throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
It's even harder to care about demons when the worst thing they've done is:
  • Give dicks to women without consent
  • Turn bees into bimbos
  • Rape the party upon losing...which isn't any different from losing to the other mobs
  • Turn the plants breed crazy
  • Topple a kingdom that was already going to be toppled anyway
One good thing to come out of CoC2 is that it helps you appreciate just how amazingly twisted the first game was.

Last edited:

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
You can view Demon's as invasive species as they spread without anything to stop them (besides useless gods who do nothing and you) replacing the native populations with demons through transformations. Demon's also have no way to properly replace their numbers as they only give birth to imps. Demons are just a sad invasive parasitic species like the kistune except instead of wasting a massive chunk of the game and updates they hypothetically corrupt things(as they have done very little so far) .

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I used the blackened herb or whatever it's called in Hawkethorne and it CORRUPTED MY SAVE, MY MAIN SAVE THAT HAD NO BACKUP AAAARGH

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
I used the blackened herb or whatever it's called in Hawkethorne and it CORRUPTED MY SAVE, MY MAIN SAVE THAT HAD NO BACKUP AAAARGH
It granted you mercy and now can escape the endless cycle of waiting for updates then getting pissed off at said new update.
Also now you know to either backup or rotate your saves

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
One good to come out of CoC2 is that it helps you appreciate just how amazingly twisted the first game was.
True, can't argue with that. Amily's recollections of the past along with the very guarded nature of Tel'Adre does a really good job at underlining the threat of demonic corruption and just how screwed Mareth was by the time you get there. Their very goddess, Marae, of whom the realm is named after, is severely weakened and can even be corrupted by pollution should you choose to overload the valves in the power plant.

The twistedness is even seen in just how different the sex scenes and dialogue are between regular NPCs and corrupted/demonic NPCs. Regular NPCs solicit sex normally, either forcibly or asking for the MC's consent as well as speak in accordance to what their personalities are. Even horndogs like Urta. On the other hand, corrupted NPCs and demons almost always make it their sole purpose to dominate the MC utterly and seek to change the subjugated thoroughly, violating their very being.

Hell, the fact that the MC of the first game can even kill demons by the dozen is a testament to setting of Mareth: It's hostile, it's sexually, physically and mentally violent, and you will suffer trying. Sure, you can kill imps in CoC2 but it's treated more like a pest infestation more than anything, proving Belphegor007's point that demons are just evolutionarily less successful kitsunes.

I want to give this game the benefit of the doubt since it's both still in development and the setting is of a world that is just starting to be invaded by demons again after two centuries but I have yet to see anything that would keep this game on my computer.

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Fuck, did you overwrite your whole playthrough save?!! Always save on a different slot each time fiddling around the backers build. Learned it the hard way.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Well, at least they're something right with corruption.
I think I want to take back any requests of corruption content now...

This is why I follow my favorite quote:
"Always make a backup of a backup of your backup."

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
I think I want to take back any requests of corruption content now...

This is why I follow my favorite quote:
"Always make a backup of a backup of your backup."
Playing poorly optimised MTL'd RPGMaker games go a really long way towards drilling this practice into your brain.

Reactions: Bootyman and B2B2

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
I always play making 2 saves, the main one and the one i make after i beat a mission/level in the game.

Reactions: RenH

EmPockets998

Jul 7, 2017
true you'd also be in the habit to save often and to have at least several save files if you've played Fallout New Vegas, that game was such a buggy mess that I learned the hard way to save very often and always before fast traveling or moving through a loading screen door.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes