Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Why is the dude saying that kinu bangs Nanako though? that hasn't happened yet.
It's been a hot minute since I bothered with the Kitsune content at all, but I'm fairly sure that did indeed happen already as part of her quests, either leading up to the engagement crap or immediately following it. Maybe you ended up clicking past the page or haven't done the stuff that has you "play" as her (more exactly read from her perspective, as with everything Tobs does there isn't any relevant input from the player)?

For obvious reasons I won't bother going through it again. The issue isn't just that 1 singular thing it's the entirety of what that review points out about the situation with the champion's supposed Kitsune family.

Reactions: Meatshield236

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
How long has it been since something in a patch was credited as being written by Savin? What the fuck does the dude even do for this game anymore aside from rush out patch notes and rake in cash?

QuedzaDrake

Sep 14, 2022
beside the main story, he still writes scenes semi-regularly and background/miscellaneous things in the world
but he is also working on the main plot for TiTS and that may be sucking up any attention for CoC2

he still a decent writer, its just that after doing the same themes over and over his scenes just feel like the smut equivalent of "white noise"

Martin2

Aug 6, 2021
It's been a hot minute since I bothered with the Kitsune content at all, but I'm fairly sure that did indeed happen already as part of her quests, either leading up to the engagement crap or immediately following it. Maybe you ended up clicking past the page or haven't done the stuff that has you "play" as her (more exactly read from her perspective, as with everything Tobs does there isn't any relevant input from the player)?

For obvious reasons I won't bother going through it again. The issue isn't just that 1 singular thing it's the entirety of what that review points out about the situation with the champion's supposed Kitsune family.
no, that can't be true. she's still a virgin when you play as her in kinu quest.

Smopy

Dec 22, 2017
Well he completely, intentionally & also maliciously (I'm not kidding, he had a plethora of meltdowns over people not worshipping his every word when he started to loose sight on what used to make his writing enjoyable & then openly declared war on the players of CoC 2) discards the very idea of writing a story people can play the way they like instead of just reading a kinetic (means no choices/interaction) novel and not only that but he purposely writes his stuff in a way that's meant to piss off anyone who doesn't fawn over his OCs. If you want a very in-depth explanation for what is probably the worst part about it I encourage you to check the ratings and read the review from LksLight. Honestly if that guy (Tobs) had a child I'd be genuinely concerned for it. He's highly unprofessional, grossly overestimates both his talent and skill at writing & to top it all of he's seriously weird, and I'm not one to kink shame people.
beside the main story, he still writes scenes semi-regularly and background/miscellaneous things in the world
but he is also working on the main plot for TiTS and that may be sucking up any attention for CoC2

he still a decent writer, its just that after doing the same themes over and over his scenes just feel like the smut equivalent of "white noise"
That's a shame, I really liked Garret quests and content and seeing him fall this badly is really disappointing. as for TiTS, I like it more, so I hope he's doing better stuff there.

And for the LksLight review, he nailed it and I pretty much agree with him, I never liked the kitsunes lore/section and always found it bad/uninteresting but in the end I never delved that deep into the kitsune thing in general, I just did the initial fights and talked to some NPCs and that's it (and I did see some scenes but I thought it was mid at best), all that daughter stuff I never saw (I've been playing/following this game for like 3-4 years) because I mainly played as a female MC (just a glorified Cait or something) and always ignored the kitsune waifu anyway but holy shit that's something I did not expect (this also explain why I'm so clueless about the kitsunes in CoC 2 because I never cared about them to begin with).

Another thing that LksLight brings up in his review is that the early game is very good, which is true, I always considered the game's initial content and story to be the best part and I've said before on this thread that I don't play this game anymore, but when I do I start from scratch because that's the best part of the entire game and when I beat the ice palace questline it starts to go downhill very quickly for me (not including the kitsunes questline), but I don't know, that's my opinion.

Last edited:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
That's a shame, I really liked Garret quests and content and seeing him fall this badly is really disappointing. as for TiTS, I like it more, so I hope he's doing better stuff there.

And for the LksLight review, he nailed it and I pretty much agree with him, I never liked the kitsunes lore/section and always found it bad/uninteresting but in the end I never delved that deep into the kitsune thing in general, I just did the initial fights and talked to some NPCs and that's it (and I did see some scenes but I thought it was mid at best), all that daughter stuff I never saw (I've been playing/following this game for like 3-4 years) because I mainly played as a female MC (just a glorified Cait or something) and always ignored the kitsune waifu anyway but holy shit that's something I did not expect (this also explain why I'm so clueless about the kitsunes in CoC 2 because I never cared about them to begin with).

Another thing that LksLight brings up in his review is that the early game is very good, which is true, I always considered the game's initial content and story to be the best part and I've said before on this thread that I don't play this game anymore, but when I do I start from scratch because that's the best part of the entire game and when I beat the ice palace questline it starts to go downhill very quickly for me (not including the kitsunes questline), but I don't know, that's my opinion.
I wholeheartedly agree with all you've said, when the game initially came to Steam I bought it immediately, having played both CoC and TiTS. The first impression was genuinely amazing, and while I wouldn't say I regret buying it I definitely can say today that I wouldn't do it, looking back at how it fell apart over the recent years.

Edit: In regards to the Kinu sex scene I have to point out that, after someone said it's not part of the game, I am not entirely sure about that specific thing anymore. It's possible the user writing the review was referring to some of the stuff Tobs wrote and posted on the Fenoxo Forums as part of his meltdowns. The description rang a bell but I also have no reason to assume Martin2 would wrongly claim not having run into that in the game itself if it was there.

Reactions: Smopy

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
How long has it been since something in a patch was credited as being written by Savin? What the fuck does the dude even do for this game anymore aside from rush out patch notes and rake in cash?
As far as I know, he's been working on the main dungeon for KM. Last I saw he was finishing the post-dungeon celebration, which is gonna be like the winter ball.

That was a while ago, though. And of course he's also working on the the new TiTs planet at the same time.

I think Ron Swanson had a quote about this...

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
to be honest he's probably the best one, maybe the observer too, I like some of his stuff (idk if that's an absurd thing to say but whatever).
One can say:
"You got me on the first half. "
Completely lost me on the second one. :KEK:

But I am intrigued, which ones from Tobs? 'cause that mofo has A LOT.

Another Myth

Mar 14, 2018
I mean as an individual i don't think much of tobs, however gwyn is okay, nihara works for me and while kohaku is literally what he and bubs believe Berwyn was, I still enjoy some/most of her content. Orb kiyoko and kinu were also quite good if my memory isn't failing me. I'm also okay with his non sexual work, like the dawnsword quest and the mushroom thing wasn't too bad. He's also one of the only writers whose content has adequate companion interaction for a game that forces us to have companions.

I'm not gonna bother stating negatives cause the list would never end, all I'm saying is that some of his work is okay or can be seen as somewhat good

Smopy

Dec 22, 2017
One can say:
"You got me on the first half. "
Completely lost me on the second one. :KEK:

But I am intrigued, which ones from Tobs? 'cause that mofo has A LOT.
Now that you say that... I don't really remember many things I liked about Tobs in CoC 2 (again, I don't play this game that much anymore and I have a memory of a fish), I had to take a look at the wiki (not that it's a good source of info and it's probably outdated as shit) and FUCKING GASLIGHTED MYSELF, I mean again I liked Garret (he also made the pregnancy content for that so it's a W for me), I saw some scenes about Gwyneth that I thought were okay and apparently he helped with Arona's quest, which I thought was fun to do and that's it? what? really!?

Looking through the wiki, I thought he did A LOT more things in my head (that I liked) and also most of the things he did that I enjoyed were at the beginning of the game (when I think was good) and he did most of the kitsunes (which I think is dogshit), so you know what? I think I hate Tobs now, congrats, you made me hate him.

Gonna take this L. :FacePalm:

Last edited:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Now that you say that... I don't really remember many things I liked about Tobs in CoC 2 (again, I don't play that game anymore and I have a memory like a fish), I had to take a look at the wiki (not that it's a good source of info and it's probably outdated as shit) and FUCKING GASLIGHTED MYSELF, I mean again I liked Garret (he also made the pregnancy content for that so it's a W for me), I saw some scenes about Gwyneth that I thought were okay and apparently he helped with Arona's quest, which I thought was fun to do and that's it? what? really!?

Looking through the wiki, I thought he did A LOT more things in my head (that I liked) and also most of the things he did that I enjoyed were at the beginning of the game (when I think was good) and he did most of the kitsunes (which I think is dogshit), so you know what? I think I hate Tobs now, congrats, you made me hate him.

Gonna take this L. :FacePalm:
I guess the cons outweigh the pros huh. :KEK:

Unobtainium

Nov 4, 2021
Why? My eyes glossed over into two pages of her shit.
90% Red eyes long black hair is unrivaled. The other 10% is I just think she's fun and how she messes with her peers is fun. Helps that the extent of her treating you like an outsider in the den is just using that as an excuse to gossip about anyone and everyone to you.

Reactions: Lucky_I and NODOGAN
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes