Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Mega
0.4.21 Patch Notes:

• After clearing the Winter City, a new fiendish goblin enemy will appear in the Frostwood! Includes a new bad end if you lose to her a bunch. ( )
  • Atugia and Brienne have new interactions, including dual sleepwiths! ( )
  • Lots of fixes for BriHaus.
  • New CGs: Brienne/Atugia (by ), Goblin Hypnotist (by DCL)
Oh, it updated.

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
Is the first CoC really as bad as people say? I've been entertaining the thought of playing it for some time since it's... you know, finished and won't require that I wait for months/years for new content, but I'm honestly having second thoughts the more I read about it.
Can only speak about the /hgg/ and Xianxiah versions, never touched the original one.

It is true hgg version has some contents that gather to specific tests, but you have the option to disable it.
Overall, I would say that both hgg and Xianxiah quite superior to COC2 in terms of content (Abilities available depending on your racial score, NG+, perk system, combat & hunger mechanics, dungeons, influence of corruption, grimdark universe).

Not the greatest game when it comes to mechanics, just decent.

There is a couple of features that bloat Xianxiah, but still I prefer it over CoC2.

Sep 20, 2018
How do I get the Arona good end. It involves having Infrith Hretha and Ragnild already pregnant.
I don't know if it's the same for both paths,but in my dom path I enter the frost hound one time after having got Hretha pregnant and Arona will want to talk about removing the seal Hretha put on her so she can become pregnant or impregnate you;a special scene will play if Hretha,Ragnild and Infrith are showing pregnant and/or have all given birth at least once before after Arona has talked about wanting kids

Dec 24, 2020
It's not that bad, per se. If played vanilla, if feels pretty basic and simplistic, sometimes maybe even a tad unfinished since there was quite the drama that went down that led to it being left as is. There's also dumb shit that really makes no sense like this character named Urta and everything else that has to do with Urta.

Highly recommend you play it modded, especially the /hgg mod since it a lot of depth, nuance, and mechanic overhauls.
Urta wasn't a bad character, but like many things in CoC 1, there feels like there are gaps to her character, as they waffled around what direction the game would go in. In fact, a lot of the characters are like that, where they are interesting but usually seem like something is missing. For my money, the dragon lady was the worst character in the game, and showed the begining of the MC getting pushed to the side for an edgy OC.

Reactions: RenH and Dwemer

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Is the first CoC really as bad as people say? I've been entertaining the thought of playing it for some time since it's... you know, finished and won't require that I wait for months/years for new content, but I'm honestly having second thoughts the more I read about it.
It was pretty rad, if you ask me. Some people have issues with interface and combat, but IDGAF about it. It's just window dressing. The content is where it's at.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
A flash game is really limited to many things but at the time, it was considered a masterpiece.

Morons are literally judging a game from the old times with modern standards.

It's one of those games where when the magic goes off, you'd start seeing it's many faults that's why it's great to enjoy while it's there.
I'd still take coc 1 over this piece of shit though.

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Oh, look at that, Atugia content. Guess it has to be tied to Brienne to get anything now.

qorl55

May 23, 2018
(Abilities available depending on your racial score, NG+, perk system, combat & hunger mechanics, dungeons, influence of corruption, grimdark universe).
It's a smut game, who cares about mechanics. To me only the writing is the content. Xianxia especially has a staggering amount of perks, mechanics changes, balance changes and a incredibly daunting changelog and it's all so...unnecessary. The modder seems to be making his magnum opus and this mechanics/balance stuff is mostly just wasted effort.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
how do i combine the cocg mod with new updates so i dont have to have two separate saves
If you mean this Mod

New mod version
4.18 is used as the base version

No more Hashat X Ryn while drinking with Hashat.
Added special drinks that give a permanent +1 to an Atrribute. Can be bought from Garth for 1000 EC each. You can raise each stat to the game's maximum for your level.
Changed the max level to 10 for the PC.
Added a scene where you can fuck Quin's butt.
//New since last patch
It is now possible to have Sanders perform your wedding with Atani.
Added repeatable Kas scenes in the dream palace.
-When you first meet her in the tutorial
-Her Halloween event
-Elf Kas during the ball

Yes the saves are compatible with the normal game. If you start to prepare Atani's wedding finish it before transferring your save to the normal game.
If level 7 or 9 come out and you have already reached the level. Switch classes to get the new perks.
Mega
then no problem. Just move on with new version and you can keep your progress.
If you mean you want to have the mod advantages in new version too thant you need to wait until Modder changed new version too.

Reactions: hentaifelf

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
It's a smut game, who cares about mechanics. To me only the writing is the content. Xianxia especially has a staggering amount of perks, mechanics changes, balance changes and a incredibly daunting changelog and it's all so...unnecessary. The modder seems to be making his magnum opus and this mechanics/balance stuff is mostly just wasted effort.
Maybe people who don't mind a side of smut with their game? Or the other way around? What's wrong with a game who has a two-for-one offer?

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Idk but I'd bet on anything but Lilith's Throne receiving something that requires coding proficiency, at least last time I check that dev fucked that part up quite a lot
well liliths throne is written in java. You could run it in the browser by using something like

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Afaik, no. Besides, not sure how that would work since both are vastly different to each in terms of content, mechanics and overhauls.
The reason I suggested it was the hope that both games didn't diverge codewise too far.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
It's not a visual novel made to be played one-handed while skipping through everything.
Heck, BlackSouls is also a smut game but the combat is one of the best highlights for it.

qorl55

May 23, 2018
It's not a visual novel made to be played one-handed while skipping through everything.
Heck, BlackSouls is also a smut game but the combat is one of the best highlights for it.
Sure, some games with smut, have great combat like Duel Savior. I'm not saying don't have any combat or mechanics, but the xianxia guy seems to put so much effort into that stuff(have you SEEN that changelog?) and I think it's just focusing on entirely the wrong thing. But CoC is text-based, the draw of CoC is the writing, he's not gonna craft some fun exquisite combat system no matter how long it takes. And a smut visual novel is meant to be read, not skipped through. A visual novel is only reading, so just skipping through that seems pointless, might as well just get a cg set if you're gonna do that.

• Angry
Reactions: silentangel
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes