Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Another note on the combat: There is nothing intricate to it. After the rework there is an entirety of 4 skills in the game with 3 of those having slight variations to them:

1. Deal health damage
1.2 Deal health damage over time

2. Restore health damage
2.1 Restore health damage over time

3. Buff/Debuff to prevent health damage
3.1 Buff/Debuff to increase health damage

4. Summon

But where a game like WoW for example comes with different visuals and therefore flavors for this general concept CoC 2 has combat without any meaningful worded descriptions, therefore making it completely irrelevant which spells and skills you choose & use, therefore reducing the pool to actually just the core effect the abilities have on the health bars/amount of units present in the fight.

Reactions: mrttao

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Most people posting here thinking ill of the game does no make it an echo chamber. People are not attacked for liking it, in fact most probably like at least some aspects of it. Also people defending the game don't find their posts wiped or better yet edited to say something vulgar about themselves, unlike the actual hugbox of the official forums. Most of the focus being negative here pretty much comes from the fact we aren't free to be there. Comments like "I think combat good, you all trolls" isn't engaging in conversation, it's an attack. I won't call the combat good, because I don't think it is, but will at least admit that I've seen worse.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Comments like "I think combat good, you all trolls" isn't engaging in conversation, it's an attack. I won't call the combat good, because I don't think it is, but will at least admit that I've seen worse.
And the same person complains about the supposed attitude of people who are at least not throwing insults around. Anyways though, yeah, the combat is functional and not overly difficult, it's just also not engaging or interesting to read by any means. The descriptive part (if one can call it that) is fairly cringe & it's far too simplistic to be challenging in regards to the mechanics. The only really tough fights are tough because they have cheap, rng based "one shots" (not necessarily literally, but practically) or some mechanic that can't be solved by fighting anyway and thus have nothing to do with the usage of the available spells and skills.

Reactions: Jollira and Wrynn13

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
TBH LT's combat is kinda balls too, except it has the opposite problem CoC2 does and is probably more like CoC, you can style on most enemies because you have some kind of setup where you do like 1,000 damage per hit (I've seen it, it's like having Godzilla just step on you). You can also use TF items to overload on stats and just be broken even at level 1. I still think LT has the superior TF system of any TF game.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
TBH LT's combat is kinda balls too, except it has the opposite problem CoC2 does and is probably more like CoC, you can style on most enemies because you have some kind of setup where you do like 1,000 damage per hit (I've seen it, it's like having Godzilla just step on you). You can also use TF items to overload on stats and just be broken even at level 1. I still think LT has the superior TF system of any TF game.
Certainly better than CoC2 jus because mah Power Fantasy! But mostly because you don't need companions.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I only wish the Dev would be able to work on the game more, which I don't mean as a complaint by any means, I know she struggles with life and fully understand why that makes working diligently on the game isn't really in the cards a lot of days. But even LT struggles with really accommodating for the transformations beyond general descriptions on the sex scenes, which is understandable, given how many there are. (At least there are some applications at all like barbs etc. changing the descriptions of how the penetration feels for example).

But yeah the combat is also fairly meh, but at least there are some fun impacts of the talents outside of battle, first and foremost and the fact the visuals of LT are superior helps too.

Reactions: namelessone22

Basty96

May 4, 2017
Despite putting in at least an hour or two into it, the only real change in scenes I've seen so far is during an experimental run to see everything that could be offered, you basically have the option to rape some girl in like a white summer dress or something (I forget what she was wearing), with the option to back out of it if you want. Naturally, the scene paints you out as a creeper since your character just throws her down while she's all confused.

I don't remember if extreme violence was ever in the vanilla game, but if it wasn't, then the hgg mod added it, because I saw a womb fuck option for the goblin girl. And no, it's not one of those extreme penetrations either.
that should be an Alice and don't worry she only plays confused (she's a succubus turned into a loli)

Basty96

May 4, 2017
Who is everyone? I guess I'm not included? There are a good amount of character building discussions in their forums too.

This game has a decently balanced and intricate system that enables various different builds and team compositions. It's objectively quite good in this aspect for a game you find on this site.

Obviously, this thread is an echo chamber of autists, so your egocentric view of the world is understandable. You realize that all anybody does on this thread is shit on the writers? And you want the game to axe one of the few good things it has going for it (which is being worked on by a dude who just does the coding instead of writing), to... add more writing that most people in this thread will shit on anyways?
my guy stop playing on story difficulty and you'll see the combat sucks horsedong

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I only wish the Dev would be able to work on the game more, which I don't mean as a complaint by any means, I know she struggles with life and fully understand why that makes working diligently on the game isn't really in the cards a lot of days. But even LT struggles with really accommodating for the transformations beyond general descriptions on the sex scenes, which is understandable, given how many there are. (At least there are some applications at all like barbs etc. changing the descriptions of how the penetration feels for example).
The only one I find doesn't seem to mention anything is putting veins on it. It doesn't seem to matter.

But yeah the combat is also fairly meh, but at least there are some fun impacts of the talents outside of battle, first and foremost and the fact the visuals of LT are superior helps too.
Actually the biggest thing about the visuals is you can choose to just tell the art to fuck off. Any character can have their art replaced by anything you decide to post into it. I actually used an AI drawing of one of the character's artists that served to make it look more appealing.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
The only one I find doesn't seem to mention anything is putting veins on it. It doesn't seem to matter.

Actually the biggest thing about the visuals is you can choose to just tell the art to fuck off. Any character can have their art replaced by anything you decide to post into it. I actually used an AI drawing of one of the character's artists that served to make it look more appealing.
What I meant is more that the transformations only have a little impact on the generic aspects of the sex scene writing, but it's also true that that is more than on most if not all other TF games of this type (where the player can freely play around with their body basically).

Haha, that is also fair enough. I was thinking about the combat mostly though & the fact that the abilities and what not have their own, coloured icons etc.
It's just more interesting to look at by default than anything in CoC 2's combat at that point already.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
my guy stop playing on story difficulty and you'll see the combat sucks horsedong
And on story difficulty it's entirely pointless to begin with, I tried literally doing nothing for an entire playthrough of the content available at that point (was like 4 months ago, give or take) and it worked about the same way (and took about the same time per fight, with some rare exceptions) the protagonist is entirely unecessary and mostly just contributes an insta-loose mechanic for the opponents if they manage to take out the protag first.

On higher difficulties it becomes painfully obvious the combat is plagued by aimless design decisions.

Reactions: Jollira

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
On the topic of hgg, I just found out there's a character that had me dying when silly mode is turned on.

“Don’t take me lightly! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?” she shouts, raising her arm to point toward the sky for some reason. Your expression turns to one of utter bewilderment as Aiko pulls a gigantic drill from thin air!"

This is worth the admission by itself.

Basty96

May 4, 2017

don't you mean artists character? and which one was replaced?

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
The hgg mod's new content is garbo for the most part. The lion's share of it is pedo and psycho content.

Some of the reorganization of the original content is okay, though. I always wished someone would tweak the horse dancer and her mom content so that romancing the mom was possible without being involved with her daughter. Not that the daughter was bad, but from that angle the mom obviously wouldn't be the main squeeze and that would be a nice alternate angle.

In general I'd prefer if the mod focused on adding unaccounted for variations to the original content, the stuff people mostly like already, to add more reasons to come back to it - but everyone always wants to write their own waifu.

Basty96

May 4, 2017
The hgg mod's new content is garbo for the most part. The lion's share of it is pedo and psycho content.

Some of the reorganization of the original content is okay, though. I always wished someone would tweak the horse dancer and her mom content so that romancing the mom was possible without being involved with her daughter. Not that the daughter was bad, but from that angle the mom obviously wouldn't be the main squeeze and that would be a nice alternate angle.

In general I'd prefer if the mod focused on adding unaccounted for variations to the original content, the stuff people mostly like already, to add more reasons to come back to it - but everyone always wants to write their own waifu.
yes it's garbage if it's not your thing but for the most part the stuff isn't badly written.
oh and loli =/= pedo

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
yes it's garbage if it's not your thing but for the most part the stuff isn't badly written.
oh and loli =/= pedo
Is there anything to the Urta toggle? I like the fact most, if not all, of the more outlandish content can be toggled off entirely, but I'm surprised to see there is a toggle to remove Urta. Does having her around do anything bad in HGG?

Edit: By "bad" I mean her murdering potential partners or literally eating the player character or something like that.

Basty96

May 4, 2017
Is there anything to the Urta toggle? I like the fact most, if not all, of the more outlandish content can be toggled off entirely, but I'm surprised to see there is a toggle to remove Urta. Does having her around do anything bad in HGG?

Edit: By "bad" I mean her murdering potential partners or literally eating the player character or something like that.
no the only bad thing she does is fuck Amily your mouse girl lover (who hates Futas and jumps on one the first chance she gets) which is more than enough reason to hate her not to mention her being a futa and not everyone liking it plus her being shoved down your throat if you want the best ending in the game

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
no the only bad thing she does is fuck Amily your mouse girl lover (who hates Futas and jumps on one the first chance she gets) the toggle just disables her content and her quest for getting the best ending
Ohh, okay, I never play the game to the end anymore anyway, might try it with the mod to see if there is new stuff, but by large I think the best parts of CoC were just exploring the world and finding cute/hot characters to interact with. Urta generally being amongst the "like" more than the "dislike", even though she's slightly annoying as far as her meddling with other characters goes indeed (most prominently Kat, in my opinion, followed by Amily)

My solution to Urta usually was not getting intimate with her, since I think that prevented any of the other stuff from happening anyway.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes