M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Oh, that is nice. Balak is good from what I read. Never really cared for Vivian, but hey, that can always change.

And for anyone interested, this is what Balak wrote.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I don't even know why there's a deadline to begin with, the game still needs at least another 3 years worth development. But yeah I'm guessing exceptions will be made for William since a lot of people like his work and he really hyped up the whole clueless virign companion.
The deadlines seriously don't make sense considering the programmers simply cannot ever keep up with the writing that is already done in the game.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Okay seriously, why are there deadlines like this anyway? The development isn't really bottlenecked by the writing speed of people, is it? What point is there in having a billion things to be coded into the game in the backlog. It doesn't really matter if a writer finishes something now or months later if it's not gonna be added the moment it's written.

Or is this more about trying to nurture a more disciplined culture amongst the writing team or something? That's the only way I can see this making sense.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
damm I really want two things from this game and I am always afraid or disappointed that they will fuck this up
1. romance the baroness and it still not there
2. some update to fuck this up really bad

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
Okay seriously, why are there deadlines like this anyway? The development isn't really bottlenecked by the writing speed of people, is it? What point is there in having a billion things to be coded into the game in the backlog. It doesn't really matter if a writer finishes something now or months later if it's not gonna be added the moment it's written.

Or is this more about trying to nurture a more disciplined culture amongst the writing team or something? That's the only way I can see this making sense.

Fenoxo's writing teams have always had a chronic case of never finishing their shit, so maybe this is part of a more structured approach. I don't think it will help, as it isn't the chief concern they should be having right now.

They need someone more open-minded and not obsessed with niche material to take over creative direction, or there will continue to be these massive writing bottlenecks with all the content overlap. Also their coder sucks, but this patreon coders are always second rate so idk on that one.

Ember was the dragon girl that hatched from an egg in CoC1 right? Either way, if the writer is competent, I fully support adding content that the staff/patreon forbids.
It'd be removed from the site and the writer banned for certain, they think grand theft OC is a real thing there. None of it was shit against patreons prudish rules, just Savin being his usual self.

Giving writers complete control over their characters when they don't fucking finish them was a grave mistake, leads to lots of incomplete and broken shit no one else can work on because furries view touching their OC as criminal at best.

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
It'd be removed from the site and the writer banned for certain, they think grand theft OC is a real thing there. None of it was shit against patreons prudish rules, just Savin being his usual self.

Giving writers complete control over their characters when they don't fucking finish them was a grave mistake, leads to lots of incomplete and broken shit no one else can work on because furries view touching their OC as criminal at best.
Which is hilarious because after Savin "fired" Hugs he just threw Berwyn to William. So if William misses the deadline it's because of the bullshit Savin threw on his desk. Because Savin doesn't know how to be a decent person.

There is no discipline with them, just spite and laziness. They don't want to have to rewrite new companions in for others to know about or interact with retroactively, but honestly... I'd rather the companions not interact at all given how schizophrenic it all comes off as. None of them really know how to write in persona of characters not their own nor do they care to.

Sin-xix

Feb 21, 2018
anyone know how this approach to management is affecting sales and donations?
or are the hardcore furries/paypigs still happy with this bs?
Man, savin is one lucky turd to get paid for writing his own fetishes.

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
Which is hilarious because after Savin "fired" Hugs he just threw Berwyn to William. So if William misses the deadline it's because of the bullshit Savin threw on his desk. Because Savin doesn't know how to be a decent person.
Yeah, he's a massive hypocrite, nothing new there lol. Making him in charge of others was a disastrous mistake, there are a lot of writers that won't work with him because of past behaviour, too bad we don't have alternative projects, just a pipe dream that somehow still exists.

qorl55

May 23, 2018
I feel like you're taking a joke way too seriously. But nonetheless, I'll humor you. What you're saying isn't wrong, and in fact that's how it works in the first game. However, [stated] does not equate to [actually seen in game].

In the first game, when you accumulate large amounts of corruption, you can actually see that reflected in gameplay. Companions leave you unless they themselves succumb to your corruption, you can no longer use certain weapons, your libido is through the roof, most non-corrupted NPCs will avoid you or attack you, etc. On top of that, the setting of an already corrupted demonic realm makes the whole 'rape upon loss' mechanic work well since that kind of depravity is to be expected.

In CoC2? You barely, if ever see much what corruption actually does to someone aside from the Alraune, Centaur Village and the Bee Hive. For the most part, getting raped upon losing is less because your enemy is corrupted but more because that's just how it is. And before you say it's consensual, because lord knows anything's consensual with Cait, last I checked, the player never had an option to decline getting railed in the ass upon losing. Most of these enemies that rape you, barring the demons themselves, are usually not corrupted.

I bring this up since you specifically bring up how corruption makes people being okay with raping others. If most of the mobs that are not corrupted rape you anyway, the only real difference corruption makes is simply how you look. I understand that the lore makes it very clear what Kas' intentions are and what corruption does to a person. But, to me, all of that falls apart when what I see and experience in game differs heavily from what the game wants me to believe.

Lastly, in case you haven't caught on by now, questioning whether demons are bad are a joke. But is Kas really the villain?
Besides Alraune Centaur Village and Bee Hive we also see it Winter City. I do agree corruption effects are not very well demonstrated in game(and consequently you're experiencing gameplay and story separation I suppose) but neither is the threat of the kitsune and you seemed kind of serious about that. The way I see it about non-demonic/non-corrupted enemies is that Kasyrra has some corruption aura indirectly influencing people's behaviour, or imps are poisoning water sources but that's just my rationalisation.
And no, I didn't realise that questioning of yours was a joke. It's really good, it gets much funnier every time you say it.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes