Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
I like Ashe, so far she's been a pretty nice character. Her being one of the few that are just into the MC. Wish Ashe had a special move like the Lightsaber though.
The taur followup shows that her mind stuff only works on the person holding the mace so it's not like she's swimming in choices. It's either MC and later down presumably whoever inherits the lance or forever in isolation in a mace. I felt much the same way when Linzi get's turned into a book in Kingmaker. It's not a very fun ending for any character.

And just like that they ruined my Rogue, because we just CAN'T have nice dual-wielding with unique weapons in this game I guess! (and by nice I mean weapons that don't WASTE stats on fucking magic boosting when it's obvious I wanna use them to do stabby things and not magic things! c'mon guys, you taking inspiration from DnD, Magic +3 Daggers anyone?¡)
If we're going to talk from a strictly mechanics point of view, the mainhand/offhand stuff never made much sense with how they designed perpetually doomed the combat is. You can smash that auto button and leave it on for the entirety of every encounter and never lose once. Admittedly this is just as well given the unforgivably high rate of boredom as they pretend effortlessly grinding through imps/wolves/miners #2313521 is an interesting, engaging, enriching experience or even a good tool for storytelling.

That said
"No one plays corrupted content," and "It makes no sense wasting time writing stuff most players won't see".
Can't remember this conversation so I'll take your word for it. But that'd be a dumb justification given that the only actual corruption paths you can take the impact things (taur village and hive) removes large ass amounts of content for significantly less content. Even if you were holding out... Let me put it this way.
Centaur Village was finally pushed in July of 2020. It's 2023 now. If you went corrupt Ahmri is STILL missing.

Though in the end who knows. Maybe it's in the coding pipeline (it's not). Maybe they're waiting on artists (they aren't). Savin could be putting his foot down right now (he's not*).

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Everything that is a player choice IS a power fantasy.
Nah it depend on the choices. Imagine if an unwinnable battle is resolved by one of three choices.
1. Lick boots clean that are more dirt and horse shit than boot.
2. Put a bullet through your head.
3. Your wife is put through mind breaking NTR sex and you have to watch everything.
Does those choices sound like Power Fantasy? No? But from your argument they should be cause you could choose.
Similar it is here especially with the Kitsune and specially Nakano.

Apr 5, 2021
These days the closest thing you get to a power fantasy in this game is the knowledge you are avoiding certain content, in a way blue-balling the writers by not being the audience to their fetish-bate.
Ah yes, dear TOBS, I know how much you wish me to read through five whole pages of your work and masturbate to its glory, but I chose instead to say fuck you to your god and give a one fingered salute on my way out without even activating the fast travel point. Now that's a power fantasy, spite.

Side note, anyone else seeing how stupidly cluttered fast travel is getting now? Like that's three fast travel points in Harvest valley now, two of them right next to each other for one and done content.

Bootyman

Apr 7, 2018
More like okay we made alternate corrupted routes for the first few areas now what's next, oh Tobs wall of word vomit shitsunes. Aaaaand no one wants to make a corrupted route suddenly cause they'd have to compete with his million word garbage and have to deal with the shitstorm he'd throw over anything even slightly bad happening to his foxxen. So no more corrupted routes get added and the whole idea gets phased out. So again it goes back to Tobs being Tobs and Savin not doing his job to deal with Tobs and keep the game on track but who cares since we are printing money with this garbage am I right?
Also it's like

> start working on corruption content
> prominent writer doesn't want to do corruption so a significant chunk of the game won't have corruption content because he doesn't want anyone touching his characters.
>corruption content stalls out because nobody feels like writing it
> decide that fans don't want any corruption content because nobody talks about the tiny bit that doesn't mean anything in the end.

Not offering something and then saying that there's no demand for it by pointing at how little you have created is a self fulfilling prophecy, it's like giving Atugia no content and then saying that nobody wants to play as Atugia.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Though in the end who knows. Maybe it's in the coding pipeline (it's not).
Actually that specific thing kinda is. Garde has been working on corrupt Centaur Village stuff and Ahmri/corrupt Ahmri, and I do believe some of it is in the coding stage (though idk if it's actually the corrupt stuff yet).

Pandect

Mar 12, 2021
Actually that specific thing kinda is. Garde has been working on corrupt Centaur Village stuff and Ahmri/corrupt Ahmri, and I do believe some of it is in the coding stage (though idk if it's actually the corrupt stuff yet).
So we'll see it in about 5 years then?

Jul 22, 2022
Man it's great Ryns quest is coming soon but why can't I shake the feeling that this quest is gonna sabotage her character in some way story wise?
Same I have very little hopes that they won't drastically change her character for the worse rather than better.

But oh well lets just wait and see if it was worth it or a massive waste of time regardless

icecreamman99

Mar 1, 2018
Man it's great Ryns quest is coming soon but why can't I shake the feeling that this quest is gonna sabotage her character in some way story wise?
I'm expecting to be above avg writing but for them to ad some unnecessary that may or may not ruin the the feel of it.
I will be surprised if the possible problems isn't with the whole uncaging and heir thing.

Thatguymercy

Jan 20, 2023
I'm expecting to be above avg writing but for them to ad some unnecessary that may or may not ruin the the feel of it.
I will be surprised if the possible problems isn't with the whole uncaging and heir thing.
My fear comes from these writers and their almost random need to insert their own self insert character to jabroni the player character, like i want to believe whoevers writing this is going to hold back on their ego and not sabotage it for the sake of their own enjoyment but look at Tobs and the whole Azzy questline. There's no telling when some random character youve never heard of will just show up, do nothing and somehow steal the glory away from the player character.

Apr 5, 2021
It’s already guaranteed you being cuckolded if you’re not packing a womb so it’s sabotaged already in my eyes.
Which, while disappointing, I can personally accept as her character does not want a womb, it's not how she sees herself (as the weird third sex pale elves apparently have that don't make a lot of sense, they are performatively male, presenting female, which isn't really a sex, it's just a kind of gender fluid?).
But they better put a fucking "I'm Out" option in for people when the cage comes off, a "I do not wish to have a family with you, even if we're good friends and you love me" option.
I can already see being forced to pick a "surrogate" for her if you take the cage off, and then every scene treating the child as your own, assuming that if you got that far in her story that you love her no matter what.

icecreamman99

Mar 1, 2018
My fear comes from these writers and their almost random need to insert their own self insert character to jabroni the player character, like i want to believe whoevers writing this is going to hold back on their ego and not sabotage it for the sake of their own enjoyment but look at Tobs and the whole Azzy questline. There's no telling when some random character youve never heard of will just show up, do nothing and somehow steal the glory away from the player character.
i agree thats is how i completely expect it to be, it has been the trend, from orcs, winter city, evelyn, berwyn, and the stuff you mentioned

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes