Jul 22, 2019
The forums are turning on Tobs stuff? I thought they loved his shit, new stuff must be really awful, huh
Yeah I was pretty surprised too lol, but there were a fair few pretty solidly liked posts there shitting on the family content for just being bizarrely railroaded into a situation where your family basically constantly just treats you like dead weight or actively disrespects you to your face.
There was a few people commenting on how the whole kitsune stuff is just weirdly disconnected from the rest of the world too, which is something I haven't seen brought up on fen forums before.

There was also someone talking about how the politics is kind of just not ever taken very seriously, which I thought was a cool criticism of the actual larger kitsune writing. Like you becoming the champion of keros makes you by far the most important person in the whole colony (and one of the more important people in their society as a whole, you're a literal divine champion), you'd have your own whole noble line due to that status, but it's never really treated that way, you don't get much say in anything and there's never any commentary on how it relates to your characters backstory.

Particularly if you're a noble already, like that's a huge alliance that you'd expect to have fairly long reaching consequences, but nothing is done with that.

Edit: Also looking back over the content with Keros, not only are you his champion, but the text says you're his only champion ever. You're so far beyond "most important person in the colony" that it's not even close, lol

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Particularly if you're a noble already, like that's a huge alliance that you'd expect to have fairly long reaching consequences, but nothing is done with that.
I agree with everything else, but this one could be argued that you only came from nobility but you are not part of it anymore. Still, it would be nice if you were able to pass some of your knowledge as a schooler or noble on to Kinu. For flavor and to make backgrounds seem more important.

Last edited:

James3

Dec 12, 2018
Mega pc
Mega apk

Lusina’s found herself a forever home with some big, equally topless mares, and Kinu’s going on a new adventure with her plucky sidekick Kohaku!

0.3.35 Patch Notes:

• Lusina can now be found at the Marefolk Village after you’ve met her in her camp and cleared out the centaur dungeon. Her original meeting where she mentions moving to Hawkethorne instead has been amended to account for this. No more room at the inn!
  • Kinu has another quest with her in the starring role! Trigger it by completing her first quest and finishing both the den’s other two sidequests. (Written by TheObserver)
  • If you bring Etheryn to Gianna’s caravan, there’s a cute new scene with her and the crew. (By Alypia)
  • New Codex: Ghosts. After meeting the Hellhound, there’s a new section of the Lupine Codex.
  • Viviane can be found during the daylight hours now, too.
  • Many other fixes and tweaks.
  • New busts: Flame Dancer and Flame Knight!
Great, I'll get to copying the files of Cait that I renamed to cait_second.DCL.0 because the producers can't shove Cheshire's stuff away fast enough once they get their games going :D What's with having to load a game again just because you wanted to check a game version number, by the way?
But they do not want one, that is the point. Also, it is kind of shitty game design that one of major parts of your game is locked out for someone if they do not have a dick. Especially since it is used to access one of companions. Like, sure, some NPCs require you to have a dick, but non of the companions do.

Hell, from what I heard, if you spoke to Keros as a only vagina wielding NPC, he would either give you a option to grow a dick or to give him medallion. Which would lock you out of Kiyoko. Like, wow. Someone please correct me on that since that can not be real. It is literally telling subgroup of players to fuck off.
Don't forget LITERALLY telling you who to fuck at this point! Or have a trickster god's ire and realistically wind up tricked into fucking other things you don't want to later on. Had to just go back to a save before I picked up the orb and now have to leave Kiyoko to a fate like Qilby's.

This is a pretty major plothole, but I'm assuming it was probably explained somewhere and I wasn't paying attention during it because I fucking hate Tobs' monologues and descriptions.

No way in hell he is that stupid as to not explain that.
Apparently there are 2 spiritual energies responsible for afterlife forms and in cases like Kiyoko's, only 1 is used.

Last edited:

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Just writing in to notify the dude asking about the android build not starting up or freezing in the loading screen.

I tested the last public patch and the workaround and didn't manage to properly launch it. It doesn't have anything to do with saves so don't delete your save. I have a fresh install since I never played on android before.

The new patch also didn't fix the problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled it also didn't fix. Lurking through the bug report section on fenforum also noticed the bug hasn't been addressed yet but i did notice a comment saying the game work on older android software version.

Also wanted to point this out, the android build is also very terribly unoptimized. Lag and slow response. Thank god they have the fon resize option. However Tales of Androgyny, a game 3 times the size of CoC2 ran pretty well on my phone.

Might advise you to ring out to their team if you still can't run it on your android or just play it on pc for now.

Edit: ToA is actually 5 times the size, my mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwemer and M0nte

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Don't let them out of the fucking stone. She's mostly harmless there.
Yeah, I made the rookie error of freeing them immediately after Kinu was born. Which apparently the game counts as neglect, as opposed to just leaving them in there for ages. Ah well, I can't be arsed to start a new game by now, so just staying clear of the den and Kiyoko's place as far as possible.

Jul 22, 2019
I agree with everything else, but this one could be argued that you only came from nobility but you are not part of it anymore. Still, it would be nice if you were able to pass some of your knowledge as a schooler or noble on to Kinu. For flavor and to make backgrounds seem more important.
Could be, but the text in the noble scion background just says you were unlikely to inherit due to being the youngest child so went out to make your own fortune, not that you were cast out or that your family is dead or something. Even if you're just from a relatively minor noble line, you'd expect there to be some reactivity to that, talks of alliances or kitsune envoys heading out to inform your family of the situation or something.

Reactions: youngethan

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Don't forget LITERALLY telling you who to fuck at this point! Or have a trickster god's ire and realistically wind up tricked into fucking other things you don't want to later on. Had to just go back to a save before I picked up the orb and now have to leave Kiyoko to a fate like Qilby's.
Bro didn't expected to see a Wakfu joke here! i mostly agree with you, only thing is i want to cuddle with the Slutsune Wife that has suffered Centuries of Isolation and requires alot of love and sex because Frankly, i really like Kiyoko (hell if you avoid talking about Kinu or anything related to the Colony of Contradiction the Kitsunes are she still a good companion) besides, i have a thing for female NPCs that had it rough till our PC cames along to pick them up (or as my friends love to call it my "Damaged Goods" fetish)

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Great, more content released that a minority seems to care about. I just want my damn minotaur city already. Actually I just want more of Wsans writing, since he seems to be one of the only writers not intend on trying to cuck the player.
It's all about mastering cucking the player. Now even the game quest will cuck you by forcing you to watch NPC do the quest. Future updates will have the NPC literally plays the game and forcing you to watch.

Reactions: B2B2 and Dwemer
Jul 22, 2019
I'd be interested in a link to these discussions on their forums if you've got one.
Sure, I'll just link the start of the thread but the complaints more openly start from about halfway through (roughly page 4 from what I can see).

You can even see someones opinion completely swap in real time, it's neat. Tobs responded towards the end but I have absolutely zero idea what he was actually trying to say and it didn't seem to address much of anything.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Sure, I'll just link the start of the thread but the complaints more openly start from about halfway through (roughly page 4 from what I can see).

You can even see someones opinion completely swap in real time, it's neat. Tobs responded towards the end but I have absolutely zero idea what he was actually trying to say and it didn't seem to address much of anything.
You know that thing about how your family aged like 10 years or so since time speed up considerably just before you freed them? You know, half of the bullshit people complain about these days? Well, it turns out, it is Keroses doing. He though it was only fair trade for him freeing them. You get to release them, but you lose 10 years or so worth of expirience with your family.
Now, excuse me for my less than appropriate language, but that is some major bullshit. I did not know that they made monkey paws of those sizes.

Last edited:

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
Oh you know, I actually was reading that thread earlier but didnt get to page 4. I like the guy who was explaining how he felt with the 10 year forced timeskip, who was completely confused why Tobs dropped an angry old discord mini-rant of his as a response. The dude seemed a little wigged out that Tob's motivation and reasoning for the Kinu age-up and attitude, were more angry retaliations against certain players, than what the guy actually felt.

Jul 22, 2019
You know that thing about how your family aged like 10 years or so since time speed up considerably just before you freed them? You know, half of the bullshit people complain about these days? Well, it turns out, it is Keroses doing. He though it was only fair trade for him freeing them. You get to release them, but you lose 10 years or so worth of expirience with your family.
Now, excuse me for my less than appropriate language, but that is some major bullshit. I did not know that they made monkey paws of those sizes.
if I recall right didn't Keros want them out anyway? was pretty silly that the game gives you zero choice in the manner but just forces a consequence that then flavors every other interaction with them forever, you're right.

Oh you know, I actually was reading that thread earlier but didnt get to page 4. I like the guy who was explaining how he felt with the 10 year forced timeskip, who was completely confused why Tobs dropped an angry old discord mini-rant of his as a response.
God yeah that was absolutely hilarious, person talks about how they didn't really like that it forced you to abandon your family and that it kind of highlights how weirdly these games handle pregnancy and parenthood, and tobs just responds with some bizarre rant about incest and how she's her own person and it's all your fault lmao.
And then the weird awkward apology when the original person is basically like "???" in response, was just great all round

Last edited:

organord

Jun 10, 2020
When you wring out all the fancy words from Tobs' comment in that thread, it sounds like he's saying "this alternate scene is justified punishment because you didn't experience my content the way I wanted you to experience it".
He really isn't fit to write for a game, especially a roleplaying game. He has demonstrated multiple times that he's willing to completely overrule player agency to tell his story exactly the way he wants it, without the player's actions (or, if possible, their very presence) tainting his masterpiece.

Say, was there ever a reason given for why the dev team as a whole walked back that decision to have Kinu ignore the MC's pronouns? I was quite surprised when seeing the v0.3.32 patch notes.
I recall Savin and Tobs made some really snarky comments that it was never going to happen, with Tobs throwing around big words as usual to try and sound deep, and their sycophants praising them for the decision.

Thatsaguy

Nov 12, 2019
Say, was there ever a reason given for why the dev team as a whole walked back that decision to have Kinu ignore the MC's pronouns? I was quite surprised when seeing the v0.3.32 patch notes.
I recall Savin and Tobs made some really snarky comments that it was never going to happen, with Tobs throwing around big words as usual to try and sound deep, and their sycophants praising them for the decision.
There was not, as far as I know. Seems pretty interesting that they haven't discussed why. I'd say a bigger issue I have with Tobs writing in large is how often it strikes me that Tobs is spite writing against someone. It feels like large swaths of his content are some attempt at antagonizing some parts of the fanbase, and if you're not part of said people Tobs is pissed at you don't understand why the game is talking down to you, or you do and just feel pointlessly frustrated. Another problem I have with Tobs writing is his weeb writing style invades content even outside of his own corner of the game. I'm just not a particular fan of their style of writing, as I don't think Purple Prose meets "I've watched too much anime" is particularly good. Which is too bad because I'm into a good chunk of the characters they write for, and the writing style is just too much of an entrance barrier for me.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
The reason, while not stated directly by any of the writer/developers, could be because soon even only vagina wielding PCs will be able access Kiyokos content.

You see, lets pretend non of you know anything what I am about to write, Kiyoko is stuck in some kind of dream dimension since she is lacking a real body in our world. So she requires us to provide her some Chi, an energy related to physical presence, so that she could get a new one. And one of easier ways to get Chi is by having sexual intercorse, even if it is not only way of going about it. But game never specified what other options are, but we know that they exist by talking to Kinu.

But onto the sexy stuff. If you had sex as, lets say, PC with vagina only, you would know that Chi can be transfered to a kitsune with any intiment sexual act. Even if you and your partner only had viginas and you both lacked substitute for a dick, you could still transfer chi to them. You get an in game debuff and all, so this is not me talking out of my ass.

So you must think "Great, then there should not be any problems with getting Kiyoko out of that gilded cage. We just fuck and bam, out she goes.". But ohoho, my dear reader, it is not that simple
Since you see, Kiyoko a fickle mistress. As she only accepts essence that comes from penetrative sex in which her partner weilds any kind of dick like object. And I mean any. Just look at her sexual preferences.
Screenshot 2021-02-26 082311.jpg

As we can see, Kiyoko here rejects the very concept of scissoring.

So the only reason why you can not get Kiyoko out without any phaluas shaped tool is because she refuses any alternative. Since she did not receive any good dicking in last 200 years or so,she is ready to doom herself with eternal solitude. Just because you have no rocket you pocket. And I have to say, In all my years as horny internet surfer, I have never seen such huge craving for dick in all smut I consumed. And I consumed many. Even NTR japanese doujinshi filled with lonely unfulfilled housewives fail to to present, nay, to encompass such hunger for dick.

So where I am going with all of this? Well you see, soon the game will add strap on for vagina wielding characters. And with it, ability to access her content. So yeah, that is basically it. Since vagina only players are usually female or are female PCs, they probably do not want to deal with shitstorm that would come with your family only using male pronouns. They could stand the bitching of us dickgirl/transgirl players, but not with the combination with other groups.

But you may have noticed, I have not talked about big elephant in the room. "What about Kinu and rest of children?", you may ask. "How is that going to work since they are so tightly intertwined with Kiyoko as a whole? Would I be able to skip all of that bullshit associated with them if I fucked her with a strapon?"
Unfortunutally for all of you hopeful dreamers in a nightmare filled world, no dice. Since you see, technically, it is not your seed that produces babies with Kiyoko, it is your spiritual essence because that is all she is. So no, you will get her to bear your children like the rest of us. And with it, our pain. Soon we will all be united under the same banner that is only being held by our collective hatred for Kinu and Kitsune society.

Last edited:

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Does this game have a lot of CG? or only text game?
Well, almost every character has a portrait for you to help you visualize them. As for individual, scenes, only couple of them have them.
This game is mostly just text. A lot of it good, some of it bad.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
I wish there was a method of fucking Kiyoko without the Kinu baggage. I'm fine with Tobs doing whatever the fuck he wants without making his OC the mc's daughter...just cut my relations with her. Fucking hell.
But if she's not a princess and daughter of the MC then she won't be the super special grand tr00000 main character with the most specialest destiny !!!

(and if you question the one path through his pet content he'll throw a hissy fit)

Reactions: Dwemer
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes