Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
I think a good step in beating back the Kitsune debacle would be to actually implement that opposing choice that was originally planned (give soul to keros vs give soul to taoth). Except Savin let Tobs and his free writing go a bit too far, and now - according to Savin - no one else wants to write the alternate choice and have to compete with the gigantic chunk of content that is Keros and the Kitsune. And also Tobs isn't interested in writing the Taoth side. I did some digging and it seems we might still see the Taoth side plotline that was planned but we won't have the choice to join him.

Idk it would've been nice to see what Taoth's faction would have been like but I don't blame the other writers. I may not have a high opinion of Tobs but he is definitely a prolific writer. I wish the Female Agent dev had Tobs' work ethic.

On another note, is the Temple of Mallach most of Tobs' writing as well? And have we heard of what content people who don't want to build the temple get in exchange? Because otherwise it seems like the keros/kitsune situation all over again, where Tobs will write a shit ton for this one choice and no one will want to have to compete with his writing pace to write the other choice.

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
On another note, is the Temple of Mallach most of Tobs' writing as well? And have we heard of what content people who don't want to build the temple get in exchange? Because otherwise it seems like the keros/kitsune situation all over again, where Tobs will write a shit ton for this one choice and no one will want to have to compete with his writing pace to write the other choice.
The main issue with the kitsune-gate is that this particular piece of content is very TOBS-centrered, it feels more like a OC self-insertion rather than a content designed for the players. It also gives the impression that TOBS would not involve other community writers: except Takahiro and the roaming kitsunes, all the other foxes are TOBS creations.

The wayfort is almost empty of worthwhile content. Why don’t the writers put it to good use? Wanna write an arc where the kitsune position is threatened? A tainted MC with conquest ambitions could the fort it as a base for its new war-band. The alraune, if spared, is devoted to the MC; the hive next door can be dominated as well, and it is possible to usewaystone to bring folks other than party companions (centaur juggernaut in mind). Bring in the corrupted centaur tribe, annex the marefolks and take over Hawktorn.

The Tamika is mad over your expansion project ? Use it as a new rug. The foxlike-daemon start throwing a hissy fit? Raze the tree to the ground, Sylvannas did it once and nobody gave a shit. Give the MC a chance to build a debauchery empire that will even surpass Kas dreams.

Instead we got the child-grooming temple with no other alternative.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
With regards to Savin on the matter of the kitsune:
Don't know if i would go that far. After that conversation Tobs came up with wolf-mama and that whole pile of crap, and since it's in the game i gotta assume bossman greenlit that prime piece of word diarrhea... so yeah.

Savin probably just salty Kiyoko and walmart Ciri got no NTR content.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Don't know if i would go that far. After that conversation Tobs came up with wolf-mama and that whole pile of crap, and since it's in the game i gotta assume bossman greenlit that prime piece of word diarrhea... so yeah.

Savin probably just salty Kiyoko and walmart Ciri got no NTR content.
Still, credit where credits due. If a broken clock can be right twice a day, then Savin is allowed to be right once every few years.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Instead we got the child-grooming temple with no other alternative.
The Mallachian faith will never cease to crack me up whenever it's mentioned here.

We have a game run by devs who vehemently abhor incest, go out of their to make spite content because of incest-related stuff from a previous game, refuse to make quality corruption content in a game about corruption... but celebrate child-grooming by not only having a nigh-irreplaceable character be a priestess in a faith that's all about grooming children into becoming high-class prostitutes but also reward you for building a temple to establish said child-grooming in your lands.

Remember kids, incest is a big no-no and so is turning evil. But grooming children into sex workers and hedonistic free-loving hippies is a-okay! Oh, and also implied pedophilia too unless you honestly expect me to believe that an entire religion that makes use of groomed children won't start them young.

Last edited:

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
There's no way any o' the devs can make this shit game goo-

As I was saying Savin is actually one of the best people in the dev team and I believe that they can make this shit game good someday~~~
Honestly, I feel like a huge chunk of the issues most people have with the game could have been avoided if Savin had a clearer vision of what he wanted out of CoC2 as well as keeping a tighter leash around his writers. Let them write what they want but steer them back on-course if their content clashes heavily with the core themes of the game.

It's a bit too late to fix that of course since Savin might as well let Tobs kick him out of the driver's seat, take the car out on an egotistical joyride then crash into the work of other writers before finally taking back control.

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
The Mallachian faith will never cease to crack me up whenever it's mentioned here.

We have a game run by devs who vehemently abhor incest, go out of their to make spite content because of incest-related stuff from a previous game, refuse to make quality corruption content in a game about corruption...
Nah, the devs have issue with being made accountable. One sister engaging in debauchery with her sister ain't a issue in their notebook, according to the latest updates.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Honestly, I feel like a huge chunk of the issues most people have with the game could have been avoided if Savin had a clearer vision of what he wanted out of CoC2 as well as keeping a tighter leash around his writers. Let them write what they want but steer them back on-course if their content clashes heavily with the core themes of the game.

It's a bit too late to fix that of course since Savin might as well let Tobs kick him out of the driver's seat, take the car out on an egotistical joyride then crash into the work of other writers before finally taking back control.
I mean a car crash can lead to amnesia so let's hope for that one and maybe they can finally write something that isn't shit during their amnesia timeline.

Reactions: LostNumberXIII

Fiz1247

Jul 3, 2019
The wayfort is almost empty of worthwhile content. Why don’t the writers put it to good use? Wanna write an arc where the kitsune position is threatened? A tainted MC with conquest ambitions could the fort it as a base for its new war-band. The alraune, if spared, is devoted to the MC; the hive next door can be dominated as well, and it is possible to usewaystone to bring folks other than party companions (centaur juggernaut in mind). Bring in the corrupted centaur tribe, annex the marefolks and take over Hawktorn.

The Tamika is mad over your expansion project ? Use it as a new rug. The foxlike-daemon start throwing a hissy fit? Raze the tree to the ground, Sylvannas did it once and nobody gave a shit. Give the MC a chance to build a debauchery empire that will even surpass Kas dreams.
Woah buddy I will have to stop you right there as that's nasty nasty power fantasy and the writers hate to write that for PC.Only theirs ocs are allowed that.

j_ericson

Aug 28, 2021
At least tobs is fair when he writes religions. Every one of them is flawed and he makes an effort to make it so that the good doesn't outshine all the bad. Mallach's religion of arts and debauchery grooms kids, Lumia's followers are prone to conquest, and the rich kitsune have to deal with Keros showing up for dinner uninvited.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
At least tobs is fair when he writes religions. Every one of them is flawed and he makes an effort to make it so that the good doesn't outshine all the bad. Mallach's religion of arts and debauchery grooms kids, Lumia's followers are prone to conquest, and the rich kitsune have to deal with Keros showing up for dinner uninvited.
Showing up to dinner? Uninvited?! Truly, heavy is the burden of the kitsune.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Oh please, that's writing 101. Add nuance to your story and characters.
All that shows is that he turned up for class.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Oh please, that's writing 101. Add nuance to your story and characters.
All that shows is that he turned up for class.
No, no, he's onto something. There is indeed nuance in having the burden of a follower of Keros to be burdened by his random intrusion into your peaceful dinners. For you see, this indicates that Tobs has enough braincells to rub together to retain some of whatever he learned in Writing 101.

All he needs to do is to continue attending Writing 101 instead of leaving after the introductory class.

j_ericson

Aug 28, 2021
/s

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes