M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Wsan puts waaaaaaay too many words in the pc's mouth. I'm okay with a few direct quotes from time to time but ffs he pretty much robs you of any opportunity to roleplay. Your character is stuck being only as smart as the person writing it, and wsan's dialogue isn't very imaginative.

I remember one time in TiTs where he has the pc tell a girl that something she does is "hot as fuck". Hope you weren't imagining your billionaire playboy as a suave, high-class charmer, because dialogue like that completely destroys what you were going for.
The way you described it feels like your problem is with how simple his dialogue is.

Smopy

Dec 22, 2017
For real, it takes away the immersion by substracting the player's imagination from the moment, hell something like You tell Cassia that time hasn't diminished her beauty is IMPLICIT ENOUGH for you to imagine the exact words YOU would say and fill in the blanks WAY BETTER than literaly saying "Ayo Milf I think you hot!"

Am I alone on this feeling? The feeling that in an RPG if the PC is meant to be a free canvas 100% personalized by the player then it should have AS MUCH IMPLICIT DIALOGUE AS POSSIBLE so the player can imagine what they would say in each situation? Only actually putting words in the PC's mouth on important moments where is very obvious what they are gonna say.
I agree everything you said, I feel the lack of choice in this game is by design because someone thought it was a good ideia to make a RPG without much freedom in dialogues, most of the time the "choices" aren't really choices, it's more "go to next page of this conversation" than a choice.

TiTS is similar in design but is more enjoyable, I don't know if it's because of the story, the content or the writers, I don't really know but CoC 2 feels more like you're reading a book that you're in but your "choices" don't really matter because that's only for the story to move forward or something (does that even make sense or I'm crazy?).

Look, I don't know if it's Wsan fault or Savin fault (probably Savin but idk how deep Wsan influence on this game is in regards to the development), but I think Wsan still the best (if not the only) writer of this game.

Kroenen12

May 25, 2020
necesito ayuda

1 cómo completar la búsqueda de Family Matters

2 cómo casarse con todos 3 en Brienne Cassia Rina
aca hay una guia de como avanzar la busqueda
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
con todo lo anterior hecho solo tienes que hablar con brienne (en KM no en la taverna) y seleccionar "proposal" y después "three rings" para tener la opcion de casarte con las tres, con eso hecho se te activara la misión "courting the cowgirl", solo quedaría seguir los pasos que te da el juego pero si te pierdes ve a "journal" para ver como completar la mision.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
To be fair they all do that. Tobs will even go beyond putting words in the MC's mouth but thoughts in their head, generally to make them look like an idiot. "The MC looks around at all these oh so superior foxxen and thinks my what an uncultured swine I am." No Tobs, my Noble fucking Scion is not thinking that.
Yes, that always grated on me, harshly.

Apr 5, 2021
I agree everything you said, I feel the lack of choice in this game is by design because someone thought it was a good ideia to make a RPG without much freedom in dialogues, most of the time the "choices" aren't really choices, it's more "go to next page of this conversation" than a choice.

TiTS is similar in design but is more enjoyable, I don't know if it's because of the story, the content or the writers, I don't really know but CoC 2 feels more like you're reading a book that you're in but your "choices" don't really matter because that's only for the story to move forward or something (does that even make sense or I'm crazy?).

Look, I don't know if it's Wsan fault or Savin fault (probably Savin but idk how deep Wsan influence on this game is in regards to the development), but I think Wsan still the best (if not the only) writer of this game.
TiTS has the benefit of much lower stakes, among other things. You're out there to have fun in the galaxy, that was your dad's implicit wish. CoC2 is supposed to be about saving the world, but you never make any progress towards that, and the world becomes less appealing the longer you inhabit it.
(Edit, wait, no, I forgot, the game is meant to be about saving Cait's sister from demon portals, but she tells us not to bother about that because her sister can take care of herself and doesn't need our scrawny arse. My bad, that blowjob she gives in the tutorial completely made me forget about her screaming sibling being sacrificed on an alter by Tolus.)
Also, TiTS is more consistent in how Donut Steel is written, with your responses being in your head rather than canonically words you say. Aaand, you do actually have cosmetic choices you can make that change the game world, even if they don't change the grand scheme of things. Free the eco-terrorist or send him to a sexy-super-max, do the latter and you can actually go and see him and have some fun. Give Penny dangerous dick-growth meds and actually have her character change, she doesn't alter the plot in the slightest, but you (the player) can indulge in the repercussions of your actions.
You can kill Frosty, locking off a large portion of optional content, something CoC2 is scared to do. Or perhaps, too vain to do, can't allow PC's to avoid someone's magnum opus of self-indulgent fap writing now, can we?
And most important about the Frostwyrm content, and your ability to gate it off, is that they're still adding to it. The closest equivilant in CoC2 is the Cait sex temple, which you can elect not to build. But they haven't added any new content to the place save one update post inception. Because the design ethos at Savin and Co is, "Why bother writing it, if people aren't going to see it?" Which was the excuse they gave for not focussing on Corruption content, because most players play good guys. So why give a choice?

Last edited:

QuedzaDrake

Sep 14, 2022
Another thing TiTS does better is having MC personalities be Hard, Mischievous and Nice instead of Corrupt or Hero/non-corrupt
and you are only SOMETIMES locked out of a choice depending on your personality AND its not because they didnt want to write a different version for wrong personality but because it wouldnt make sense for your character to do that

also the MC personalities in CoC2 are bad not only because they are vague but because the authors ignore/forget they exist anyway

Apr 5, 2021
...also the MC personalities in CoC2 are bad not only because they are vague but because the authors ignore/forget they exist anyway
Absolutely true. There's so few scenes that take account of Champ's corruption score, and save for screwing around with demons, so few methods of increasing it. Being corrupt changes nothing in how you deal with the TOBsunes, but Steel being a Hard character comes up in every one of the sex scenes I can recall in TiTS (save Frosty, actually, I don't think your morality impacts the Wyrms. Shame, as an avid dragon seducer, I would love more in those moments.)
That said, TiTS does have its own corruption mechanic in Taint, which I don't think has ever been properly built on or referenced. I know you can become too tainted to ever recover, but I don't think it actually changes anything. So, I guess it's got that in common with Corruption of Champions 2, they both have something in their titles that means nothing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: knownelias

Smopy

Dec 22, 2017
Absolutely true. There's so few scenes that take account of Champ's corruption score, and save for screwing around with demons, so few methods of increasing it. Being corrupt changes nothing in how you deal with the TOBsunes, but Steel being a Hard character comes up in every one of the sex scenes I can recall in TiTS (save Frosty, actually, I don't think your morality impacts the Wyrms. Shame, as an avid dragon seducer, I would love more in those moments.)
That said, TiTS does have its own corruption mechanic in Taint, which I don't think has ever been properly built on or referenced. I know you can become too tainted to ever recover, but I don't think it actually changes anything. So, I guess it's got that in common with Corruption of Champions 2, they both have something in their titles that means nothing.
Yeah, I think Taint on TiTS doesn't do anything or at least I've never found anything that reacts to Taint stats, maybe it's to make you feel corrupted in some way or it's just a mechanic they forgot exists or they just don't care about it.

And Corruption on CoC 2 does absolutely nothing as the only time I remember they actually used it was in the ice palace with the Kasyrra scene, if you have high corruption and you have sex with her, she changes your body and your party members react to that (pretty sure the body part happens anyway if you have sex with her) and that's it.

For a game that has corruption in its name, the corruption in the game itself is a joke.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
I believe it raises you libedo floor making your PC more prone to seduction.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
TiTS has the benefit of much lower stakes, among other things. You're out there to have fun in the galaxy, that was your dad's implicit wish. CoC2 is supposed to be about saving the world, but you never make any progress towards that, and the world becomes less appealing the longer you inhabit it.
Not JUST have fun. You need to make sure your inheritance isn't stolen by your rival.
Said inheritance is one of the largest megacorps in the galaxy. Effectively a giant multi-planetary space empire.
And you actually save several separate worlds in your travels as side missions in TiTs.
Even when you are not saving the world, you might be saving an entire species from being enslaved by megacorps.

It just does not feel like that because the devs completely screwed up the scale perspective. And made every planet feel like a tiny village.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
For real, it takes away the immersion by substracting the player's imagination from the moment, hell something like You tell Cassia that time hasn't diminished her beauty is IMPLICIT ENOUGH for you to imagine the exact words YOU would say and fill in the blanks WAY BETTER than literaly saying "Ayo Milf I think you hot!"

Am I alone on this feeling? The feeling that in an RPG if the PC is meant to be a free canvas 100% personalized by the player then it should have AS MUCH IMPLICIT DIALOGUE AS POSSIBLE so the player can imagine what they would say in each situation? Only actually putting words in the PC's mouth on important moments where is very obvious what they are gonna say.
No, you're far from alone. There were some moments like this in the original CoC but they were few and far because there was an active effort to remind writers never to put words in the PC's mouth. Even in some of the mods I helped on, there was a push on writers to keep player agency. This is something CoC 2 and recent TiTS additions threw out the fucking window. "Oh god I, the PC, suddenly just love HUGE SPINY ALIEN COCKS yum yum!!! (This is not at all reflective of the writer btw lol!)"

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
No, you're far from alone. There were some moments like this in the original CoC but they were few and far because there was an active effort to remind writers never to put words in the PC's mouth. Even in some of the mods I helped on, there was a push on writers to keep player agency. This is something CoC 2 and recent TiTS additions threw out the fucking window. "Oh god I, the PC, suddenly just love HUGE SPINY ALIEN COCKS yum yum!!! (This is not at all reflective of the writer btw lol!)"
I wonder how much this is due to the writers trying to mask the fact that certain scenes are actually rape scenes. That would explain why the mc and crew are written to be into basically anyone you run into regardless of how the player may personally want to play their character.

KHazuzu

Dec 22, 2018
For a game that has corruption in its name, the corruption in the game itself is a joke.
This is a setting with a Church that raises kids to be prostitutes run by one of a bunch of eldritch freaks masquerading as the Gods. Rape is everywhere, there's even a race of horse people whose males are inherently just crazy and feral and will try to rape anything that they see.
Meanwhile the leader of the evil Demons that are going to ruin this Garden of Eden wants to fix her species' problems.
This a reverse corruption game, we were played from the start.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes