ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
I think its fine if Rynner dinner doesn't want to lose her sausage but it would be funny if we could remove it then she immediately gets removed from your party irreversably like Berwyn

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
I would like to keep Ryan very much as she is. The only problem I could possibly see happening is the whole "can not have a successor thing so I need to knock someone up". Which honestly should not be a problem since there are many ways Champ and Ryn could have a kid (Lumia, adoption, hand waving it). Or at least I hope so.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
The real reason you can't dedick Etheruined is Savin is an ass and the glorified fanfic writer is obsessed with it. All the in game lore/writing is just handwaving to support more salt mining, the character itself has no barrier especially when the desires of the champ are supposed to be all they care about even on a high confidence path. I would be fine with having them removed as a companion at this point, especially if it meant we weren't forced to put up with them during the winter city quest.

Oct 10, 2021
Klemaia is such a weird character. She's exactly the same person as the horse lady Hashat (?) from harvest valley. Horse lady adventurer that has a fetish for elves. They could've just had Hashat show up there in the baths, having found some measure of success offscreen. Any other team of writers would've just gone 'let's do something cute and show an npc has grown in the background'. But not these guys.

Also, I tried out CoC I and boy is that game better written. Each scene is way snappier. Also the setting itself is tough as balls without being bullshit about it like how CoC II plays.

Last edited:

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Nah. She's okay with the romance, she just says she will sleep around and that you shouldn't go for it unless you're fine with it.

Still a pretty shit character all around. Also the only character in the game whose father you can literally thank for making her. What in the fuck, savin.
Reply to an old post, sorry about the ping. Just something that stuck out to me for some fucking reason.

I find the "thank for making her" doubly weird since back in the day of CoC there was the salamander girl (who I can't remember the name of) written by Sav, who had a daughter with the champion. There was apparently incest content planned as one of the interaction with raising up the kid was "I can take care of your needs" (paraphrased).

However, incest was never added because allegedly Sav was uncomfortable with the content as he had recently become a father himself. That's fair enough I think. Incest is a taboo topic and as a kink taboo as well, if someone is uncomfortable with it that's okay.

However, now, in the new game there's the ultra-slut kitty 5000 (aka Cait) whose father you can thank for "making her." Let us be realistic, that comment totally fits in to the game. The game's world is sexually very free and perverted, so a comment like that wouldn't be very weird (and iirc the father reacts positively?)

He's okay with content that would make any dad kinda angry - but incest is a no. Except between siblings cuz that has to be wholesome and okay as there are no family power dynamics involved, right? Oh and incest is mostly okay as long as it isn't the PC (looking at you Lumia and Garth).

Game developer is a hack-fraud, more at 11!

Edit: Lumia and Garth weren't written by Sav, but as the game director he cannot be excused.

Edit 2: Disregard above, my memory sucks and I am biased against the hack-fraud developer.

Last edited:

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Klemaia is such a weird character. She's exactly the same person as the horse lady Hashat (?) from harvest valley. Horse lady adventurer that has a fetish for elves. They could've just had Hashat show up there in the baths, having found some measure of success offscreen. Any other team of writers would've just gone 'let's do something cute and show an npc has grown in the background'. But not these guys.

Also, I tried out CoC I and boy is that game better written. Each scene is way snappier. Also the setting itself is tough as balls without being bullshit about it like how CoC II plays.
CoC 1 imprinted a very powerful fetish for dragon-girls (thanks Ember) and shark-girls (thanks Minerva) in me.

Beyond that though, I find that the "gameplay" (as much as you can call it that) is much better in CoC 2 and TiTS, but the writing is much more coherent and "believable" in CoC 1.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020

Quantity over quality, you know how its usually goes...

Koiish

Dec 4, 2017
I find the "thank for making her" doubly weird since back in the day of CoC there was the salamander girl (who I can't remember the name of) written by Sav, who had a daughter with the champion. There was apparently incest content planned as one of the interaction with raising up the kid was "I can take care of your needs" (paraphrased).

However, incest was never added because allegedly Sav was uncomfortable with the content as he had recently become a father himself. That's fair enough I think. Incest is a taboo topic and as a kink taboo as well, if someone is uncomfortable with it that's okay.

He's okay with content that would make any dad kinda angry - but incest is a no. Except between siblings cuz that has to be wholesome and okay as there are no family power dynamics involved, right? Oh and incest is mostly okay as long as it isn't the PC (looking at you Lumia and Garth).
I've been on this hell ride for a while and i still get things mixed up but to my knowledge Savin (who wrote Heila the Salamander you're thinking of) has never had a kid you're probably confusing him with Fenoxo who does though. The 'original' reason it was scrapped was cause people kept asking about it and eventually he got fed up with people expecting to write what he said he would.

However it's not the only time incest has been removed for example at one point you could fuck the kids you had with Izumi the tiger-shark by the lake back in the early days before it was scrapped despite being planned, written and implemented.
I believe don't quote me on this part Fen's second reason for removing any loli/parent-child incest in CoC1, besides the kid part, was being that it would be 'illegal' in some places such Canada which was a wishy-washy reason to begin with.

You may also be thinking of the Frostwyrm questline in TiTS which involved beating a difficult dragon boss in the Tundra planet and impregnating or being impregnated by (i forget which) them eventually leading to you having a daughter you could pursue a relationship with along with having more kids with. This was later changed to distant relative or cousin or some such but it was at the behest of Patreon after literal years of them turning a blind eye because TiTS was making both parties a ton of money eventually it seems Patreon has settled for sibling incest being A-OK though.

P.S May have some things mixed up in this but it's been literal years since it all went down and i'm not going through that many blogposts just to be 100% accurate just in case

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
Savin does not want to dedick Ryn because he doesn't want to. I see no problem there.
Normally, I'd support that mentality when it comes to writing a character. If the writers wants a character to behave a certain way, that's their right as a creator. We as readers can critic it, and dislike it all we want, but ultimately it should be the writers choice how the story plays out. But for me personally its hard to get behind some of the more recent changes to the character as they clash with what we've been told about Ryn for at least a year (I don't know how Ryn behaved when they were first introduced, as I only started playing in the spring of this year.)

My main problem is Ryn's character bounces all over the place. I could be wrong, but I recall in an earlier build of the game ( when you could recruit Ryn before dealing with Hethia.) its heavily implied that Ryn has misgivings about being born a hermaphrodite, as Hethia mocks Ryn as a false prince. Which reinforces Ryn's mistreatment by their sister, who gave Ryn the title royal cunt licker. This plays into the confidence system and when you talk to Ryn its made clear they have no real attachment to their dick and would be willing to get rid of it, especially if it meant the cage would go away. Ryn seems mostly like an insecure character that depending on how the champ treats them either wants to be exclusively involved with the champ and make the champ happy. Or becomes the champs plaything due to lacking enough confidence to tell the champ to fuck off. It pretty much reinforced by all interactions as Ryn only starts being sexuall with Cait, Arona and Evlynn if the champ drags into the threesome.

Like Wrynn13 is saying most of the recent changes seem to be salt mining on the part of Sav and Co. Which normally I wouldn't make that assumption about another writer, but seeing as how Kinu and Hirrud a literally projects derived from the devs spite, hard not to see everything going on with Ryn as nothing more than the devs wanting to piss off a certain section of their community. Which only serves to damage their writing and proves how immature and unprofessional they are.

P.S. Essentially people who liked Ryn before have every right to be upset now, as they're essentially getting something different than what was advertised.

This is also further reinforced by the in universe rules of the game where the champ and most of the cast can change themselves to be what ever the want with alchemy, so most of the problems that arise from Ryn becoming ruler could be resolved by the either the champ or Ryn changing their body, so this whole issue about producing a heir, is a nonissue.

Last edited:

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Normally, I'd support that mentality when it comes to writing a character. If the writers wants a character to behave a certain way, that's their right as a creator. We as readers can critic it, and dislike it all we want, but ultimately it should be the writers choice how the story plays out. But for me personally its hard to get behind some of the more recent changes to the character as they clash with what we've been told about Ryn for at least a year (I don't know how Ryn behaved when they were first introduced, as I only started playing in the spring of this year.)

My main problem is Ryn's character bounces all over the place. I could be wrong, but I recall in an earlier build of the game ( when you could recruit Ryn before dealing with Hethia.) its heavily implied that Ryn has misgivings about being born a hermaphrodite, as Hethia mocks Ryn as a false prince. Which reinforces Ryn's mistreatment by their sister, who gave Ryn the title royal cunt licker. This plays into the confidence system and when you talk to Ryn its made clear they have no real attachment to their dick and would be willing to get rid of it, especially if it meant the cage would go away. Ryn seems mostly like an insecure character that depending on how the champ treats them either wants to be exclusively involved with the champ and make the champ happy. Or becomes the champs plaything due to lacking enough confidence to tell the champ to fuck off. It pretty much reinforced by all interactions as Ryn only starts being sexuall with Cait, Arona and Evlynn if the champ drags into the threesome.

Like Wrynn13 is saying most of the recent changes seem to be salt mining on the part of Sav and Co. Which normally I wouldn't make that assumption about another writer, but seeing as how Kinu and Hirrud a literally projects derived from the devs spite, hard not to see everything going on with Ryn as nothing more than the devs wanting to piss off a certain section of their community. Which only serves to damage their writing and proves how immature and unprofessional they are.

P.S. Essentially people who liked Ryn before have every right to be upset now, as they're essentially getting something different than what was advertised.
She never wanted to lose her dick -- well permanantly that is. She tried to get rid of her confiment but it did not work.

And besides the whole heir thing-- which if it happens I also dislike since I do not like concept of companions punishing people for lacking in certain equipment ala Kiyoko -- she is still build on the premise that she is your subby girl. Now that can lead to a scenario where she could gain a vagina for champions benefit, but that is a premise that Savin never wanted to explore. Same reason how some people want Brienne to gain a dick but Wsan has no interest in it.

Oct 10, 2021
Must have skipped that info. I don't recall that all.
It's kinda hidden away in a conversation with Evergreen. She talks about how there was this lupine that wanted to buy a love potion off her, but wanted to make sure it'd work. He dosed himself and then charmed the hell out of Evergreen to the point she almost didn't want to let him go. The kid from that is Senja. Later on, you get confirmation that this was one of Garth's attempts at convincing Gweyr to stop being an edgelord and come back home. One of the few bits of good writing.

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
She never wanted to lose her dick -- well permanantly that is. She tried to get rid of her confiment but it did not work.

And besides the whole heir thing-- which if it happens I also dislike since I do not like concept of companions punishing people for lacking in certain equipment ala Kiyoko -- she is still build on the premise that she is your subby girl. Now that can lead to a scenario where she could gain a vagina for champions benefit, but that is a premise that Savin never wanted to explore. Same reason how some people want Brienne to gain a dick but Wsan has no interest in it.
I know Ryn never made statement where they said " I don't want a dick. I want to be a real girl." or anything along those lines. Even in the old builds that I remember playing, the purpose of of shrinking their dick or growing a vag was to try and get the cage to fall off. But the cage basically shrunk with it or became a clit cage. So, yeah you're right, Ryn never says they don't want a dick.

My point was the way many of the scenes with Hethia or where Ryn told us about the bullying they received from their sister, it was heavily implied Ryn was being bullied due to them having a dick. (Originally I thought Ryn was a trap or boy but due to his sisters treatment had been sissified. And I thought the original purpose of the character was to appeal to people with a sissifacation fetish. But the character is just a chick with a dick.) While, yes Alissa is a massive bitch Ryn clearly has a complex about their dick. Both due to it being small, and how other characters treated her for having one.

The old Hethia scenes if I'm recalling them correctly, Hethia really lays into Ryn about that and if you have a confident Ryn she'll call Heathia out for her petty insults. As, Ryn came in good faith to negotiate the release of the loggers (probably one of my favorite bits of character development, as it showed Ryn won't allow herself to be pushed around anymore. It allows your companion to show their growth without undermining the pc's role as the protagonist. It's part of the reason why Ryn was one of my favorite characters when I first started to playing.)

While I don't know what Savin has directly stated or what they had planned for the character in the past, there is room for both dedicking Ryn or maintaining the status qou.

If you asked me as a writer, it makes more sense for a confident Ryn to keep their dick. It shows them overcoming their insecurities and accepting themself ( If you asked me as a pervert I would prefer a dedicked Ryn.) I don't mind a more confident making their own decisions every now and then. If written well it could be interesting to see. But, there is room to write a storyline where a confident Ryn chooses to lose it out of there love for the champ. It's made clear both in sex-scenes and dialogue Ryn wants to the champ to be as happy, as they've made them. Both in dialogue with Brint, Arona and Cait its made clear Ryn looks to the champ for approval and even copies some of their mannerisms. It could also play into the whole story-line of them trying produce a heir. Maybe they say fuck what kingdom wants, I just want to have freaky sex with my lover. Or they consult you on the matter as they don't want to lose you. Outside of Brienne, Ryn comes across as like a true lover, that cares about you and what you think. In most healthy relationships people consult the person their with because they respect them and know certain descions affect both people in a relationship.

If were talking about a insecure Ryn, it doesn't make any sense for them to have a say. You should be completely in charge, even if Ryn takes the throne it makes more sense for you to be the real power behind it. And if you want to dedick them they have no real say. It could turn into a interesting corruption route.

The writers left certain traits about this character open, and I'm not saying this is entirely negative. (I don't expect any writer to tell us every detail about a character, but some of the choices seem questionable at best.) I genuinely believed Ryn had a lot of potential as a character, but now a lot of things come across as spiteful or deliberately done annoy people.

Last edited:

G3b

Oct 15, 2021
(Originally I thought Ryn was a trap or boy but due to his sisters treatment had been sissified. And I thought the original purpose of the character was to appeal to people with a sissifacation fetish. But the character is just a chick with a dick.)
TBH, I thought Ryn was a man as well. It's quite odd the dev never (or did at some point, too lazy to research it) address it for the confusion if Ryn was a man or a woman after entering the wayfort.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Now that can lead to a scenario where she could gain a vagina for champions benefit, but that is a premise that Savin never wanted to explore. Same reason how some people want Brienne to gain a dick but Wsan has no interest in it.
These two things are not even remotely the same. Brienne having a dick doesn't really match her character or the kinks she's supposed to hit. It just wouldn't really make sense to have it. Ryn on the other hand, there's not really much of an argument against her growing a vag besides Savin saying no. It fits her niche, and could even enhance it since seeing your subby little plaything with your baby in her belly could do things for people.

I don't really care about de-dicking her either way, never been particularly interested in it. But Savin refusing the option to give her a vagina when Ryn wants to have kids with you is a giant fucking meme. I could only imagine it's done exclusively out of spite, as I don't see how her impregnating Elthara is in any way a good solution for dick-wielding PCs. And that's not even mentioning the fact that it's not your kid in any way at that point. It's literally just the plot of a generic NTR doujin.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes