Meblue

Jul 11, 2021
He didn't say that, he said "there is such a thing as being TOO attached and needing to take a step back and practice a bit of temperance.". I'm asking how much disappointment and anger people need to feel before they finally cut their losses.
Suffering feels good I guess? I personally think a lot of the stuff people post here is actually pretty insightful. That and... well, the game isn't ALL bad. There's a lot potential here, this game can genuinely be great - and sometimes it is. Unfortunately, a lot the trash in the game severely holds it back, but the ACTUALLY good stuff is good enough to keep me around.

Last edited:

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Did I do something wrong? I hogtied the Dragon Knight from Ryn's quest after fucking her but i cannot find her in the wayfort dungeons (also Gytha just talks when she is in the dungeon, has no sex scenes been implemented yet?)

BTW: is it just me or is now impossible to have more magic power than Cait/our most Magical Companions?

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Did I do something wrong? I hogtied the Dragon Knight from Ryn's quest after fucking her but i cannot find her in the wayfort dungeons (also Gytha just talks when she is in the dungeon, has no sex scenes been implemented yet?)

BTW: is it just me or is now impossible to have more magic power than Cait/our most Magical Companions?
i don't think its implemented yet, which is part of the reason that dungeon update was kinda lame

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Gotta say while I am happy that with the new boot item my Blackmage finally has more spellpower than Cait (in her fucking DEFAULT GEAR) it does drive home Savin's "no power fantasy" politics the fact I had to pick ALL the spellpower-boosting items I could find to do so (even more when Cait's spellpower is 144, I'm above her by just 2 fucking points after spending all my items and all the points in character creation for my Willpower, wtf?!)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runufiv and mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
He didn't say that, he said "there is such a thing as being TOO attached and needing to take a step back and practice a bit of temperance.". I'm asking how much disappointment and anger people need to feel before they finally cut their losses.
Fair enough about what he meant.
But I fundamentally disagree with him about how reality works.
I don't agree that "can get genuinely upset" is "too much". it is the bare minimum needed to have any feelings invested at all.

As for your completely different question of how much is needed to cut their losses... that is a pretty complicated one to answer. it varies a lot by the person, and what in the game upset them.
Personally though I am in favor of low threshold. Be quick to toss games out of your life.

Also something to consider that new people come all the time. Like... someone posting here might very well be a new player that just discovered the game now. Started playing, got upset, and came here to share what us old folks already knew

Reactions: Jollira and Wrynn13

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Gotta say while I am happy that with the new boot item my Blackmage finally has more spellpower than Cait (in her fucking DEFAULT GEAR) it does drive home Savin's "no power fantasy" politics the fact I had to pick ALL the spellpower-boosting items I could find to do so (even more when Cait's spellpower is 144, I'm above her by just 2 fucking points after spending all my items and all the points in character creation for my Willpower, wtf?!)
> Character: Rico

“Come on, you apes, you wanna live forever?”

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
I somehow managed to get a higher spellpower than her with my wizard character. Here's the stuff I used:
My status effects, perks (I cheated a bit with a permanent Lover's Dry as I didn't maximize Presence while levelling up), and combat stats:
I managed to get 181 spellpower while Cait has 150. Also if you're gonna cheat in this game, I'd highly encourage you to do so as a middle finger to the "no power fantasy" thing. Make all your stats as absurd as possible and give yourself abilities and gear you shouldn't have access to. I didn't do it (much) this playthrough but I will do it in others.

Reactions: NODOGAN

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
*snip*
You scaled past Cait a long time ago. Her spellpower being above IIRC like 110 is a result of your presence and leadership scores being so high. These associated leadership bonuses are virtually equivalent to your own boost since they come from you. None of the companions are too insane and the ones that were didn't gracefull make it past the second combat rework. I could go on and on about issues with sets in general and what chokes their application unless you build around the companion/set combo... Actually:

Leadership stacking still exists as the easiest method to autobattle the game into submission from the very start due to that scaling and first turn auto-stances. Solo (on dark at least) remains an RNGfest if you're not summoning.

tl;dr
The 5 slot ability system as well as the individual ability balancing makes caring about overall strength in this game a non thing.
Due to damage being so obscenely high you're never going to get an actual good loop regardless and the slow as shit recharge speeds combined with "per encounter" abilities only being scaled (relatively) for short fight effectiveness means longer fights if they could exist are going to be monotonous grinds.
You mindlessly slaughter enemies anyways with two abilities without care to resistances like you're playing an early gen musou.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
*snip*
You scaled past Cait a long time ago. Her spellpower being above IIRC like 110 is a result of your presence and leadership scores being so high. These associated leadership bonuses are virtually equivalent to your own boost since they come from you. None of the companions are too insane and the ones that were didn't gracefull make it past the second combat rework. I could go on and on about issues with sets in general and what chokes their application unless you build around the companion/set combo... Actually:

Leadership stacking still exists as the easiest method to autobattle the game into submission from the very start due to that scaling and first turn auto-stances. Solo (on dark at least) remains an RNGfest if you're not summoning.

tl;dr
The 5 slot ability system as well as the individual ability balancing makes caring about overall strength in this game a non thing.
Due to damage being so obscenely high you're never going to get an actual good loop regardless and the slow as shit recharge speeds combined with "per encounter" abilities only being scaled (relatively) for short fight effectiveness means longer fights if they could exist are going to be monotonous grinds.
You mindlessly slaughter enemies anyways with two abilities without care to resistances like you're playing an early gen musou.
I honest to goodness FORGOT Leadership gave my party a bonus (no for real I ALWAYS use it for summoning buffing because once-per-battle abilities are indeed trash when there's like 5+ enemies per encounter so I want a little more bang for my buck, Charmer's lv6 encounter ability is the only one that gets a pass tho since it recharges upon killing an enemy with it so it's a great spammable skill to murder weakened enemies while the other two skills recharge.)

Now I feel really good about my character after knowing that, I just assumed my companions were always going to be better than me because "no power fantasy" which felt really cheap after equipping so many unique/high level items and dumping everything I could into raising one stat, thanks!

PS: Agreed in this game Multi-Target skills are king, my Blackmage rocks Leaping Bolt, Dischord & Summon Talsenne.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes