tpk

Aug 24, 2018
ok, starting to try the save given by Ragsmu. will edit later

day 10-16: buy patience, perception, cunning, persistence, intelligence.

day 17: did basically the thing I said (just with 4 turns, as I don't have enough moneh) reaper got to level 2 plea.

day 18: repeated the thing but after the first reaper capture went for inju and mirage in level 1 expo with a 2 turn capture, got level 2 on inju.

as a comment: i know this is about reaper, but we need the money, tried some things to focus on reaper, but getting more EE is better in the long run

day 19: went against mirage (commander ambush 4 turns, 2 captures) pummel, grind, caress, humiliate. reaper appears, capture reaper, humilate, back to mirage, grind, humiliate, do not caress and pummel. honestly,I think I fucked up here, as I used the second capture on reaper earlier so idk how you are going to use that one. again, make sure to keep 1 capture before mirage ends, capture her again humiliate, grind. mirage is level 2 expo and got 5 points constatly (sort of).

went to eat something brb :p

day 20: freedom's turn (commander ambush 5 turns 2 captures) pummel, caress, grind, humiliate. you know the deal: reaper appears, capture her, expo on her, back on freedom. freedom grind, pummel, caress, do not humiliate. when freedom is about to finish capture someone (if i'm not wrong you could capture reaper right here), and go grind, pummel, caress, do not humiliate. you should have freedom over level 2 and maybe even with the next tier broken, and you could end with 26. sadly freedom and reaper are friends now (if they are enemies it would give you more points, but don't worry, we'll fix that).

I must say, this 'guide' (honestly I'm pretty bad at explaining) will try to absolutely destroy all vulnerabilities eventually.

day 21-22: just stacking EE.

day 23: went after reaper (commander ambush 6 turns 2 captures) go grind pummel caress humiliate. you know the deal, just remember that freedom is humiliate first then pummel. back with reaper now repeat the first combo. capture another chosen and then repeat on reaper. now she has plea tier 2 broken and significant expo tier 2. she is friends with mirage (again, we will fix that later).

day 24: just wait day.

day 25: now you exactly have for a commander with 6 turns and 3 captures. I will leave this part here because when you get the uses of the commander, things can get pretty crazy.

this nonsense guide will continue in another comment!...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi and Ragsmu

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
Seeing how much this thread is flourishing makes me so happy. Everyone is being so supportive, and engaged. Y'all are awesome.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
No worries I'm glad to help!! :D

And I mostly wanted to know who had a minor in Dignity so I could confirm if it was Vassal's minor or not. In which case confidence is her minor and now I know why things went the way it did.

Pain had her t2 dignity broken first before Eidolon's so that's why they are still friends.
What happened between Pain and Vassal a little it more complicated. . .

I can definitely understand the confusion though since the Vassal and Pain were already rivals and you already were on track to get them to hate each other. The problem is that Vassal has two Core's and so that meant she might be going to be connected to one chosen twice, in this case it's Pain.

Since Pain has a minor in Morality I'm guessing since she's the Red personality for your run, That means breaking Vassal's core morality would mean relationship events between those two

but Vassal ALSO has a minor vulnerability in confidence and since that is Pain's core vulnerability that means relationship events based on those as well.

This where my earlier reply comes into play since now you have potentially twice as many relationship events between two chosen and depending if most of them are negative or positive will determine if they will be rivals or friends in the end.

And what determines if the relationship positive or negative depends on two things, the number of positive and negative relationship events that happened before and one more thing if in case I didn't explain before but how broken the minor vulnerabilities before a core vulnerability is broken.

Beside being the damage they start off weakest to, a minor vulnerability can also determine if a relationship event will be positive or negative based on what stage of their of minor vulnerability they are on.

If the core vulnerability is broken and its on the same tier as the minor or lower the chosen will be able to relate to each other and it will be positive.

If the core vulnerability is broken and it passes the minor vulnerability then the chosen won't be able to understand each other and it will be negative. And depending on the difference between the two the chosen with core may even break the other chosen's vulnerability in spite of them not suffering like they do which gives a delicious amount of EE usually.
Ie. If you keep breaking Pain's confidence vulnerability and get her to t3 and you continue to do nothing to Vassal's confidence vulnerabilities then you will be in a interesting event, lets just say one character will have a hard time sitting down in most versions of that event :)

The last paragraph usually can give you a good sign or not it and a underlined part in it as well iirc!

So with all that said to explain what happened literally-

-You broke Pain's t1 confidence first and since Vassal had no confidence vulnerabilities broken they turned into rivals

-But when you broke Vassal's t1 morality after this battle and after Pain already had her t1 morality broken they turned into uncertain friends as a result.

-You broke Eidolon's t2 dignity and Pain already had her t2 as well broken so they still remained friends

So depending on how you planned on breaking those two vulnerabilities will determine their relationship. If you want them as enemies I would break Vassal's t2 morality first before breaking Pain's t2 morality.

Or I would continue breaking Pain's confidence vulnerabilities as before just make sure hers' is at least one step ahead of Vassal's confidence vulnerabilities which should be easy to since you haven't broken any of Vassals' yet.

With Pain and Eidolon just make sure to break Eidolon's dignity before breaking Pain's dignity vulnerabilities anymore, basically the same advice I brought up with Pain and Vassal

I hope I explained everything lmk if you have more questions about this! :D
And I will separate this and the reply to your other question with another post since I understand this is already alot of to read hahaha
This is a great breakdown of how relationships work in this game. Far better than anything I could have mocked up, and very helpful! I'm not who requested it but I came out with more knowledge than before. 5/5

• Red Heart

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
You have ~5 rounds with 4 or 5 actions to choose from, then another savior pops up. 2 more rounds, then another arrives. holding it out about 4 more rounds is easy, but if you play it well you might extend it to 20 rounds or beyond.

4^5 + 16^2 + 64^4, that's already 16,778,496 options to choose from. Saviors behavior is erratic, making it hard to predict what the exact outcome will be.

Maybe you can break all saviors in round 8, or you might just die trying to find the solution.

Reactions: tpk and Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Pain does have Minor vulnerability in Dignity. That should have worsened Pain´s relation with Eidolon (Broken Dignity Core) if I´m not mistaken.
However, now that you mention it, I saw some of those events in a friendly manner, so that´s what is probably happening (Rivalry turned into uncertain friendship and the solid friendship stayed the same) . Is there a way to change the outcome of these events or is it full rng? Finally, you say you chose to have them have unbreakable bonds instead of being fully broken... is there a reason to decide whether you want them to hate each other or be friends? (I decided to make them rivals to get extra turns on Chosen arrivals and I read you get extra damage later on when you simoultaneously surround two chosen).

Thanks a lot!
So the about the extra damage you correct you get extra damage when you simultaneously surround a chosen if you surround them and do a broadcast with one and also do a broadcast with another you will get flat relationship multiplier to all damage for both characters based on a few factors one of which is the relationship between them, friendly relationships is a decent multiplier iirc but rivalry relationships are better yea! :D

There's also another benefit to having rivalries/enemies and that's with the antipathy upgrade. That ability means for every rivalry a chosen has their resolve is cut by 10 I believe so one rivalry between chosen will make it so the final battle they will start with 90 resolve from the very beginning. Bitter enemies however is cut by 40. So getting that along with making all three chosen at bitter enemies status with each other is they will start the battle at fucking 20 resolve. you can sneeze on them and they will give up haha

So enemies are good for alot of reasons! :D

And now to answer your second question about my reasoning to have unbreakable bonds rather than rivals/bitter enemies and my answer is that it started off like a fun challenge to do in a run and ended up saving my ass actually hahahaha

I like doing runs with different objectives sometimes like going for an All-break run or making them all bitter enemies or seeing if I can them all tempted in a run, which is fun to experiment and change my strategies and help me get better at the game overall. Even in campaign mode I was aiming to get as far as I can but I thought that it would be good have some different objectives between loops so the chosen I corrupted would be more varied and I use them in different stages of a loop. ie- getting a chosen's dignity completely broken when I corrupted them to a get a low cost forsaken I can use in the early days of a loop.

And basically one loop I ended up in a bad way and some chosen weren't corrupted like I needed them to. With not a lot of options left I picked up empathy which makes a chosen hesitates before killing another chosen if they have an unbreakable bond with each other and that ability basically saved that loop since It was that hesitation they both did when the other was surrounded that allowed me to tempt one and corrupt the other, the other chosen was corrupted earlier so really was a sort of non-issue.

But yea that situation saved my ass haha. And another time with a superior chosen in the mix, That final battle I tempted her before, had one normal chosen tempted as well, and one normal chosen I left mostly pure so I could mess around with her in the final batlle with a late game commander and she got the business to put it lightly. . . I started the battle on her and used Attack + to reduce resolve as much I could before the others arrived

Eventually it shook out to one chosen defeated and out of the picture, the superior chosen who could I surround and tempt-defeat her at any time and the mostly pure chosen who's resolve about half and would take a long ass time to get her
And I was able to surround the pure chosen for close to 10 rounds
But since she wasn't rivals with the superior chosen the superior chosen would just refuse to kill her. So I just raised her trauma as much as I could and right when the pure chosen was about to escape I surrounded the superior chosen for close to 20 turns the pure chosen ALSO refused to kill the superior chosen since she wasn't t4 corrupted and not rivals.

So I spammed attack until she gave up and once she was done I had like 5 surround turns left with the superior chosen and I just tempted her and won with all three corrupted so that was a excellent scenario where having the chosen not hate each other works in your favor! :D That's one strategy I will keep in mind in the future that's for sure.

There's a lot of different strategies that depend on what your goal is for that loop or run so you never know how some situations can play out completely differently depending on just one aspect like the chosen relationships.

Danieri

Apr 28, 2017
No worries I'm glad to help!! :D

And I mostly wanted to know who had a minor in Dignity so I could confirm if it was Vassal's minor or not. In which case confidence is her minor and now I know why things went the way it did.

Pain had her t2 dignity broken first before Eidolon's so that's why they are still friends.
What happened between Pain and Vassal a little it more complicated. . .

I can definitely understand the confusion though since the Vassal and Pain were already rivals and you already were on track to get them to hate each other. The problem is that Vassal has two Core's and so that meant she might be going to be connected to one chosen twice, in this case it's Pain.

Since Pain has a minor in Morality I'm guessing since she's the Red personality for your run, That means breaking Vassal's core morality would mean relationship events between those two

but Vassal ALSO has a minor vulnerability in confidence and since that is Pain's core vulnerability that means relationship events based on those as well.

This where my earlier reply comes into play since now you have potentially twice as many relationship events between two chosen and depending if most of them are negative or positive will determine if they will be rivals or friends in the end.

And what determines if the relationship positive or negative depends on two things, the number of positive and negative relationship events that happened before and one more thing if in case I didn't explain before but how broken the minor vulnerabilities before a core vulnerability is broken.

Beside being the damage they start off weakest to, a minor vulnerability can also determine if a relationship event will be positive or negative based on what stage of their of minor vulnerability they are on.

If the core vulnerability is broken and its on the same tier as the minor or lower the chosen will be able to relate to each other and it will be positive.

If the core vulnerability is broken and it passes the minor vulnerability then the chosen won't be able to understand each other and it will be negative. And depending on the difference between the two the chosen with core may even break the other chosen's vulnerability in spite of them not suffering like they do which gives a delicious amount of EE usually.
Ie. If you keep breaking Pain's confidence vulnerability and get her to t3 and you continue to do nothing to Vassal's confidence vulnerabilities then you will be in a interesting event, lets just say one character will have a hard time sitting down in most versions of that event :)

The last paragraph usually can give you a good sign or not it and a underlined part in it as well iirc!

So with all that said to explain what happened literally-

-You broke Pain's t1 confidence first and since Vassal had no confidence vulnerabilities broken they turned into rivals

-But when you broke Vassal's t1 morality after this battle and after Pain already had her t1 morality broken they turned into uncertain friends as a result.

-You broke Eidolon's t2 dignity and Pain already had her t2 as well broken so they still remained friends

So depending on how you planned on breaking those two vulnerabilities will determine their relationship. If you want them as enemies I would break Vassal's t2 morality first before breaking Pain's t2 morality.

Or I would continue breaking Pain's confidence vulnerabilities as before just make sure hers' is at least one step ahead of Vassal's confidence vulnerabilities which should be easy to since you haven't broken any of Vassals' yet.

With Pain and Eidolon just make sure to break Eidolon's dignity before breaking Pain's dignity vulnerabilities anymore, basically the same advice I brought up with Pain and Vassal

I hope I explained everything lmk if you have more questions about this! :D
And I will separate this and the reply to your other question with another post since I understand this is already alot of to read hahaha
Thanks a lot for your extensive and DETAILED answer! You literally cleared all my doubts about how the Chosen relationships work (Specially how to promote rivalry by breaking Cores vulnerabilities of higher tier than the Minor one of the other Chosen)

I think I now understand how I should procceed. I will try a new game first to see if I understood everything correctly (and try to trigger "rival" events) but I am confident I can procceed from here :)

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Thanks a lot for your extensive and DETAILED answer! You literally cleared all my doubts about how the Chosen relationships work (Specially how to promote rivalry by breaking Cores vulnerabilities of higher tier than the Minor one of the other Chosen)

I think I now understand how I should procceed. I will try a new game first to see if I understood everything correctly (and try to trigger "rival" events) but I am confident I can procceed from here :)
Yayyy I'm glad to help! And I definitely understand just choosing a new run and seeing the nuances yourself and I'm curious what sort of strategies come from your experiences, it's going to be a fun time coming back to that original save and giving them the business.
I wish you luck on both of those runs! :D

Reactions: BerglorMan94

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
i am waiting for you guys to make something out of that save XD, still can't figure stuff out (30 days in - still cant get to 1000 INJU - best was 800)

• Red Heart

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Thanx guys, i got at least some new info out of it though things are still quite confusing. And i do appreciate your long answers - those are good.

Just to try my understanding current trio i am working on is
Reaper FEAR/HATE 0/4 DISG/PLEA 3/1 PAIN/INJU 4/0 SHAM/EXPO 2/2 Dual Core Fore INJU and PLEA
Mirage FEAR/HATE 2/2 DISG/PLEA 0/4 PAIN/INJU 2/5 SHAM/EXPO 4/0 EXPO core
Freedom FEAR/HATE 4/0 DISG/PLEA 2/2 PAIN/INJU 2/2 SHAM/EXPO 0/4 HATE Core

My main target is Reaper So i am trying to work around it. Early upgrades that i am getting are all of those that extend battle for now.
Trying to form strategy. so far i was going in for quick hit on Reaper (she have round 7/8 support so there is time to play) and try to go pain=>surround=>grind in 3 turn and then try to go past 100 on all other traumas inb4 catching freedom for quick expo break which usually let me surround Reper for 2nd time. but thats about it. results of that combo are not that high. Commanders are still not in the picture due to me rushing all things that extend battle up to nurseries and collaborators. Points income is still 3 per turn. So if you be so kind give me some practical examples to work with for this team, maybe i will understand some stuff better by application
Sorry for being so late with the reply I just woke up after getting home for work I put some time in the save you gave and managed to do two paths that led to Reaper's confidence break! I will post my general strategy along with my goals that led me to this conclusion and I went back and replicated some things for some screenshots as visual aid :D

My first attempt I did before I went to work didn't go so well, I did about 5 days or so and no progress and so I cut my losses and reverted to your latest save :(
I tried to do the general strategies I outlined before, mostly the ones focusing on Reaper first and didn't get too much done.
With confidence AND innocence as her core its hard to get something going on her even if her Hate hits 100 in turn. I understood before that Reaper was going to be a bitch to break vulnerabilities for but it was worse than I thought lmao.

Second attempt I made after I got home I chose to loosen up Mirage before I aimed for Reaper, trying to break some of her T1 for some easy EE and also building some Angst up in her. The first day couldn't do too much with since no EE for a commander and second day was upgrades for commander turns and charges, I kept one EE for a normal commander though just to see what would work on Mirage. In terms of upgrade I focused on getting perception for another turn and for the next day I would get patience to begin the process of unlocking Persistence for a second capture charge which is really helpful for these kinds of scenarios. My initial assumption about Mirage was right, she's the weakest out of the three with her confidence already so broken and her other weakness being so susceptible. I began the day with a commander that had one additional turn. I started her off with ambush and went for pummel=>caress so to build some decent trauma and more importantly angst. I forgot screenshot of some of these things at first though so I had to scroll back up to take a few of those haha.
Screenshot (160).png

Since the ambush ended with her with her other trauma with over 100 I just used threaten to get her FEAR on the same page.
Screenshot (161).png

Next, Reaper arrived as planned and from that first failed run I know she can reach 100 pain with one attack so I did that to get a easy surround turn for her ready.
Screenshot (162).png
But since my aim was Mirage for today I just used her surround turn as fodder to get Mirage's FEAR active on her.

Screenshot (163).png

When I surronded Mirage this time I started with HATE first to bring the multiplier up for her across the board and to get things
spicy :D
I then raised her INJU up since that is her weakest and also this combined with the grinding already being done to her would give me enough time to work on getting Freedom ready for contribution :).
Screenshot (164).png
Screenshot (165).png
In the first failed run I also learned Freedom can be one turned with her FEAR so using that time while Mirage was surronded I loosened Freedom up so I could surround just before Mirage's surround turns were over. That way as soon as Mirage escaped I could surround her before she would think about regenerating. Basically what I did with Reaper the previous turns and used her as surround fodder.
Screenshot (166).png
Screenshot (167).png
So by the end of the battle I have one final surround for Mirage and with her circumstance being good and spicy she's going to not like it very much. By the end she had some decent trauma which meant combined with her already broken vulnerabilties before the run she would start giving out 2EE after the first wave of this trauma is added to her angst.
Screenshot (168).png
Screenshot (169).png
So with that strategy working so well I thought how well would things work out if I added one more duration to that initial ambush so I can stack Hate onto Mirage along with the INJU and PLEA from the last time I did this? I could go with this route or I could instead repeat what I did the previous day and use the 2EE to get persistence for the extra capture charge. I weighed the pros and cons and came to the conclusion that If things went well and I ended up breaking one of her t1 vulnerabilities, the EE I would get from that break would justify the extra EE I spent on the extra turn commander. Not only earning one more EE since breaking a t1 gives 2-3 depending if it's a core or not, but also the trauma and broken vulnerabilities and the trauma I would put on her for that day would mean she would be even more likely to do more sinful downtime actions and give even more EE. And frankly If chose to buy "Persistence" today then I couldn't even use it tomorrow. So I took a chance! :D

And by that I mean I save scummed because I'm save scum traaaaasshhhhh. And I am more than happy to revel in that lmao

Anyways I began the day with a commander that had one additional turn. I started her off with ambush and went for pummel=>caress=>grind and he difference was extremely noticeable, not only from the extra turn to grind on her to get her HATE to level 1 but that jump in angst has her base damage poppin as the kids say and by the end of that alone she was immediately available for a second surround. I repeated this battle and saw if I could get betttr results and this was one of the second branch the main was continuing the strategy like before mostly.

Either way by the end I was met with this neat little treat and I felt like I could try another attempt at breaking Reaper's confidence. :) Screenshot (170).png

I'm a bit tired now so I will try summarize the rest If you'd like to hear more in-depth explanations on those I wouldn't mind doing so tomorrow! :D

By day 19 Basically I did best but only managed to break her innocence with a normal commander that had 5 turns and one more capture charge I believe. I used the strategy I made for you as a base, the one where I said to target reaper with a commander and use a second commander charge on someone like Freedom and try to use the EXPO and juggling between the two to build up your ultimate goal of Reaper's confidence breaks.

So I decided to revert to your back-up of back-ups on day 11 since I accidentally saved your first day 11 save haha.

And this approach I was going to focus on not only Mirage but also breaking some of Freedom's vulnerabilities to get the perfect scenario of breaking of Reaper's confidence.

And this approach I did break Reaper's confidence! . . . inadverdantly hahaha
And a full two days before I gave up the second time.
You see in the process of breaking some of Freedom's vulnerabilities to make her an easier partner for when I target Reaper I was using Reaper as a partner and I ended with a really good battle that got me not only Freedom's Morality t1 broken but also broke the +2 of Reaper's Confidence and Innocence ALSO broken! So a Happy accident and I'm far more satisfied with this save since in those 6 days then the second run.
I might go back and redo the previous day to take screenshots of the battle itself of my process but I would have to do that tomorrow since I basically didn't draw anything for the portrait set today and I need to nap before work but yea! Here's some screenshots of the current situation along with the save! I reloaded some of them to get screenshots so they may not be in order anymore but I hope they help you with coming with some strategies and if you want to continue where I left off I understand also!
Screenshot (174).png

Screenshot (175).png

Screenshot (176).png

Screenshot (177).png
And some general things I learned about this team of chosen based on the save in the current situation:

-Reaper can be one turn surrounded with Pain but not much else, slime will take two turns

-Freedom can be one turn surrounded with Fear

-Mirage despite being weak circumstance-wise is a bit difficult to surround without any help, her one turn is taunt and that can't be active without something else already active. She cannot be one turn surrounded :(

-If you are using a second capture charge commander and start the battle with Reaper then I would try using that second charge on Mirage sometimes when she arrives instead of Freedom. even though Freedom arrives before Mirage since you can one turn surround Freedom and can't do so to Mirage unless she has some more vulnerabilities broken. Either try to get damage on her one turn earlier than you would Freedom.

-Mirage is the best target to start the battle if you want to make a low cost commander and you just want some damage on her.

-Freedom is the best target to start the battle with if you have a commander with a second charge and since you can raise her EXPO really easy, thus making whoever you target with the second charge of your commander even more succeptible to damage.

Those are some of the things I learned so far, the others should have some other tips that will be helpful for you as well

I hope this helps! :D

Last edited:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Sorry for being so late with the reply I just woke up after getting home for work I put some time in the save you gave and managed to do two paths that led to Reaper's confidence break! I will post my general strategy along with my goals that led me to this conclusion and I went back and replicated some things for some screenshots as visual aid :D

My first attempt I did before I went to work didn't go so well, I did about 5 days or so and no progress and so I cut my losses and reverted to your latest save :(
I tried to do the general strategies I outlined before, mostly the ones focusing on Reaper first and didn't get too much done.
With confidence AND innocence as her core its hard to get something going on her even if her Hate hits 100 in turn. I understood before that Reaper was going to be a bitch to break vulnerabilities for but it was worse than I thought lmao.

Second attempt I made after I got home I chose to loosen up Mirage before I aimed for Reaper, trying to break some of her T1 for some easy EE and also building some Angst up in her. The first day couldn't do too much with since no EE for a commander and second day was upgrades for commander turns and charges, I kept one EE for a normal commander though just to see what would work on Mirage. In terms of upgrade I focused on getting perception for another turn and patience to begin the process of unlocking Persistence for a second capture charge which is really helpful for these kinds of scenarios. My initial assumption about Mirage was right, she's the weakest out of the three with her confidence already so broken and her other weakness being so susceptible. I began the day with a commander that had one additional turn. I started her off with ambush and went for pummel=>caress so to build some decent trauma and more importantly angst. I forgot screenshot of some of these things at first though so I had to scroll back up to take a few of those haha.
View attachment 1481765

Since the ambush ended with her with her other trauma with over 100 I just used threaten to get her FEAR on the same page.
View attachment 1481769

Next, Reaper arrived as planned and from that first failed run I know she can reach 100 pain with one attack so I did that to get a easy surround turn for her ready.
View attachment 1481770
But since my aim was Mirage for today I just used her surround turn as fodder to get Mirage's FEAR active on her.

View attachment 1481771

When I surronded Mirage this time I started with HATE first to bring the multiplier up for her across the board and to get things
spicy :D
I then raised her INJU up since that is her weakest and also this combined with the grinding already being done to her would give me enough time to work on getting Freedom ready for contribution :).
View attachment 1481773
View attachment 1481775
In the first failed run I also learned Freedom can be one turned with her FEAR so using that time while Mirage was surronded I loosened Freedom up so I could surround just before Mirage's surround turns were over. That way as soon as Mirage escaped I could surround her before she would think about regenerating. Basically what I did with Reaper the previous turns and used her as surround fodder.
View attachment 1481777
View attachment 1481778
So by the end of the battle I have one final surround for Mirage and with her circumstance being good and spicy she's going to not like it very much. By the end she had some decent trauma which meant combined with her already broken vulnerabilties before the run she would start giving out 2EE after the first wave of this trauma is added to her angst.
View attachment 1481780
View attachment 1481781
So with that strategy working so well I thought how well would things work out if I added one more duration to that initial ambush so I can stack Hate onto Mirage along with the INJU and PLEA from the last time I did this? I could go with this route or I could instead repeat what I did the previous day and use the 2EE to get persistence for the extra capture charge. I weighed the pros and cons and came to the conclusion that If things went well and I ended up breaking one of her t1 vulnerabilities, the EE I would get from that break would justify the extra EE I spent on the extra turn commander. Not only earning one more EE since breaking a t1 gives 2-3 depending if it's a core or not, but also the trauma and broken vulnerabilities and the trauma I would put on her for that day would mean she would be even more likely to do more sinful downtime actions and give even more EE. And frankly I chose to buy "Persistence" today then I couldn't even use it tomorrow. So I took a chance! :D

And by that I mean I save scummed because I'm save scum traaaaasshhhhh. And I am more than happy to revel in that lmao

Anyways I began the day with a commander that had one additional turn. I started her off with ambush and went for pummel=>caress=>grind and he difference was extremely noticeable, not only from the extra turn to grind on her to get her HATE to level 1 but that jump in angst has her base damage poppin as the kids say and by the end of that alone she was immediately available for a second surround. I repeated this battle and saw if I could get betttr results and this was one of the second branch the main was continuing the strategy like before mostly.

Either way by the end I was met with this neat little treat and I felt like I could try another attempt at breaking Reaper's confidence. :) View attachment 1481670

I'm a bit tired now so I will try summarize the rest If you'd like to hear more in-depth explanations on those I wouldn't mind doing so tomorrow! :D

By day 19 Basically I did best but only managed to break her innocence with a normal commander that had 5 turns and one more capture charge I believe. I used the strategy I made for you as a base, the one where I said to target reaper with a commander and use a second commander charge on someone like Freedom and try to use the EXPO and juggling between the two to build up your ultimate goal of Reaper's confidence breaks.

So I decided to revert to your back-up of back-ups on day 11 since I accidentally saved your first day 11 save haha.

And this approach I was going to focus on not only Mirage but also breaking some of Freedom's vulnerabilities to get the perfect scenario of breaking of Reaper's confidence.

And this approach I did break Reaper's confidence! . . . inadverdantly hahaha
And a full two days before I gave up the second time.
You see in the process of breaking some of Freedom's vulnerabilities to make her an easier partner for when I target Reaper I was using Reaper as a partner and I ended with a really good battle that got me not only Freedom's Morality t1 broken but also broke the +2 of Reaper's Confidence and Innocence ALSO broken! So a Happy accident and I'm far more satisfied with this save since in those 6 days then the second run.
I might go back and redo the previous day to take screenshots of the battle itself of my process but I would have to do that tomorrow since I basically didn't draw anything for the portrait set today and I need to nap before work but yea! Here's some screenshots of the current situation along with the save! I reloaded some of them to get screenshots so they may not be in order anymore but I hope they help you with coming with some strategies and if you want to continue where I left off I understand also!
View attachment 1481745

View attachment 1481746

View attachment 1481747

View attachment 1481748
And some general things I learned about this team of chosen based on the save in the current situation:

-Reaper can be one turn surrounded with Pain but not much else, slime will take two turns

-Freedom can be one turn surrounded with Fear

-Mirage despite being weak circumstance-wise is a bit difficult to surround without any help, her one turn is taunt and that can't be active without something else already active. She cannot be one turn surrounded :(

-If you are using a second capture charge commander and start the battle with Reaper then I would try using that second charge on Mirage sometimes when she arrives instead of Freedom. even though Freedom arrives before Mirage since you can one turn surround Freedom and can't do so to Mirage unless she has some more vulnerabilities broken. Either try to get damage on her one turn earlier than you would Freedom.

-Mirage is the best target to start the battle if you want to make a low cost commander and you just want some damage on her.

-Freedom is the best target to start the battle with if you have a commander with a second charge and since you can raise her EXPO really easy, thus making whoever you target with the second charge of your commander even more succeptible to damage.

Those are some of the things I learned so far, the others should have some other tips that will be helpful for you as well

I hope this helps! :D
Reuploaded some of the screenshots since it appears some didn't load correctly haha

Reactions: Ragsmu

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
thanks a lot, will go and try to figure things out, since there is a lot of info to go through XD
Yayy! well you were fine with long explanations so I went all out! XD at least before I got tired hahaha, hope it makes sense tho it would be fantastic to hear you go wreck that squad especially after Reaper confidence cockblocker up to day 30 and with how she core's are set up I absolutely can get that

Reactions: BerglorMan94

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Yayy! well you were fine with long explanations so I went all out! XD at least before I got tired hahaha, hope it makes sense tho it would be fantastic to hear you go wreck that squad especially after Reaper confidence cockblocker up to day 30 and with how she core's are set up I absolutely can get that
fist hurdle for me is already at the point where you have apparently 5 points to spend on second day which means that you probably broke something on mirage - so i need to replicate that somehow XD but i will figure it out (probably).

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
fist hurdle for me is already at the point where you have apparently 5 points to spend on second day which means that you probably broke something on mirage - so i need to replicate that somehow XD but i will figure it out (probably).
Oh It looks like I made an error, in the beginning I meant to say I bought perception while thinking getting patience to make way for getting persistence.

So I only had 3EE to work with not 5EE, the 2EE I used for perception and 1EE was used for the basic commander, I'm sorry for the confusion XD

I don't even know if I could break something on that day without a commander tbh

I will edit my post to be more concise about that, along with fixing some spelling/grammar things after my nap XD

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
ok, starting to try the save given by Ragsmu. will edit later

day 10-16: buy patience, perception, cunning, persistence, intelligence.

day 17: did basically the thing I said (just with 4 turns, as I don't have enough moneh) reaper got to level 2 plea.

day 18: repeated the thing but after the first reaper capture went for inju and mirage in level 1 expo with a 2 turn capture, got level 2 on inju.

as a comment: i know this is about reaper, but we need the money, tried some things to focus on reaper, but getting more EE is better in the long run

day 19: went against mirage (commander ambush 4 turns, 2 captures) pummel, grind, caress, humiliate. reaper appears, capture reaper, humilate, back to mirage, grind, humiliate, do not caress and pummel. honestly,I think I fucked up here, as I used the second capture on reaper earlier so idk how you are going to use that one. again, make sure to keep 1 capture before mirage ends, capture her again humiliate, grind. mirage is level 2 expo and got 5 points constatly (sort of).

went to eat something brb :p

day 20: freedom's turn (commander ambush 5 turns 2 captures) pummel, caress, grind, humiliate. you know the deal: reaper appears, capture her, expo on her, back on freedom. freedom grind, pummel, caress, do not humiliate. when freedom is about to finish capture someone (if i'm not wrong you could capture reaper right here), and go grind, pummel, caress, do not humiliate. you should have freedom over level 2 and maybe even with the next tier broken, and you could end with 26. sadly freedom and reaper are friends now (if they are enemies it would give you more points, but don't worry, we'll fix that).

I must say, this 'guide' (honestly I'm pretty bad at explaining) will try to absolutely destroy all vulnerabilities eventually.

day 21-22: just stacking EE.

day 23: went after reaper (commander ambush 6 turns 2 captures) go grind pummel caress humiliate. you know the deal, just remember that freedom is humiliate first then pummel. back with reaper now repeat the first combo. capture another chosen and then repeat on reaper. now she has plea tier 2 broken and significant expo tier 2. she is friends with mirage (again, we will fix that later).

day 24: just wait day.

day 25: now you exactly have for a commander with 6 turns and 3 captures. I will leave this part here because when you get the uses of the commander, things can get pretty crazy.

this nonsense guide will continue in another comment!...
before I start with the next part allow me to explain the difference between both sections of the game, let's say that part is the early game and the next part is the mid-game. I will also leave your save (with my playthrough) so you can try if you want

in the early game (especially in the first 10 days) have to focus is gathering trauma, It is a low number but the extra damage does make the difference. there are multiple ways to get to level 2 on each core using a normal commander (I don't like the special commanders, so idk about them) the patron you see I used is actually pretty flexible but it will not always work (it almost doesn't work on reaper for instance), sometimes the one that you break is the second one to appear, sometimes is better to use the commander on the last chosen to appear. but something you must know, if you use a commander you have to make sure you get some money back (at least the +2 EE or +4 damage from trauma)

and then there is the mid-game where the way you can approach is really whatever you want to do, there are ways more effective than others, sure, but when you have more than 2 uses of a commander and the chosen are a bit weaker it makes it so you can try more things while getting something done. (btw, when you break a vulnerability the chosen becomes weaker on both trauma and circumstance).

if you are going to try something with this save, try to break tier 2 on a chosen with a 6 turn 3 captures commander.

I will do the rest tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
Sorry I was trying to reply during my lunch breaks but mobile was being garbo so I waited until I got home haha.
I tried out your save Dargondo and managed to break most of the team with Whisper going into a her t3 disgrace state next battle. Reaper is in solid friendship with both Whisper and Faith, meanwhile Faith and Whisper are rivals.

Its only day 33 so it should be enough time for you to experiment and prepare for the final battle but since you're still learning I would honestly follow along BerglorMan94's play by play of the days to learn and understand some of the fundamentals. Their method not only is a good general way of the early game of a run (days 1-15) but also the explanations and reasoning are well explained so excellent job Berglorman! You said I was more qualified but I think you're far better at giving proper directions and also explaining them properly :D The only two things I will add for Dargondo is that another good strategy of using one of the other chosen as "surround fodder" which basically means surronding one chosen and not actually spending the turn choosing a circumstance damage, instead using that 1 turn to surround the chosen you actually would like to work on. Its really effective once you can inflict 100 trauma damage to a chosen in one turn, and even more so once you get networked consciouscness!

And the second thing is to commend you for making multiple save steps, its a good habit when it comes to this game and especially when you're about to use alot of EE on a gamble. There are times when I reload a save 5-6 times trying different things out and I wouldn't be half as decent as I am if I didn't. So keep up that spirit of winging it at times and It will pay off with all the experimentation :D

I took screenshots at the end of each day to make a guide on how I did things but I really need to finish drawing for the portrait set for this game's next update so I might do so Friday if you're interested in specifics of what I did

To summarize though:

Day 26: I broke most of Whisper's tier 1 vulnerabilities with the focus getting tier 1 EXPO broken, this caused Whisper's relationship with Faith to worsen, giving me another chunk of EE by the end of the day I have 20 EE which I used to buy Networked Consciousness

View attachment 1471892 View attachment 1471891

Day 27: I chose this day as a buffer day since I spent on my EE on Networked Consciousness and had none to make a commander

Day 28: My target for this time was Reaper, choosing to start with her first I did the other strategy I mentioned earlier for Reaper switching out the INJU as the first move for HATE instead. Ultimately I couldn't get her to the sodomize tier 2 break and realizing it wouldn't be possible I went for force orgasm instead so she would more likely to commit more sinful downtime and guarantee me more EE, I think it was either this day or the day after she started giving +5? Also since Reaper had her t1 confidence broken she became friends with Whisper, which means they will appear sooner for each other and was to be expected since whisper had her t2 confidence already broken in the beginning of the run. But I actually prefer this scenario since once you break Reaper's confidence past Whisper's and the buffer event, the fallout gives even more EE since they go from friends to enemies and sustains me :D View attachment 1471894 View attachment 1471895

Afterwards I chose to round out my upgrades with picking up Nursery Hives for some more Extermination Time and Genius and Persistence to pick not only for not only even more turns but also a second capture. . . View attachment 1471903

Day 29: I focused on Reaper once again, using the second capture on Whisper since she shows up earlier now and instantly chose humiliate since NC is active now. By the end I was able to get her sodomized and now she even more buddy-buddy with Whisper!

. . . For now. . .

Anyways time for the next target which was Faith since my aim was to get the save to End-game potential for winning with full corruption. So the best way to do that is to go for an All-break, breaking all 3 chosen's vulnerabilities and getting all to bitter enemies status.

Day 30: Since I didn't have enough EE as I would like, this was another buffer day I did take a screenshot of the end of the day to show the progression of Angst at this point

View attachment 1471930

Day 31:
That bitch Faith was sitting all pure when the other chosen were having a bad time so it was her turn in the Dargondo's revengence saga and I was not going to be lenient. I targeted her first with max commander which was 5 turns and two captures iirc and then I focused on pummel then activated caress, then grind, and finally humiliate to make some saucy revenge. Since Faith and Whisper were now the real housewives and all dramatic and shit, Reaper showed up second and I used my second capture on her and with networked consciousness active I was instantly able to use humiliate on her, making so that even though it was Faith's last turn in her surround, she would still have the EXPO multiplier apply to her for that turn. Once she was free, Whisper showed up as well iirc but it may have been the turn after? Anyways I resurronded Faith since Reaper was still caught and the Fear was active for her again. From there it was me juggling the two and doing what I call "hotboxing" where basically you make sure two chosen who are being surrounded at once are being humiliated on top of the other circumstance damage so their multipliers will keep raising as a result of the other.

Long story short, they were properly sautéed and ready to serve :D

Day 32
With the stars aligned and ready I thought of the best way to get one of the chosen to t3 since my objective was for an All-break and the quicker I get them to their first t3 break the easier it is to get things cooking.
So my objective for this day was to get an orgy surround, usually 2-4 turns of that will get most chosen to their first t3 states and probably more depending on how you go about it. I only savescummed once or twice but I got an orgy towards the end of the encounter although it was only one turn, the damage was quite the chef's kiss

and poor babby Whisper was the only one before the extermantion was over so she was still able to be surrounded.

She was broadcasted for about 11 turns if memory shows and while the chosen were doing their best to recover.

And I had nothing to do so I was just vibing as the kids say.

By the end of the day she had reached over 100 million shame and so she's ready to be strippy! Which means once she does, she's going to have another altercation with faith, giving some free EE

Anyways I did my best and I was quite fun getting vengeance for you. I'll put the save here so if you'd like to continue you should be able to get back into the midst of things. Especially after following along Berglorman's guide.

To echo his words once again, the difficulty curve for this game has gotten higher after the balance/tempt update but I really agree it was for the better and I love the game as well. Its the perfect blend of everything I look for in a game, to the point I'm acutallly drawing stuff for it which I never really done before tbh haha

I hope you continue to learn and begin to come up with your own combos!
tpk's advice is also really helpful I will say as well, especially concerning the endgame. I think one of the beauties of the game is as you get better you can aim for specifics and basically make it as difficult or as easy as you desire and I think that's a sign this game was really well thought of and refined.

Overall I understand If you feel like its too much for you but once you learn more and get more comfortable with the game you will have an easier time and more so a fun time

If you use the save I hope you enjoy your comeback! :D
ty brother tks to u and
BerglorMan94

i won my first campaing

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Well, the simplest way in my mind is to keep a bool along the lines of "has_been_tempted", and as long as it's true then the chosen can be tempted no matter what. Once they've accepted sex once after all it doesn't make quite as much sense that just getting fucked in a different hole makes them never consider it again.

Alternatively, since the difficulty of Tempting a fresh chosen is already quite high, you could change it such that breaking a vulnerability doesn't prevent you from tempting a chosen and instead only increases the threshhold by some large multiplier. That would mean that it would be possible, if still not advised, to break those vulnerabilities on an already tempted chosen, while an untempted chosen having a "bad" vulnerability broken would wind up being almost impossible to tempt until very very late anyway, once you're doing trillions of circumstance damage regardless.

In any case, I'm just waiting warmly for the chance to have a magical girl deflower themselves, or better, eagerly join in on corrupting her teammate into a slut in a way that doesn't involve breaking into their house with a dildo.
From a flavor perspective, being able to Tempt one of the Chosen represents there being some degree of trust there, and I think it's important to be able to break that trust. From a game balance perspective, hitting pretty much arbitrary levels of circumstance damage is practically trivial by the endgame, and I don't want it to ever be trivial to achieve a Distortion. It's probably a bit too hard right now, but it should still always be at least a little bit tricky.
to be honest, some points that you mention in the answers to my feedback didn't occur to me.

but yeah, I see the point that it would need more patches before we could say anything in the balance/achievements, I didn't think of that with the days and training forsaken (I mean, I did it anyway, but didn't really account for it in my gameplan).

and there are really going to be demon chosen? I would imagine that it would be a distortion (alternate path) that would make them a demon.

btw found a bug (it exists, but shouldn't be possible in normal plays anyway): if you end the battle earlier before the first intermission (day 10) the game gets stuck (not crashing) and it does not allow you to click any button.
In this setting, Demons and Devils are two very different things. The short version is that Angels exist to guide the righteous, while Devils exist to punish the wicked. They hate each other's guts, but they both recognize that the Demons (who exist to guide the wicked and punish the righteous) are their mutual enemy.

That said, there is a Distortion planned where you can turn one of the Chosen into a partial Demon. I suppose that means you could have a Devil Demon Chosen...
Here is the save file.
I took a look, but my IDE kicked out an error and refused to parse it as a save file. I'm not sure if the file got corrupted or what, but I'm afraid it's beyond my abilities to fix. Sorry.
btw does anybody know how the increase works for superior forsaken?

I got 'purity' tempted so she has an extra 50% PLEA/EXPO, does that get added (to a total of 100%) or multiplied (225% total)?

just so you know: superior forsaken get an extra 50% extra damage and tempted forsaken also get a 50% but only to EXPO and PLEA
They are indeed multiplied, so a Superior Tempted Forsaken deals 225% PLEA/EXPO and 150% everything else.
Sure! :D

This is one of the characters, I designed her as the normal "blue" personality that you encounter in the game usually, the pure ones. I just finished designing a variation of her as well! And the way I chose to design the portraits was to make it easy to change hair styles and outfits since people would most definitely have descriptions that might not line with the characters I designed

This is her base form, civillian outfit and forsaken outfit
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And this is her superior form along with superior forsaken design!

Oh and a quick look at red also if you want!
I'm not a A-tier artist but I hope you and everyone else like the designs :D Ty for taking a look and asking about it!
They're really cute, I like them a lot! It's hard to describe how nice it feels to see someone's original art in the game. They add a lot of personality. Absolutely looking forward to seeing the full sets and hosting them on the blog if you'd like.
ty! I'm glad you liked the designs, I don't know if people will use my pack very often but I hope the ones who do will like the variety :D. And if you have any idea for a design feel free to lmk I came up with around 12 or so designs already and they're 49 slots in the game for random names so... a lot of room XD
Just so you know what to expect, I'll probably be reworking how Chosen names are generated at some point, and I'll probably aim to have slightly more than the current 48 names for randomly generated ones. The current 1 extra name belongs to a "static" storyline-related Chosen who currently only appears in one scene.
Sadly i dont know how to link specific posts of others so i'll just answer like this

rizldiz3l these portraits look really nice. Not exactly what i am looking for, but i guess more so than the standard ones.

And after some trial and error i kown how to customize the choosen and also how to export them. But what i was looking, or rather hoping for, is a way to toggle that for example only named superheroines show up in my campain. Something like starfire, raven etc. as standard choosen and then wonder woman as a superior one. because even if i add their portraits now, in campaign mode everything else will still be randomized.
So in essence i would like to be able to create fully customized characters, so apperance, personality, vulnerabilities, name, moveset, clothes and portrait (-> no rng elements) that then can show up in my campaign. And in addition to this a button to then disable randomly generated choosen
Being able to put a whole bunch of customized Chosen into the campaign mode is a feature that I'm hoping to implement within the next few releases. I don't think it'll ever be possible to guarantee "only" customized Chosen, because there's always the chance that you'll survive for too many loops and start running out of customized Chosen to face. But the more custom Chosen you design before you start, the fewer generic Chosen you'll run into.
And something that just popped into my mind. dont know if this could be a cool thing or not, but here goes:
in addition to what i said in my previous post, allow us to set damage multipliers for our custom choosen. so for example wonder womans confidence cannot be broken or she doesnt take any damage from attac actions etc, but as a warrior is more prone to violence and experienced in sex. something like this would help make each choosen feel more unique and require different strategies to achieve specific breaks. with this there could be situations like your only real chance is to go for a difficult distortion because you cant just bruteforce breaks with endgame commanders.
i think capturing a choosen like this would then feel like a real achievement
I plan on including several types of Elite Chosen, each with their own set of unique mechanics sort of along these lines. Being able to completely customize the multipliers outside of those pre-defined modifier sets might take longer to be implemented, but I think that the different Elite types should be varied enough to let you find something that fits most established characters.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes