yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
The main issue with the bugs is that he is adding new variables into the code of the game constantly without a way to even create them before the game tries to look it up. The way he has it set right now is the game creates and sets the variables at the launch of the game. So if you are continuing an older save you don't have them set giving the error.
Yea, ideally he should create a dedicated init block with some if statements for new variables or something, since the game is non-linear so declaring at the start of a label will probably cause the variable to reset each time you do a certain event. The problem is that Mr.C knows little to nothing about Ren'Py despite doing this for years. As little as I know I probably know more than him based on his scripts and the bugs I've fixed in both of his games over the years.

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
The main issue with the bugs is that he is adding new variables into the code of the game constantly without a way to even create them before the game tries to look it up. The way he has it set right now is the game creates and sets the variables at the launch of the game. So if you are continuing an older save you don't have them set giving the error.
sorry for bothering u lolx. I have another weird bug..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
This one will have 2 commands to enter to prevent a follow up error.

"mia = 0"
"define mi = Character('Mia', color="#d0eec8" , what_color="#ffffff")"
Why were they having issues with that one, mia is defined so there shouldn't be any problems. Dvnasty I think you should try reloading your game from a map once you load an old save.

Demonkillr1

Jul 29, 2020
Why were they having issues with that one, mia is defined so there shouldn't be any problems. Dvnasty I think you should try reloading your game from a map once you load an old save.
mia was added in the most recent update both as a character variable is "mi' and as a variable "mia". if the save was created before that version was released the save game doesn't have either one defined regardless of what the script file says. It is the same reason all the other errors that I have helped him fix today are happening. If you started a new game the scripting that defines the characters and variables run thus everything is defined. Using the console with the commands just adds and defines the variables the same way.

Reactions: Dvnasty

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
mia was added in the most recent update both as a character variable is "mi' and as a variable "mia". if the save was created before that version was released the save game doesn't have either one defined regardless of what the script file says. It is the same reason all the other errors that I have helped him fix today are happening. If you started a new game the scripting that defines the characters and variables run thus everything is defined. Using the console with the commands just adds and defines the variables the same way.
What I'm saying is that mi is a "define" item and mia is in an init block, so if you load an old save and reload the game both will be created without manually entering anything. That's how those work.

Demonkillr1 I am very sorry !! I think the game just hate me......

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dude, just hit Shift + R or hit Shift + D and click "Reload Game" if Shift + R doesn't work. All of those variable are properly declared in the init block.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
yoyomistro Demonkillr1 well, the R and D thing dont show anything to me, so i just use Shift + O and do the tutor_video = False thing
That means you don't have developer mode enabled, which you should if you're using the console so you can see variables listed in game before you mess around with stuff. Un'Ren can automatically enable developer mode for you, but you can type config.developer = True into the console and that should do it as well.

dirheim

Aug 15, 2018
A list of my saves. Note that I primarily save everything on Pg 1 - Save 1 (top left).

It's a full save and all the scenes thus far have been unlocked in that save, so if you want to get older scenes, you'll have to play again or something.
Thanks a lot, the last version didn't work with my previous save games

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hell, there isn't a 2.5 either, but why let that stop you? XD

...Now that I think about it, I have to assume they mean 2.25 - 2.35, but hey. If so, the answer is just get the new one, and copy over your saves and stuff to be safe.
That's how I read it, lol. These numbering systems are usually pretty arbitrary anyway, but should have noted that in my response.

Reactions: TheDevian

BodaciousYT

Apr 30, 2021
Im at 4 stars for Scarlett, Victoria, and Mrs.robinson anybody know how to get the 5th also how do you become mayor I have everything except entertainer support and 130 percent acceptance rate and Ive done all the debate interviews now they just repeat

3.70 star(s) 201 Votes