Thronico

Sep 11, 2017
Really sucks that I can't get excited when I see this game update anymore. It just feels like such a slog to play through, no matter the content. The absurd walls of text for each and every single event or interaction brings the pace of the game down to that of something like Divinity 2 (which I love, but it's fine there because it's a game that I WANT to sink hours and hours into.)

It just feels like they're focusing too heavily on new outfits, companion flavor-text, those weird ass dream sequences, etc... instead of making more repeatable encounters to make the game worth coming back to. I mean, if I have to fight those harpies 5 times in a row again, I'm blowing my fucking brains out.

Combat is still a fucking slog, with no real sexual interactions or good flow overall. The classes still feel incredibly out of balance, with companions feeling super meh in combat as well. A game like this should have great opportunities for replayability and trying new characters for different outcomes, but no matter who you are, or what you do, most of the scenes just kind of read the same, which is an issue that's amplified by how fucking LONG every encounter is.

It feels like most of the encounters we have in the game are all more or less completely consensual, save a few, which can make roleplaying a character really difficult. Of course, you can just avoid the scenes, but it doesn't help when a lot of the sex comes from just speaking to some random NPC they've added to an area and then choosing to bang in some way.

I dunno man, I realize games aren't easy to make, more or less coordinating a writing effort between so many authors, but would it really be that hard to get some variety in this game? Some shorter, easier to digest scenes, some faster combat with proper lust and tease attacks, and maybe some good reluctant sex here and there? It just all feels so samey no matter what you're doing or playing.

Reactions: Megumin.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
The only part i agree on is dream sequences, i would rather have 1 more "real" event than a dream sequence.

As for the rest, it's passable or doesn't really matter: combat? it's passable, walls of text? some/most are enjoyable, if not just skip/skim through, etc.

As for how consensual the scenes are... you are kind of right, but at the same time many of them are "you consent to get raped/used" and you get raped/used, which is IMO a quite good compromise between content and theme. Especially after TiTS where dominant alpha rapist will call you lover and care to not do anything to you, hell, every unique character in that damn game is your "lover" or aspire to be one, i could maybe think of 2 or 3 that don't.

As for replayability/different outcomes, we have two routes and that's enough, any more is a waste of resources and while it would be nice to have it, i would rather have more content instead. I know that these two main routes are completly underdeveloped, but that only serves to further prove my point.

Carrera

Jun 25, 2017
I've tried repeatedly to get into this game, and TiTS, but just can't do it. I remember playing CoC non stop for hours and hours though. This game just doesn't have whatever "it" was that CoC has/had.

Reactions: Megumin.

Evilfowl

Aug 5, 2017
Can't figure out for the life of me how to change Azzy's set after getting the new item. Doesn't show up in my inventory and I can't find it in her talk menus.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Can't figure out for the life of me how to change Azzy's set after getting the new item. Doesn't show up in my inventory and I can't find it in her talk menus.
Go to journal, character, go to Azzys character sheet, there you can change it.

Reactions: Evilfowl

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
I've tried repeatedly to get into this game, and TiTS, but just can't do it. I remember playing CoC non stop for hours and hours though. This game just doesn't have whatever "it" was that CoC has/had.
Probably because CoC2 is still unfinished and feels empty in a lot of places. Also very different playstyles where CoC1 is high risk solo adventure where any new item can turn you into some freakish hybrid, CoC2 is very safe in that regard you'd have a hard time losing a fight and corruption is a non factor. TITS is the same its really more interesting to spend time with side quests rather than the main objective.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Just me, or does Azzy's personality feel completely different after she joins you?

And what's with this hate on The Observer? Is this the one that wraps the player's dialogue into the narration? Because Christ, that is so bizarre and really takes me out of the reading.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Just me, or does Azzy's personality feel completely different after she joins you?

And what's with this hate on The Observer? Is this the one that wraps the player's dialogue into the narration? Because Christ, that is so bizarre and really takes me out of the reading.
I am not sure how I feel about Azzy. I am not sure how would I describe her. She seems kind of bland to me. It does not help that I do not find her that apealing from design perspective to begin with. And the poison addiction thing,oviparous (how does that even look?) and abdomen are turn of to me.

As for Observer, that bastard basically wrote half of the games content so trying to avoid him is basically imposible.
Now I am being hyperbolic. He is contreversial, mostly just here, for being kind of ass, being to "descriptive" in a lot of his dialogue and being kind of an ass. Upsy, did I say same thing twice? Silly me.

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020

Some CoC2 fans dislike The Observer content because he does have a habit to turn everything into a short novel. Like for the Kitsune den I believe you have to go read through a dozen or so pages of dialogue/descriptions just to get to the smut and the time that happens you're just bored out of your mind to bother with the smut.

I personally like slow buildup between dialogue to when sex happens but the way he writes the kitsune makes me want to smash the skip text button when dealing with some of his characters.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
CoC1 is high risk solo adventure where any new item can turn you into some freakish hybrid, CoC2 is very safe in that regard you'd have a hard time losing a fight and corruption is a non factor.
Nope, as long as don't eat weird stuff you are safe in CoC1, combat is easy, even easier than CoC2 and corruption is only for flavor - change/add some events, block some other events, not much else - mostly the same in CoC2.

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Nope, as long as don't eat weird stuff you are safe in CoC1, combat is easy, even easier than CoC2 and corruption is only for flavor - change/add some events, block some other events, not much else - mostly the same in CoC2.
I've lost way more fights and turned into a monster way more times in CoC1 compared to CoC2 where the only loss was from the Elf queen due to not checking on lust meter.

Also ff you're corrupt in CoC1 half the characters won't bother dealing with you and treat you way differently. In CoC2 I can hug the big bad demon and declare my affection to her in front of my companions and the only response is a few funny dialogue.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
I am not sure how I feel about Azzy. I am not sure how would I describe her. She seems kind of bland to me. It does not help that I do not find her that apealing from design perspective to begin with. And the poison addiction thing,oviparous (how does that even look?) and abdomen are turn of to me.

As for Observer, that bastard basically wrote half of the games content so trying to avoid him is basically imposible.
Now I am being hyperbolic. He is contreversial, mostly just here, for being kind of ass, being to "descriptive" in a lot of his dialogue and being kind of an ass. Upsy, did I say same thing twice? Silly me.
Yeah, i also find Azzy the most boring character in the game, or even more, the most boring thing in the game. Dunno why.

Check Tales of Androgyny Wasp scene if you want to know how it would look, warning: you might not be able to unsee this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Observer scenes are:
1. long as fuck and not in a good way
2. they mostly ignore whatever your character is both in terms of body and character, it pisses people off
3. in these scenes your character is forced into decisions/routes that you might be against or that might be against what you are going in a playthrough, it would be fine if it was just a short scene that you can mostly ignore, but when you are going through that event for 30min it makes people mad (including me)
4. hating on The Observer is a well established tradition that everyone enjoys

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
I've lost way more fights and turned into a monster way more times in CoC1 compared to CoC2 where the only loss was from the Elf queen due to not checking on lust meter.

Also ff you're corrupt in CoC1 half the characters won't bother dealing with you and treat you way differently. In CoC2 I can hug the big bad demon and declare my affection to her in front of my companions and the only response is a few funny dialogue.
I forgot that i should put points in my stats in CoC2 so i was fighting with just base stats and the only fight that was hard in CoC2 was the first fight when you enter the Winter Castle and then fights in Glacial Rift.

As for characters reactions to your corruption: as i mentioned in some post before, corruption in CoC2 is a new thing, so almost no one cares, especially since initially it's just more sex with not much in terms of side effects, meanwhile in CoC1 the world was almost fully corrupted, on a brink of annihilation and the last remains of intelligent species were trying to survive as long as they could, knowing that soon corruption will consume everything and the world is doomed.
That's a pretty significant difference in my opinion.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
FINALLY we get an update that lets up level up higher! (even if it's just one level, gonna enjoy it anyway), btw anyone got an advice for how to use Black Mages on the Glacial Rift? mine's having trouble staying alive (has 17 willpower, 14 toughness and 14 cunning, was thinking of changing toughness for strength just to get the armor bonus so they wouldn't chunk away so much of my hp with every hit)

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

NotEvenOw

Jun 25, 2017
As much as people shit on Tobs, I still think that, at least conceptually, he's probably the strongest writer on the team. I mean, yeah he's responsible for the most single most awfully written scene in the game, i.e. convocation of mirrors, and yes he's an insecure overly aggressive dickhead, but I still think he's infinitely more deserving of a spot on the team than someone like Gardeford.

Most of the games issues regarding writing comes down to the fact that the core team seems to operate without any real oversight, and you'd think that this far in development and with the budget they're operating on Savin would at least contract out an editor, but whatever.

theworstpvper

Dec 12, 2017
does anyone know where can i find the centaur behemoth?
You fight him while completing the quest about saving Atani's mom(?) at the bottom of harvest valley in the marefolk village. once you beat it you go back to the quest area and a guy I can't remember the name of entrust the behemoth to you for safekeeping. All the scenes are you subbing iirc just in case you're not interested in that. Only way to top the behemoth is the victory scene when you first beat him I believe.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

enumate

Jun 12, 2020
The Observer scenes are:
1. long as fuck and not in a good way
2. they mostly ignore whatever your character is both in terms of body and character, it pisses people off
3. in these scenes your character is forced into decisions/routes that you might be against or that might be against what you are going in a playthrough, it would be fine if it was just a short scene that you can mostly ignore, but when you are going through that event for 30min it makes people mad (including me)
4. hating on The Observer is a well established tradition that everyone enjoys
I disagreed with you on some aspects of COC1 v. COC2 a good while back but agree with you 100% here. At first the wall of text with Kiyoko was nice since she was basically trapped in a plane of existence with no one to talk to, and to some extent the Kitsune den, but beyond that every time I see his name appear as the author I usually skip or scan through dialog.

I've noticed on subsequent playthroughs (who hasn't at this point with how some updates break games) the more I have to reread his writing the more it comes off like he's imaging something in his head, but forgetting to write it. Example, Kiyoko scenes where the pacing feels really off.

Last edited:

enumate

Jun 12, 2020
Most of the games issues regarding writing comes down to the fact that the core team seems to operate without any real oversight, and you'd think that this far in development and with the budget they're operating on Savin would at least contract out an editor, but whatever.
100% on this, often times feels like I'm almost playing a different game or spinoff in some scenes. I've seen how much Patreon $ Savin in pulling in along with his fundraisers. We'd likely see a massive quality increase if he created a core team of editors instead of just adding more authors.

Then again, with the personalities of his current writing staff they'd probably threaten to leave the project or have the editors let go for something along the lines of their artistic style/vision being undermined or something.

Jul 22, 2019
As much as people shit on Tobs, I still think that, at least conceptually, he's probably the strongest writer on the team. I mean, yeah he's responsible for the most single most awfully written scene in the game, i.e. convocation of mirrors, and yes he's an insecure overly aggressive dickhead, but I still think he's infinitely more deserving of a spot on the team than someone like Gardeford.
convoc of mirrors is terrible, but lets not be too hasty with calling it the worst scene in the game, let me remind you they also thought that saying someones naked body smelled like ash was sexy, or that sub content is basically just being abused with the word "babybag" thrown around a lot. def agree he'd be way way way better with an editor who's willing to be harsh

Wouldn't be the best writer even with an editor though, as Wsan exists.

Yeah, i also find Azzy the most boring character in the game, or even more, the most boring thing in the game. Dunno why.
I mean she has basically no personality lol, it's just "I exist and also I am a bee". Even Cait has more going on, and she just boils down to "hot damn I love dicks" in like 80% of scenes.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes