not a bad idea? Or perhaps only break the vulnerabilities for the strengths you want them to have? IDK, I haven't played with it that way yet.

I also just don't see the sexual appeal of using them yet. Their combat scenes are very short, only 1 or two sentences a piece, and there's no depth or fun in their writing like with the Commander variation captures. TBF, I also turned off Futa shifting, and there's probably some better written rape that I'm missing hidden in there. Still, I'll have to keep playing around.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
That seems reasonable. If it's somewhere in the same angst categories as the first, or perhaps even second T3 breaks. Would it be no T1 breaks or no T2s? T2 seems like the natural spot since that's the first break you have to go for specifically, and involves the most significant and specific consequences for the chosen. It's tough to avoid T1s.
The plan is for it to require neither T1 nor T2 be broken. It is tough to avoid T1s, but that's part of the challenge. I'll note that Suppressor-type Commanders are useful for building up some circumstance damage without giving the target a chance to use any sinful actions while surrounded.
As far as priorities, I've pretty much made my piece several times here that I think Alternate Corruption Paths are very dear to my heart, so that's top of my priorities, but I think expanded abilitiesfor Forsaken is quite important too, especially with the ways these two can intermingle. I think fleshing out and amping up the current gameplay loop with using Forsaken as customized tools to fit the situation, providing the method and the reasons to use specific corruption paths is the next big thing to elevate the game as a whole. Special battle conditions would be my third choice, as they play into these two systems too and add tactical depth and variety.

I do love all your other ideas for deeper customization, relationships, displaying fetishes, etc, but I think the game's writing on that level is already great and for my money I'd prefer the skeleton and meat of the game to be enhanced first with frills coming after. Half of these mechanical features are going to necessitate new fluff writing in the first place regardless, so unless you plan on making fundamental changes to the way dialogue is parsed that you'd need to anticipate, it wouldn't get in the way. A balance of a little customization mixed in with new mechanics is probably the way to go.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the alternative corruption paths and the Forsaken expansions will feed into each other as well, since alternative corruption paths will require unusual strategies, and Forsaken can be customized to enable those strategies. So, they'll probably be implemented close to each other in any case.
I'll need to give this new version a playthrough and see how the Forsaken are implemented, but after skimming through your potential update options, I'd feel stupid not to weigh in early on what I'd love to see. Here's my top picks...

Alternative Corruption Paths - This feels pretty important to me and potentially tied into the other options that I'm most interested in seeing added. I feel like the early game suffers from the INJU/ANTI+HATE combo dominating how you corrupt the Chosen, and perhaps having a gameplay path where Chosen are explicitly tempted with just pleasure or deception to become Forsaken would naturally lead into more diverse and interestingly written scenarios. Perhaps create hidden bonuses or scene triggers which develop at certain early thresholds? Maybe have certain triggers which give alternative Trauma bonuses or that change the game in more fundamental ways so that a new "optimal" is necessary? I think maybe this could be used to explore other fetishes as well. Perhaps a mechanic to give the Chosen certain fetishes? Just spitballing a bit, I haven't considered the implications of actual implementation, but the idea itself gets me hard.

Special Battle Conditions - The idea of locations or scenarios having a specific impact on battles sounds f*cking awesome. Perhaps a forest battle leaves them open to Fear because of surprise attacks? What about a battle in a sexually explicit pocket dimension? Maybe they need to protect a loved one, who can function as a one-off, non-combative Chosen who gives massive Trauma multipliers to the Chosen whom they have a relationship with when attacked? Oh, oh, what about a demon tournament system where Chosen face off in sequence against your Commanders 1v1 each day -- like a DBZ or Yu Yu Hakusho throwback? I love this idea so much.

Special Chosen - I see this as a potential reward for using alternative corruption paths or using special battle conditions to their fullest. Lab battles that transforms Chosen into androids? Forest battle to create witches? Interweaving these ideas in a fulfilling manner seems complicated to me without some forethought and planning, but I think it could be massively rewarding for players who want certain kinds of Forsaken. Which also ties into...

Expanded Forsaken Abilities - Giving special Forsaken their own unique modifiers in battle or functions that change the traditional battle loop, such as influencing how attacks influence Trauma in unique ways, would in itself be an expansion of Forsaken abilities. Add to that the customization options, and I feel like this would open up the gameplay substantially.

In any case, what excites me most is the idea of contextual or scenario changes and a potential reshuffling of how impactful certain attacks and Trauma multipliers might be based on those changes. I think that there should be situations where the traditional balance and meta gets completely thrown sideways in order to allow for more unique situations and corruptions.
Some interesting ideas here. My plan regarding the special Chosen types was that they'd start as special Chosen, but the notion of some special sort of shift in order to turn a normal human into something else is also worth thinking about.
Possible bugs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The out of order breaks are intended, and I suspect that the observed strangeness regarding the tier 1 breaks is just because the actual conditions for the break are that the Chosen thinks she can only avoid reaching 10k damage by decreasing the incoming damage. The decision-making process they use to determine that is imperfect (by design), so it might lead to surprising results sometimes.

The scene where one teammate assaults another is coded to trigger the M->F shift for the victim when it's toggled on, so I'm surprised to hear that you didn't see it. I'll investigate when I have a chance.

The customization request is noted. The only reason I don't implement it immediately is that I'm worried about players getting confused about having two chances to change the subject's name. Just so you know, the game saves your responses to the 25 questions, so you can go back to the naming phase and then forward again without needing to worry about remembering all your answers.

Punisher-like tactics for Forsaken are definitely going in eventually, pretty much in the way you describe. Improving the tutorial is something I intend to do, but I'm still not sure exactly how it should be done. Regarding adding new traumas and circumstances, it isn't planned (mainly because I don't think they'd be able to do anything gameplay-wise that's not already covered by the existing ones), but I think that the alternative corruption paths and special battle conditions should cover most of the same fetishes and situations.
Hm... NGL, I'm a little disappointed in the Forsaken so far, but I think it's my fault for how I'm playing the Forsaken right now.

I don't think I understand the Forsaken's impact on the mechanics. I was too scared to use them where they probably need to be used because of the EE expense.

They are probably meant to be used early in a game, because I waited until my second generation of Chosen were completely broken already before risking testing them out at all. At the time that I tried them out, a well-built Commander easily outpaces what they can do. I think someone already pointed this power dynamic out, and I think that I agree with them.

It might also be HOW I broke that first generation. I made them complete enemies with one another and broke all of their vulnerabilities, then captured them all in order. I'm not sure if that's the ideal way to generate a Forsaken... Perhaps having them kill one another is actually not a bad idea? Or perhaps only break the vulnerabilities for the strengths you want them to have? IDK, I haven't played with it that way yet.

I also just don't see the sexual appeal of using them yet. Their combat scenes are very short, only 1 or two sentences a piece, and there's no depth or fun in their writing like with the Commander variation captures. TBF, I also turned off Futa shifting, and there's probably some better written rape that I'm missing hidden in there. Still, I'll have to keep playing around.
There isn't really any in-depth erotic content between Chosen and Forsaken right now, regardless of your content settings. The current content is more about the buildup and setting up the context for the real climactic scenes later down the line. As for the gameplay, there are still a lot of training options and in-combat abilities (like being able to break vulnerabilities) which Forsaken can't use yet. This is why I consider the Forsaken to be one of the main candidates for the focus of the coming updates.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
The out of order breaks are intended, and I suspect that the observed strangeness regarding the tier 1 breaks is just because the actual conditions for the break are that the Chosen thinks she can only avoid reaching 10k damage by decreasing the incoming damage. The decision-making process they use to determine that is imperfect (by design), so it might lead to surprising results sometimes.
Based on that, I'm guessing the issue is related having circumstance damage from a source other that a basic surround action (a non-basic commander getting it's hands/tentacles on them, tier 2 double actions, orgies, etc). You may want to consider making 10k auto-trigger it, I've had them ignore it with some, ahh... high numbers. Also may be worth considering making more than 0 of that conditional damage a requirement. Ex. I often try to save breaking morality on naive characters, and regularly need to reload after breaking it with 0 hate and 0 incoming hate while using pummel. That's not imperfect, that's delusional.

The scene where one teammate assaults another is coded to trigger the M->F shift for the victim when it's toggled on, so I'm surprised to hear that you didn't see it. I'll investigate when I have a chance.
Should be able to upload either the team or a save if you end up wanting to poke at the characters. Don't believe I kept a save near that particular break though.

The customization request is noted. The only reason I don't implement it immediately is that I'm worried about players getting confused about having two chances to change the subject's name. Just so you know, the game saves your responses to the 25 questions, so you can go back to the naming phase and then forward again without needing to worry about remembering all your answers.
For me at least the option to edit the gender is the bigger thing. Easy enough to just use gender neutral names, even if it's kinda limiting. It might not(?) matter much for folks who play with futanari on, but for those of us that aren't interested it would definitely be handy. My understanding was that exiting the customize section to re-randomize the gender positions or alter the gender composition wipes the responses (and taking notes then backing out kinda kills the fun of crafting them like that).

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
That's nice. However, for someone that plays on hard mode exclusively, This patch is a little underwhelming.
Quick changelog:
This update adds the second tier of Forsaken training actions, which generally have lower Stamina costs, higher Motivation gains, and much greater Expertise rewards. These actions will be the bread-and-butter of most training sessions, even after the later tiers get added. The two main drawbacks to these actions are that they might be too intense for low-corruption Forsaken, and that using them during a playthrough requires purchasing upgrades (the same upgrades which also unlock Suppressor Commander types). The latter requirement isn't very meaningful yet since there's no penalty for doing your training from the main menu, but it will be important for making the first tier of training actions more relevant during campaign mode.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback regarding where development should go next. I'm going to dip into flavor text for one update in order to implement the vignette system (and ideally also a scene viewer) and put some more proper erotica into the game. After that, I'm tentatively looking into alternative corruption paths. I think this order works well since once the framework for vignettes is in, it should be easy to add a vignette or two to updates which otherwise don't have much erotic content, and slowly build up the number of viewable scenes that way. The content of further-off updates still isn't set in stone, so feel free to continue to provide feedback regarding which features are needed most!
I've also opened up a tip jar which can be found on the site sidebar. I won't be putting any of my releases behind paywalls, which means that I don't have anything concrete to give to people who donate. This should be viewed purely as an option for people who are getting enough enjoyment out of the game that they feel it'd be worth paying for.

• Content: Added the second tier of training actions for the Forsaken.
  • Interface: After the Psychic Reading upgrade has been purchased, picking which of the Chosen to target first in battle will display the target's vulnerabilities on the confirmation screen.
  • Bugfix: The Forsaken's total expertise values will no longer sometimes decrease during training.
  • Bugfix: The game will now correctly remember which text size the player was using in the most recent save.
Talking of which, hard mode is not kidding around! Maybe I'm not as good as I thought but I can barely win it!
Not once have I been able to finish early, usually needing to break a T4 on my last chosen on the 34th day. Not once, yet, have I been able to break all T4s on a chosen, on hard mode, and finish with all of them dropping to 0 resolve!

Also, CSdev, T4 confidence break is kind of a trap, no? The EE and, most importantly, time cost to break it on a single chosen is prohibitive. Or maybe I'm just playing unoptimally, that might be it...

Moreover, suggestion-wise, having a tech-tree would be absolutely great. Having to look around and click on several different tech just to see the one you want to bee-line to and being able to see only the direct prerequisites is pretty inconvenient. Maybe, also, having a "status" button while in a fight to see the amount of extermination and evacuation remaining. Right now, the only way to review this information is to scroll back an indeterminate amount of lines until you find it and make sure it's not the one from a turn earlier. Or, simply, make so it displays when you would see the opening and defense levels. Also, being able to see in the chosen's examine option the amount of damage they took last turn and the effective multiplier of last turn. That's also because the only way to find that info is to scroll back up and sometimes you're just looking at all your options going back and forth between chosen and the info is way up.

And, the bug that was already reported earlier about being stuck in a chosen's page when you try to interact with her and not being able to look at the others is pretty debilitating.

Last edited:

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
I don't understand the training system at all. It just gets stuck on the same values no matter what I do. How to use cheat engine to raise the Forsaken's stats?

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Based on that, I'm guessing the issue is related having circumstance damage from a source other that a basic surround action (a non-basic commander getting it's hands/tentacles on them, tier 2 double actions, orgies, etc). You may want to consider making 10k auto-trigger it, I've had them ignore it with some, ahh... high numbers. Also may be worth considering making more than 0 of that conditional damage a requirement. Ex. I often try to save breaking morality on naive characters, and regularly need to reload after breaking it with 0 hate and 0 incoming hate while using pummel. That's not imperfect, that's delusional.
It's an intended feature that you can break morality by using pummel, confidence by using caress, etc. The thing that breaks the vulnerability is when they use the sinful move - it doesn't matter which circumstance they're trying to stop from hitting 10k. It means that you have to be careful about which moves you use, but it can also be used to your benefit by (for example) using pleasure to break the confidence of someone who would never start begging due to mere injuries alone.

It's also intended that the vulnerability doesn't break when you get them above 10k damage without giving them a chance to use the sinful move. After all, if they're already above 10k damage, then using the sinful move won't stop you from triggering the defiler action whenever you want. This can be used to avoid breaking a minor vulnerability on a character you don't want to break yet, and it'll also be useful for triggering the alternative corruption path you want once that's implemented.
Should be able to upload either the team or a save if you end up wanting to poke at the characters. Don't believe I kept a save near that particular break though.
I've been trying various things to try to bug it out, but so far it's caused a shift every time it's supposed to. I don't think there are any team variables that could change how it works, but if you do ever end up with a save immediately before the bug happens, I'd definitely appreciate you uploading it.
For me at least the option to edit the gender is the bigger thing. Easy enough to just use gender neutral names, even if it's kinda limiting. It might not(?) matter much for folks who play with futanari on, but for those of us that aren't interested it would definitely be handy. My understanding was that exiting the customize section to re-randomize the gender positions or alter the gender composition wipes the responses (and taking notes then backing out kinda kills the fun of crafting them like that).
You're correct that completely backing out will wipe the responses. I'll see about reworking the customization sequence to be a little more flexible. At some point I'm going to need to do a complete overhaul in order to add more customization options anyway.
That's nice. However, for someone that plays on hard mode exclusively, This patch is a little underwhelming.
This is probably the biggest drawback of implementing the Forsaken before campaign mode. Because you can make the Forsaken arbitrarily strong before starting a regular playthrough, anything involving the Forsaken can't be part of an appropriately challenging gameplay loop. It'll be important to add at least a basic campaign mode before I get too sidetracked with adding more toys for the Forsaken.
Talking of which, hard mode is not kidding around! Maybe I'm not as good as I thought but I can barely win it!
Not once have I been able to finish early, usually needing to break a T4 on my last chosen on the 34th day. Not once, yet, have I been able to break all T4s on a chosen, on hard mode, and finish with all of them dropping to 0 resolve!

Also, CSdev, T4 confidence break is kind of a trap, no? The EE and, most importantly, time cost to break it on a single chosen is prohibitive. Or maybe I'm just playing unoptimally, that might be it...
The T4 confidence break is high investment, but also high reward. If your commander deals a decent amount of INJU damage before they detonate, then you can spike the drain effectiveness very quickly by hitting the same Chosen multiple times in the same battle. For example, if you can do three captures, then the first might give +120% effectiveness, the second +150% effectiveness, and the third +180% effectiveness, for a total of +450% effectiveness that day. Do it two days in a row, and you're already done. It's pretty much the polar opposite of the T4 innocence break, which fills up pretty much on its own, but rather slowly.

You'll be running a huge EE deficit if you try to use that strategy on all three Chosen, of course, but the "intended" hard mode playthrough strategy is to set up a different T4 break for each of the Chosen, and try to time things so that they all happen at once, in time for the final battle. After you get your first T4 break, getting more on the same target doesn't help you much (although it's certainly fine for a self-imposed challenge).
Moreover, suggestion-wise, having a tech-tree would be absolutely great. Having to look around and click on several different tech just to see the one you want to bee-line to and being able to see only the direct prerequisites is pretty inconvenient. Maybe, also, having a "status" button while in a fight to see the amount of extermination and evacuation remaining. Right now, the only way to review this information is to scroll back an indeterminate amount of lines until you find it and make sure it's not the one from a turn earlier. Or, simply, make so it displays when you would see the opening and defense levels. Also, being able to see in the chosen's examine option the amount of damage they took last turn and the effective multiplier of last turn. That's also because the only way to find that info is to scroll back up and sometimes you're just looking at all your options going back and forth between chosen and the info is way up.

And, the bug that was already reported earlier about being stuck in a chosen's page when you try to interact with her and not being able to look at the others is pretty debilitating.
I agree that these interface improvements are all past-due. My plan for this release is to put in the framework for vignettes, then go through the backlog of minor needed changes like this, then write as many vignettes as I can by the end of the month.

Reactions: mordet

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
CSdev Talking of which, I just restarted a new save file and by day 22 I Imago'd while in hard mode I usually need every day.
Did I just get better or lucky or is there a difference between normal and hard mode except for the 15 days?

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
CSdev Talking of which, I just restarted a new save file and by day 22 I Imago'd while in hard mode I usually need every day.
Did I just get better or lucky or is there a difference between normal and hard mode except for the 15 days?
The other difference (aside from not being able to use Forsaken) is that the damage you deal is cut to 80% for every damage level you deal (so damage above level 2 is cut to 64%, damage above level 3 is cut to 51.2%, and so on. Unlike other damage multipliers, this one is applied to whatever fraction of the damage goes above the next threshold (which is why the multiplier isn't shown on the status screen - it would always be inaccurate when your damage that turn goes above the next threshold).

My reasoning for doing it like that was so that the early breaks would be only a little bit harder to get, but the later breaks would be much harder to get. In the campaign mode, this system will be used to cut damage more and more in later loops, but you'll also have stronger Forsaken to overcome it.

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes