Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
CSdev

Just want to swing by and say this game is freakin awesome, thank you.

I love spreadsheet sex but this takes it to a whole new level.

Any plans of expanding on pregnancy? How about more with inflation? :devilish:

Will we be able to field more than one Forsaken at some point? I want my girls to dog pile the Chosen :devilish:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Oh, uh, I can attach it but I kept playing after that, I think slot 3 was around where it happened? I was just using a normal commander to drag out as many adaptation activations as possible, noticed a chosen went above 1000% in something and momentarily thought I had a punisher commander equipped from popping one of the other's T4 the previous day.
CSDev got back to me and said they found the bug and fixed what you’re talking about, it’ll be in the next version, I know you’re already are past that save but thank you for reporting it and uploading the save! :D

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
I'm playing R29 and I'm having a little trouble replicating this but I think I'm having an issue with Networked Consciousness again:

I have two Aversion Distortion Chosen and one generalist and I'm on the final battle. If I have both ADCs in a Defiler+ and my third Chosen starts an Orgy, both of the ADCs have their resolve broken. If I have one ADC and the generalist in a Defiler+ and I have the other ADC already surrounded before starting an Orgy, both of the ADCs have their resolve broken. BUT if I have one ADC and the generalist in a Defiler+ and I surround the other ADC and start an Orgy on the same turn then only she has her resolve broken and the other one does not.

Unrelated note: in one run I broke resolve on both the ADCs but the generalist got away. However, she pulled out a knife and killed herself. Haven't seen that before. And then I got an epilogue that I also haven't seen before... I'm guessing it only triggers if no Chosen survives and at least one dies? What struck me is that they said that all of the Chosen died... not sure if that's unintended or if you're supposed to assume they don't know about the Forsaken. Either way, I thought it was a pretty cool campaign scene and am kind of disappointed that you don't get to see it except in what seem to be pretty narrow circumstances.

Third thing: I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere but I can't find it in the guide or training guide. How (if at all) do broken vulnerabilities affect Forsaken? Does it matter what type of vulnerability they were (Minor/Significant/Core)? I could have won a few days earlier but held off to finish breaking everyone's T4s and then realized I have no idea if that matters at all.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I'm playing R29 and I'm having a little trouble replicating this but I think I'm having an issue with Networked Consciousness again:

I have two Aversion Distortion Chosen and one generalist and I'm on the final battle. If I have both ADCs in a Defiler+ and my third Chosen starts an Orgy, both of the ADCs have their resolve broken. If I have one ADC and the generalist in a Defiler+ and I have the other ADC already surrounded before starting an Orgy, both of the ADCs have their resolve broken. BUT if I have one ADC and the generalist in a Defiler+ and I surround the other ADC and start an Orgy on the same turn then only she has her resolve broken and the other one does not.

Unrelated note: in one run I broke resolve on both the ADCs but the generalist got away. However, she pulled out a knife and killed herself. Haven't seen that before. And then I got an epilogue that I also haven't seen before... I'm guessing it only triggers if no Chosen survives and at least one dies? What struck me is that they said that all of the Chosen died... not sure if that's unintended or if you're supposed to assume they don't know about the Forsaken. Either way, I thought it was a pretty cool campaign scene and am kind of disappointed that you don't get to see it except in what seem to be pretty narrow circumstances.

Third thing: I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere but I can't find it in the guide or training guide. How (if at all) do broken vulnerabilities affect Forsaken? Does it matter what type of vulnerability they were (Minor/Significant/Core)? I could have won a few days earlier but held off to finish breaking everyone's T4s and then realized I have no idea if that matters at all.
To your bug report, if you have a save of that day, could you upload it here as well? From the sound of it definitely is a bug

second thing, did that generalist have her t4 confidence broken? I’m trying to remember if I saw the scene for that but one other thing I’ll add is that if the chosen has any t4’s broken on her and she’s the only one left in the final battle (whether their teammates are dead turned into forsaken) they won’t show up again in another loop and she usually will have an grim epilogue like that, t4 morality is really dark too as well iirc since they basically get frozen by the government because they can’t die until humanity forgets them and they basically go crazy

Vulnerability breaks do affect the corruption values on your forsaken so you weren’t wasting your time :D

and the type of vulnerability does matter, minor vulnerabilities will mean it’ll be the highest corruption values, core vulnerability will give the lowest and significant will be in the middle of the road

CSDev has said the update for this month will deal with a lot of quality of life improvements, one of which is a reference sheet for forsaken as well :D

Reactions: Doctor Shark

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
second thing, did that generalist have her t4 confidence broken? I’m trying to remember if I saw the scene for that but one other thing I’ll add is that if the chosen has any t4’s broken on her and she’s the only one left in the final battle (whether their teammates are dead turned into forsaken) they won’t show up again in another loop and she usually will have an grim epilogue like that, t4 morality is really dark too as well iirc since they basically get frozen by the government because they can’t die until humanity forgets them and they basically go crazy
She did (actually had all T4s broken but Con and Mor were her cores). That makes a lot of sense story-wise. I feel like I've only ever seen them try to destroy the tower, fail, and fly off but I must not have had T4 breaks or T4 core breaks or something. Good to know.

First time attempting Tempt, why am I not able to start it now?
I can't tell from the screenshot but you can only Tempt at the start of a surround (unless you have a Tempt Forsaken) so that's my best guess why. Once she escapes if the battle isn't over and you're able to resurround, the Tempt option should be there.

Reactions: Kalloi

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I can't tell from the screenshot but you can only Tempt at the start of a surround (unless you have a Tempt Forsaken) so that's my best guess why. Once she escapes if the battle isn't over and you're able to resurround, the Tempt option should be there.
Unfortunately, no. Tried it again, this is her unsurrounded and these are the actions I have available with Networked Consciousness.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, CSDev - I'm not sure if I've asked this before, but can we get the "voice" for custom chosen to be pickable in the customization screen? It'd be nice to be certain my Homura's properly using the Kuudere-type dialogue instead of being a brash fighter type, even though their weaknesses are very close or line up perfectly (can't tell which).

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Unfortunately, no. Tried it again, this is her unsurrounded and these are the actions I have available with Networked Consciousness.
Could you upload your save? That would help alot with trying to help and either way it’ll help CSDev with the bug fixing process

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I have this two forsaken, what should I do them to make them usable ? They are best friends.
Good job on converting your tempted forsaken! For the tempted one, chaos, since she has a high deviancy and you have her friend it should be possible to install fixation or broadcast her, if you’ve hypnotized her as a chosen then it should give an extra bonus to let you do that. Her fighting style benefits both of her bonuses as a tempted forsaken so it should be okay that it’s three damage style, just try to train those three damage and maintain it to increase the expertise, the tier 3 level training actions should be good for that.

For Vanilla, it’s up to what you want from her, as she’s is now, guessing from her disgrace, she might be a mid range forsaken, if she costs 20-50 EE keep her three style, and if she’s lower than that, try to get her to a 2-style fighting style and raise her disgrace even more, possibly to 70%, that’ll give her to a good enough range to use her in the really early game conserving the EE to use her around day 10 or so

either way, I hope some of this helps!

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Thank you! I sent a message to CSDev about the issue and they should check it whenever they get back to me, I looked at your save and the tempted chosen looks like she’s primed to use her t3 morality break, slaughter, that might be one of the reasons, but it isn’t supposed to affect the temptation since she didn’t use it yet. I might be wrong tho so it’s best to wait until then, sorry for wait

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
How exactly does personality effect a Forsaken’s Fighting Style? I kinda wanted to make one with a PLEA Fighting Style so I created and Tempted a Superior Chosen.

He started with PLEA/EXPO style so I unlocked him for Single Play and I did a lot of training to increase his PLEA and decrease his EXPO but even at 81K PLEA and 30K EXPO his style still won’t change.

Would I have to Hypnotize a Chosen to get the Fighting Style I want?
The current logic for picking fighting styles has some weird edge cases where they get really reluctant to change. It'll be more reasonable in the next version.
Trying out the new Distortion and I'm confused. Is it supposed to be this weak or am I missing something? 1% per day is already slow, but it also consumes the day so I can't progress any other Chosen's Distortions or Breaks. Granted, I'm usually ready to hit the final battle around day 30 so I can make it work, but it burns a ton of days especially on a first Loop where I don't have Forsaken to train.
I guess what I'm saying is, it doesn't feel like the other Distortions. The first two offers big payoff for fulfilling their restrictions but this new one adds more difficulty after spending all game working around not being allowed to break half of the Vulnerabilities.
It's definitely not as strong as it should be in most cases. I was balancing it around the fact that it benefits more strongly from campaign achievements than the other Distortions do, but the result is that it's too weak in single play and early campaign mode, and too strong late in campaign mode. I'm trying out some other things.
did T1 breaks change since R24 ? Tooltip says , for example, "grind AND humiliate", but it takes only one of those and sum of circumstances close to 10k for the girls to start using defensive tactics and break their T1. If it's intentional, you should adjust the wording and use OR in tooltips.
Same with defensive tactics - once they are past T1 breaks, girls start using them immediately on 1 circumstance level, and can activate two tactics even if you do one surround action.

It's kind of a slippery slope right now with T1 breaking all at once when you start to go for any decent surrounds and trauma levels, and after that your surround damage reduces drastically in consequent fights, especially with 27% Distract and core vulnerabilities having inherent resistance. Basically, normal commander doesn't cut it anymore in mid-game, so you need to save for defilers or versatile suppressors to start going for T2(or do the perfect fight, and break the T2 at the same fight as T1).
The way that the T1 breaks encourage you to use upgraded commanders is intended, but the wording of the T1 break conditions could probably be improved. I've tried a couple of different wordings over the course of the game's development, but it's hard to summarize the idea of "it breaks when she thinks she'll hit 10k circumstance damage in one of the associated damage types" on one line in a way that new players will understand.
Actual bug report this time I'm pretty sure, late into a battle I selected to capture a chosen with my regular (no special upgrades) commander, then when it asked what to do with her due to networked consciousness I realized it wasn't the punisher commander I thought it was that I'd used the day before, and hit cancel. But the chosen was still captured, and it wouldn't let me do anything else to her, saying the thralls would just get in the commander's way. Also, when I pass a turn there's no entry for what happened to that chosen at all, and she's triggered a detonate countdown despite it being a normal commander.

Not sure if the save would help because I'm 36 rounds in and I couldn't tell you what I did before this, I was just experimenting with random strategies to feel out the best way to farm T4 %'s.
Thanks for the bug report. I've found the cause and it'll be fixed in the next version.
Actually, not sure this is quite right. Surrounded Paladin, chose tickle. She's at 100k pleasure, tempt should theoretically be available.
View attachment 1794403
The bug here goes deeper than I thought. Some parts of the code are inconsistent between considering the T3 break to happen when you hit the damage threshold and considering it to happen when she first uses the move. I'm working on fixing it.
So I have been playing this for about a week and I really like it. Been mostly playing with cheat mode enabled since I can't really seem to get the hang of breaking the chosen within the time limit. I just have a few suggestions that the dev may or may not already be considering.

My first suggestion/request is can we add a cheat menu to combat that allows up to edit the chosen's parameters in combat and maybe add a toggle for god mode or something similar? Also related to the cheat menu, can we be able to edit the corruption progression of the chosen if it doesn't break the game? Or atleast if that isn't possible at least let us edit % for the final tier corruption since that seems to me to be the most grindy part since its depended on the chosen themselves to increase the percentage.
I'd like to do something like this, but some parts of the code are built around the assumption that you're playing the game normally, so it'd be easy for the cheat to break things if I'm not careful. On the bright side, there is an incoming cheat that lets you unlock all the campaign achievements (even in single play mode), and there's a set of those that has the effect of decreasing the required percentage for T4 breaks from 1000% to 250%.
My next suggestion is a way to corrupt and turn to your side the chosen before the final battle. Maybe make it require them to be fully corrupted. To not mess to much with the flow of the game, you could have them stay and keep their cover in combat, and have them turn on their team during the final battle by making them come in and immediately be at 0 resolve, while maybe dealing resolve damage to the rest of their team, the amount depending on their relationships. Rivals would probably take the least amount of damage while friends would take the most.
This is sort of like the new Negotiation path. The problem with making a route where they're completely on your side is that lots of the flavor text describes their thoughts and feelings, and it'd feel incredibly lazy for those to remain the same even after they're on your side. The Morality/Innocence Distortion in a future release might be closer to what you're asking for.
My third suggestion would be adding physical descriptions to the chosen, like overall body type, breast, hip, butt, and genital size. As it is right now, the only thing is the pictures that come with each of the chosen which is fine for taking care of hair, eye, and skin color, but I feel like for the non-custom chosen they should have a range of descriptors.
This is planned as part of the improved customization update, but I'm still not sure when that's going to happen.
My final suggestion is probably my most minor since it mostly just caters to my fetish, can we have more pregnancy content, at least with the forsaken? We already have a bit of impregnation and breeding, and with the fourth tier of Morality pregnancy. But I feel like you should be able to breed your forsaken and get descriptions of then going through pregnancy instead of getting a single line in between each day when you pass. I could see if you have a forsaken that is pregnant in a battle against the magical girls, they would could taunt using their pregnancies.
There's a mod in the works that looks like it's going to be focused on this sort of content (along with more detailed body descriptions). The coming update to the main game will also let you have Forsaken directly impregnate Chosen.
CSdev

Just want to swing by and say this game is freakin awesome, thank you.

I love spreadsheet sex but this takes it to a whole new level.

Any plans of expanding on pregnancy? How about more with inflation? :devilish:

Will we be able to field more than one Forsaken at some point? I want my girls to dog pile the Chosen :devilish:
You're welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying it! See the quote above regarding pregnancy. As for fielding more than one Forsaken at once in-battle, it'd be really hard to do it in a satisfying way, because the action description would need to take every single participant's personality into account. But group sex is planned for the custom sex scene system, and you'll be able to have scenes where multiple Forsaken play with a single Chosen.

Thank you for the detailed report of exactly what was happening! It made it very clear which part of the code was bugged. This should be fixed in the next version.
Glad you enjoyed the scene (and thanks for reporting the unfitting text about them all dying - that was a bug and it'll be fixed in the next version). There are epilogues like that for each of the T4 breaks. Epilogues for Chosen who escape without being completely broken are also planned. And of course more similar scenes will be coming once we start getting deeper into campaign mode, which will be happening very soon.
First time attempting Tempt, why am I not able to start it now?

View attachment 1799332
This looks like the same bug starkravingmad is running into above. I should be able to fix it.
Hey, CSDev - I'm not sure if I've asked this before, but can we get the "voice" for custom chosen to be pickable in the customization screen? It'd be nice to be certain my Homura's properly using the Kuudere-type dialogue instead of being a brash fighter type, even though their weaknesses are very close or line up perfectly (can't tell which).
Because of how the personality-dependent lines are currently hardcoded alongside the game mechanics, it'd be a lot more work than it sounds like. But I would like to do something like that eventually, maybe as part of the improved customization update.

zertyx23

Jan 16, 2020
How do I use Friendship to gain obedience, I have a +3 bonus at most with one but the other friend have a +20 bonus.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Think my guide is mostly complete within the scope I was aiming for (Early/Mid Game). I didn't want to try to get into the nightmare that is trying to explain all the alternate break methods coming out, Forsaken, and New Game + stuff because it seems so much is still being altered (And I'm still confused about a lot of the shit myself). Think it's good enough to set people up for end game. Maybe I'll add more shit later when stuff is explained better in game and the newer systems are more cemented.

Last edited:

zertyx23

Jan 16, 2020
How do I use Friendship to gain obedience, I have a +3 bonus at most with one but the other friend have a +20 bonus.
Ok, If I understand, I can get a big boost of obedience if I don't do high severity training to the friend of the forsaken that I want to train.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Man, getting all three girls to be unbreakable friends is actually kind of hard, even with cheats. Especially when you're trying to get them all to fall to Tempting.

Madoka is BFFs with Mami and Homura, but Mami hates Homura. Which is a bit more accurate to the show than I wanted...

Reactions: Doctor Shark

Niyebe

Jan 27, 2021
Man, getting all three girls to be unbreakable friends is actually kind of hard, even with cheats. Especially when you're trying to get them all to fall to Tempting.

Madoka is BFFs with Mami and Homura, but Mami hates Homura. Which is a bit more accurate to the show than I wanted...
Oh yeah, I’ve had trouble with that too. Personally I’ve found the best way to go about it is probably to Tempt them all on the same day. If they’re all tempted at the same time then I think even Rivals can become Unbreakable Friends.

Could be remembering that last part wrong though, these sort of things kinda blur together after awhile.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Oh yeah, I’ve had trouble with that too. Personally I’ve found the best way to go about it is probably to Tempt them all on the same day. If they’re all tempted at the same time then I think even Rivals can become Unbreakable Friends.

Could be remembering that last part wrong though, these sort of things kinda blur together after awhile.
I may be a bit late but I agree!
Karnewarrior Tempting them all at once is a good idea, or at least doing it to the one that is having a relationship event from it. I don't know have the specifics down on which distortion will have relationship events with which chosen but I do know if the event functions similarly to vulnerability break events where it will be a positive event if the who causes the event is distorted last and it will be a negative event if the one who causes the event is the first one to have the distortion

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes