M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
From what I remember, he said he had various mental illnesses. He never specified them, but he has said he was almost as sick like NightTrap. Thinking back at the posts on the forums, he would snap at people for no reason though that was awhile back, I don’t know if he still did it that after her semi-inactivity. So, that could explain one thing that could explain he was hard to work with. I actually thought Hugs was part of the staff team too. It seems that even if you are part of the staff, it doesn’t mean you get paid for it like Wsan and Tobs does. I wonder if Skow even gets paid for their writing too. I think the reason why Hugs didn’t really want to get paid for his work is because he took it as a fun little hobby than an actual job. That’s what most the writers do anyways which is why you don’t see most of them writing so much like Savin and Tobs (well he’s a different case, but you all know why that is).

As for the contacts, I’m pretty sure Savin gives you one the moment you do your first submission and that’s basically him being able to profit and commercialize your work.
Most of the writers on this project are not contracted/constant workers. Some of them write stuff for free since they enjoy the game (think of it as more prolific fan fiction writing), most are payed project at the time and only a couple were actual full time writers.As in having constant paychecks. Along with Tobs (as of recently) and Savin, Wsan, SKoW and Balak are only others that are like that. Everyone else either gets payed by how much work they are commisioned for or by the word.

Now I am not sure what Hugs was, but from what I can guess, he should have probably have been someone like William/B. Where he gets paid project at the time. Did he do it? I guess not.

As for being kicked out for his mental illness. Well, while it is something I am not comftrable with, an employee usually has ability to kick someone if they are difficult to deal with. Even if it is something outsides workers control. So, if Hugs was difficult to work with, Savin had the right to dissalove him to work.

As for altering his work that is already inside of the game. I mean, yeah it sucks for hugs, but really, what are they supposed to do? Leave Berwyn, one of the companions, just sitting there? Now yes, altering doggy boy beyond Alrights image of character does suck for hugs, but it is not first time this happened in these types of games. Like, you are signing off your in game (keyword In game) characters to Savin if you implement them in. Expect if they are guest cameos/you already have TM ownership of them I would guess. Kind of like how Brawl is able to exist. So without it, all of the stuff he has worked on is fair game. Still, based on there workers agreement, Hugs still can use all of his personal characters freely. Savin is just able to use versions that are inside of the game.

Still, once again, I am working with incomplete information. I can not really throw stones at either direction. So, untill/if we get some new information, I am just going to leave myself with the feeling of indifference.

Last edited:

OofSs

Nov 20, 2019
Most of the writers on this project are not contracted/constant workers. Some of them write stuff for free since they enjoy the game (think of it as more prolific fan fiction writing), most are payed project at the time and only a couple were actual full time writers.As in having constant paychecks. Along with Tobs (as of recently) and Savin, Wsan, SKoW and Balak are only others that are like that. Everyone else either gets payed by how much work they get paid for the project or by the word.

Now I am not sure what Hugs was, but from what I can guess, he should have probably have been someone like William/B. Where he gets paid project at the time. Did he do it? I guess not.

As for being kicked out for his mental ilness. Well, while it is something I am not comftrable with, an employee usually has ability to kick someone if they are difficult to deal with. Even if it is something outsides workers control. So, if Hugs was difficult to work with, Savin had the right to dissalove him to work.

As for altering his work that is already inside of the game. I mean, yeah it sucks for hugs, but really, what are they supposed to do? Leave Berwyn, one of the companions just sitting there? Now yes, altering doggy boy beyond Alrights image of character does suck for hugs, but it is not first time this happened in these types of games. Like, you are signing off your characters to Savin if you implement them in. Expect if they are guest cameos.
I’m aware of that, I’m talking about the agreement that Savin gives to writers when they submit something.

F224CE89-B12C-4462-8DD4-B9BF85BEED6F.jpeg

So, I’m assuming Hugs “threw a fit” which is why Savin is letting people change his content without his approval now.

Still, based on there workers agreement, Hugs still can use all of his personal characters freely. Savin is just able to use versions that are inside of the game.
Yeah, I believe that’s how it goes. I’m not sure if Berwyn was commissioned by Savin in particular or Hug’s own creation. As long as it’s Hug’s creation, at least he will be able to write his own version of Berwyn outside of CoC2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kallisto

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
I am not sure what to do with this type of information. It just sounds so vague. Like what mental illness? Why did he he not get paid for his work? Did he chose as so? Did he not have any contracts to secure some type fall back if all of this does not work out? Why was Hugs hard to work with?

Lets just no go on witch hunt here-
i'd never defend savin, but...
"hard to work with because of my mental illness" could mean so many things, dude could have off the wall bipolar impossible to deal with. We've all seen the "drama queen" personalities involved in the creation of this game, now imagine one of those with an actual diagnosed mental illness.

Oh i guess Hugs also made "JinJin" the monkey in the gym, only "fusata" in the game.

Last edited:

Bloep

Sep 2, 2020
Speaking of this, I actually found the main reason why Hugs left CoC2. Supposedly, Savin milked Hugs out of free content and the whole turning Berwyn into a female might be spite content directed to him as a result. I actually feel bad for the dude.

View attachment 1189102 View attachment 1189103 View attachment 1189140

Even Frogapus from TiTs doesn’t like Savin.
View attachment 1189113

Well, at least we know that not everyone on the Dev team sucks Savin’s ass.
And this is why you don't work for free for people on the internet you've never even met IRL

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I am not sure what to do with this type of information. It just sounds so vague. Like what mental illness? Why did he he not get paid for his work? Did he chose as so? Did he not have any contracts to secure some type fall back if all of this does not work out? Why was Hugs hard to work with?

Lets just no go on witch hunt here-
I never thought I'd say this, but I agree. Who knows what actually happened? Hugs can't exactly be relied upon to give an unbiased account, so we should reserve judgement until someone else comes forward.

Reactions: NODOGAN

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Most of the writers on this project are not contracted/constant workers. Some of them write stuff for free since they enjoy the game (think of it as more prolific fan fiction writing), most are payed project at the time and only a couple were actual full time writers.As in having constant paychecks. Along with Tobs (as of recently) and Savin, Wsan, SKoW and Balak are only others that are like that. Everyone else either gets payed by how much work they get paid for the project or by the word.

As for being kicked out for his mental ilness. Well, while it is something I am not comftrable with, an employee usually has ability to kick someone if they are difficult to deal with. Even if it is something outsides workers control. So, if Hugs was difficult to work with, Savin had the right to dissalove him to work.

As for altering his work that is already inside of the game. I mean, yeah it sucks for hugs, but really, what are they supposed to do? Leave Berwyn, one of the companions, just sitting there? Now yes, altering doggy boy beyond Alrights image of character does suck for hugs, but it is not first time this happened in these types of games. Like, you are signing off your in game (keyword In game) characters to Savin if you implement them in. Expect if they are guest cameos/you already have TM ownership of them I would guess. Kind of like how Brawl is able to exist. So without it, all of the stuff he has worked on is fair game. Still, based on there workers agreement, Hugs still can use all of his personal characters freely. Savin is just able to use versions that are inside of the game.

Still, once again, I am working with incomplete information. I can not really throw stones at either direction. So, untill/if we get some new information, I am just going to leave myself with the feeling of indifference.
It can still be in line with the original vision of the OG writer. While I like the new coming additions for Berwyn, I do think this is an asshole move. A lot of characters don't have a lot of options because their writers don't want it, and Savin respects that. Brienne does not sleep around without you. You can't corrupt anyone. All of this is because their writers wanted them to be.

While Hugs might be writing with hyperbole and some angst, this is still a certified dick move, to move a character opposite of what a writer wants for that character.

And I say this as a person who likes the new vision for the character.

...and yes, I realize that Savin has full rights over all characters in the game. It's legal, but not ethical.

And yeah no comment on anything about Savin vs Hugs. Mental illness can mean a lot of things and who knows what happened between them.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
It won't interfere don't worry about it, also funny fact if you kiss Kas during Winter City with Kiyoko as a companion she just gives you a death stare compared to everyone else having a funny reaction or simply jaw dropping twist.

Like Brienne complains if its because Kas has bigger boobs than her and Cait just gets confused as fuck.
Fucking lmao. I'd try that if the game had some sort of replay function. I am not keeping saves for every fucking major event.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
...and yes, I realize that Savin has full rights over all characters in the game. It's legal, but not ethical.
As they say "Laws ain't what's right, but what's legal" also let me see if i get it right: because of their fallout Savin is going against what Hugs wanted for his character and thus we are going to finally be able to turn Berwyn into a wolf chick companion? well...i got mixed feelings on this (i'm hyped for fucking fem-Berwyn, but sad it was forced and not something Hugs agreed since it's his character.)

Now i wonder if Hugs had somehow claimed copyright on his chars in the past would he have made a Ken Penders on Savin right now?

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
It can still be in line with the original vision of the OG writer. While I like the new coming additions for Berwyn, I do think this is an asshole move. A lot of characters don't have a lot of options because their writers don't want it, and Savin respects that. Brienne does not sleep around without you. You can't corrupt anyone. All of this is because their writers wanted them to be.
The thing is, every one of those writers that you named is still working for the game. Now sure, I also feel iffy about this whole thing. But nothing of what Savin wrote says that they are not going to alter your character after you leave. For whatever reason. It is stated as so in their "Submissions" post. The reason why Savin does not do it often is because most of the current characters either have writer assigned to them or no one wants to work on them. And he is not really going to force changes upon his current writers since that would muddy the relations inside of the team. But if he wanted he could.

Personally, one of few way I would not be OK with this if this was mostly done because of sour relationship between him and Hugs. As in doing stuff just to kick the man while he is down.
But if it is mostly done because B wants to, I am fine with it. While result is still the same and Hugs maybe gets offended either way, B is one that took the project onto himself (If he is to be belived). Whatever he think would make Berwyn more enjoyable for the players and for him to work with, to certain extent mind you, I am all for it. Because at the end of the day, without consulting Hugs for impute constantly, end product will end up different to what he had originally in mind.

Last edited:

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Fucking lmao. I'd try that if the game had some sort of replay function. I am not keeping saves for every fucking major event.
Somebody posted a while back that if you can open the JS debugger in your browser and then type in the name of any event to replay it. I use it all the time to review content that I don't want to actually interact with. You have to have a certain amount of intuition to find some of the event names, though, and make sure to end with "()"

Everything related to the Winter City encounter begins with "WinterQuest". If you want to skip to meeting Kas after fighting Aliss, type in "WinterQuestAlissVictory()" and it'll take you straight to the talk menu.

Reactions: LostNumberXIII

monknike

Sep 16, 2018
Outta curiosity, does anyone know if there's a way to unlock the full gallery? I'd played like 600 in game days worth of stuff before the gallery was introduced and so the previous things that I interacted with in quests can't be accessed :'D. Sorry if this has already been asked/answered

EmptyHusk97

May 9, 2020
Outta curiosity, does anyone know if there's a way to unlock the full gallery? I'd played like 600 in game days worth of stuff before the gallery was introduced and so the previous things that I interacted with in quests can't be accessed :'D. Sorry if this has already been asked/answered
I think there is no way without cheating

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
The gallery has character art that does not currently show up in game at all. Leofric and Sorra being prime examples. It also has forms that are currently unused as well. The nude spectral Smith and non-pregnant Alissa being examples of that. Also it's not dynamic so if you, for example, killed the Alraune or Behemoth before it was introduced, there's no way for them to show up without creating a new character.
You can try replacing the images in the coding, but that's alot more work than it's worth.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
If you're really interested in what's in the gallery, just look through the game files.

Naru100

Jun 13, 2017
Speaking of this, I actually found the main reason why Hugs left CoC2. Supposedly, Savin milked Hugs out of free content and the whole turning Berwyn into a female might be spite content directed to him as a result. I actually feel bad for the dude.
They better leave my big booty trap as just that. I want more trap berwyn content damnit

Reactions: Thatsaguy and OofSs

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Well...shit! i didn't expected Kassyrra to be that interesting when you take a more friendly approach towards her! that certainly made Winter City way more fun a playthrough, now i see why you guys like her!
Thought after experiencing this and knowing how the Writters see this game as more of a "Hero's Tale" than a "Sandbox where you choose wether you go corrupt or pure or morally-gray hero" i'm 99.9% sure that this game will have a "Kassyrra Purification Route" by the time it ends (if ever.)

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
People, I am just waiting for content where I will be able to take control over boriel elves and have Evelyn as mine puppet princess. Only real reason why I am joining the elves, besides loosing on tons of content if I do not.

Oh yeah, when it comes to making your choice when it comes to wayfort, unless you really dislike elves, there is no point in refusing them. You are not getting compensated in terms of content really. And double crossing a monarch, especially one as pathetic as Ryn, is sweet.

Well...shit! i didn't expected Kassyrra to be that interesting when you take a more friendly approach towards her! that certainly made Winter City way more fun a playthrough, now i see why you guys like her!
Thought after experiencing this and knowing how the Writters see this game as more of a "Hero's Tale" than a "Sandbox where you choose wether you go corrupt or pure or morally-gray hero" i'm 99.9% sure that this game will have a "Kassyrra Purification Route" by the time it ends (if ever.)
Me personaly, on my first ending, I am thinking of either killing her (world not big enough for us both) or, especially if I am able to dedick her, purifying her ass. Not for any greater good, just so that I could plant my seed in once damned soil without getting shord winged midgets as recuperation.

I'm just curious what Berwyn actually looks like, he mentions that his Mistress gave him some transformative tea which is why he looks like a trap and has his enlarged equipment. I don't care if it's just a dream, I'm hoping that we eventually see what he looked like before he met her.
I would love that. Feminazitaion while fun, should not be only thing we could do to him. Making him sligtly more toned and taller would make him perfect. Something like what I found on the exhentai/forum. I think artist is Evangelich on twitter.

berwyn.jpg
This is a perfect male specimen. You may not like it, but that is OK: Not everyone can transcend like I did.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes