BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
Thanx guys, i got at least some new info out of it though things are still quite confusing. And i do appreciate your long answers - those are good.

Just to try my understanding current trio i am working on is
Reaper FEAR/HATE 0/4 DISG/PLEA 3/1 PAIN/INJU 4/0 SHAM/EXPO 2/2 Dual Core Fore INJU and PLEA
Mirage FEAR/HATE 2/2 DISG/PLEA 0/4 PAIN/INJU 2/5 SHAM/EXPO 4/0 EXPO core
Freedom FEAR/HATE 4/0 DISG/PLEA 2/2 PAIN/INJU 2/2 SHAM/EXPO 0/4 HATE Core

My main target is Reaper So i am trying to work around it. Early upgrades that i am getting are all of those that extend battle for now.
Trying to form strategy. so far i was going in for quick hit on Reaper (she have round 7/8 support so there is time to play) and try to go pain=>surround=>grind in 3 turn and then try to go past 100 on all other traumas inb4 catching freedom for quick expo break which usually let me surround Reper for 2nd time. but thats about it. results of that combo are not that high. Commanders are still not in the picture due to me rushing all things that extend battle up to nurseries and collaborators. Points income is still 3 per turn. So if you be so kind give me some practical examples to work with for this team, maybe i will understand some stuff better by application
I won't be able to help today, it's game night with the buds, but if you could give us a list of what upgrades you currently have that would help. =)
Oh! And what rounds the Chosen show up on when you target Reaper! That's a big variable. Edit: I am a dumb. You said 7/8 round support. =P
If you're still having trouble when I'm free (late tonight or tomorrow) I'll do my best to help you out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragsmu and Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
If
Thanx guys, i got at least some new info out of it though things are still quite confusing. And i do appreciate your long answers - those are good.

Reaper FEAR/HATE 0/4 DISG/PLEA 3/1 PAIN/INJU 4/0 SHAM/EXPO 2/2 Dual Core Fore INJU and PLEA

My main target is Reaper So i am trying to work around it. Early upgrades that i am getting are all of those that extend battle for now.
Trying to form strategy. so far i was going in for quick hit on Reaper (she have round 7/8 support so there is time to play) and try to go pain=>surround=>grind in 3 turn and then try to go past 100 on all other traumas inb4 catching freedom for quick expo break which usually let me surround Reper for 2nd time. but thats about it. results of that combo are not that high. Commanders are still not in the picture due to me rushing all things that extend battle up to nurseries and collaborators. Points income is still 3 per turn. So if you be so kind give me some practical examples to work with for this team, maybe i will understand some stuff better by application
I'm glad we could help! :D And if you're good with long answers then I'm more than happy to keep them coming haha.

Hmm, based on your current strategy and the chosen you got for this run I would say with your current goal and situation a commander would be your best bet, even if its only with one or two extra turns. And since support arrives so late it would really benefit you to aim for a commander with a lot of turns. Also you can do pain=>taunt=>surround=>grind=>humiliate with your current setup to get one more turn for that initial surround. It's a bit tricky without a commander in this scenario since Reaper's initial trauma weakness is PAIN which has to reach the next level to apply after the last surround so with those kinds of chosen you need to make sure when you surround, you can ensure either the surrounding turns will get her to the next Pain level or you have PLEA or HATE active so you can do the last bumps of damage to reactivate.

Alternatively you can start with Freedom with instead and just try to get her EXPO as high as you can with her before your ultimate target of Reaper. Even a normal commander without any turn extensions can do well if you play your cards right. Starting off with an ambush of her and raising EXPO and PAIN would be good, especially if she doesn't regenerate afterwards which the more reckless chosen tend to do if its only 1 or 2 levels of circumstance damage

Your first strategy could work with Reaper if you start off with a commander with one or two turns so you can save her first PAIN level for a second surround.

That's what I came up with so far based on your goal and the current situation I hope my ideas were helpful! :D
And if you'd like to upload your current save I can load it and try some more strategies and see If I can add more to what I already said.

And what tpk said about the normal commanders and the combos are really good tips in general.
Most importantly if your plan doesn't work out, there's nothing wrong with setting a different goal for the time being to help make your ultimate goal easier. Although Mirage has no EXPO weakness the rest of her weaknesses will make it easier to work on her, especially the High PLEA and INJU weakness. Using her to or Freedom and breaking some of thier t1 vulnerabilities might be what you need to make your plan of breaking Reaper's core vulnerabilities more viable. :D

Reactions: Ragsmu

tpk

Aug 24, 2018

what day are you on?

if you are in the early days (day 1 to 10) I would say that you should focus on gathering EE and stacking trauma.

in any case, the upgrades to extend battle are always good options. I don't know if you have seen the upgrade 'consciousness network' (I think its called), try to rush that one, it makes everything more easier

the next example is based on how I play and is theoretical, but you never know:

after day 10 you would want to save EE to get a commander that last 5, 6 or 7 turns and can be used 2 or 3 times, I will have this as 2 captures and 5 or 6 turns and at around day 15 you could do this.

you start with commander on reaper, hit hate -> plea -> expo -> inju (you could go expo second, plea third)

after the next chosen appears reaper should be no longer captured, before you capture her again, use the commander in the new chosen and Just leave it at expo and then capture reaper again. go inju on reaper, and if the other captured chosen is freedom go inju on her too.

so what is happening here is reaper at around 4 - 7 turns (3 if I got this terribly wrong), and the other chosen at 3 turns.

next is (at your choice, if you have time go both): going with everything else on reaper (hate,plea, and expo), or build a capture on the last chosen (just 1 is enough).

at the last turn of capture, trigger the last chosen.

this should be the third capture of reaper, where you use everything and pray that it works, and at least get to level 2 on both plea and inju, maybe more.

you could be more oppressive if you go with 3 captures on your commander, but this is just for a 5 turns/2 captures as that is not that expensive

Reactions: Ragsmu

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
I won't be able to help today, it's game night with the buds, but if you could give us a list of what upgrades you currently have that would help. =)
That's what I came up with so far based on your goal and the current situation I hope my ideas were helpful! :D
And if you'd like to upload your current save I can load it and try some more strategies and see If I can add more to what I already said.
Thanx again, i will try it out. here is the save file. it's 11 days in and is my current run that i am talking about. made a copy at this point in time for myself, and will try all those nice tips for now, but if needed will fall back onto this one.
Also for an upgrade list Psychic reading, Wide deployment, Fast breeders, Focus, Coordinated Deployment, Eager Breeders, Weakens sense, Enhanced Polymorphism, Mania, Nursery Hives. Next on planned is human collaborators. But anyways all is in the save. (Also warning - White background (White text on black is killing my eyes) so be careful of a flash bomb)

Reactions: Kalloi

DoomSatan

Aug 12, 2017
Sadly i dont know how to link specific posts of others so i'll just answer like this

rizldiz3l these portraits look really nice. Not exactly what i am looking for, but i guess more so than the standard ones.

And after some trial and error i kown how to customize the choosen and also how to export them. But what i was looking, or rather hoping for, is a way to toggle that for example only named superheroines show up in my campain. Something like starfire, raven etc. as standard choosen and then wonder woman as a superior one. because even if i add their portraits now, in campaign mode everything else will still be randomized.
So in essence i would like to be able to create fully customized characters, so apperance, personality, vulnerabilities, name, moveset, clothes and portrait (-> no rng elements) that then can show up in my campaign. And in addition to this a button to then disable randomly generated choosen

DoomSatan

Aug 12, 2017
And something that just popped into my mind. dont know if this could be a cool thing or not, but here goes:
in addition to what i said in my previous post, allow us to set damage multipliers for our custom choosen. so for example wonder womans confidence cannot be broken or she doesnt take any damage from attac actions etc, but as a warrior is more prone to violence and experienced in sex. something like this would help make each choosen feel more unique and require different strategies to achieve specific breaks. with this there could be situations like your only real chance is to go for a difficult distortion because you cant just bruteforce breaks with endgame commanders.
i think capturing a choosen like this would then feel like a real achievement

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
Thanx again, i will try it out. here is the save file. it's 11 days in and is my current run that i am talking about. made a copy at this point in time for myself, and will try all those nice tips for now, but if needed will fall back onto this one.
Also for an upgrade list Psychic reading, Wide deployment, Fast breeders, Focus, Coordinated Deployment, Eager Breeders, Weakens sense, Enhanced Polymorphism, Mania, Nursery Hives. Next on planned is human collaborators. But anyways all is in the save. (Also warning - White background (White text on black is killing my eyes) so be careful of a flash bomb)
anybody knows how do the saves work? I tried using this one but it does not work :unsure:

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
i think you just copy it into install folder? at least that's where i got mine from. This file contains all the saves so you probably need to remove your own save first though?

Also might be that you still have older version of the game and hence not compatible?

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
anybody knows how do the saves work? I tried using this one but it does not work :unsure:
Make a copy of your game folder. The whole thing. Then delete the save file. Remove the numbers on the new save file, place it in the game folder, and it should work. That's how I've been doing it at least.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Make a copy of your game folder. The whole thing. Then delete the save file. Remove the numbers on the new save file, place it in the game folder, and it should work. That's how I've been doing it at least.
I typically just make another folder and put my current save in and afterwards remove numbers from the save I downloaded

Akuochi

May 19, 2018
I assume the portraits were generated using StyleGAN or a similar system, which is a novel idea but unfortunately for me they detract more than enhance the current experience.

Danieri

Apr 28, 2017
I´m trying this game for the second time and even though I think I have progressed a little bit I still don´t know what I´m doing wrong. I´m trying to make the Chosens rivals by breaking their Core Vulnerabilities first. So far, I had mixed results, since I managed to do it on one chosen but broke a minor on other chosen by mistake, resulting in 1 rivalry and 1 friendship. I decided to keep going and try to still set them apart. However, I broke 2 Tier 1 Cores on one of the rivals in a single fight, but the result was that instead of rivals they are now "Uncertain friends". I attach 2 images showing my chosen breaks and vulnerabilities and how the relationship between Pain and Vassal changed after breaking the Cores.
The difference is that I broke one Eidolon Tier 2 Core and two of Vassal Tier 1 Cores.

What am I missing?

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I´m trying this game for the second time and even though I think I have progressed a little bit I still don´t know what I´m doing wrong. I´m trying to make the Chosens rivals by breaking their Core Vulnerabilities first. So far, I had mixed results, since I managed to do it on one chosen but broke a minor on other chosen by mistake, resulting in 1 rivalry and 1 friendship. I decided to keep going and try to still set them apart. However, I broke 2 Tier 1 Cores on one of the rivals in a single fight, but the result was that instead of rivals they are now "Uncertain friends". I attach 2 images showing my chosen breaks and vulnerabilities and how the relationship between Pain and Vassal changed after breaking the Cores.
The difference is that I broke one Eidolon Tier 2 Core and two of Vassal Tier 1 Cores.

What am I missing?
Which Chosen has a minor in Dignity? Also another thing that influences the chosen's relationship is the number of friendly events compared to the number of rivalry events prior.
ie. If Vassal's core kept being broken before Pain's minor and the events with them were mostly positive then the negative might stress or worsen the relationship but it not become a full blown rivalry. I've actually used that to my advantage to have fully broken chosen with unbreakable bonds because of it, this might not be the case in this scenario since I'm still missing a few pieces of info but it's good to keep this in mind in terms of relationships! :D

But yeah, I think depending on who has Dignity as minor or if no one does and its just a significant vulnerability for all of them that I can help answer your question!:D

Danieri

Apr 28, 2017
Which Chosen has a minor in Dignity? Also another thing that influences the chosen's relationship is the number of friendly events compared to the number of rivalry events prior.
ie. If Vassal's core kept being broken before Pain's minor and the events with them were mostly positive then the negative might stress or worsen the relationship but it not become a full blown rivalry. I've actually used that to my advantage to have fully broken chosen with unbreakable bonds because of it, this might not be the case in this scenario since I'm still missing a few pieces of info but it's good to keep this in mind in terms of relationships! :D

But yeah, I think depending on who has Dignity as minor or if no one does and its just a significant vulnerability for all of them that I can help answer your question!:D
Pain does have Minor vulnerability in Dignity. That should have worsened Pain´s relation with Eidolon (Broken Dignity Core) if I´m not mistaken.
However, now that you mention it, I saw some of those events in a friendly manner, so that´s what is probably happening (Rivalry turned into uncertain friendship and the solid friendship stayed the same) . Is there a way to change the outcome of these events or is it full rng? Finally, you say you chose to have them have unbreakable bonds instead of being fully broken... is there a reason to decide whether you want them to hate each other or be friends? (I decided to make them rivals to get extra turns on Chosen arrivals and I read you get extra damage later on when you simoultaneously surround two chosen).

Thanks a lot!

Shevian

Apr 15, 2021
This looks very fun, however it's too complex for me.

I've already done the tutorial, but it's easy when someone's holding your hands through the process. When I'm all by myself I get lost quickly.

Is there any guide for a beginner to know what they are doing?

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Pain does have Minor vulnerability in Dignity. That should have worsened Pain´s relation with Eidolon (Broken Dignity Core) if I´m not mistaken.
However, now that you mention it, I saw some of those events in a friendly manner, so that´s what is probably happening (Rivalry turned into uncertain friendship and the solid friendship stayed the same) . Is there a way to change the outcome of these events or is it full rng? Finally, you say you chose to have them have unbreakable bonds instead of being fully broken... is there a reason to decide whether you want them to hate each other or be friends? (I decided to make them rivals to get extra turns on Chosen arrivals and I read you get extra damage later on when you simoultaneously surround two chosen).

Thanks a lot!
No worries I'm glad to help!! :D

And I mostly wanted to know who had a minor in Dignity so I could confirm if it was Vassal's minor or not. In which case confidence is her minor and now I know why things went the way it did.

Pain had her t2 dignity broken first before Eidolon's so that's why they are still friends.
What happened between Pain and Vassal a little it more complicated. . .

I can definitely understand the confusion though since the Vassal and Pain were already rivals and you already were on track to get them to hate each other. The problem is that Vassal has two Core's and so that meant she might be going to be connected to one chosen twice, in this case it's Pain.

Since Pain has a minor in Morality I'm guessing since she's the Red personality for your run, That means breaking Vassal's core morality would mean relationship events between those two

but Vassal ALSO has a minor vulnerability in confidence and since that is Pain's core vulnerability that means relationship events based on those as well.

This where my earlier reply comes into play since now you have potentially twice as many relationship events between two chosen and depending if most of them are negative or positive will determine if they will be rivals or friends in the end.

And what determines if the relationship positive or negative depends on two things, the number of positive and negative relationship events that happened before and one more thing if in case I didn't explain before but how broken the minor vulnerabilities before a core vulnerability is broken.

Beside being the damage they start off weakest to, a minor vulnerability can also determine if a relationship event will be positive or negative based on what stage of their of minor vulnerability they are on.

If the core vulnerability is broken and its on the same tier as the minor or lower the chosen will be able to relate to each other and it will be positive.

If the core vulnerability is broken and it passes the minor vulnerability then the chosen won't be able to understand each other and it will be negative. And depending on the difference between the two the chosen with core may even break the other chosen's vulnerability in spite of them not suffering like they do which gives a delicious amount of EE usually.
Ie. If you keep breaking Pain's confidence vulnerability and get her to t3 and you continue to do nothing to Vassal's confidence vulnerabilities then you will be in a interesting event, lets just say one character will have a hard time sitting down in most versions of that event :)

The last paragraph usually can give you a good sign or not it and a underlined part in it as well iirc!

So with all that said to explain what happened literally-

-You broke Pain's t1 confidence first and since Vassal had no confidence vulnerabilities broken they turned into rivals

-But when you broke Vassal's t1 morality after this battle and after Pain already had her t1 morality broken they turned into uncertain friends as a result.

-You broke Eidolon's t2 dignity and Pain already had her t2 as well broken so they still remained friends

So depending on how you planned on breaking those two vulnerabilities will determine their relationship. If you want them as enemies I would break Vassal's t2 morality first before breaking Pain's t2 morality.

Or I would continue breaking Pain's confidence vulnerabilities as before just make sure hers' is at least one step ahead of Vassal's confidence vulnerabilities which should be easy to since you haven't broken any of Vassals' yet.

With Pain and Eidolon just make sure to break Eidolon's dignity before breaking Pain's dignity vulnerabilities anymore, basically the same advice I brought up with Pain and Vassal

I hope I explained everything lmk if you have more questions about this! :D
And I will separate this and the reply to your other question with another post since I understand this is already alot of to read hahaha

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
This looks very fun, however it's too complex for me.

I've already done the tutorial, but it's easy when someone's holding your hands through the process. When I'm all by myself I get lost quickly.

Is there any guide for a beginner to know what they are doing?
There's quite a few guides on the forums I will try to quote a few in a moment once I finish typing some other replies.

I definitely understand and can relate about the tutorial, I will say just do a full run and go all the way even if you feel like you're going to lose and pick upgrades you think are fun and just experiment! I also would import that team so that way you can have a day 1 team you're used to and familiarize the mechanics with.

The second thing I would do after that run and you learned somethings is to take that day 1 save and start in cheat mode with all the upgrades unlocked and all the EE you want and fucking go the town on them for a run.
Besides being an excellent stress reliever for them fucking you over on your first run, having all the abilities unlocked and making any overpowered commander you want can help you understand the other mechanics in the game even more.

And after that I would do one more run with that team in day 1 without cheats, with everything you learned and know now you should be able to at least get a victory with them and it will feel even more satisfying to kick their ass without even using cheats and just with the experience you gained throughout your runs.

I understand it will be frustrated as hell especially that first run and possibly some moments afterwards but the more runs you have under your belt and the more you learn the mechanics the smoother things will get I promise :)

And If you have any questions or problems you have in your runs feel free to post them here there are a lot of people here to answer your questions and give suggestions so feel free to ask whenever I hope you have fun trying out the game! :D

Reactions: Shevian
3.80 star(s) 54 Votes